User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 25 Nov 2004, 21:10   #501
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about
Re: ICE9: The Secret War

*AcidK ran past MC and nodded, putting his finger over the remote detonation device and looked towards the other two ahead of him.*

Lets see those rockets flying!

*AcidK pressed the button and, after a few seconds delay, heared a mass explosion behind him. One of the buildings erupted like a volcano, sending rock and debris all over the area, causing everyone in the vacitiy to get peppered before, at some occassions, getting squashed by larger debris. A second explosion was then heard as the second tripwire was detonated, causing to opposite side of the building to erupt also. This caused the top of the building to tumble and collapse to one side.*

That should hold them off for a while, lets get the hell out of here!
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 08:39   #502
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

mc returns acid's nod and looks back to watch the massive column of smoke rising from the eviserated building, he laughs as much as his breath will allow, as he points his reloaded RL back and fires blindly, the rocket streaks off and explodes much closer than expected, raining rocks and scraps of junk around him
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 21:44   #503
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

AK, MC, UQ
ooc// Since you're pretty much back together, you may as well have a post together. //ooc

The tonnes of dust and debris thrown up by your various explosions is only just beginning to settle, but the haze is still difficult to see through. With most of your heavy weapons exhausted, it is perhaps a good thing that every one of the following enemies, at first glance at least, seemed to be out of commission, either blown to bits or blasted into unconciousness by debris or concussion. So it seemed. Suddenly, a large piece of rubble rises up and shatters, revealing a figure below. A large, muscled man wearing a now rather dirty long coat. He lets out a roar of anger as he sees the people who were under his command littered about the remnants of the cityblock. Then he spots you, who are mostly legging it in the general direction of pickup. Though aparantly unarmed, he makes no attempt to move towards you, instead raising his arms. The air in front of him shimmers, almost like a heat haze for a second, but then the haze forces itself forward at ridiculous speed, like a fist of air. You all manage to avoid the blast, save Kilo, who doesn't quite make it. Fortunely, being furthest away, she took less damage from what you recognise as a repellor wave. It still threw her a good two or three metres before petering out though. Before any of you can check on her, or even before the newly agitated dust has settled again, the whine of repellors appears once more. This time though, it is not from the enemy agent, but a much louder whine from the direction of the buring base. From somewhere inside, a craft lifts into the air. This is not the shuttle you saw before, but an armed gunship, at least comparable in armament to your Black Falcon, if not even tougher. It swoops lazily towards your position, and over the agent. The agent smiles, points his arms downward, and fires again, launching himself into the air with a practiced ease and landing squarely inside the gunship's open side ports. The craft continues to come onward, now with what looks like weapons readying.*

ooc again// If any of you are pilots/ wish to do some flying, I can engineer it here for you if you wish. //ooc

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 00:10   #504
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

ooc/ I'd like to get back in, preferably with my old character, hey, he could even come down and give them a hand :P /ooc

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 01:10   #505
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK moves aside quickly as the blast tumbled through, hitting Kilo behind him and knocking her a good 3 metres. AcidK pulls out his last EMP grenade and was about to throw it when the agent launched himself onto a gunship.*

This... could be bad... Everyone back to the Flacon! We will have to fly our way out of this! MC, help UQ qith Jamal, I'll help Kilo!

*AcidK grabbed Kilo's arm and wraped it around him neck, lifting her up and helping her run towards the Falcon, sometimes lifting her off the ground when she stumbled a bit, giving her time to regain her running feet before lowering again.*

There are more weapons in the Falcon, we can give them hell from there!

*AcidK looked at the EMP grenade now being squeezed tightly in his hand and began to think: One EMP grenade left... either this works or we are screwed...*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 08:22   #506
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

"Kilo!! Noooo!!" Ur_Quan screamed as he saw her being knocked over. Ur_Quan tried to get to her as fast as he could, but AcidK beat him to it. He saw him lift her up and he noticed that she still moved, so at least she was still alive, but he could tell she was in a pretty bad shape. Ur_Quan wasn't one to lose his cool, but right now he was burning; burning with rage.

When he made it towards AcidK he dropped Jamal and said: "You and Mad Cat get Kilo and Jamal back to the falcon. I'll take care of him," Ur_Quan said with as much contempt as he was able to put into that word. "I got a plan, but I'll need your EMP grenade. Thanks. Get everyone into the falcon and have the pilot take off immediately. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

Ur_Quan left Jamal with AcidK and ran into Mad Cat's direction while concealing AcidK's EMP grenade on his body. He then took his ICE9 communicator and contacted Mad Cat who had been successfully warding off the gunship thus far, but was rapidly going through his ammunition.

TO MAD CAT: "Hey Rambo, give me a hand up and then look after Jamal, will you?"

