User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 31 Jan 2005, 15:00   #101
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough
Re: Refuge for Rookies

Brimstone continued drifting through space, staring at his sensor screen. Having checked 4 gravity wells so far with no luck, he continued on his way to the 5th one, considering giving up on the count of being especially lazy.

As he drew closer to the well, his sensor readings started going haywire. Curious as to what the hell was going on, he drew yet closer to take some more detailed scans, when Hewitts space-tank exploded into the scene in a shower of sparks, bangs and explosions, as it dropped from several times the speed of light to sub light speed.

Panicking heavily, Brimstone hits one of the big red buttons marked "evasive manauvers" whereby the ships computer checks the sensors, and runs away from anything bigger than 3 molecules wide.

Then, to add to the confusion, a Planetoid class super-battleship appears out of nowhere, which Hewitts ship unceremoniously, and very ungracefully lands on with a loud thud with a million to one chance on the main landing deck.

Brimstone deciding he needed to regather his nerves (and a chage of underwear) approaches the ship, and lands on in the next bay to hewitts ship. Realising he was not technically invited, he dispatches a short signal to the ship, requesting landing permission.

"Requesting permission to stay docked on this 'ere big ship please." says Brimstone over the comms, and awaits a reply before turning off the cloaking and jamming systems.

Brimstone
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 17:37   #102
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick is on a distinguished road

Slick walked into a large hangar which was holding his ship, fully repaired with upgrades. Slick walked up the ramp and gets inside, where it is gleaming inside. Now having repair nanobots, he can fix even a large problem reletively quickly. Slick started up the engines and moved away from the orbit of the moon he crashed on.

Entering hyperspace, he looked for the hyperspace sig of the ship that took him down. On his scanners he picks up the ship about 3 mins away. He sets his cloak on and activates his sheilds. Exiting hyperspace, he notices Hewitts ship. He sets his Weapons to max as he targets Brimstones ship, just before he enters the docking bay, he attacks his ship making it almost irreperable. He then Comms Hewitt

Comms: Hewitt, sorry about the mess, but he's a pirate.... See ya!

Slick then hyperspaces out of the area on search of the key for AcidK

You're just jealous coz the voices are talking to me!

Rimmer: Step Up To Red Alet!
Kryten: Are You Sure Sir, It Does Mean Changing The Bulb!

Death to the deamoness Allegra Gellar!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 17:58   #103
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

ooc:

*Hewitt responses to slick with one of his trademark witty comebacks.*

"Eh?"

*Hewitt then notices a rather loud series of noises coming from a large hanger door. Curious, he goes up to the nearby control panel and using his technical know how manages to open the door by pulling a big switch down into the labelled 'open' position. Hewitt spots Brimstone's ship as it is revealled to him.*

"Hey guys! We've got another ship over here! Not one of yours is it Flappy?"

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 21:10   #104
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
Brimstone continued drifting through space, staring at his sensor screen. Having checked 4 gravity wells so far with no luck, he continued on his way to the 5th one, considering giving up on the count of being especially lazy.

As he drew closer to the well, his sensor readings started going haywire. Curious as to what the hell was going on, he drew yet closer to take some more detailed scans, when Hewitts space-tank exploded into the scene in a shower of sparks, bangs and explosions, as it dropped from several times the speed of light to sub light speed.

Panicking heavily, Brimstone hits one of the big red buttons marked "evasive manauvers" whereby the ships computer checks the sensors, and runs away from anything bigger than 3 molecules wide.

Then, to add to the confusion, a Planetoid class super-battleship appears out of nowhere, which Hewitts ship unceremoniously, and very ungracefully lands on with a loud thud with a million to one chance on the main landing deck.

Brimstone deciding he needed to regather his nerves (and a chage of underwear) approaches the ship, and lands on in the next bay to hewitts ship. Realising he was not technically invited, he dispatches a short signal to the ship, requesting landing permission.

"Requesting permission to stay docked on this 'ere big ship please." says Brimstone over the comms, and awaits a reply before turning off the cloaking and jamming systems.

Brimstone
ooc/ I'll be nice to note that the Planetoid class super-battleship was the object causing the gravwell, you'll also find the ship's security system has only 2 modes (on and off) it's currently in the 'off' mode, as Hewitts spacetank proves /ooc

*Flapjack peered over into the other bay in amazement as Brimstone's ship is almost instantly covered in repair bots, the heavily damaged parts improving visibly as the bots send streams of nano-bots into them*

"Most definately not, ship internal scanners indicate 1 passenger aboard, I'm just wondering how damned big that guy's luck was, 10 millisecond later on his docking attempt and he would have been spread across the ship's shields, which reminds me, I have a ship to shoot at!. Computer, site to site transport, all humanoids and the psycher marked as 'Acidk' to the bridge, remember to drop me in my command chair this time!"

