Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 3 Sep 2005, 11:16   #51
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about
Re: Andromeda Pirates - The Succession Wars

it was actually the answer

Engines do not need energy, they produce it (if you look on the sublight engine list it will show you how much energy they produce). Even some FTL engines produce energy for the ship
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 11:19   #52
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Dunin Hemm is on a distinguished road

Oh. I thought the engines used up energy while the FTLs produced it. Oh well; thank you both.
Dunin Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 13:53   #53
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Hawk
ok peeps - only if you want to - you will get bonus points if you write a background for yer character - you dont have to but it gives a bit of depth for those who like to read others posts.
I'd call for penalties for those who get the thread bog down by their mental ravings

But at any rate, here's Kama, read'em and weep, maybe...

The Tuatha Dé Danann
Science Ship Hull

Shield
Phase Shields

Turret
Photon Cannon

External
Deflector Dish
Sensor Array

Additional
Phased Colapsium Hull Armour
Advanced Science Labs
Anti Matter Drive
Trans Warp Drive

500 tonnes hold
Space Surey Team
2700 spare credits
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 13:59   #54
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunin Hemm
I thank Spritely for the template
Anyway: Since I'm a total n00b to Andomeda, I hope LH will forgive any mistakes made in the Background section.

Question: Engines need energy; this much I understad. But where do we get the energy from?

Ship Name: Manticore
Captain: Cali Roxborough
Ship Hull Class: Frigate Strike Leader - 23 000

Engines
Impulse Drive (750 energy units) - 2 000
Black Hole Generator (600 energy units) - 7 000

Nominal Power Output: 500

Shields
Kinetic Shields - 1 000
Energy Shields - 5 000

Armour
Phased Colapsium Hull Armour - 30 000

Systems
Advanced Tactics Computer - 400
Armoury - 5 000
Deflector Dish - 300

Weapons
4 Particle Lasers - 6 000
Heavy IMOD Cannon - 1 500

Bombs
Black Hole Bombs - 2 000

Fighters, Shuttles and Pods:
2 Angel Class Fighters - Free?
20 Light Fighters Alpha Class - 400
2 Assault Shuttles - 6 000
2 Ships Shuttles - 500
20 Armoured Escape Pods - 100 + 10 tonnes

Crew
3 SSS - 3 000
2 AD - 1 600
Logistics and Support Division - 150 + 50 tonnes
HqD - 3 000
SDT - 1 000 + 2 tonnes
ADCT - 1500 + 2 tonnes
MASH - 250 + 5 tonnes

Remaining Resources
Up to 131 tonnes

Remaining Credits 300

---

Cali Roxborough:
Proffession: Pirate

Description: A pale human girl in her early 20's. Her black hair is so closely cropped to her head it is almost a shave and her face is adorned by 2 small scars: One across her nose-ridge and one similar on her right upper lip. Her body is sleek, but when the clothing is removed it turns out that every inch of it is tightly packed with stringy muscles. Her eyes are topaz.

Background: Roxborough was born on a small moon in the backwaters of space to a Romany family. She was singled out by the other children in the slums right from the beginning: Instead of the tanned skin of a normal Rom, Roxborough was partially albino, leading to her skin being milky white and her eyes champaign in colour. But this tuffened her up. By her seventh year she was a fighter: Clad in rags and her hair cut clumsily in a bob, she was no stranger to hand-to-hand combat, but of course there is always something to screw things up; and as often is the case, it was the adults.
Roxborough's father was an alcoholic and a failure. He took out his aggression on his children and Roxborough, being the smallest and the most obnoxious, took the worst of it. Finally being unable to stand her anymore he sold her off to one of his friends for whatever needs the man had. And it was that night that Roxborough first realised just what martial potentials she had. As he tried to bed her, she was able to kick him so furiously that he fell to the floor, clearing the way for her escape.
She snuck onto a transport belonging to a merchant vessel and so began her life as a hitchhiker. Four years later she was dumped on the planet of Angkor Major, where she ended up on the streets, begging for money in Romanian, Russian, Romany and English, the four languages she spoke so far. By a stroke of luck she was noticed by a cab driver named Veas. She couldn't have been more fortunate: He spoke English and was most kind soul. He took her in and let her stay with him and his wife who took a liking to the twelve year olf girl quickly. Here is where Roxborough finally met her real family.
It was also here that she took up the study of Pradal Serey: Khmer Boxing. Normaly a males only art, Veas introduced her to the moves and her martial skills were such that she was able to win the favour of one of the local teachers and become his pupil. These were good years. But when she was seventeen, Tevy (Veas' wife) died from breast cancer; a heavy blow to her wife and "daughter". The following year Veas himself was killed by his mentally unstabil brother, who was then promptly murdered savagely by Roxborough. Her life in shambles, she fled towards more civilised systems.
As part of a small mercenary company, Rozborough had her fill of action and danger, but she aspired for more. In her nineteenth year she staged an attack against a gold transport, as it unloaded its cargo, together with a few of her mates. It was quick and successful: They got away with gold worth 90 000c. Sadly for her friends, that gold and their choice of friend cost them their lives: Roxborough betrayed them and rid herself of their claim to their shares of the gold. With all of it to her disposal she soon had a ship, crew and equipment ready for the life of piracy along the shipping lanes.
ship approved - and for a new person to Andromeda may i say welcome - the background is good - bonus points will be awarded- any questions just ask either I will answer or one of the others Acid K and Fluffie are probably best to ask although anyone will help you

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 14:00   #55
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Kama-Ka-C
I'd call for penalties for those who get the thread bog down by their mental ravings

But at any rate, here's Kama, read'em and weep, maybe...

The Tuatha Dé Danann
Science Ship Hull

Shield
Phase Shields

Turret
Photon Cannon

External
Deflector Dish
Sensor Array

Additional
Phased Colapsium Hull Armour
Advanced Science Labs
Anti Matter Drive
Trans Warp Drive

500 tonnes hold
Space Surey Team
2700 spare credits
a science ship hmmmm this gives me ideas

ship approved

Unread 3 Sep 2005, 14:05   #56
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunin Hemm
Oh. I thought the engines used up energy while the FTLs produced it. Oh well; thank you both.
to answer the question of the energy in game terms as AK says on the list you will see that the engines give a certain amount of energy - that is why you will see some of the older playes have more than one engine on their ships.

The total amount of energy given is then used up by the other ships systems (weapons, scanning, manovering, etc) you do not know how much each does as they are determined by me - so for example your ship may fire all its weapons in one turn (post) but mau not have enough energy to shield itself or move fast enough to get out of danger

Unread 3 Sep 2005, 14:09   #57
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
And so people bother posting all their hard worked ships in the first place because of... why?
why? an interesting question

the people that post in this thread create the ships and characters much as you would find in any roleplaying game - be it on a PC or over the table using books, so that they then have a persona that can be used in the story that is the basis for this thread these characters are in this case then used in a fictiious universe (much like in the Star Wars movies) where they battle a number of enemies and follow a loose story line until they "win" or the die "loose"

Unread 3 Sep 2005, 14:12   #58
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Rank and Score

Ranks

1 - Lt Commander Acid-K:
Score: 0
Medals: 0
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

2 - Lt Commander Fluffie:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

3 - Lt Commander Flapjack:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

4 - Lt Commander Inspectre:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

5 - Lt Commander Hewitt:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

6 - Lt Commander Spritley Zombie
Score:
Medals:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

7 - Lt Commander J-Kama-Ka-C
Score:
Medals:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

8 - Lt Commander Dunin Hemm
Score:
Medals:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

Unread 3 Sep 2005, 14:16   #59
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Re: Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspectre
"Well, I think I've finally detected the source of that distress signal, captain." Jorge Salazar reported from his station at Sensors after a tense ten minutes spent moving in the signal's direction.

"Oh? Well then, let's hear it." Joseph grunted, his knuckles slowly returning to a healthy pink after his intense grip on his chair's armrests for the past ten minutes had turned them bone white.

"Well, sir, it seems to just be a piece of space debris: probably a section of hull plating that got blasted off, oh, years ago possibly."

"Alright. Well then, why didn't our sensors pick it up sooner, and why is it emitting a distress signal?" Joseph asked pointedly.

"Well, as to why it's emitting a distress signal, I can't tell you. But I can explain why our sensors didn't pick it up sooner: it’s stealth coated. In fact, quite an advanced type of stealth coating; I'm amazed that we even picked it up at this range."

"More advanced than anything the CSC could outfit its ships with?"

"Unless there's a top secret research base somewhere nearby, and someone really frakked up on the clean-up after one of the experiments went boom, then no sir: we're talking First Contact. I'll be able to tell you a little bit more about the object once we get closer: the stealth coating is still messing with my readings." Jorge said, dropping his bomb with surprising calm before turning his attention back to the sensor console.