Ur_Quan put the communicator back in his pocket, engaged his low gravity enhancement and hoped that Mad Cat knew what he was planning...
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 21:09   #507
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

having avoided the blast of air by ducking behind a large and full dumpster mc takes out the last of his roackes, one of the modified EMP ones that he had put together on the falcon, he sets the external timer for about the time he has estimated that the rockets take to reach the range of the other gunship, he stops to slide the rocket into the tube and takes carefull aim, after a moment he pushes the fire button ad the rocket streaks from its launcher, mc doesnt stick around to see its effect and nearly colides head on with uq, who he grabs and spins around

just go to the falcon, we can do more there, im guessing i know what you want, but i dont need you dead or captured, now lets go

mc spins uq back in the way he had come and gives him a shove to get him moving before starting to run again himself, on the way he scoops up jamal and slings him over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, after that he begins to run as levelly as possible to avoid banging jamal's head on stuff, a couple minutes later he reaches the falcon, he places jamal on one of the banches and gets his EMP rockets

ooc- does the falcon have mannually operated side turrets? -ooc
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 00:54   #508
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

-ooc-
lets just say they are manual for now
-ooc-

*AcidK nodded and gave Ur Quan the grenade.*

One hit with this and we can say goodbye to both the agent and that flyer, just don't get yourself killed or taken.

*AcidK turns and runs with Kilo on his shoulder, reaching the falcon and placing Kilo on a stretcher, locking her in place so she doesn't tumble around inside the falcon.*

Hang tight, Kilo, we'll be out of here soon...

*AcidK lifted himself up and looked around the place.*

MC, UQ, take gunning position, I'll pilot us out of here!

*AcidK rushing to the pilots seat and began to lift the falcon off the floor, quickly pulling the acceleraters to full speed, watching the falcon begin to speed up fast. He noticed their chaser was slow, and this could turn to be an advantage. AcidK took the falcon to do a U-Turn and pass by the FIRE3 ship's side, allowing MC and UQ ample time to throw the EMP grenade in and not letting the agent have enough space to leap in without having to destroy his own craft.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 20:22   #509
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

AK, UQ, MC
ooc// aw, and I was going to have this dramatic scene with the Falcon flying overhead. Ah well. //ooc

*With nothing to guide the rocket, the gunship was able to easily sidestep the explosive, but it did buy a few critical moments. Enough for your wounded party to reach the Black Falcon. With the pilot the only one trained as a field medic, he reinquishes his chair to AK, in order to tend to Kilo. You trigger the side guns to activate, and the side doors slide open in order to allow you to fire. With engines whining, the Falcon dusts off, just in time to avoid a parabolic grenade lob from the gunship's top mortar. In case you've forgotten since training, your IAS' activate, informing you of the weaponry at your disposal:

Type: Flyer
Identity: Black Falcon
Capabilities: Highly limited space travel, orbital drop insertion, mach 4 top speed.
Armaments: 4 wing mounted multiple role Fireblade missiles, nose mounted energy picket gun, side mounted manual energy picket guns, EDS (EMP/Decoy/Smokescreen) Chaffe
History: Based upon the exact same chasis of the old jetcopter Black Falcons, but with new armaments, systems and repellors in place of rotors.
Allegiance: ICE9

Flap
ooc// Sure, that's fine. Want to return to 12 too? This is the point you were at with Bakan: //ooc

"I wouldn't recommend trying to use EMP up here. It could cut off our air supply and other, er... useful things. We should..."

*The tech that came with you suddenly interrupts, speaking quickly and in short bursts.*

"The Black Falcon you came in on, it's about 15 by 20 metres, right? And the weapons have what, 30 Kilowyns of power? What if we busted her into the main shaft? It'd take for damn careful flying, but I reckon we could get anywhere up or down the shaft we wanted to go. Might I suggest that you agenty types go to the place these spiders come from, there could be something there to help you. I'll come to if you want."

"Now wait a minute, what about us?"

"Can't you look after yourself here until they've investigated? Every minute could be one less piece of evidence to found out who did this to us, to our friends, don't you want to see justice done?"

"Well... I guess. I'll go along with whatever the agents choose. They seem to know what they're doing."

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 22:43   #510
flapjack
crashed computer

*Flapjack quickly jumped into the pilot seat of the Falcon, gesturing for the others to come in as well, he quickly closed the door with the controls to his right and pointed the ship directly at the hatch they had come through*

"This pod had better be tough enough."

*Flapjack carefully set the forward gun to the firepower he needed, then squeezed the trigger. Immediatly a blast of energy flew out of the forward gun and violently obliterated the wall*

"Strap yourselves in gentlemen, we're going in nose first."

Unread 3 Dec 2004, 04:30   #511
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Lets see what this thing can do...