*A few moments later a solid beep sounds through the room and the computer replies with a nice aknowledgement, an aknowledgement noone was able to hear though as the world simultaneously turned white and black, an intense feeling of being ripped from limb to limb passing through those targeted by the transporter as they where shredded by nano-bots, converted into pure energy and transported across the ship's primary data conduits as binary data, where upon arrival they where almost instantly rebuilt by nano-transmitter and special circuits in the floor*

"I wonder why I didn't just do that straight away, oh ofcourse, I wanted to go easy on you guys. Computer, battle mode, trace last external contact and set hyperspace intersection course."

*Again the 'BEEP' sounded through the room, this time followed by a pleasant, female, computer voice*

Computer: "Aknowledged, tracking target course, course tracked, plotting intercept course. Beware, all crew standby for slipstream entry."

*Another moment later a roaring sound could be heard throughout the ship as the slipstream drives rapidly skipped through their charge and check phases and a controlled slipstream tear formed in front of the ship, sucking it in and throwing it from 0 to several millions of times the speed of light in a matter of moments*

"Battlestations, Hewitt, could you take the helm, Acidk take Tactical."

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2005, 00:20   #105
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

*AcidK blinks to the tactical desks and automatically begins his checkup over the area.*

No visibly harmful debris nor objects within our imidiate flightpath, but I am still unaware as to our targetted desination and would rather like to know beforehand as to make adjustments to the flightpath co-ordinates.

*AcidK looked up at Flapjack and raised an eyebrow.*

Seeing as you are looking for my key, I do beleive the destinationary desicion is to be left to you...
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2005, 13:04   #106
flapjack
crashed computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
Brimstone rolls out of a rapidly closing hole in his ship, which is absolutely swarming with little repair bots making faint 'beep bloop blop' sounds, and swears loudly.

"That %&£(*% git. I'd just had the new paintjob added." is all that can be descerned from his profain ramblings.

Finally, once Brimstone has finished his rant, he heads towards the hangar door that somebody carelessly left open. Heading through it, he sees the hulk that is Hewitts ship, which now is largely back together and goo-free.

Brimstone heads towards a door he deems as promising as an exit, only to discover one of those janitorial cupboards full of random mops, buckets, and brushes, and miscelaneous pots of paint on high, unsafe looking shelves, awaiting just such a poor person as Brimstone to fall out of loudly and messily. It happens, and Brimstone emerges from the cupboard as a mixture of flourescent pink, luminous yellow, and bright Red.

"%&*$£* " exclaims Brimstone. "Where the bugger is the damn exit."

Brimstone spots on a nearby wall a panel with a small screen and a grill next to it, along with a few buttons. Brimstone slopes, slightly stiffly as the paint is drying fast towards the panel, pokes a few buttons, and yells "HHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOO!!!!! ANYBODY HOME???"

Brimstone
ooc/ perhaps read my post properly? Especially little bit where I say this: Computer, site to site transport, all humanoids and the psycher marked as 'Acidk' to the bridge /ooc

"Well, you'll find that I have no idea whatsoever as to where we're headed, I can tell you that Slick will be there and that I intend to shoot him down for leaving us in hyperspace, or in fact, you'll do the shooting down like you were trying before, I think you'll find the weaponry on this ship is slightly more... Advanced then what we had on the tank."

Unread 1 Feb 2005, 14:25   #107
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

ooc/ Deleted post, he's the 2nd attempt /ooc

"Where is that %&^£*% git that £&*%* shot up my ship, and where is the nearest, biggest messiest weapon i can ^&%^$*% blow him into tiny unidentifiable pieces with?" Proclaims Brimstone loudly in FJ's direction, while swatting off a couple of leftover Repair bots that were trying to repair the holes in his jacket, that were in fact the pockets.

"Nice ship you got here, who'd you steal it off of?" adds Brimstone once he'd calmed down a little bit, with a little help from a hip flask containing something alcoholic that could strip the paint from the bulkheads, and never seems to empty.

Brimstone
Unread 1 Feb 2005, 15:04   #108
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK stood up and turned to Brimstone. AcidK stood a full 8' in height right now, his normal and unslouching size, and looked down at Brimstone.*

Looks like we have a joker in our midst...

*AcidK clentched his gaunleted fist, the sound of metal straping metal screached and echoed around the room.*

The weapons are my job and task to use, I think you will find that this ship is of FJ's design and construction, although it does look like it's been unmanned for sometime.

*AcidK turns and sits, watching the scanners.*

Ha! I think you will find, Flapjack, that Slick will be stopped suddenly by a very large fleet, to which I am currently making co-ordinates to avoid. We've stumbled into Shraanian space, it looks like Slick thought my key would be somewhere around here. It would be the most logical place to start...
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 1 Feb 2005, 17:32   #109
flapjack
crashed computer

*Flapjack turned to Brimstone right as a rather large lady appeared behind him, wielding what appeared to be a large block of concrete and somehow being semi-transparent*

AI: "Steal? Steal? You dare say my best friend and commander STOLE something!"