First contact with an alien civilization, one with at least considerably more stealth technology. Was there an alien ship already here, stalking them? Was it even now positioning itself into the perfect striking position from which to move against his ship? No, such thoughts were not supported by the facts, and Joseph refused to give in to paranoia.

"Keep us moving in towards the object, Helm. No sense in waiting around when the only answers will be found at the object itself." Joseph ordered, before leaning over to whisper quietly to Thomas, his XO. "What do you think?"

Thomas thought for a moment, knowing that his suggestions often allowed his captain to see a given situation from a different angle. Coming up with what he thought was a suitable answer, he leaned over and whispered back, "Well, the way I see it, we've got two choices: run away screaming from an opponent that probably doesn't exist, whether these aliens would be friendly or not, or we keep closing with this object until we get some real, quantifiable answers that'll make the Brass happy."

"Indeed, I guess we keep going then, because I want some d*mn answers."

"As do I, sir, as do I."

Meanwhile, the ship continued moving ever closer to the mysterious, potentially alien, object.

More Later
Cannot wait ....

Unread 3 Sep 2005, 14:25   #60
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Bounties

None ...... yet

Unread 3 Sep 2005, 14:32   #61
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

1150 years ago the legend began........

The Erridanni Sector - CENTER ONE the native name of this system is now lost, and only remeberd by the name CENTER ONE. This sector is situated 1250 light years from Galactic core on an UNSTABLE WORMHOLE NEXUS.

Legends say that Center One gave rise to all civilisation in the Galaxy this came under the name THE SYSTEMS COMMONWEALTH.
A combination of systems, original inhabitants, and numerous visitors from other systems and some say other galaxies, who trapped by the NEXUS chose to stay there rather than gamble with is unknown nature and science. In this way the old order came into being and gave rise to all the races now known off in the galaxy.

The nexus was a curious affair - a single point that orbted Center ones Star (this is refered to as Solarus - the first sun) in a highly elliptuical orbit. This point gave the Systems Commonwealth its roving power. This Wormhole nexus when the so called GRAVITON DRIVE was invented allowed ships to appear anywhere in the galaxy the Systems Commonwealth was supreme.

The presecece of the Nexus accelerated the natural aging process of Solarus but at such a slow rate as to go unnoticed by the local astrophysicists. Only when Center ones ruling factions determined that the best solution was to send criminals on a one way trip thru the nexus "for scientific" purposes did the degeneartion become evident.

Thousands of massive EXILE ships were sentr in this manner carrying the so called Exiles with them. This heavy usage of the nexus led to its own increased instability and through that the rapid aging of the star to NOVA status a few billion years to early, the COMMONWEALTH faced destruction.

Thus began the Super Dimension Fortress Program (see prev Andromeda Pirates for the outcome of this little saga). the Commonwealth also sponsored other programmes to create giant ships that could travel thru the NEXUS. Ironically following the outcasts that they themselves had condemmed.

Other independant factions also worke on their own to create similar ships. 1000's were launched before Center One fiannly vanished into the myths of time some say that it was destroyed.... or was it?

Future Historians would speculate on the precise location of Center One, many planets and solar systems being offered as the so called location and even so called proof being presented.

However more pressing events put studies on hold untile they too became nothing more than fodder for authors of speculative fiction.

4854 AE (after Erridani)

1175 years since the discovery ofthe Darkspace in 3689 AE

1180 years since the Skirmish Wars 3654 - 3659.

1270 years since the LONG NIGHT that saw the destruction of the Systems commonwealth..... AT THE HANDS OF THE INSECTIDS

Time has passed and a lot of things have changed, there is now a new world order as follows :-

That new world order arose out of a need - THE NEW SYSTEMS COMMONWEALTH was a tyranny and ws taken out by certain independant so called pirate houses that fought with them to the bitter end in some cases.

Out of the ashes of the old came the new standard, a founding of 2 great houses and the survivors of the CSC that did not want to join the revamped Combined Systems Commonwealth. This has become the NEW SYSTEMS REPUBLIC ruled by the PRO-CONSUL he or she is the total head of this new Sector Spanning Empire - they rule with an iron hand and they take no prisoners - they are a futurisitic version of the Roman Empire before Julius Ceaser.

Meanwhile a Dark force spread across other star systems and this so called "EMPIRE" became a great force and an uneasy truce was forged by the Federation with this EMPIRE as it was based on old friendships

this Empire is the KIPIRE

the current leader is one man who built all this up by himself from humble beginnings

EMPEROR J-KAMA-KA-C

But his right hand man is the dread dark lord

LORD FLUFFIE - a man that is to be feared.

Yet another small faction rose out of the ashes, some say that they moved forward in time to avoid the so called main war. They are small but provide a home to those who fear the Federation or hate the Kipire.

They have no house name but they used the mysterious Technology that can be found... Mainly SHADOW TECH or CHRONIAN TECH. Most of the chroninans actually joined this "house" when they learned they could not get back

DATELINE - 4854 AE (after Erridanni).

The Sector of Space known as ERRIDANNI SECTOR is now under a very loose truce for the past 1000 years the various new HOUSES have been trading and fighting along the outer sector of ERRIDANNI called simply the RIM TERRITORIES theye are a collection of independant worlds (some 400 and counting - of them) allined with no-one they fight to keep the tyranny of all forms of rulership or empire away from themselves - some of these worlds are powerful, some are backwaters but others are just simply there ..... and now the NEW SYSTEMS REPUBLIC has decided to increase its borders and the RIM TERRITORIES have come under its mighty tyrrinical gaze.

There are also 3 Factions fighting for control of this area of space.

THE INSECTIDS

these are quiet at the moment and the people of SHRAAN who watch the borders of INSECTID space have not seen anything for 40 years. Most of the Border planets of the AREA OF THE WATCH (a bit like the neutral zone in star trek) report no activity in INSECTID SPACE

THE COMBINED SYSTEMS CONFEDERATION.

this is the name of those worlds that used to be of the Old Systems Commonwealth and those that survived the SKIRMISH WARS and hate both the KIPIRE and THE FEDERATION. They are Xenophobic and fight to the death. They seek the old technology of the FABLED STAR LEAGUE WORLDS. And have have allied thenselves with the NEW SYSTEMS REPUBLIC

THE KIPIRE

they fight against the CSC and seek to destroy all ships and conquer all their worlds. Also the KIPIRE are the leaders in new technology and seek to bring peace thru out the sector.

THE DEVRAN IMPERIUM

or what remains of them, are the CHRONO & BORG human/drones that now inhabit over 300 worlds of the sector, their ships are THE MOST ADVANCED in ROMMEY. These ships are capable of TIME PHASING and are virtually undetectable. They seek to conquer

THE PAST
THE PRESENT
&
THE FUTURE

They must be stopped.

And now the Present 4954 AE

The Devorans shatterd what resistance that :-

Clan Asanawa
KIPIRE
Federation

could put up - most of humanity was wiped out in what came to be known as the DEVORAN WARS, they came they saw the exterminated - ERRIDANI became a desolate sector, but like all Imperiums that have come and gone -

THE ROMANS
THE GREEK
THE NAZIS
THE BRITISH
THE KIPIRE

All empires crumble and so it was for the DEVORRAN because they no longer had any enemies they turned to fight on one another and thus inter strife began with one Devorran world after another fighting its neighbours - and because the Devorran were ruthless killing machines they wiped out one another - right down to the last mandroid.

This meant that vast solar systems could once more recover life and once more sustaine human life - the SURVIVORS that had fled the onslaught had now returned and in the space of a few short years THE ERRIDANI SECTOR was once more populated - although sparesly. This was also the time that other races emerged after using their own contingency plans - and of course some races just simply weatherd the DEVORRAN storm.

ERRIDANI now is a place that has no vast controlling power - it was as it was before - a series of loose linked planets and star systems that trade with one another, each suspicious of its neighbours, interplanetary wars are common place -

PIRATES
MERCS
FREE BOOTERS
FREE LANCERS
MERCHANTS

ply their trade some nefariuos others more legitimate.

Also the NSR have decided that it is time to flex its mighty empire muscles and claim what used to belong to the OLD WORLD ORDER only one race can have the old STAR LEAGUE technology and that would be them.

in this time of Chaos you come into it with one intention SURVIVE OR DIE..................

WELCOME TO ERRIDANI

HAVE A NICE DAY!