*AcidK grabbed the stick and launched the Falcon into the air as fast as he could, turning it around so UQ and MC can get a clear shot of the gunship. He then turned the Falcon around and began to attempt to get on the gunships tail. AcidK then tried to target the gunship with the front picket weapon, at the same time attempting a lock-on with one of the missiles. The end result was violent manouvers in the air, but not too violent to shake the rest of the Falcon's personnel around.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 03:16   #512
Mad cat

mc gets to one of the turrets and sits down just as the falcon lifts off, he gives the weapon a quick look over to see if he can possibly get more juice into the thing before he actually uses it, he finds nothing imedeate and obvious, and so doesnt do anything to the gun, as the other gunship comes into view mc swivels his turret and fires off two decoys at the cockpit which are closely followed by a burst of emp shots, as acid begins his somewhat erratic manouvers mc finds it hard to keep the other gunship in his crosshairs, so he gets out of the chair grabs hold of something on the ceiling and goes to the makeshift armoury where he gets a lot of extra ammunition for the chaingun by his turret, he also gets a couple lengths of wire before returning to the turret, he sits back down inthe seet and begins hastily lashing the big gun to the turret, after making the weapon secure mc feeds some ammunition into the gun and fires a couple rounds to get the belt in properly, he drops the large ammount of ammunition by the turret and places his booted foot on it to keep it still while muttering to himself

right, come get some

mc spins up the gun and waits for a moment before the other gunship comes into view, he very quickly turns the gun to point in the general vacinity of the other gunship's cockpit and fires another decoy before he lets loose a storm of lead at the machine in general
Unread 13 Dec 2004, 06:59   #513
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

I got around half a post, I'll try to finish up tomorrow.
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 01:21   #514
Mad cat

ooc- but but, tomorrow never comes... i bet you're just slacking -ooc
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 07:38   #515
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Shush you. Anyways, I got my Rommey intro post done and that was the difficult bit. ICE9 is a little easier and I expect it done tomorrow (for real).
Unread 18 Dec 2004, 09:06   #516
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

"Lemme go! I want to kill that bastard! I'm gonna break his neck! You let go of me you hear!" Ur_Quan shouted as Mad Cat dragged him back to the falcon, like a parent would drag a particularly stubborn child away from a toystore. He could struggle as much as he wanted, but he didn't stand a chance against Mad Cat's iron grip.

Once they were all inside the falcon and had taken off, Ur_Quan was ordered to take up a gunning position. Ur_Quan fired the cannons with zeal, but it didn't take long before it became clear that the FIRE3 gunship was designed as an answer to ICE9's falcon. Its speed and agility, as well as its armour and weaponry were at least equal, but probably superior to that of the falcon. Most of the shots fired at it missed, and those that did hit, didn't seem to be doing a lot of damage. Ur_Quan felt the EMP grenade in his pocket and then he looked at Kilo. Anger was quickly becoming the better part of him and he made up his mind. His colleageus seemed too preoccupied with the enemy jet and as such didn't pay him much attention when he walked into the armoury. A few seconds later he came back holding a gun that contained a grapplehook. As he walked across to the hatch, a little voice in the back of mind said: "No! You can't do this! You're a professional! You can't let yourself be guided by your personal feelings!" "Yes. I bloody well can!", Ur_Quan shouted back at the voice inside his head as he slammed his fist into the button that opened the hatch.

As the hatch opened, Ur_Quan was nearly sucked outside, but he tightly held on to the railing. He saw the enemy gunship pass underneath them, aimed his grapplehook gun and fired. As the hook connected with the gunship, Ur_Quan let himself drop out of the falcon and enabled his anti-gravity enhancement. His eyes watered and ears were ringing as the air rushed past while het let himself be dragged by the gunship like a cartoon character that had caught a particularly strong fish. Ur_Quan pushed a button on the gun and the cable started to wind itself up, reeling Ur_Quan on to the top of the gunship. As he looked down the gunship's open hatch, a hand shot up, grabbed him by his hair and with one strong pull dragged him inside the ship and threw him on the floor, face down.