*Upon which the lady brought the piece of concrete down in a rather clumsy manner, hitting Brimstone dead-on but somehow passing right through him, the hologram then proceeded to blush slightly before turning Acidk*

"I think you'll find the Shraanian fleet is already aware of our presence, there are 3 cruiser class ships presently attempting to give chase and I'm detecting 2 more ships in our path, oh and I've token the curtosy of charging the primary and heavy weapons as well as preparing the shields, should I also drop a gravwell beacon to throw those cruisers off?"

Unread 1 Feb 2005, 18:53   #110
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

*With no hesitiation what-so-ever, Hewitt virtually leaps with glee into the main helmsmans seat and hurriedly begins fastening a number of straps over himself.*

"Oooo... look at all them pretty buttons... this should prove most entertaining."

*Hewitt looks back with a grin on his face which suddenly goes blank when he spots Brimstone pull out his hip flask. A single word crosses Hewitt's mind.*

Boozohol!

"Hey... erm, you! Do you think you could be a real mate and like give us a small swig of whatever it is you've got there? Please?"

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 1 Feb 2005, 20:34   #111
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK looks up at his scanners and sighes.*

Damned upgraded vessels, they look like Demai Interception Cruisers, they certainly move like them... Accompanied by slower but more powerful Paladin-Class Cruisers, definatly a Demai section of Shraan. We keep our co-ordinates and throw them off, it would be pointless trying to shoot them down, it would only cause a real large fleet to suddenly come our way. Ever since the end of the C'raask, fleets have become rather annoyingly efficient.

*AcidK turns to Flapjack and smiles a little and then to the AI Hologram.*

However, I do beleive I can stop them following us. With your permission, I could send out the standard beacon that could pass us off as a Shraanian Scouting vessel that has urgent and with the mark of Top Secret.

*AcidK raises a hand and the centre was glowing with the AI around the wrist.*

All stored here and found only in a few select and elite vessels...
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 1 Feb 2005, 22:11   #112
flapjack
crashed computer

*Flapjacked swiveled his chair over to face Acidk*

"A scout ship with a displacement of more then 1 billion metric tonnes? Enough weaponry to destroy a small solar system? And a generator powerfull enough to run half of Shraan? Actaully, nevermind the last 1, if we would try that the generator would prolly fail. You can try, but in the meanwhile. Trish, you can ready that gravwell beacon, launcher 5 aft should be empty if I recall correctly. I doubt they'll be able to follow us for quite some time if we hit them with a class 12 gravwell, about the equivalent of a white dwarf star."

Unread 1 Feb 2005, 23:08   #113
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK smiled and shook his head.*

Clearly you haven't met some of the scout battlestar ships that were used during the C'raask wars... Hold up...

*AcidK began scanning his monitors and looked up towards the forward veiwscreen and frowned.*

Looks like they've become efficiant as well as, Three more ships are on an intercept course ahead of us, one for each usable escape routes. Strange, usually they would have sent an Armada after the ship as soon as it was spotted, and the three on intercept are only of frigate size. We can easily bypass them, I wont allow them to be ran through.

*AcidK began working carefully and thoughtfull, before looking up and frowning again.*

We will need a very, very good reason to get out of this one. They will keep tracking us with planetory and stationed sensors within the Shraan Borderlands. It will be a good four hours before we are out of their tracking ranges, and then it will be a case of flying outside of sensor locations.

*AcidK opened his palm and a map suddenly appeared, almost holographic but played by a mind rather than a computer projection unit. It showed a red zone, a green zone and many red spheres withinn the green zone. A small white spec was flashing within the edges of the red zone.*

The white dot is us, within the red zones are not only sensors, but large vessels trained to intercept anything that tries to enter that green zone due to this sector's fear of a hidden C'raask threat within the area. I can easily plot a course around the green zones, but some move as they are coming from Battlestars and mobile HQ Stations.

*Many yellow dots appeared, almost engulfing the red zone and scattered around in the green zone.*

And these are the scouting vessels, the patrolling fleets and Armada's. One scare and you have each of these yellow dots approaching guessed co-ordinates until we are in their scanning range, to which we are in right now. If we do use a gravwell, you can be sure we will be stopped within a good ten minutes, surrounded by very-well organised and armed ships, my ships at that.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 11:23   #114
flapjack
crashed computer

"And a more interesting question, how exactly do they intend to pull an earth moon sized object out of slipstream? This thing has gotten well within the event horizon of a couple of singularities and still manage to break out. I have to add that last singularity managed to keep a part of my ship, but it's just that a gravwell wouldn't budge us, putting something directly across our path wouldn't help either, unless it was in subspace and I think you know the rule about big things and stopping. Not only that, but Slick is taking a course close to this 1, so perhaps that's why there's no big armada? According to their sensors we prolly have the displacement of your average comet, with a subspace signature big enough to fit a small planet."