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 3 Sep 2005 at 15:17.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 14:38   #62
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Did my ship get approved baby?
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 14:46   #63
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
The Outsider
Lt. Commander Fluffie
300 c

Heavy Cruiser - 50 000 c
7 000 tonnes hold

Shields (10+2=12):
4x Heavy Shield (12) - 4 000 c

Weaponry (30+4=34):
2x Reflex Cannon (20) - 20 000 c

4x Particle Laser (8) - 6 000 c

1x Anti Missile Defence II (2) - 200 c
1x Anti Fighter Defence II (4) - 500 c

External (10):
N/A

Additional (20):
2x Shield Mount (2)
4x Weapon Mount (4)
4x Drive Mount (4)

2x Heavy Armour Plating (2) - 10 000 c

1x Advanced Tactics Computer [+ Upgrade] (2) - 1 200 c

Drives (1+4=5):
2x Impulse Drive (2) - 4 000 c
2x Warp Drive (2) - 1 000 c
1x Hyper Drive (1) - 300 c

Cargo Hold:
1x ADCT - 1 500 c
2x Marine Company - 1 000 c

//

Background will come.
approved

Unread 3 Sep 2005, 14:56   #64
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Did my ship get approved baby?
yes

Unread 3 Sep 2005, 15:00   #65
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Ok.... so if I've understood correctly the Devonians wiped out most of humanity, then they wiped themselves out and then everyone moved back in and then over the next thousand years people either declared loyality to one of the three factions now (loosely) controlling the sector and have only just recently signed a truce but because the civil war has gone on for so long planets have taken to governing themselves independantly since the three factions have practically wiped out each other....

Is that correct?

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 15:08   #66
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Sectors Surrounding Erridani that are known

THE RIM TERRITORIES

this is a collection of some 400+ worlds that are not alligned to any of the major factions. According to some Lore Masters this is where the Star League made some of their bases and also this sector of space contains some of the most mineral rich planets

SHRAANIAN SECTOR

See Acid K for this - information is Classified on a need to know basis -
WARNING - ROOKIE CAPTAINS ARE ADVISDED TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS SECTOR

DANGER RATING - EXTREME.

DARK SPACE

A vast area of space that supposedly contains no life or planets although unmanned probes have detected what could possibly be a STELLAR NURSERY deep within the expanse. Confirmation however remains sepculatiuve at present.

THE VALMORRAN EXPANSE (aka THE BADLANDS)

this area of space lies some 55 light years from ERRIDANNI and is home to some 120 rogue planets - there are not linked to any star system and wander this vast expanxse of plasma storms, gravity wells and other anomalies, many of the nefarious elements of Andromeda make their homes or bases here.

this area of space has provided a thorn in the KIPIRE and NSR sides due to the lawlessness of this area of space as a result they have created an area of space that borders the Badlands called the EXCLUSION ZONE that is 5 light years deep and is patrolled heavily by both KIPIRE ships and NSR ships, it is the only place in ERRIDANNI that a truce between the NSR and others exist.

PRIME SPACE

An area of space that some 1000 years ago bore the bront of the Systems Commonwealth Anger and was wiped out - it is home to vast Asteroid fields and huge moon sized planets again like the Badlands it is a breeding ground for rogue elements and also provides shelter for those who hide from the Law or others.

It has some 200 planets that have been identified and as yet no one has moved into this area of space, but again for the unwary Captain it can prove to be deadly, it was from beyond this area that the Vast INSECTID ARMADA appeared again over 1000 years ago and proceeded to destroy everything in its path.

KIPIRE SPACE

This lies 1 light year from ERRIDANI and is the recognised home of many of the Pirates that ply the space ways (see all previous Andromeda threads ).... this is where You will begin.

It is a collection of 30 worlds that have survived all that has been thrown at them, most notable is the system of ANKAA and its the SHOW OFF SPACE STATION that has become famous as one of the 7 wonders of the galaxy ( ). The Kipire provides shelter to all those in need - for a fee of course at generous prices and discounts.

The NSR would dearly love to wipe them out but due to a mysterious force called the KIP so far they have been unsucessful.

NSR SPACE

A collection of some 800 worlds that enjoy the protection of the NSR Pro Consul who is currently Marcus Crassus.

All these worlds hate anything to do with the outside (ie other Non Human Races) and have decided that they want an empire that is ruled and run by humans only, the treat all other lifefroms with disdain and even hunt them down for sport.

The most feared of the NSR ships are the dread Preatorian Gaurd ships - all deep purple in colour they are the most feared and advanced of any of the NSR ships

Last edited by Lady Hawk; 4 Sep 2005 at 16:30.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 15:09   #67
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
Ok.... so if I've understood correctly the Devonians wiped out most of humanity, then they wiped themselves out and then everyone moved back in and then over the next thousand years people either declared loyality to one of the three factions now (loosely) controlling the sector and have only just recently signed a truce but because the civil war has gone on for so long planets have taken to governing themselves independantly since the three factions have practically wiped out each other....

Is that correct?
correct

Unread 3 Sep 2005, 15:15   #68
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
correct
\o/

*Awards self a gold star.*

Had to check because I needed to see if I needed to change my background... plus I read your timeline post pre-edit.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 15:25   #69
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
\o/

*Awards self a gold star.*

Had to check because I needed to see if I needed to change my background... plus I read your timeline post pre-edit.
heh ok

Unread 3 Sep 2005, 15:42   #70
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

And now for a short and not all inclusive history.

The Outsider's Hyper Drive takes her out of FTL and into a system as its power is turned off. Shortly there-after the Impulse Drives kick in, beginning to take the Heavy Cruiser towards a not too small moon, a bit deeper into the system, close to an uninhabitable but resource rich planet...

On the edge of the system are a number of freighters and specialised construction ships, as well as some particular barges designed to act as mobile refineries... Accompanying them are warships too, with a Heavy Destroyer seemingly in charge, if one were to assume that what they were flying in was actually a formation.

Aboard The Outsider the two Warp Drives activate, each beginning to power its own Reflex Cannon. They weren't going to engage the warships, even though the Reflex Cannons could chew through them like a hot knife through butter, instead, the ship stayed on its heading ... towards the moon.

"This is The Outsider hailing Beaten Down Gnome..."

"Thought you'd never arrive, Outsider. We're still on schedule, but we need you to move quick. Still think you can bust that moon?"

"You just keep your credits ready, that moon will stop bothering you as soon as we are charged up and in range."

"Roger that Outsider."

"Got any detailed scans of our target? If we know the best place to hit, we might be able to do it with one blast."

"Sure thing, sending data now."

On the bridge of The Outsider, Lt. Com. Fluffie looks at his Science Officer. The SO looks up and nods, confirming that the data had been successfully received and that he would look at it at once. It wasn't really vital information since the moon wasn't necessarily big, but still, over time Fluffie and his crew had learned that information was always a good thing. For exactly that reason he had been wanting to upgrade his Cruiser a bit, giving her more equipment to scan her surroundings, but he had never gotten around to do so. Monetary issues and all that... But now they would be over, from now on, all the money they made would be for himself, the crew and the ship. He had paid off all debts now and was a free man again, a man that no longer had to worry about shady fellows reminding him of certain things...

The amazed yet concerned and convinced shouting of his No. 1 jerked him out of his thoughts and back to reality...

No. 1 - "All hands, BRACE FOR IMPACT!"

Fluffie's second in command had already smashed the Red Alert button that Fluffie would've hoped never to use... The alert sounded and red lights started flashing in a subtle yet noticeable but not distracting way. Then, the ship rocked as it was struck by the for Fluffie still unknown attackers...

"Status report!"

SO - "A volley of torpedoes fired from... that moon... struck us! Shields were still down, sir!"

EO - "I have dispatched a team, damage report will follow shortly..."

WO - "Reflex Cannons at 70% and still charging..."

No. 1 - "We are raising shields, no casualty reports."

CO - "Construction fleet is hailing us, what do I tell them?"

"Tell them we were attacked from the moon and that we are investigating. Ask them if they can...."

SO - "Sir! Look at this!"

First looking at the SO and then to the view screen, Fluffie's mouth falls open. A base, hidden to the non-concerning eye, but still...

"There's a ****ing pirates nest on this moon? And they missed it?"

SO - "Sir! Ships have launched from the moon and are on an attack course. Most of them are heading for the fleet, a couple have picked us as a target..."

No. 1 - "Orders? I think it's best if we run and if we do it now. We are not a warship... Or at least, we didn't set out to become one, right?"

"No.. Well.."

Fluffie looked around, thinking. His crew could handle a fight as could his ship maybe... But today? They were in their routine, the routine of blowing large space bodies up. He would be lying if he said the thought of becoming a mercenary or something had never crossed his mind, but today? No, it wasn't the day.

"You're right. Helm, turn us around and take us out of here."

No. 1 - "Shields are raised..."

WO - "AFD and AMD are active. Charging Particle Lasers just in case."

CO - "The fleet is asking us to help cover the escape of their non-warships."

No. 1 - "That still might earn us some credits..."

"Very well, Helm, set a course to aid our.. allies. WO, SO, start loading all data into the Tactics Computer and prepare firing solutions!"

Changing her course for the second time, The Outsider shoots through space with her Impulse Drives burning at full power. For the moment nobody was firing upon her, but still, her Heavy Shields charged and surrounded her with protective energy fields. As soon as they were charged, the long range Lasers opened fire.

Not much later, the freighters and barges jumped out. The remaining ships were now either already engaged in combat, or about to...

SO - "Oh God... One of our allies just went down."