"Well well well, what have we here? A peeping Tom?" Ur_Quan tried to get up, but then someone grabbed him be the scruff of his neck, twisted his arm around his back and then banged his head against the wall a few times, causing a rather heavy nosebleed. "Surely they teach you good manners at the academy, don't they?" Ur_Quan then received a powerful blow against the side of ribs, just above the kidneys. "DON'T THEY?!" a voice by his ear bellowed as he received another blow on the same spot. Ur_Quan winced and then he was flung across the room into another wall. As he turned around, he was able to see who was doing this to him; it was the same brute that had fired the repellor wave that had struck Kilo, he was shaking his head and walked towards him. "Tch tch tch. You really disappoint me know you. I had expected a bit more from you. Did you really think you could just come in here and do what? Arrest me?" The FIRE3 agent grabbed Ur_Quan by his hair again and then looked him sternly in the face. "Well?" "No." "HA! INDEED NOT!" After which Ur_Quan replied: "I'm gonna kill you." This was met with mocking laughter. "You? You are gonna do what?" "I'm gonna kill you." This time, instead of laughter, Ur_Quan received a punch in the stomach that knocked nearly all the air out of his lungs and caused him to bend forwards after which an elbow was forcefully rammed between his shoulders and he slumped the ground. "Wake up to reality boy! The only person here that's gonna get killed, is you." At that point, the gunship rocked and several conduits exploded as it was hit by the falcon's weapons. "Right after I've killed your pesky friends aboard that toy of theirs. The brute gave Ur_Quan a powerful kick against his ribs and then he walked over to the pilot's chair and tapped a few buttons to make the ship come about. Ur_Quan took the EMP grenade from his pocket, armed it, staggered up, threw the EMP grenade into the cockpit and let himself drop onto the floor. He heard the FIRE3 agent curse just as it exploded. When he looked up again, the brute was clutching his forehead. Then he looked up at Ur_Quan, rose from his seat and advanced on him. "Now that was a very nasty thing to do and I'm going to kill you for that and I'm gonna do it here and now. And I'm gonna do it very slowly, cos I wanna savour the moment." The brute picked Ur_Quan up by his ear and jabbed him against his jaw. Ur_Quan smiled. "What? What're you smiling at?" "I just killed you." "Yeah? And how did you do that then? Magic?" "Your little flying machine. I bet that grenade fried the controls." "Oh, I wouldn't worry about that, nothing I can't fix. As for you, however..." "Yeah, but can you do it before we crash into that building there?" "What building?" the brute said and then he looked over his shoulder and saw a large tower complex loom up before him. He let go of Ur_Quan and quickly ran over to the pilot controls and started tapping buttons furiously. Ur_Quan staggered to the gunship's sidedoor, opened it and let himself fall out. He once more tried to activate his anti-gravity enhancement to slow down his fall, but it only worked for a few seconds and then it gave up. Instead of making an impression on the concrete, Ur_Quan landed in a tree which broke most of his fall as well as a bone or two. As he fell from branch to branch he heard an explosion and smiled. "Told him I was gonna kill him." He managed to say before finally hitting the ground and passing out.

OOC- Sorry this post deals with the gunship rather fast, but I'd like to get on with the story and find out why Jamal's so important etc. -OOC
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 03:48   #517
Mad cat

mc curses as uq drops to the other gunship and stops firing. he watches nervously hoping that uq hadnt simply been plastered against a wall for a new interior paint job. mc grins and luaghs out loud when the cockpit of the other gunship lights up as the grenade explodes. but his smile quickly dissapears as he sees where the gunship is headed

oh shit. get out you fool!

mc sees uq jump out of the gunship and crash into the tree, he turns and rushes up to acid, he points to the rising plume of smoke and requests acid to land
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 23:54   #518
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK looks at MC and then shouts over the Falcon's noise.:*

It's easier said than done! I'll try though!

*AcidK turns the Falcon around and tries to fly low near the trees around him to the smoke. He armed the EMP Missiles ready, just in case Uq Quan didn't do enough.*

I'm gunna drop low, we wont be found on a radar then! Get ready for a rough ride!

*AcidK jolted the Falcon right down so it was an inch or two from the ground, the speed and the varied flora whizzed pass as AcidK tried to dodge them. The vibrations of being this close to the ground sent MC toppling a little until AcidK closed to UQ's position, almost slamming the Falcon into a complete stop, ready to pick him up and get out quick.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 24 Dec 2004, 20:47   #519
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

AK, UQ, MC
*The Black Falcon's repellors whine as the craft is brought in low. With UQ safely pulled aboard and strapped in, AK takes the craft up into the now night time sky, deciding not to tempt fate further by remaining in the area. A good job had been jone this day, with a FIRE3 base in ruins, multiple operatives dead a gunship brought down and at least two 'I' Tech agents killed. FIRE3 would be reeling from this one for a while, perhaps enough to suspend operations for a while. You can only hope. Of course, the mission hasn't gone without a hitch, but the expended ammunition and explosives are easily replenishable, and though their injuries are severe, Ur Quan and Kilo will recover. Upon recieving a message that the American space elevator is mysteriously out of action, you set course for the European one. It'd expend less fuel in the long run anyway. It soon comes up on the horizon, the 1/4 kiliometre wide cable that transports so much to space. You fly directly towards the cargo section, about a skyscaper up the cable, so as not to interfere with passenger check ins at the bottom. A radio query followed by the sending of ICE9 codes gets you in at express speed to a pod, and leaves those of you that are still mobile to stretch your legs, while those that aren't have to wait, with nothing but a medkit to help them. The trip goes without incident apart from a couple of ten minute stops while elevator pods jostled for position. When it arrived at the top, in the blackness of space a customs officer hastily shuffles your Black Falcon to the the front of the queue for boost pods. This, unlike the elevator, is not that popular, being as the g-forces created by being rocket-prolled around the inside of the space ring at great speed are not pleasant. Today is no different, but speed is of the essence with injured parties. After about an hour of hypersonic travel, Tauros Operations comes up on the sensors. The boost pod decelerates and is brought inside Tauros' recieving bay, where the Black Falcon is retrieved from it. A medical team is waiting, and they rush Ur Quan and Kilo off to the medbay. The rest of you are left to do as you like, though a BrightSide security team has arrived to help bring Quiver to the holding cells.