*In the background Trish moved over to 1 of the undefined stations and tapped a few controls, almost immediatly the ship began to visibly phase between real space and a whole load of other dimensions*

Trish: "Phase cloak anybody?"

Unread 2 Feb 2005, 14:53   #115
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone wakes up from the dreamland he'd momentarily drifted off to, and spots the activity in the bridge.

"Hey, whats going on here?" asks Brimstone sitting down in a chair marked engineering, which was in front of a large panel with many buttons, screens, lights, dials and other such niceties.

Well if you wont give me a big gun to shoot the git, give me something to do at least. Oh, and here you go Hewitt." Says Brimstone as he fishes out his hip flask and lobs it in Hewitts direction. "Try to catch, the flask is indestructable, but the paint on it isn't. And dont drink all of it!"

Suddenly the view on the ship starts to shift as it morphs in and out of phase with space. "Remind me to lay off the baccy, This is psycho." Brimstone pulls out a cigar from a random pocket, lights it and perches it precariously in his mouth.

"Either shoot something, get this thing moving, or send up the beverages and we'll throw a party. And where we going again?"
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 15:21   #116
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

*Hewitt reaches out with one hand and catches the flying flask.*

"Cheers!"

*Takes a decent swig of whatever noxious concoction is contained within then lobs the flask back at Brimstone, coughing slightly.*

"Damn *cough!* that's some good shit you've got there..."

*Hewitt catches some of the exchange between Flapjack and Acidk.*

"Hey! You want my advice, I suggest you get AK to contact them peeps and tell them we are hunting a rogue element that's invaded their space. Hell, we might even get a few of them to help us especially if, as Acidk says, they are his ships then it's highly likely they will listen to him... right AK?"

*Looks intently at Acidk.*

"Otherwise, well... I guess we can just go with Brimstone's idea and just throw a big party. I'm always up for that. "

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 19:21   #117
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

On answer to you, Brimstone, we are moving... very bloody fast. Faster than, as I might add, a comet. There are more ways to stop a ship than gravwells, especially when it is Demai vessels we are talking about. They are very particular with time/space technology. Freezing us in time and then asking questions are their specialty. Besides, I've known larger vessels than this stop instantly in space.

*AcidK looked at Hewitt now and nodded.*

Thank you for bringing up my intentions. A size of a vessel means nothing, the power of a vessel means little. The technology behind that power is what it is all about. Hell, I could even get a good deal and upgrade a few ship systems on this vessel, like weapons and engine power enhancements.

*AcidK stood up and walked to the zone map that was still there and then pointed at a very big yellow dot.*

Gatekeeper vessels are very hard to avoid. The larger the ship, the better it is broken. And a Gatekeeper outsizes this vessel because it more or less is a mobile planet used to stop things like this ship. And it is suddenly now on our path. It may not be an armada, but it is a moving dommsday weapon that I helped design. SRV Darkbud Gatekeeper, if I am not mistaken...

*AcidK turned around and, without permission, opened his palm and placed it on a communications console, instantly transferring a message, cyphered in very complex techniques as well as being in Demai language, a very hard form of communication.*

We will have to stop for a little while, however, because there really is not any rush that I can see. Besides, they might throw a party.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 19:27   #118
flapjack
crashed computer

"Normally, I'd say we press on, but if there's a ship bigger then this planning to stop us, Hewitt, see that little flashing red button in the top right of the console? Hit it will you?"

As Flapjack said this he quickly secured his seatbelt, while in the background Trish's holoprojection flickered out and a low humming noise became apparent, to Brimstone the power indicators on the inertia dampeners jumped to 150%

Unread 3 Feb 2005, 14:18   #119
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK, at this point, finished the message and then stood in place, his psychic aura suddenly bursting into place as he began to slowly rise his arms. The ship suddenly shook violently, as an invisible hand the size of the ship was suddenly there and helpibng the ship to slow down faster.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 22:39   #120
flapjack
crashed computer

ooc/note: Slowing down hasn't quite started yet, but we'll start stopping REALLY fast when Hewitt hits that button. You know about me and the hyper-interceptor with its hyper-accelerators, right? Well, this ship has them as well, but they're slightly less instant then the interceptor's and the inertia dampeners are a lot more capable of handling them, so your hand isn't gonna do a whole lot of helping, I'm more concerned with those Shraan ships stopping in time, I've already got a couple of craters in the hull and I don't feel like adding a couple more /ooc

Unread 4 Feb 2005, 07:37   #121
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
"Normally, I'd say we press on, but if there's a ship bigger then this planning to stop us, Hewitt, see that little flashing red button in the top right of the console? Hit it will you?"
*Hewitt raises an eyebrow.*

"Need I ask what it does? Heh."