Looking at the view screen, Fluffie's eyes confirmed what his ears had just heard. A frigate with flames still bursting out on various different locations was spiralling aimlessly and lifelessly through the cold, black void.

"Damn it! We need to get out of here. How much longer till the Hyper Drive is charged?"

EO - "Just a few more minutes!"

No. 1 - "Maybe it's better if we... keep ourselves a bit farther away. Our Lasers are long range anyway sir..."

WO - "He's correct. And we don't want to be close when our Reflex Cannons fire, do we?"

Fluffie looks up, a bit suprised.

"Our Reflex Cannons?"

WO - "Heh, forgot about them, ey? They're 100% charged and ready to fire... Sir."

"Helm, take us to optimal firing range. SO, ready the shields for the blast. WO, prepare your firing solution and Comms, tell our friends to stay back..."

SO - "She won't need to sir, they have just fled."

No. 1 - filled with disbelief - "They abandoned us?"

SO - "Seems like it."

"Fine then. We'll deal with them later. SO, EO... Strengthen our shields. WO, fire when ready."

The Outsider turned herself about, the gun ports of her two now fully charged Reflex Cannons aimed straight at the pirates. Her engines went into full reverse, while the front shields reserved extra power at the expense of the other sectors.

WO - smiling darkly - "Like counting sheep to the rhythm of the war drums....You'd much prefer it to give the order yourself.... Sir..."

Fluffie looked at his WO once again. The man had seen war and battles before, supposedly having served the Kipire once. He had been right many a time before, so why not trust him now? To give the command... The command to fire some of the most destructive weapons in the universe at lowlife pirates... Fluffie felt something he had never felt before inside of him... When he looked up, for he had started to look at the ground, his smile was dark, maybe even darker then the one his former Kipire WO was smiling.

"FIRE!"

On his command, the weapons fired. Bright white beams of destruction sped through space, crashing into and then ripping apart, tearing through the pirate vessels, foolishly approaching the Heavy Cruiser, The Outsider. Feeling almost sentimentally warm inside, Fluffie watches the destruction outside. Satisfaction descends on him, but as soon as the blast clears, his SO warns him.

SO - "I think they might've been able to call in for back up, sir. Enemy carriers jumping in..."

No. 1 - looking at the view screen - "We can't handle that many fighters sir."

"Alright. Lets jump out and return home... We'll have enough money for repairs and then we'll consider hunting down our last... employers..."
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 15:47   #71
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
And now for a short and not all inclusive history.

The Outsider's Hyper Drive takes her out of FTL and into a system as its power is turned off. Shortly there-after the Impulse Drives kick in, beginning to take the Heavy Cruiser towards a not too small moon, a bit deeper into the system, close to an uninhabitable but resource rich planet...

On the edge of the system are a number of freighters and specialised construction ships, as well as some particular barges designed to act as mobile refineries... Accompanying them are warships too, with a Heavy Destroyer seemingly in charge, if one were to assume that what they were flying in was actually a formation.

Aboard The Outsider the two Warp Drives activate, each beginning to power its own Reflex Cannon. They weren't going to engage the warships, even though the Reflex Cannons could chew through them like a hot knife through butter, instead, the ship stayed on its heading ... towards the moon.

"This is The Outsider hailing Beaten Down Gnome..."

"Thought you'd never arrive, Outsider. We're still on schedule, but we need you to move quick. Still think you can bust that moon?"

"You just keep your credits ready, that moon will stop bothering you as soon as we are charged up and in range."

"Roger that Outsider."

"Got any detailed scans of our target? If we know the best place to hit, we might be able to do it with one blast."

"Sure thing, sending data now."

On the bridge of The Outsider, Lt. Com. Fluffie looks at his Science Officer. The SO looks up and nods, confirming that the data had been successfully received and that he would look at it at once. It wasn't really vital information since the moon wasn't necessarily big, but still, over time Fluffie and his crew had learned that information was always a good thing. For exactly that reason he had been wanting to upgrade his Cruiser a bit, giving her more equipment to scan her surroundings, but he had never gotten around to do so. Monetary issues and all that... But now they would be over, from now on, all the money they made would be for himself, the crew and the ship. He had paid off all debts now and was a free man again, a man that no longer had to worry about shady fellows reminding him of certain things...

The amazed yet concerned and convinced shouting of his No. 1 jerked him out of his thoughts and back to reality...

No. 1 - "All hands, BRACE FOR IMPACT!"

Fluffie's second in command had already smashed the Red Alert button that Fluffie would've hoped never to use... The alert sounded and red lights started flashing in a subtle yet noticeable but not distracting way. Then, the ship rocked as it was struck by the for Fluffie still unknown attackers...

"Status report!"

SO - "A volley of torpedoes fired from... that moon... struck us! Shields were still down, sir!"

EO - "I have dispatched a team, damage report will follow shortly..."

WO - "Reflex Cannons at 70% and still charging..."

No. 1 - "We are raising shields, no casualty reports."

CO - "Construction fleet is hailing us, what do I tell them?"

"Tell them we were attacked from the moon and that we are investigating. Ask them if they can...."

SO - "Sir! Look at this!"

First looking at the SO and then to the view screen, Fluffie's mouth falls open. A base, hidden to the non-concerning eye, but still...

"There's a ****ing pirates nest on this moon? And they missed it?"

SO - "Sir! Ships have launched from the moon and are on an attack course. Most of them are heading for the fleet, a couple have picked us as a target..."

No. 1 - "Orders? I think it's best if we run and if we do it now. We are not a warship... Or at least, we didn't set out to become one, right?"

"No.. Well.."

Fluffie looked around, thinking. His crew could handle a fight as could his ship maybe... But today? They were in their routine, the routine of blowing large space bodies up. He would be lying if he said the thought of becoming a mercenary or something had never crossed his mind, but today? No, it wasn't the day.

"You're right. Helm, turn us around and take us out of here."

No. 1 - "Shields are raised..."

WO - "AFD and AMD are active. Charging Particle Lasers just in case."

CO - "The fleet is asking us to help cover the escape of their non-warships."

No. 1 - "That still might earn us some credits..."

"Very well, Helm, set a course to aid our.. allies. WO, SO, start loading all data into the Tactics Computer and prepare firing solutions!"

Changing her course for the second time, The Outsider shoots through space with her Impulse Drives burning at full power. For the moment nobody was firing upon her, but still, her Heavy Shields charged and surrounded her with protective energy fields. As soon as they were charged, the long range Lasers opened fire.

Not much later, the freighters and barges jumped out. The remaining ships were now either already engaged in combat, or about to...

SO - "Oh God... One of our allies just went down."

Looking at the view screen, Fluffie's eyes confirmed what his ears had just heard. A frigate with flames still bursting out on various different locations was spiralling aimlessly and lifelessly through the cold, black void.

"Damn it! We need to get out of here. How much longer till the Hyper Drive is charged?"

EO - "Just a few more minutes!"

No. 1 - "Maybe it's better if we... keep ourselves a bit farther away. Our Lasers are long range anyway sir..."

WO - "He's correct. And we don't want to be close when our Reflex Cannons fire, do we?"

Fluffie looks up, a bit suprised.

"Our Reflex Cannons?"

WO - "Heh, forgot about them, ey? They're 100% charged and ready to fire... Sir."

"Helm, take us to optimal firing range. SO, ready the shields for the blast. WO, prepare your firing solution and Comms, tell our friends to stay back..."

SO - "She won't need to sir, they have just fled."

No. 1 - filled with disbelief - "They abandoned us?"

SO - "Seems like it."

"Fine then. We'll deal with them later. SO, EO... Strengthen our shields. WO, fire when ready."

The Outsider turned herself about, the gun ports of her two now fully charged Reflex Cannons aimed straight at the pirates. Her engines went into full reverse, while the front shields reserved extra power at the expense of the other sectors.

WO - smiling darkly - "Like counting sheep to the rhythm of the war drums....You'd much prefer it to give the order yourself.... Sir..."

Fluffie looked at his WO once again. The man had seen war and battles before, supposedly having served the Kipire once. He had been right many a time before, so why not trust him now? To give the command... The command to fire some of the most destructive weapons in the universe at lowlife pirates... Fluffie felt something he had never felt before inside of him... When he looked up, for he had started to look at the ground, his smile was dark, maybe even darker then the one his former Kipire WO was smiling.

"FIRE!"

On his command, the weapons fired. Bright white beams of destruction sped through space, crashing into and then ripping apart, tearing through the pirate vessels, foolishly approaching the Heavy Cruiser, The Outsider. Feeling almost sentimentally warm inside, Fluffie watches the destruction outside. Satisfaction descends on him, but as soon as the blast clears, his SO warns him.

SO - "I think they might've been able to call in for back up, sir. Enemy carriers jumping in..."

No. 1 - looking at the view screen - "We can't handle that many fighters sir."