UQ - You awake in the medbay, with your arm in a sling and many bandages on. In the bed next door, you can see Kilo, looking in a similar situation, but barely awake.

Flap
The wall explodes inwards as the white-hot energy beams blast into it, and you can here the wreckage banging into the walls down the main shaft. With some careful flying, and only one scrap of the wing into the wall. Then you're in, and slowly decending towards the car that the spiders came from. Though you have to go slowly due to the tight fit, it isn't long before you arrive at the same level as the car. You won't be able to do the same trick with this car, as it's on the exterior of the elevator, not like your on, which was as far in as possible.

Unread 24 Dec 2004, 21:16   #520
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK was also in the medbay, trying to get used to his new I-Tech upgrade (Enhanced Instinct), looking at Ur Quan as he began to stir. He turned his I-Tech off and sat on a schair facing UQ. He grinned and waited for UQ to notice him before saying:*

You really are suicidal aren't you?
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 24 Dec 2004, 22:25   #521
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan looked into the face of his superior. He could tell there was no fooling him and therefore decided not to embarrass the both of them by doing so. "I'm sorry, guv'. I shouldn't have gone off like that; I could've jeopardized the entire mission and I'll accept any punishment you wish to place on me." Ur_Quan glanced at Kilo again and asked: "What about her? Will she be alright?"
Unread 24 Dec 2004, 23:41   #522
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

She will survive, yes. She was blady hit though but she'll pull through. I wont pass any punishment onto you for now, just don't jeapordise the mission and ICE9 like that again. We could have got out with less casualties, seeing as the Falcon did have EMP missiles ready and waiting. But since you took out the ship and the agent, all's well that ends well.

*AcidK got up and walked to the door, turning around to face UQ again.*

Take time to relax for now.

*AcidK nodded to the waking Kilo.*

You look after her, she's more fragile than she likes to think.

*With that, AcidK walked out of the medbay, heading towards his own quarters for a drink, a smoke and hoprefully a chance to sit down and relax more.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 1 Jan 2005, 00:14   #523
Mad cat

mc once again finds himself with nothing to do, he had checked up on kilo and uq but had found them both asleep, so, he decided to catch up on some much needed sleep, finding a convenient, if uncomfortable chair in an open area, mc sits down, stretches out and is soon asleep
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 01:01   #524
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

When Kilo woke up, she found Ur_Quan staring at her from the bed in the other side of the room. "Wha-what happened? How did I get here? Did you..? What happened to you? The others..?" she asked. "You were hit by some kind of disruption ray and we brought you back to the falcon and eventually we made it back to the spacering. Yes, we still got Jamal, but I don't know whether or not he's said anything yet. The others are alright." Ur_Quan said.

Kilo thought for a moment and then said: "Ur_Quan?" "Yes?" "You answered all my questions, except one." "Oh? Did I?" "Yes, you didn't tell me what happened to you." "Oh, I must have forgotten to do that, you asked me such a lot of questions." Then there was silence until after a minute or so, Kilo said: "Well?" "Well what?" "Ur_Quan, don't play games with me. What happened to you?" "I'd rather not talk about it." "You'd rather I ask one of your colleagues?"

Ur_Quan sighed. "Ok, I did something stupid, alright?" "What did you do then?" "I endangered myself, my colleagues, the organisation and the mission by going after that enemy agent." Kilo, already having figured out the reason of his behaviour, bit her lip to prevent her from smiling and then decided to push it a little. "So, why did you do it then?" "I... Well, I... Because... Look, I just wasn't thinking clearly, ok?"
Kilo could no longer restrain herself and burst out into a laugh. Ur_Quan's face turned red and feeling embarrassed, he turned on his other side so that his back was towards Kilo and said "Yeah..."

Kilo felt sorry for having put Ur_Quan through all that and apologized. "I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself there." "Uh huh." "Look if it helps, I think it was very sweet of you." After hearing this, Ur_Quan turned over to Kilo again and said: "Really?" "Yes, it was very sweet of you. And also very stupid, promise me you won't do anything like that again." "I'll try not to." "No, don't try, just don't do it anymore, you must promise me." "I'm not sure I can promise you that, so don't ask." "I won't work with you again unless you promise me." Feeling that he had little choice here, Ur_Quan sighed again and said: "Fine, I promise I won't do what I did again. There. Happy now?" Kilo smiled. "Oh yes."
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 01:03   #525
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

OOC- Being confined to a bed and all, I'm not sure what more I can do. Perhaps it's time to DM us again? -OOC
Unread 22 Jan 2005, 18:05   #526
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

ooc// It is indeed. Sorry it took so long (again) //ooc

AK
*On your way to your quarters, your id comm bips at you. Answering it, you see the face of the head of operations, Riley.*

"Jamal's come round. He's not doing a lot of talking at the moment though. Bakan, Flapjack and their prisoner haven't arrived yet, and its beginning to worry me. But we've got to get whatever possible out of Jamal, I want to know what he's been up to. Either he's FIRE3 and he got on the wrong side of them, or there's some other player in town. I suggest you pick someone to interogate him, then get ready to head out, there's more work to be done."