*Hewitt tightens his already tight restraints then with as much gusto as possible hits the little flashing red button.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 08:34   #122
flapjack
crashed computer

*Upon which a loud cracking noise comes alive throughout the ship, followed a few moments later by a distinct rumbling, a few moments after that the hyper-accelerators kicked into full gear, the ship acting as if someone had thrown the anchors out (and the anchors actaully had something to anchor into...), violently warping and wrenching as it was pulled from slipstream and slowed down from several hundred lightyears per hour to a complete stop, every loose object on the ship being crushed on the first availble bulkhead*

"Okay, now, let's check where we are."

*With that, Flapjack began undoing his restraints, while 1 of the side doors opened up and revealed more dust then the average house hold gathers in 10 years time, a small sign indicating this was the 'captain's ready room'*

"hmm, so that's where the cleaning bots left all that dust..."

Unread 5 Feb 2005, 17:32   #123
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK, whom was not restrained at the time of stop, begins to peal himself off of the forward veiwscreen, a large vessel that was now looming over Flapjack's ship began to become visible behind what was was currently AcidK. He gathered himself together and morphed back into shape, the sound of crushing and clicking bones was heard as he began to morph solid muscles and bones back into himself and to stand at his usual 8 feet of height, which was at this point a lengh as he lay on the floor, eyes wide open and pale, indicating pure fright.*

Next time, give me a nudge when you place dampers on...

*AcidK stands up, shaking a little as his muscles begin to reform back, the nerves inside long gone and not used to being turned into mush twice within a day. He turned around and peered out of the veiwscreen.*

Yup, definatly the Darkbud Gatekeeper, one of my royal guard during my time. They've launched Rippers and Swarm Hive Bombers, but they're taking up scouting and patrol positions... oh, and there's a lot of them setting up in a formation, like a parade of assault and defensive fighting craft.

*AcidK turned around and looked at communications.*

I installed a translation software into the communications array, at least we can understand them. Shraanian language has been constantly changing ever since we met the Demai a good millenium ago. Now it's a mixture of Demai and common language. Quite confusing, really.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 5 Feb 2005, 17:54   #124
flapjack
crashed computer

"Comms, open a channel, tactical, charge the shield emitter and bring reactors to full power, helm, reiniatilize the slipstream drive and calibrate it, if we have to make a run for it, I wanna be able to actaully do so."

In the background Trish had appaered already, slightly snickering as she looked over to the small comms station.

Trish: "Hey boss, if you wanna have comms open a channel, wouldn't you actaully need a comms officer?"

At which point Flapjack looked over to the comm station, finding it empty, then quickly tapped on his personal terminal, opening a comm link to all ships in the vicinity

"This is the Flapjack industries Indepent Planetoid class super-battleship Planetoid, we are currently in pursuit of a pirate vessel and would like to request permission to pass through Shraanian space."

Unread 5 Feb 2005, 19:35   #125
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK sighes and sat down carefully, watching the fleet infront of him suddenly disappear from the scanners. He listened to the other captain's reply.*

This is Commander Typos of the Shraanian Remnant Vessel, Gatekeeper-Class Darkbud Gaterkeeper. We have turned on cloaks and are beginning to board. We request your co-operation, Captain Flapjack. No harm will come to you or your ship. You will be granted an escort to assist you through our space, however we do request that we inspect the one whom claims to be his royal highness, AcidK.

*AcidK turned to FJ and grinned.*

Didn't I tell you I was still the Overall Emperor here?

*AcidK smiled and turned back to his screens, fiddling a few buttons and a few signatures appeared on the screens.*

They're using Illusion technology to trick us on the fighter locations. They're boarding now with people that know me in and out. Psychics, of one type or another, some of them old students from before the Academy... We'll be given the pass within the next hour or so. It's best just to relax now.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 5 Feb 2005, 21:06   #126
flapjack
crashed computer

Flapjack turned to Acidk, at around the same time several alarms went off and the computer's rather bland voice came over the speakers: "Beware, intruders detected in docking bays 1 through 8, emergency procedures have been activated, all personall prepare to repel boarders, attack bots deployed."

Trish: "Uhoh, looks like they're in already. You know the drill boss, we can turn the alarm and the lockdown off from here, but the bots require a local override."

By the time Trish finished speaking however, there was a bright blue flash in the commander's seat, a few moments later Flapjack was gone, the 1k-t Datacraal with Myst however hovered directly in front of the seat, turning to face Acidk and then flying over.

Trish: "Okay... Guess he didn't want to keep me waiting, I hate it when he does that, anyways, overriding security protocols, reengaging atmospheric forcefields, oh, look there, the first few attack bots are off already."

Myst: "Flapjack wanted you to know, that you should tell those morons of a psychers not to board a ship like that, if they'd asked nicely they would have been brought in normally and these damned bots wouldn't have been around in the first place, he also told me to tell him whatever you guys say up here."

Unread 6 Feb 2005, 03:30   #127
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK placed his head into his gauntletted hand and sighed.*

We are in Shraan Space now. There laws are very strict and... lets just say awkward.