"Alright. Lets jump out and return home... We'll have enough money for repairs and then we'll consider hunting down our last... employers..."

great - so this gives me some ideas to - bonus points awarded

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 02:06   #72
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Just so you know LH, there's a few more ships on my Elfwood account to look at (one C'raask, one Shraanian)

Working on Gripstar atm :P
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 02:12   #73
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

Ship Name: Nirai Kanai

Corvette - c 15000

4 shield mounts
10 turret mounts
10 external mounts
10 additional mounts
1250 tonnes hold

Impulse Drive - c2000
Linear Drive - experimental - c1000
Fusion Drive - c 100 - x 300 energy units

2 x Nova Cannon - Advanced Phaser 4 - 3 Turret Mounts - fires photon and phaser blast in one beam a truly devastating weapon - c 1500

5 x Quantum Torpedoes - c 1000 - 2 shots per mount - long range - the best missiles around a truly devastating missile
5 x Phased Photon - c 1000 - 2 shots to a mount - this is the latest photon Torp - packs more of a punch and can be overloaded to cause more damage
1 x Medium Tau Cannon
4 turret mounts needs 1 separate fusion drive to power medium class weapon when it hits it hits all shields doing damage 1st to the shields sort of a cross between a Borg Photon Torp and an Ion Cannon and an EMP Cannon
cost – 15000c
3 x Tau Missiles
3 to a mount, these babies are the pinnacle of Missile Technology – they are the fastest missile around, have a high degree of accuracy, when they hit they drain ALL shields like the borg photon torp they also have an inbuilt computer that makes them hard to hit as they can avoid enemy fire to try to shoot them down
cost – 9000c

Ablative Armour - explosive armour effective against all weapons - c 5500
Phase Shields - c 6000

Deflector Dish - 1 additional mount or 1 external mount - Enhances the range of all ships sensors by 50% - c 300
Sensor Array - 1 add mount + 1 external mount - these are upgraded ships sensors allows scans of up to 1 light year - c 2000
Phase Scanners - new scanners with 25% more range and 25% more power - takes one additional slot but needs the deflector dish add on to work - c1000
Tractor Beam Mk X - 2 additional slots - this can be used as a weapon or part of point defense or to guide ships and cargo in - this has a short range capacity. again designed by Zappa. - c1500

5 x ‘Black Draconic’ Class Interceptor Striker
1 to a mount
Tau Shielding
X3 Tau Cannon
x6 AFD II
x2 AMD II
Impulse Drive
Hyper Drive
- 4000 each

5 x ‘Drake’ Class Anti Capital Ship Striker
2 to a mount
Heavy Shields
x2 Phaser G
x2 AFD II
x4 Cruise Missile
Impulse Drive
Hyper Drive
- 1100 each

1 additional mount, 2 shield mounts free

100c left

Time: T-Minus 5 Minutes

Major Nathan Gains strode on to the bridge of the Nirai Kanai and took his seat. The Captain’s seat, to be exact. The Nirai Kanai had never had a ‘Captain’ as such, and for as long as Gains could manage it, it would not. The Nirai Kanai was not a navy craft, but an army one. Though to be accurate, the army to which it had belonged to was no longer in the same form. The Nirai Kanai was a command craft of the ACE as-was, and Major Gains led the 55th Mobile ACE Pyrian Brigade, though among the Brigadesmen it was popularly known as the ‘Flying 55th’. Of course, a large portion of the 55th was not on board, still bogged down in fighting on Harrian Beta. It wouldn’t be a problem though, Major Gains trusted Captain Collie to both keep order and to bring the main fighting unit back in one piece. He had confidence in her. This mission wouldn’t require troops anyway. Gains keyed the all-units comm.

“Ops check.”

The squadron leaders reported back in unit code. Well, they were more flights than squadrons, a support team rather than proper combat units. Squadron Chief Farore reported first, since he commanded both the Black Draconic interceptors of Sceptre Group and the Drake bombers.

“Sceptre Group reports status 1-1-1.”

Next was the subdued tones of Squadron Lieutenant Jorson, the introspective and reserved bomber leader.

“Mace Group, 1-1-1.”

Gains’ second in command was the last one to speak, and he was sitting in front of Gains in the ops chair. Brigade Chief Justiman. Gains knew that he and Collie were... involved, but the Chief remained the epitome of professionalism, despite the missing Captain.

“Fighters report green. Missile banks loaded and ready. Jump lattice locked. BattleNet initialised... Tech Sergeant Reynolds says we are ready to micro-jump. Op is 1-1-1.”

“Excellent. Begin op countdown.”

“T-minus 2 minutes Major.”

Major Gains tapped his fingers on the armrest of his chair. For a Brigadesman, there was little worse than space operations. Besides the waiting, there was nothing real, nothing physical and tactile. Just buttons to push to make people die. Gains would put up with it for this mission at least though. His intelligence officer had picked out Border System 142A as a target for the presence of a certain space station. That of the Red Rose Pirates, a menace to both local trade and civilians. There had been seventeen attacks in the past month, none leaving anyone alive. Since ACE wasn’t about any more, the 55th got to do basically what it liked, and Gains was more than happy to do a little void work to rid space of trash like the Red Roses. The counter continued to drop, passing the one minute mark.

“Prepare for Jump 1. Sceptre, Mace, tuck in tight and be ready to come out fighting. We’ve got surprise on our side, but there may be sentries closer in system. I want a smooth strike, in and out.”

“5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Jump!”

As Chief Justiman’s words finished the Nirai Kanai corvette and ten accompanying fighters disappeared from reality for an instant, then reappeared a mere second later. In relative terms it was only a mere hop, outer system ring to inner. The Black Draconics and Drakes scattered on re-entry, as per the plan. The Nirai Kanai on the other hand just sat still. There was not a wink of power to her propulsion drives. The Chief bagan to comment on the situation.

“Target-designate is furballing. Multiple fighter signatures, on the high side, but within expected numbers. I count fourteen reflex missiles too. Looks like they’re going for overkill.”

The Major nodded, unconcerned.

“As expected.”

“As expected sir.”

Gains sighed.

“How did things get so bad that pirates like these got expensive hardware like reflex missiles.”

Justiman replied without taking his eyes from his screen.

“I know, Major, and yet our funds are getting short. We may need to take mercenary jobs soon. Jump 2 in twenty seconds.”

“As long as we can still do our job, mercenary jobs will be fine.”

Justiman finished his countdown two seconds before the missiles would have intersected with the Nirai Kanai. The little ship disappeared again, popping up merely a few hundred metres in front of the station, target designate. The reflex missiles, reacquiring their target from the Nirai Kanai’s IFF transponder looped around and back toward the corvette. The Sceptres and Maces were in full combat now, keeping missiles and fighters off their command ship.

“Jump 3 in twenty five seconds.”

“Open fire, all tubes.”

“Aye, tubes 1 through 13 firing. Mace, begin attack run.”

“Mace acknowledges, 4-2-4 Major.”

As Jorson’s voice on the radio faded, a storm of missiles was let loose from the various vessels. Three shield-draining Tau missiles led the way, with Cruise missiles, Quantum and Phased Photon torpedoes following.

“Is Lieutenant Opek on time?”

“Highly punctual. His pod is being recovered now, patching through.”

“Opek here, blowing charges on Nirai Kanai’s mark.”

Lieutenant Opek, the 55th’s intelligence chief had been despatched a week earlier to infiltrate. It seemed he had been successful. Gains hadn’t really doubted Opek, he always got the job done. Gains didn’t quite know how sometimes, and he suspected he didn’t want to. And now, the stations shields would come down. The unit’s missiles would get through to the unshielded station, but it wouldn’t destroy it, that wasn’t the point.

“Jump 3, go.”

The missile storm blew. So did the charges. The ensuing explosion was plenty to block sensors and sight for the next few seconds. And because of it, the fourteen reflex missiles weren’t bright enough to spot that the Nirai Kanai had moved a few hundred metres forward. A location that had a station between it and the missiles. The station went down in flames, burning bright with the power of their own weapons. The 55th didn’t stick around for clean up. A few fighters wouldn’t be able to do much without a base and support ships.

“55th, 9-9-9. Bug out people. Commence final jump to rendezvous coordinates.”

Major Nathan Gains sat back in his chair. All in all, it was a good day’s work.