MC
I can't really DM you at the moment, till AK tells you to go with him to see Riley, or whatever. Thus, for now I'm afraid you get to have a nice sleep (unless of course you think of something you want to do in the meantime).

UQ
*Kilo rolls over, just as a doctor, looking like an 'I' agent in reverse with his white coat and galsses arrives. He holds a PDA, and checks on it.*

"Well, the two of you are both going to be ok. Ur Quan, you can leave when you feel up to it, but you won't be up to much physical exertion for a while. In fact, I'd suggest that you take a walking stick in order to rest your muscles as much as possible, but that's up to you. Just don't hurt yourself and get hauled back in here. Kilo, I want to keep you in here at least a day or two, I'm still not quite sure what that blast did to your nanos, but you're responding well to nano-meds as well as regular medicine. Any questions?"

Unread 23 Jan 2005, 01:58   #527
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK nodded to Riley.*

I'll do it myself, but I'll see if Ur Quan is capable of movement to assist in the interrogations. Might as well do something useful, don't like slacking around...

*AcidK turned off the comm-link and stood up, placing a cigerette he was about to light away and sighed.*

Yet another day without a cig, pity...

*AcidK proceeded to the med-lab and walked in, his small authority posture kept for a while.*

Sorry to barge in, doctor, could I talk to these two in private for a breaf second?

*AcidK waited for the doctor to walk out before his posture slumped into his normal stance, one where he was ready at any moment.*

How you doing, kiddo?
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 23 Jan 2005, 02:24   #528
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

"I was trying to catch up on some sleep, but considering the circumstances I can't really complain. According to the doctor I should take it easy and get some rest. He even suggested that I use a walking stick, so I doubt I'll make much of an impression on Jamal being in this condition. Why don't you ask Mad Cat to come with you?"
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 03:03   #529
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Was I that obvious?

*AcidK smiled and nodded in agreement.*

Price you pay for overdoing it. Well, take it easy. You need rest more than I do.

*AcidK bowed a little before walking out to find Mad Cat.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 11:49   #530
flapjack
crashed computer

*Flapjack carefully used the retro thrusters to keep the falcon in position while turning his head back, or in fact up*

"So, any ideas on how to get out through here? Cuzz I don't really feel like dropping the only way out all the way down this tube."

*Flapjack then changed his view back forward, the insides of the tube still filling his view and looked for anything that might keep a Falcon from falling, stuff like really, really thick handle bars and the like*

Unread 2 Feb 2005, 08:49   #531
Mad cat

with a start and a groan, mc is hoisted from his sleep. his first reaction is to look about for what may have woken him, but coming across no possible explanation he looks at the old fassioned LED crystal faced watch on his wrist. he lets out a moan of dismay, for the hands have moved scarcely over three quarters of an hour. so with movements that would befit an old man and the realization of why zombies always seem so pissed of with the world running through his head, mc stands up and takes a better look at his surroundings. his first aim is to find some form of coffee shop or pharmacy and after a bit of sleep fogged deliberation he settles on both. his search for a pharmacy takes him on a meandering rout about the station and he eventually finds something close enough that he makes a stop. he is actually in the medical area and his slightly slurred request for caffine pills is met with both amusement and compliance. after receiving his small bottle of tablets mc heads off in the direction he had come in search of the precious substance that so many use to jump start their day. this search also takes him on a meandering rout, but one that is substatially shorter. he follows the faint smell of fast food and soon ends up in the stations equivilent of a mall food court. surrounded by places selling cafinated liquids mc finds his origonal resolution hidden under indescision, he does after a little thought go to a coffee shop and buys himself a large cup of the steaming blackish stuff. before he finds himself a seat he changes the ownership of multiple sugar packets and creamers. after getting himself a seat mc pops a couple of his pills, shortly removing them and their vile taste from his mouth with a large swallow of the hot liquid that leaves him gasping for breath as his arsophagus makes itself and its complaints well known. after a good coughing fit and a drink of cold tap water mc regains the resolve he had lost the instant the searing pain had registered, with this restoredhe returnes to his table with the intent of finishing the coffee. this he does, and at a much slower rate now that he has been cruelly brought to full wakefullness by pain worse than any case of heart burn. as time continues to roll by mc sits back, closing his eyes, and takes in the sounds and smells of the large room, apparently in a state of content that is broken periodically by a wince as his throat makes another vicious complaint to having still, fairly hot coffee poured down it.
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 08:58   #532
Mad cat

ooc- in an attempt to make ammends for my absence of late, i have posted. i am dreadfully sorry for that absence, and apologise as profusely as is necessary to appease all of you people. however responsibility for my absence can, for the most part be dropped at the... uhh. "feet" of my computer and network. which i think is self explanitory -ooc
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 19:08   #533
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK was walking solemly around the station before entering the food court, a bustling and crowded place no matter what time of day it was. AcidK neede to find MC so they could begin interrogations on Jamal and at least get a good foot-hold onto situations. It was with this in mind that he looked from each person, not bothering to use his I-Techs for now, until he found MC sitting down, drinking still hot coffee down what already to him looked like a worn-out throat. AcidK walked slowly towards MC, stopping at the cantine to get a cup of tea for himself, sitting down in front of MC and waited until MC noticed he was there.*