*AcidK looked up and frowned.*

Myst, you're an AAI, can't you override the bot programming to identify them as friendly? If not, then you can sure as hell say hello to another crater in this ship. Psychers from Shraan tend to be... well, lets just say they sometimes overrate me in the psychic power divisions of things...
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 11:06   #128
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

*Hewitt too, facepalms.*

"And he asked why I didn't trust AI ffs..."

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 13:45   #129
flapjack
crashed computer

Myst: "I could easily override the bots, I have full command authority over them. Unfortunately we decided to remove all remote access systems, to keep the bots from being subverted by enemy troops, which is why Flapjack is now teleporting across the ship like nuts. I was nice and set up the security forcefields directly around the boarding ships, they won't be able to get out, but at least the security bots won't be able to get in either. In fact, I can already drop the forcefields in bay 1."

Trish: "They're lucky kids, the last guy who tried to board me... Well... He didn't live to tell the tale, the docking bay defense systems went online the moment they hit the atmospheric forcefields."

Unread 7 Feb 2005, 00:24   #130
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK looked up at Trish and smirked a little.*

They are lucky, I can already tell that. But these are no mere kids, however young they seem to look. They're royal guards, most of them, two of which are... ahem... part of my family. I already sense an... 'emptiness' in the area, that means Hentrpis, and a suddenly bright aura near him, most certainly my grand-daughter keeping him in check.

*AcidK wondered if the mention of his once-insane brother, to whom had almost collapsed this dimension on several occassions, actually worried people here. Not many people outside of Shraan realise his truth, same as people hardly realise AcidK's own darker self.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 16:27   #131
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

"Dear god, you have children AcidK?" shudders Brimstone. "I'd hate to think what the Births must have been like..." Brimstone shudders again.
"Damn imagination."

Brimstone sits patiently, in the quiet (well, mostly) Bridge, the sound of random beeps of various consoles eminating ominously. Brimstone wonders over to the Comms station, and takes a look. Whoever had last used the station had sent a ship-wide message out, and Brimstone, feeling the boredom, decides to fiddle with a few things.

"AcidK, Hewitt, any requests?" asks Brimstone, donning a pair of earphones round his neck, and feeds a music player through the Comms system, tapping into both Brimstones ship and Hewitts ship for its source.

"Why do i get a rather strong feeling that trouble just landed, and is shortly to be escorted patiently towards us?" Says Brimstone, wishing he was heavily armed, and looking around inconspicuously for some evidence of an arms locker.
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 19:30   #132
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Mainly because that is what we are trying to find? Or maybe not.

*AcidK stood up and stretched, the sounds of old bones clicking was clearly heard.*

And on answer to your last question, I was not always dead, no matter how many years I have lived and walked along the thin stretch of longetivity. My wife, may she rest in peace, Kia Lai had Ynten Lai, which is now Shraan's Empress. Ynten then conceived my grandchild, to which is now Hentrepis' wife.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 7 Feb 2005, 19:39   #133
flapjack
crashed computer

Trish: "Wow, where's the record books? All of the security drones are back in their pods already, I think 1:44 minutes is a new record!"

Myst: "Forcefields down, I think they'll be able to get into the elevators now. Let's see, ah, their most powerfull psychers are in docking bay 5, that's probably where we'll find Hentrepis, hmm, there's a vacuum in Docking bay 5? This can't be right, Trish, you broke a sensor!"

A short while later a bright flash appeared in the center of the small bridge for the second time in a short period of time, followed shortly afterwards by the hissing of the elevator's doors. Flapjack stood up and turned to face the elevators.

Unread 7 Feb 2005, 20:48   #134
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK stood up and watched as Hentrepis, a small figure of nearing twenty and about ten other psychers walked in. AcidK sighed and shook his head as he overheard a small conversation. Velisa and Hentrepis have not changed much.*

Hentrepis: Regardless of size, I still say those things are cramped. Worse than the Darkbud
Velisa: Now you said you wouldn't moan...
Hentrepis: I said I wouldn't moan about the ship, if anything was to be maoned about. Elevators is different.
Velisa: It's part of the ship!
Hentrepis: Part does not mean the thing in whole...
AcidK: I would say morning, for on my watch it is technically accurate...

*With this both Hentrepis and Velisa turned to AcidK, somehow bewildered that AcidK was in the bridge and annoyed somewhat that those words suddenly made them forget about their small argument. AcidK smiled and took pride in his argument-killing skills. The first to act was Velisa, whom suddenly ran up and hugged him tightly, screaming in a very loud and high-pitched note:*

Velisa: Grand Daddy!!
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 10:54   #135
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

/OOC Um? Is there actually a plot-line behind this, or are we careening around doing random acts of stupidity and violence?If there is a plotline, please direct me as to where it can be read, so i can laugh at how little of it resembles where we appear to be going with it... /OOC

Brimstone looks on somewhat bewildered.
"Um." Says Brimstone. "Erm."
Brimstone attempts to hide in a corner of the Comms station and pretend he isn't there, despite the fact that the Comms station is blatantly visible from the entire Bridge.
"Shout and blow sh*t up if you need me, I'll just amuse myself for a while." Says Brimstone, barely audibly (in case anyone hears him) while pulling out a portable music player, a pair of headphones and a monthly magasine, the title of which is slightly obscured and shows "...TS MONTHLY" with a picture of a teddy bear in drag on the front.