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 13:50   #74
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetkiller II
Ship Name: Nirai Kanai

Corvette - c 15000

4 shield mounts
10 turret mounts
10 external mounts
10 additional mounts
1250 tonnes hold

Impulse Drive - c2000
Linear Drive - experimental - c1000
Fusion Drive - c 100 - x 300 energy units

2 x Nova Cannon - Advanced Phaser 4 - 3 Turret Mounts - fires photon and phaser blast in one beam a truly devastating weapon - c 1500

5 x Quantum Torpedoes - c 1000 - 2 shots per mount - long range - the best missiles around a truly devastating missile
5 x Phased Photon - c 1000 - 2 shots to a mount - this is the latest photon Torp - packs more of a punch and can be overloaded to cause more damage
1 x Medium Tau Cannon
4 turret mounts needs 1 separate fusion drive to power medium class weapon when it hits it hits all shields doing damage 1st to the shields sort of a cross between a Borg Photon Torp and an Ion Cannon and an EMP Cannon
cost – 15000c
3 x Tau Missiles
3 to a mount, these babies are the pinnacle of Missile Technology – they are the fastest missile around, have a high degree of accuracy, when they hit they drain ALL shields like the borg photon torp they also have an inbuilt computer that makes them hard to hit as they can avoid enemy fire to try to shoot them down
cost – 9000c

Ablative Armour - explosive armour effective against all weapons - c 5500
Phase Shields - c 6000

Deflector Dish - 1 additional mount or 1 external mount - Enhances the range of all ships sensors by 50% - c 300
Sensor Array - 1 add mount + 1 external mount - these are upgraded ships sensors allows scans of up to 1 light year - c 2000
Phase Scanners - new scanners with 25% more range and 25% more power - takes one additional slot but needs the deflector dish add on to work - c1000
Tractor Beam Mk X - 2 additional slots - this can be used as a weapon or part of point defense or to guide ships and cargo in - this has a short range capacity. again designed by Zappa. - c1500

5 x ‘Black Draconic’ Class Interceptor Striker
1 to a mount
Tau Shielding
X3 Tau Cannon
x6 AFD II
x2 AMD II
Impulse Drive
Hyper Drive
- 4000 each

5 x ‘Drake’ Class Anti Capital Ship Striker
2 to a mount
Heavy Shields
x2 Phaser G
x2 AFD II
x4 Cruise Missile
Impulse Drive
Hyper Drive
- 1100 each

1 additional mount, 2 shield mounts free

100c left

Time: T-Minus 5 Minutes

Major Nathan Gains strode on to the bridge of the Nirai Kanai and took his seat. The Captain’s seat, to be exact. The Nirai Kanai had never had a ‘Captain’ as such, and for as long as Gains could manage it, it would not. The Nirai Kanai was not a navy craft, but an army one. Though to be accurate, the army to which it had belonged to was no longer in the same form. The Nirai Kanai was a command craft of the ACE as-was, and Major Gains led the 55th Mobile ACE Pyrian Brigade, though among the Brigadesmen it was popularly known as the ‘Flying 55th’. Of course, a large portion of the 55th was not on board, still bogged down in fighting on Harrian Beta. It wouldn’t be a problem though, Major Gains trusted Captain Collie to both keep order and to bring the main fighting unit back in one piece. He had confidence in her. This mission wouldn’t require troops anyway. Gains keyed the all-units comm.

“Ops check.”

The squadron leaders reported back in unit code. Well, they were more flights than squadrons, a support team rather than proper combat units. Squadron Chief Farore reported first, since he commanded both the Black Draconic interceptors of Sceptre Group and the Drake bombers.

“Sceptre Group reports status 1-1-1.”

Next was the subdued tones of Squadron Lieutenant Jorson, the introspective and reserved bomber leader.

“Mace Group, 1-1-1.”

Gains’ second in command was the last one to speak, and he was sitting in front of Gains in the ops chair. Brigade Chief Justiman. Gains knew that he and Collie were... involved, but the Chief remained the epitome of professionalism, despite the missing Captain.

“Fighters report green. Missile banks loaded and ready. Jump lattice locked. BattleNet initialised... Tech Sergeant Reynolds says we are ready to micro-jump. Op is 1-1-1.”

“Excellent. Begin op countdown.”

“T-minus 2 minutes Major.”

Major Gains tapped his fingers on the armrest of his chair. For a Brigadesman, there was little worse than space operations. Besides the waiting, there was nothing real, nothing physical and tactile. Just buttons to push to make people die. Gains would put up with it for this mission at least though. His intelligence officer had picked out Border System 142A as a target for the presence of a certain space station. That of the Red Rose Pirates, a menace to both local trade and civilians. There had been seventeen attacks in the past month, none leaving anyone alive. Since ACE wasn’t about any more, the 55th got to do basically what it liked, and Gains was more than happy to do a little void work to rid space of trash like the Red Roses. The counter continued to drop, passing the one minute mark.

“Prepare for Jump 1. Sceptre, Mace, tuck in tight and be ready to come out fighting. We’ve got surprise on our side, but there may be sentries closer in system. I want a smooth strike, in and out.”

“5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Jump!”

As Chief Justiman’s words finished the Nirai Kanai corvette and ten accompanying fighters disappeared from reality for an instant, then reappeared a mere second later. In relative terms it was only a mere hop, outer system ring to inner. The Black Draconics and Drakes scattered on re-entry, as per the plan. The Nirai Kanai on the other hand just sat still. There was not a wink of power to her propulsion drives. The Chief bagan to comment on the situation.

“Target-designate is furballing. Multiple fighter signatures, on the high side, but within expected numbers. I count fourteen reflex missiles too. Looks like they’re going for overkill.”

The Major nodded, unconcerned.

“As expected.”

“As expected sir.”

Gains sighed.

“How did things get so bad that pirates like these got expensive hardware like reflex missiles.”

Justiman replied without taking his eyes from his screen.

“I know, Major, and yet our funds are getting short. We may need to take mercenary jobs soon. Jump 2 in twenty seconds.”

“As long as we can still do our job, mercenary jobs will be fine.”

Justiman finished his countdown two seconds before the missiles would have intersected with the Nirai Kanai. The little ship disappeared again, popping up merely a few hundred metres in front of the station, target designate. The reflex missiles, reacquiring their target from the Nirai Kanai’s IFF transponder looped around and back toward the corvette. The Sceptres and Maces were in full combat now, keeping missiles and fighters off their command ship.

“Jump 3 in twenty five seconds.”

“Open fire, all tubes.”

“Aye, tubes 1 through 13 firing. Mace, begin attack run.”

“Mace acknowledges, 4-2-4 Major.”

As Jorson’s voice on the radio faded, a storm of missiles was let loose from the various vessels. Three shield-draining Tau missiles led the way, with Cruise missiles, Quantum and Phased Photon torpedoes following.

“Is Lieutenant Opek on time?”

“Highly punctual. His pod is being recovered now, patching through.”

“Opek here, blowing charges on Nirai Kanai’s mark.”

Lieutenant Opek, the 55th’s intelligence chief had been despatched a week earlier to infiltrate. It seemed he had been successful. Gains hadn’t really doubted Opek, he always got the job done. Gains didn’t quite know how sometimes, and he suspected he didn’t want to. And now, the stations shields would come down. The unit’s missiles would get through to the unshielded station, but it wouldn’t destroy it, that wasn’t the point.

“Jump 3, go.”

The missile storm blew. So did the charges. The ensuing explosion was plenty to block sensors and sight for the next few seconds. And because of it, the fourteen reflex missiles weren’t bright enough to spot that the Nirai Kanai had moved a few hundred metres forward. A location that had a station between it and the missiles. The station went down in flames, burning bright with the power of their own weapons. The 55th didn’t stick around for clean up. A few fighters wouldn’t be able to do much without a base and support ships.

“55th, 9-9-9. Bug out people. Commence final jump to rendezvous coordinates.”

Major Nathan Gains sat back in his chair. All in all, it was a good day’s work.
ship approved

background is good - bonus points awarded

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 13:51   #75
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidK
Just so you know LH, there's a few more ships on my Elfwood account to look at (one C'raask, one Shraanian)

Working on Gripstar atm :P
ok will have a look

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 15:23   #76
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Rank and Score

Ranks

1 - Lt Commander Acid-K:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

2 - Lt Commander Fluffie:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

3 - Lt Commander Flapjack:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

4 - Lt Commander Inspectre:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

5 - Lt Commander Hewitt:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

6 - Lt Commander Spritley Zombie
Score:
Medals:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

7 - Lt Commander J-Kama-Ka-C
Score:
Medals:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

8 - Lt Commander Dunin Hemm
Score:
Medals:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

9 - Lt Commander Planet Killer
Score:
Medals:
Crew Morale:
Crew Experiance:
Crew Effeciancy:

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 15:35   #77
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

ANKAA

This system is rich in minerals and is known as a source of the rare ship metal COLAPSIUM.

It was one of the main NSC ship yards and the original inhabitants, the Blaradians, were very pro NSC. Now under the control of House Kip, it is the main show off base of Lord Kama, and the site of the new Pirate Academy. It has therefore been kept as neutral ground and the highly advanced shipyards are available to all pirates.