I take it you did not get much sleep then? We need to go interrogate Jamal, more of a now or never situation. Orders from Riley.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 01:02   #534
Mad cat

mc notices acidk fairly soon after his arrival by a slight deadening of sound from that direction. his eyes open fairly slowly in an out-of-sync fassion that speaks of just how tired he is. he nods a greeting and listens solemnly to the report, shaking his head gravely at the mention of sleep. he takes another slow swig of the cooling coffee, and placing it lightly on the corner of the table leans foreward a bit. mc's face pinches a little as though in anticipation of something bad, he takes a breath and begins. his voice sounds forced, as though he is making an effort to make the sounds that come out as a painfull sounding, raspy, croak.

well... i gues we had better be going then.

mc stands up, at a pace that heavily suggests that he would much rather stay put. grinds his fists into his eyes for a moment and turns back to grab his coffee. a look of sincear dislike crosses his face before he tips the cup back and drinks the remainder of the liquid. obviously procrastinating mc lowers the cup and peers into it before crumpling it up some in preparation for throwing at a handy garbage can.

god i hate coffee, if it doesnt work the wonder everyone says it does, i am going to... well, i dont know.

after making his complaint about coffee and making clear his opinion of it mc shakes his head violently to clear something from his mind. he turns his now constantly baleful gaze to acid and his voice takes on a note of resignation.

lead the way...
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 14:23   #535
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK leads the way and smiles at MC, shaking his head. He managed to get into the corridors that led down towards the detention centre where Jamal would be held captive.*

You know, you really should just go for the Espresso. One shot of that and you're in fast talking street.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 00:48   #536
Mad cat

mc followes slighty behind and to the right of acid so he does not see the smile at his expence, instead he croaks his responce.

perhaps, if i ever regain the willpower and self destructive curiosity to do this again, i will follow your advice
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 21:30   #537
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan put his spoon down in distaste. Technology had come a long way since the day mankind started walking upright. Hospital food seemed to be evolving exactly the same way, only in reverse; the primordial liquid in his bowl was supposed to be 'beef stroganov with fresh vegetables and fried chips'. It looked like something that had already been eaten at east once.

Ur_Quan looked at Kilo, who was fast asleep, before putting his 'dinner' aside and instead decided to get something from one of the numerous vending machines that adorned the many hallways. He looked at the walking stick that the doctors had positioned by his bed, decided that such things were for wimps and weaklings only, threw away the covers, jumped to the floor and stood standing there for several minutes with his eyes closed and teeth clenched until the pain subsided. When he opened his eyes again, he glared at the walking stick and took it from the corner with a grunt, before slowly walking out the door.

The guards that were posted outside the room, stood to attention as Ur_Quan strolled out. "I'm going for a walk and I don't know when I'll be back. You guys keep an extra eye out for trouble, yeah?" "Yes Sir!" After getting himself a snack, Ur_Quan didn't feel like spending more time in bed, doing nothing and so he decided to find a computer with a secure connection in order to access some background information about the case he and his colleagues had been working on. He didn't really expect to find anything new, but it wouldn't hurt to check and besides, what else was he supposed to do?
Unread 18 Feb 2005, 22:00   #538
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

ooc// PK has been a lazy arse. Apologies. //ooc

AK, MC
*You walk out into the cell block (B-Zone), a fairly forbidding section of the base, that contains those prisoners that there is a reasonable risk of them breaking out of regular cells. You reach the one in which Quiver Jamal resides, and are met by Lieutenant Tavira, head of BrightSide-3, who brought Jamal to the cells for you. He speaks in a clipped, military voice that gets right to the point.*

"He's not said a lot, but then we haven't asked him much. Figured you'd want to do that. Seems pretty placid though. Door code's four-five-six-two. Go right on in."

UQ
*Your browsings mainly come up with stuff you already know, or requests by the computer for more detailed search parameters. A blinking message alert alerts you (funnily enough) to the fact that an interrogation relating to the case is about to take place. The camera system is ready to show the feed to you if you want it.*

Flap
"We're going to have to go through the super-stucture. If we can get to an access door, it shouldn't be too bad. Most of the passage ways are vent sized, or bigger. We just need to be a bit careful about which routes we take. As to where to put this bird, there should be an emergancy fire bulkhead about 20 metres bellow where we want to get to, that could support this thing's weight. If we can find a way to close it, it shouldn't be much of a problem to climb back up with access harnesses."

Unread 19 Feb 2005, 00:40   #539
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK turned to MC and said quietly to him:*

Whatever you do, never mention your name in front of Jamal. If FIRE3 catches him again or if they are looking through his eyes now, we will be hunted.