A vague sound of music can be heard from the Comms station, consisting of a slightly muffled "Boom Bomm Umpf Umpf Boom Boom..." being the mini sub-woofers built into the headphones.

Brimstone
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 11:33   #136
flapjack
crashed computer

Flapjack at that point walked up onto the top bridge area, where the psychers and Acidk where standing. Behind him Trish appeared once more, apparently intent at meeting these people that had flown into her without asking nicely. Moreover, intent on yelling loudly and cursing about how she should have brought the dock defense turrets online. For the moment she was quiet though

"You'll have to excuse me for the crampedness of this ship, but it was originally built with humans in mind, and later rebuilt because the lack of crew ment that most of the crew quarters could be rebuilt for other purposes. Even I think some areas are cramped."

In the meanwhile Trish had moved over to Brimstone, she hated loud music, and was now about to pluck his headphones off and yell loudly at him, she waited a few more moments though.

Unread 9 Feb 2005, 14:54   #137
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*Hentrepis turned to Flapjack and nodded.*

Hentrepis: We have little intention of staying long enough to sleep over.... erm... Captain was it? Yes, I remember you from the comms. We're here for two reasons, one being to make sure his grace AcidK here is the real AcidK. Second reason was to ask a few minor questions, such as the real reason you are here for example.
AcidK: Sometimes I can hardly answer the latter actually
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 15:16   #138
flapjack
crashed computer

"Well, for those of you that tried to get in through docking 4, did you notice that... Tank in there? Right, and right next to it a ship, good, the tank got marooned in hyperspace and rather unsoftly pulled out by this ship, the other ship followed it and promptly got shot-down by the guy who marooned us in the first place, so I'd like to get some revenge on that guy and we where just making good time when you guys came and messed my party up!"

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 13:46   #139
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK sighed and turned to sit down as Velisa closed her eyes for a second.*

Velisa: Part true, other than the fact that the owner of the flying Tank happens to be on the ship... And you happened to be in there...

*Vesila opened her eyes and stared at Flapjack meaningfully.*

Hentrepis: Try not to lie in front of Velisa, she is a very talented telepath...
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 14:05   #140
flapjack
crashed computer

Flapjack looked at Vesila, considering for a moment to overload the plasma conduit directly under the deckplate she was standing on, when his thoughts where disturbed by Trish yelling something about slipstream conductors, gravwells and the ship in front of them.

"Trish, what did you break this time?"

Trish: "Well, I was plotting a nice intercept course for that Slick guy, when some idiot locked a tractor beam onto us, while the gravwell generators are still online."

As soon as Trish mentioned the gravwell generators Flapjack literally jumped to the ops station, several gauges where WAY high up in the red and as soon as he arrived several alarms started blaring at aproximately the same time.

"Remember what I said about gravwells not pulling us out of slipstream, well, nobody bothered to turn our generators off and it just destabilized by that tractor beam, Tactical, raise shields, charge and fire the primary the quantum cannon into an empty piece of space, we have to get rid of this overload, Helm, the gravitational distortion is forming on our rear, keep us in position while I go and get rid of a pair of gravwell generators."

With that there was a by now well-known bright white flash, Flapjack again disappeared to eject a pair of gravwell generators

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 16:32   #141
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone, on spotting Trish lurking near him looking like an unexploded bomb, decided he ought to turn off his music, and come back to the land where sound is usually below 120db.

On hearing the latest developments, Brimstone considers how wise it was to come onto this ship. As Flapjack teleported out, Brimstone wonders over to the ops station. A array of lights and beeps eminated from an area with a number of readouts and buttons.
Brimstone sets to work, rerouting power directly from the gravwell generators to the primary Quantum Cannon, increases power to the Quantum cannon to 150%, and reroutes the remainder of the power from the overloaded generators into the shields. The effect of this, due to the polarising effects of the shielding, reversed the polarity of the gravity, generating an antigravity area around the ship. On spotting this, Brimstone has a spark of inspiration, and reverses the powerflow through the quantum cannon.

Brimstone triggers the comms to Flapjack. "Dont eject the generators. If you do, they are likely to do implode into a black hole. I've managed to reroute all the overloaded power into the cannon and the shields, its enough to bring the generators back under control. As soon as we fire the quantum cannon we need to shut the grav generators down. Im not entirely sure what happens when you mix gravity and anti gravity in close proximity."