Planets of the Ankaa system:

Ankaa I - Desert - 1 moon - Factory Base
Ankaa II - Barren - Colapsium Mines and Refinery Base
Ankaa III - Barren - Colapsium Mines and Refinery Base
Ankaa IV - Ocean - 2 moons
Ankaa V - Earth Type
Ankaa VI - Giant Earth Type - Pirate Academy
Ankaa VII - Barren Desert - 2 moons
Ankaa VIII - Gas Giant - 3 moons - Shipyards, Jump Gate and Star Fortress
Ankaa IX - Gas Giant - 38 moons
Ankaa X - Gas Giant - 0 moons
Ankaa XI - Ringed Gas Giant - 5 moons earth sized
Ankaa XII - Gas Giant - 15 moons

----------
Factory Base - Fortified Command Base

Barracks
Factory
Anti-Matter Generator

Energy Shields
Ships Shuttle x10
Cargo Tractor Beam x5

----------
Refinery Base - Command Base

Refinery
Anti-Matter Generator

Energy Shields
Assualt Shuttle x2
Ships Shuttle x4
Cargo Tractor Beam x4

----------
Pirate Academy - Starport

Training Facility
Rest and Relaxation Facility
Hospital
Barracks
Canteen

Colapsium Armoured Hull
Meta-Phasic Shielding
4x Anti Matter Generators
Advanced Ships Computer
Deflector Dish
Phase Scanners
Sensor Array
Astrometrichs
Armoury
4x Holodecks
2x Scout Ship MkII
2x Assault Shuttles

----------
Ankaa Star Fortress - Starbase

Command Centre
Computer
Communications
Flight Control
Hangers
Barracks
Living Quarters
Canteen
RnR Facility

Vorlon Shields
Colapsium Armoured Hull x2
Phased Particle Phaser VIII x2
Quantum Torpedo Launcher x10
Galting Laser x20
Lateral Sensor Array
Security Stations
Armoury
Holodeck
Hydroponics Bays x2
Cargo Tractor Beams x2
Tractor Beams Mk10 x4
Anti Matter Generators x10

Fortress Defence Stations - 6x Light Space Station

Energy Shielding
Heavy Armour Plating
Advanced AI Ships Computer
Advanced Tactics Computer
Deflector Dish
Phase Scannners

12x Pulse Phaser (24)
12x Galting Laser (6)
12x Medium Class - Hawk Drones (N/A)

1000 tonnes hold
Fusion Drive

this is where you begin your missions......

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 15:40   #78
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

The Show Off Space Station 09.00 hours

All your ships are docked on the Main Docking Ring and you are in the variouis parts of the station either :-

the bars

the repair yards

or looking around

when you see the Data terminals showing the lastest FREELANCER Missions available......

Credits.... thats whay you need and here is the means to get them....

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 15:44   #79
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Mission 1

ARMS SMUGGLING

Location - Delivere Arms to the warring worlds of ALSARE PRIME - Valmoran Sector
Distance - 20 light years away

Rewards - 10000c

Also possible Trade Link to be set up if succesfful (90% of mission objectives completed)

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 15:45   #80
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Mission 2

ARMED ESCORT

Location - 3 jump points to the ANNDORAS SYSTEM - Rim Territories
Distance - 60 light years (3 x 20 light year jumps)

Reward - 35000c + 10000c mission bonus

To escort 5 Bulk Merchant Vessels delivering foods and medical supplies to the AnnDoras system

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 15:47   #81
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

MISSION 3

GATHER INTEL

Location - Travel to DEVORRAN SPACE
Distance - 125 Light years

To investigate a Devorran world to see if -

a) any Devorran survive
b) recover Devorran Tech
c) are they still a threat
d) can the world be colonised

Rewards - 85000c

well this mission is self explanatory

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 15:49   #82
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

MISSION 4

ARMED ESCORT

Location - Escort Diplomatic Ship to NSR space - the Exclusion Zone, the SPINNER SYSTEM
Distance - 15 light years into the ZONE

Rewards - 80000c

To escort the Diplomatic Cruiser TROTH to the SPINNER SYSTEM

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 15:50   #83
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

MISSION 5

GATHER INTEL

Location - Travel to CHRONO BORG SPACE
Distance - 95 Light years

To investigate a CHRONO BORG world to see if -

a) any CHRONO BORG survive
b) recover CHRONO BORG Tech

Rewards - 95000c

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 15:51   #84
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

MISSION 6

GATHER INTEL

Location - Travel to INSECTID SPACE

To investigate an Insectid world to see if -

a) any Insectid survive
b) recover Insectid Tech

Rewards - 95000c

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 15:52   #85
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

MISSION 7

GATHER INTEL

Location - Travel to A SILVA DEVIL/HELL WORLD - Valmoran Sector

To investigate a SILVA world to see if -

a) any SILVA survive
b) recover SILVA Tech
d) can they be negotiated with

Rewards - 95000c

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 15:55   #86
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

MISSION 8

BOUNTY HUNT

Last Locarion - Rim Territories
Distance - KILAWAYU GAS CLOUD - 65 light years

Capture/Kill - NORDAN DEUS a Pirate Captain who controls 3 ships

GARGAN - Escort Carrier
2 x Police Cruiser Escorts

Speciales in Hit and Run

Reward - 95000c

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 15:56   #87
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

MISSION 9

BOUNTY HUNT

Last Location - Near the FRODAN SYSTEM on the boarders of SHRAAN SPACE
Distance - 100 light years

Capture/Kill - LADY HAWK - a self styled female who is particularrly ruthless and uses KYLTHIUM powerd ships

captains 3 ships

1 x Fast Attack Carrier - THE SCYTHE
2 x Fast Attack Destroyers

Reward - 125000c

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 16:24   #88
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

Mission 8 for me please. I'll post properlly about taking the job later.

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 16:32   #89
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetkiller II
Mission 8 for me please. I'll post properlly about taking the job later.
ok

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 16:40   #90
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Dunin Hemm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
MISSION 3

GATHER INTEL

Location - Travel to DEVORRAN SPACE
Distance - 125 Light years

To investigate a Devorran world to see if -

a) any Devorran survive
b) recover Devorran Tech

Rewards - 85000c

Roxborough wanders down one of the many corridors of the Academy, actually looking for a monitor. Accompanied by three SSS officers, she stumbles across one close to a bar and the company stops to checks it.

"I like the look of that one," she comments and points to one of the intel missions. "Just what our ship is best at: Spying."

"Kind of high risk, don't you think?" asks Nogrochny, a seargant in Beta company. He doesn't sound worried though, neither do the other two officers look it, but he does have a point.

"I'm sure it is," Roxborough replies. "But I haven't got money to pay the crew salary for this month, so if you think any of the others sound better...?"

The men shake their heads Nogrochny slaps her back. "It's you decision," he points out. They all hurry back to the Manticore as quickly as possible, wanting to take off soon, lest they lose the mission to any other freelancers.

Well inside the cramped bridge, Roxborough hails the dock central:

"This is the Manticore asking for take-off clearance," she says, handling the business without screens or any other visual communiciations. "And you can tell the mission planners to have 85 000 C's ready when we're done with mission 3," she points out as data begins processing and the friggatte begins to loosen from the holds of the Academy.

"Sure, whatever," is te reply from te speakers. "You're clear for take-off, Manticore. Good luck."

As the impulse drive brings the Manticore farther and farther away from the Academy, Roxborough says to the pilots: "Okay: Start up a hole leading to Devorran space. No use wasting time."

Last edited by Dunin Hemm; 4 Sep 2005 at 18:34.
Dunin Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 16:45   #91
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

ooc: I'll be different for once and take the easiest mission this time... No 1 for me.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 17:40   #92
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Heavy bulk cruiser Wanderer, Main briefing room...

EO: "So I take it us all being called in here means we got our next gig?"

SO: "Either that, or we are all about to be laid off because the captain can't afford us anymore."

WO: "Heh. Yeah, right. Like the cap wouldn't be able to find any jobs going inside this gigantic den of thieves. Even you could stumble across someone needy around here..."

SO: "And what exactly is THAT supposed to mean Mr 'I couldn't even locate my own ass to wipe it clean after three shots' hmm?"

WO: "Hey! I thought I already explained that it was the fault of that stupid-"

EO: Shh! Here comes the cap now...

*Hewitt strolled into briefing room and without saying a word immediately began handing out datapads to each of his senior staff sitting in the briefing room. Engineering officer Scott Thomas scratched the nose on his lanky face as he briefly looked at the information scroll past, leaving behind an unnoticed smudge mark. Abby Clark, in charge of both ships communications and sensors stared at the datapad intensely as she tried to absorb the information as swiftly as possible... then laid the pad down a few moments later when she had. Jack Harris, ships weapon officer, immediately flipped the pad over a few times absent-mindedly and then discarded the datapad as he turned to wait for the captain to give him the actual relevant info. Further to the back of the room helmsman Jim Adams could only be seen by the light of the burning cigerette hanging loosely from his left hand as he talked quietly with the ships marine officer, Paul Andrews. Neither ended the private conversation as Hewitt walked pass and handed over the datapads.*

*Hewitt himself had still not uttered a word by the time he had returned to the front of the room. However, once he got there all eyes were on him. Everyone here knew the routine by now... the captain remained standing as he finally began to speak.*

Hewitt: "I've gotten us a nice, quiet shakedown cruise well clear of any CSC or NSR influence - we're headed for the Valmoran Sector."