*AcidK nodded to the lieutenant and tapped the code in the door, watching it open before walking in slowly. He waited for MC to come in before speaking.*

Quiver Jamal... We would like to ask you a few questions on why you were being held by FIRE3 and your connection to them.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 26 Feb 2005, 04:31   #540
Mad cat

Stopping in front of the door Mc brings himself up to his full height, doing his utmost to look awake and alert, a task that becomes easier by the second as the caffiene pills hit his system. He nods his agreement to Acid's words and heads in, sidestepping to the left, opting to stand rather than sit.
Unread 3 Mar 2005, 02:15   #541
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

OOC- Sorry for taking my time, but I wanted to put a little more in my reply than "click button, watch interview", which wasn't easy with the DM reply I got. This is all I could come up with. -OOC

Ur_Quan was slightly puzzled and also a bit worried as to why an interrogation as important as this one was being broadcasted live over the net. As far as he knew this wasn't standard procedure and so he immediately grabbed his ICE9 communicator and sent a message to ICE9 HQ informing them about a possibly illegal broadcast.

Realising that there could be a spy involved, Ur_Quan tried to find out who else on the network was watching this tranmission while he waited for a reply from HQ. Because he didn't have Kilo's computer skills, this was a process that took some time and since he couldn't stop the interview, he figured he might as well watch such part as would be broadcasted until HQ either disconnected the link or sent him a message saying everything was alright.
Unread 31 Mar 2005, 14:15   #542
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

ooc// I'm really sorry it took so long for such a short post. I'll try and make following DMs quicker, so the interview can take place at reasonable speed. //ooc

AK, MC
*Jamal looks for a moment like he isn't going to answer, but then sighs and sags slightly.*

"What do you want to know?"

UQ
*While it is normal for interviews to be broadcast to agents involved with the case, the more you look at the broadcast, the more odd it seems. The playback was usually secure, but someone had subtlely disabled a few key safeties. Not just anyone would be able to pick it up, but some, with enough hacking experience just might. Another alert popped up, from Ops. It read; 'Video feed cannot be cut. Surveilance options have been limited but unknown persons'.*

Unread 1 Apr 2005, 04:05   #543
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

OOC- That's quite alright. Every one of us has been known to take their time (especially me ). I'm just all too happy that you haven't given up on this thread.
I just got one question about my DM reply; that last sentence looks a bit odd or unfinished. Usually such things aren't that much of a problem, but in this case I'm not too sure about what it's supposed to mean. -OOC
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 00:03   #544
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

ah, oops. Read 'but' as 'by' please

Unread 8 Sep 2005, 07:54   #545
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

OOC- I'm not too sure this thread is still being continued, but I like the thread a lot, so I'm replying to it anyway and hopefully AK and MC will post as well and maybe it will even rekindle the interest from other people that might join in. -OOC

Ur_Quan read the message from Ops. So, they lost control of the surveillance system? At a time like this, when an important interview was to take place? That couldn't be a coincidence! The ICE9 network was the most highly secured network in the world. It was very nearly impossible to hack, but in the unlikely event that it should ever happen, Ops would immediately sever all connections with the outside world. Whoever was hacking the system now, would probably be aware of that and so the only place they could be hacking from, without Ops blocking them out, would be at the ICE9 mainframe itself.

Ur_Quan quickly ruled out that a large group of intruders or FIRE3 agents would have taken control of the mainframe on the basis that such a thing was totally impossible without them knowing about it. No, whoever was hacking the system, must be on their own to avoid drawing unnecessary attention to themselves. Ur_Quan also knew that any half competent hacker would also be monitoring the ICE9 security alert levels so that they'd know when they were detected. Therefore, Ur_Quan immediately sent a message to Ops asking them not to raise the internal alert status and instead to pretend there was nothing wrong. Having done that, he immediately sent a message to his colleagues AcidK and MadCat to inform them of their peeping tom and telling them to be on their guard.

There was no use in alerting security because that would also alert the hacker and then he'd probably escape, so Ur_Quan decided to go alone. The mainframe wasn't that far from his current location anyway. He got up from his seat, prepared to make a run for it and then remembered his injuries as the pain came screaming back into his body from the sudden movement. Ur_Quan activated both his anti-gravity as well as his increased flexibility I-techs to minimize the strain on his body, took a deep breath and ran to the mainframe, hoping to be able to catch the intruder redhanded.
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 06:32   #546
Mad cat

ooc- I'd be interested in reviving this thread, but Acid seems to have become a lurker (rather like myself ) and I haven't seen Pk for a while. So I don't know if it's even possible right now. I would post, but I'm tired and I think I'd make myself look like something of an idiot with a terrible post so I'll let it wait for a bit. -ooc
Unread 23 Sep 2005, 13:03   #547
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

I'm here. I just haven't had anything to DM.

Unread 24 Sep 2005, 05:19   #548
Mad cat

ooc- oh I see, hmm, well then, we should dig up Acid from wherever he's buried himself and bug him untill he comes back. Gravy? -ooc