"Tactical, try firing the cannon as far from that grav well behind us as possible, unless you want to find out up close what happens when you start tearing at the fabric of the universe. Helm, i recommend getting ready for some evasive manauvers. This is likely to get bumpy." Says Brimstone, still working away at the console, while strapping himself into the nearest immovable object. "I recommend everyone holds onto something? Cannon is fully charged and ready to fire, FJ get ready to shut the buggers down. I've always wanted to say this... FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!"

Brimstone
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 17:24   #142
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

*Up until a few minutes ago, Hewitt had been blissfully unaware of anything going on around him since when Brimstone had made the offer of music Hewitt had happily taken opportunity of the new connection setup, materilised some headphones and then proceeded to zone out to his favourite tunes... the music was so loud that not even the psychic telepathic intrusion had registered. However, on top of this thanks to the clever design of the headphones all of the sound was directed inward. As such no one onboard had noticed that Hewitt was mentally on another planet.*

"Hmmm, hmm, hmm, hmm, hmmmmmmm......"

*And then Brimstone fires off a quantum cannon at much higher than the recommended power output.*

BOOM.

*The resultant noise and shaking throughout the bridge IS enough for Hewitt to take notice.*

"Hu-huh what!? *Takes off headphones.* What the hell was that? And what's with all these freaking alarms and flashing red lights damn it!?"

*It is then that Hewitt notices a nearby terminal,
Code:
DANGER. DANGER. 
Gravwell systems malfunction... 
Generators 5 and 6 critical.

Implosion imminent.
Hewitt just stares.*

"Oh. Shit. Er... Flapjack... Flapjack?"

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 18:15   #143
flapjack
crashed computer

At about the same time as the quantum cannon is fired, Flapjack reaches the gravwell emergency ejection controls, having recieved no messages whatsoever due to a lack of comms system on the gigantic ship and begins gravwell generator ejection procedures.

Unknown to the rest of the crew however, the quantum cannon itself began disintegrating due to someone firing it at FAR above it nominal power rating, while a few moments later the entire ship was plunged into darkness as the quantum cannon and the gravwell generators ate up all the power.

ooc/ Brimstone, you just fired a weapon that consumes enough energy to keep Earth going for several years at a time at far above its maximum output, you've got a MAJOR problem now /ooc

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 19:32   #144
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK was confused as he was the Tactical, and he had not pressed anything. He found it odd that Brimstone was ordering him around, but at a critical time like this AcidK plotted and got everything ready.*

Hentrepis: What the hell is going on?
AcidK: We have just fired a weapon that could keep Demai Kank powered up for approximatly ten years! We are in trouble!
Velisa: Can't we just consume the energy?

*AcidK looked at his grand daughter with concerned fear.*

AcidK: we could, if we did not mind being destroyed within a second...
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 20:16   #145
flapjack
crashed computer

Flapjack in the meanwhile finished the ejection procedure in the complete and utter darkness, the ship shuddering suddenly and rather violently as all 6 gravwell generators where simultaneously blasted out of the aft section of the ship at considerable speed, the laws of physics kicked in and thus accelerated the ship forward at a much less considerable speed because of the mass involved.

A few minutes later a tired Flapjack comes out of the staircase and began yelling in general.

"Which idiot attempted to overload the quantum cannon? More importantly, how the hell am I gonna restart the fusion reactors with the powercells dead?"

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 20:35   #146
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK, without looking, replied.*

That would be Brimstone, he violated my station by overloading the cannons. That's Tactical's job!
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 22:35   #147
flapjack
crashed computer

"Trish, mind locking his station down and switching ops to AI control. Oh and find an EVA propulsion unit and get it to the nearest airlock if you will, I think you know what I mean."

Flapjack looked around when there was no response, then realised that no power ment no AI and thus no Trish, which in its turn ment no EVA propulsion unit in the nearest airlock.

"Okay... We'll have to get power back first, any ideas on how to jumpstart a hot-fusion reactor with only a manual fuel injection system?"

Unread 11 Feb 2005, 00:19   #148
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Multiple pyrokinetics, but that would, funnily enough, take a lot of psychics. And, strange as it seems, we have a lot of psychics on board...
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 06:36   #149
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

*Hewitt grumbles silently in the dark at the present situation.*

"Now this is why you need a crew FJ, they don't need power and can be everywhere at once..."

*As if to place emphasis on his point, Hewitt gets up, goes over to FJ and back hands him across the back of his head for his stupidity. *

"Right. Now... as for a restart have you forgotten you have two other possible power sources sitting idly in your hangar bay? Now I don't know about Brimstone's ship but my fusion reactors still in good nick... unless your repair bots stuffed it which would make me mightly pissed... and I just happen to have some jumper leads inside my tank.

So you are in luck my friend. All we need is to get my tank to your engines for the hook up."

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 10:26   #150
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK laughes.*

You really think that tank and Brimstones ship can power up the reactors for this vessel? May I remind you, Hewitt, that there are now about one-hundred psychics sitting in the hanger bays waiting for something to happen?
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.