WO: "Aww man. That place is a shithole."

Hewitt: "The job is simple gun running. Basically we are being paid to deliver arms to a number of warring factions of Alsar, I mean Aslare Prime. Shouldn't be much of a hassle, but it is the Badlands so we'll need to be on our toes and be sure we don't hang around in one space for too long. Any questions?"

Helm: "Yeah... know any good brothels in those parts?"

*muffled laughter*

SO: *Not amused* "I believe what our incredibly uncooth friend means captain is have you been to this part of space before...."

WO: "I think he knew that darlin'..."

SO: "And how would you know? Read minds now can we?"

WO: "Well if I'm reading yours correctly, right now you could do with some real good l-"

Hewitt: "IF we could all stay focused here please."

WO: "Sorry cap."

SO: "Appologises captain."

Hewitt: "And to answer the earlier question, no. I haven't been to this sector before... any other questions?"

EO: "When we leavin'?"

Hewitt: "As soon as we are ready. Anyone else?...no? Ok then. The information's before you, you all know what to do. Briefing dismissed."

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 20:00   #93
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm . . . don't recall having ever tangled with the Insectids. I think I'll give them a go - Mission 7 for me please (or possibly Mission 4 if I decide against Mission 7).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 20:18   #94
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

I'll go for mission 4, expect a proper post soon(ish)

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 20:57   #95
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
ooc: I'll be different for once and take the easiest mission this time... No 1 for me.
Oddly enough LH hasn't posted any danger ratings on the missions this time, this would seem to suggest that severity is determined after players choose, based on who's looking to get off easy and DM torture licensing. That is to say, there is no easy mission, the end is niiigh, we are all doomed, starting with me for suggesting it... So on that note:

*Lt. Commander Kama leaves word with the mission board that his (very shiny) research vessel is available for any intel tasks should the other freelancers desire some company on the mission

[One point that worries me - aren't Devorrans (Mission #3) esscentially just more recent adaptations of the Chrono Borg (Mission #5), that said why are the less advanced (read: younger) group more rewarding mission, relative to less old (read: more advanced) version's last known hunting grounds... fripping time travellers, heh. We're all doomed I tell you!]
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 21:55   #96
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

number nine for me (for obvious reasons). Will post soon
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 22:17   #97
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Cid was resting in a bar, swigging on what he hoped was a beer (regardless of the mist pouring from it like dry ice). He was still angry with his demotion, from a respectable Sector Commander to Lt. Commander was an insult, however it was not without reason. Cid's resolve was legendary within the Shraan Sectors, making him a notorious character indeed. However, as Cid quickly found out, notoriety can also be a bad thing.

Cid had reclaimed many planets within the Shraan Sectors and had spent many years stopping all non-Shraan craft from entering the sectors due to the strange Shraan laws and the risks that were around the sector. He knew about the dangers of the Shraan Sectors, being the one whom claimed almost half of it for the Shraanian Remnant and encountered the old C'raask.

However his deeds were brushed aside and forgotten when his rank, along with his funds, were stripped away. If that was not bad enough, his closest friend and old Number One, Julio Heidegan, recently retired from Cid's command to help his family within a farm. He sat in the bar with his new Number One, a Demai that had once been the Helmsman aboard the Liovanda and was, until recently, the Helmsman aboard the new Fleet Carrier, Gripstar.

The Demai, as Cid knew, were small cat-like beings that have been a part of the Shraanian Empire almost since it begun claiming worlds and planets for their fight against the C'raask. They were crystal-loving critters whom beleived that technology cannot be without crystals and cromed metals (therefor they built their entire colonies with the stuff and nothing else).

Cid: What I would do for a way back into proper Shraan leadership...
No1: Hey, we all are on the same level, sir. We all have lost our respect to the Remnant...
Cid: I did as ordered, I helped claim the key planets that rule the Remnant today and it was me that got Shraan it's Kylithium Technology back...
No1: Well, at least we were able to get some for the Gripstar. How you managed to scrape the creds for that I do not know.
Cid: -Smiling- That was the easy part, getting the old crew back as well as additional support was a different matter.

Cid then noticed that his Personal Messaging CommLink (PMCL) was bleeping, meanign that the Gripstar had a message for him. Cid smiled further as he picked up the PMCL and read the message. His Number One watched as his smiled faded slowly, turning from smile to frown in what seemed to be a full minute. Cid carefully placed the PMCL back into it's socket, gulped the rest of the beer down before standing up. His Number One also stood up, but due to the fact that the Demai were only three feet in size it did not make the expected result.

Cid: We have work, there is a bounty on a certain lady and, as luck would have it, near the Shraan Sector Borders.
No1: So you are gunna kill a pirate near our borders?
Cid: No, I prefer to capture. Besides, we need a proper sized fleet after all.

With that Cid marched towards the shuttlebays, knowing that the shuttle bound for the Gripstar must be there somewhere. He knew the ship would not fly straight away, instead he got his Number One to search for any help that may do the same mission with him.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 22:55   #98
flapjack
crashed computer

ooc/ Okay, change that to mission 9 /ooc

Flapjack wandered around the mission boards, glancing at his datapad every once in a while. Mission 4 looked good, little risk, diplomatic mission, probably nothing more then a few pirates to worry about. Just as he was about to accept the mission however, a small cat-like thing caught his eye. He'd heard of these things, 'Demai', from a merchant who had managed to get a trading permit for Shraanian space, bringing in food and luxury goods to a planet inhabited primarily by these creatures, and returning with loads of crystals. Walking over to the creature, he examined it from a short distance, hoping not to be spotted quite yet and pretending to be intrigued by something on his datapad.

Overhearing the creature as it seemed to be asking for support, Flapjack grabbed his datapad and checked the mission. Expensive, but dangerous, Quickly tapping the pad a few times to change from mission 4 to mission 9 and tapping the accept button, then walking over to the Demai.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're working for a certain 'Cid', am I correct? Tell your captain he'll be having me for company, provided he doesn't mind."

Handing over a datapad with the base statistics of his ship, as well as the frequency and code for a secure comm channel, Flapjack headed back towards the docking bay, tapping a button on his datapad and thus opening a comm signal to the Phoenix Rising.

"Flapjack to Phoenix Rising, prepare the ship for disembarkation. Make sure we have all the supplies we need, we'll be going hunting."

No1: "Yes sir, just get back here before I'm done, you know how everyone hates to wait."

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 23:45   #99
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Cid had only been in his quarters for a few minutes before the communications setup suddenly blinked to life. Cid had made a few strict requirements for his ships ever since he gained his first cruiser, the Amodyte, making sure each ship he went aboard was equiped with holodeck technology. Cid had to get many experts to fiddle with the device a certain amount of time until he had a working holographic communications device. Cid made sure that the communications hologram was never like real life, otherwise he would not know if people were really there.

This time a holographic projection image of his Number One appeared, Cid having to lean forward from his desk and peer over the Kylithium Crystal he used for decoration (kept in a concealed case) just to see him.

Cid: What is it Gillia?
No1: Sir, I have some news on the support listings. It appears that a certain Lt. Commander Flapjack wishes to join us on our crusade. If I may point out, sir, he also gave much interest on me and attempted to hide it. He also gave me a code for secure channel to his vessel, the Pheonix Rising.
Cid: Excellent, pass the codes through securely and return to the ship. If anymore support arrives, we can monitor it from the Gripstar
No1: As you wish, sir.

Cid smiled as the codes for secure channel appeared on a monitor to one side (evidentally his left side as his right electronic eye would not keep up with the screen). He stood up slowly and marched towards the bridge, regretting it later as it was quite a walk and past a few elevators. When he finally did arrive at the bridge he noticed Gilia, his Number One, had already beat him there. Cid always wondered about the Demai race's sudden movements and speed, being as cat-like as they looked like.

Cid: Open a secure communications channel to the Pheonix Rising.
CO: Yes sir.

Cid straightened up and waited for the hail to be received before he talked in his robust, Shraanian accent.

Cid: This is Lt. Commander Cid Killer of the Shraanian Space Vessel Gripstar, I beleive you are taking the same mission as us and was wishing to make a small deal. The Shraanian Remnant's interests are of those capturing those ships and the capture of a living captain Lady Hawk. Kylithium is of short supply, a Kylithium ship outside of our command is even rarer.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 00:09   #100
flapjack
crashed computer

Flapjack: "I understand this kylithium is rather powerfull, my ship isn't particularly powerfull and yours isn't built for a head-on fight either. May I suggest we apply hit and run, or long-ranged, tactics? Regardless, the report mentions 3 ships, 2 of those destroyers. My tactical officer tells me that a few direct hits to the bridge of those ships will most likely render them fairly harmless. I hope you don't mind having to tow 2 of those ships back home?"