User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 4 Jun 2007, 21:49   #1
Plasma Kat

Skins

I'm quite bored of every skin looking exactly the same, pitch black to the point of barely being able to read whats going on.

When is some consideration for people without optical augmentation going to take place? Last round I used the ugly spreadsheet option which was good enough simply because it was white, but now even that has gone. Thanks a lot.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 22:24   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Skins

Your call is important to us, please hold.

*cue muzak*
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 23:29   #3
myk
PA Team

myk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma Kat
I'm quite bored of every skin looking exactly the same, pitch black to the point of barely being able to read whats going on.

When is some consideration for people without optical augmentation going to take place? Last round I used the ugly spreadsheet option which was good enough simply because it was white, but now even that has gone. Thanks a lot.
We are not looking at keeping the skin list as minimal as it is at the moment. However, we have asked constantly for the public's help with providing us with new skins so we can make the game visually better. As of this moment in time, we have had one submitted.

There will be more skins made by us for Round 22.

-myk-

[email protected]
myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 07:23   #4
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

I thought an incentive to pay for your planet, was to have access to a wide vareity of skins, or are you all just mad ****s?
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 08:24   #5
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

the skin I used for 3 years is gone. I quit.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 08:34   #6
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Some people take the time to design skins, only to read how shitty they all look. I understand that they're not willing to do it anymore.
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 09:25   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Hit the nail on the head there Makhil.
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 09:46   #8
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to do one + redo the portal so it looks nicer, but then some stuff happened & i refused to make anything pa-related again xD

If you don't even get a tiny little bit of respect from certain members of pa-team for making it then i don't see any reason to put any time and effort into making stuff.

Waste of Ink FTW! (people that know what happened will know what i mean with this)

PS: I know the portal lay-out isn't THAT good really, but take into consideration that i had:
a) nothing to work with (pictures, logo's,...)
b) not much time to do it in
c) a real life

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 12:59   #9
myk
PA Team

myk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
I was going to do one + redo the portal so it looks nicer, but then some stuff happened & i refused to make anything pa-related again xD

If you don't even get a tiny little bit of respect from certain members of pa-team for making it then i don't see any reason to put any time and effort into making stuff.

Waste of Ink FTW! (people that know what happened will know what i mean with this)

PS: I know the portal lay-out isn't THAT good really, but take into consideration that i had:
a) nothing to work with (pictures, logo's,...)
b) not much time to do it in
c) a real life
You already know my thoughts on this..

Plus, you think that I don't have the same points you made in b) and c) ?

-myk-

[email protected]
myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 15:19   #10
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk
You already know my thoughts on this..

Plus, you think that I don't have the same points you made in b) and c) ?
You also know that you're not the reason i don't want to do it anymore

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 17:19   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
Some people take the time to design skins, only to read how shitty they all look. I understand that they're not willing to do it anymore.
Maybe they shouldn't design something that looks like a dog vomited all over a maggot-infested bowl of monkey diarrhea then!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma Kat
ILast round I used the ugly spreadsheet option which was good enough simply because it was white, but now even that has gone.
I know I did a light skin for last round, or was that two rounds ago? Not sure why that wouldn't work anymore or why it's gone.
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 18:11   #12
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
I know I did a light skin for last round, or was that two rounds ago? Not sure why that wouldn't work anymore or why it's gone.
It would probabaly be easy enough to convert - its a question of someone having the time to do it. If you'd like to volunteer have a chat with Cin or Myk.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 19:28   #13
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
It would probabaly be easy enough to convert - its a question of someone having the time to do it. If you'd like to volunteer have a chat with Cin or Myk.
My point was that I think the skin is still compatible with the current code, unless something has changed that necessitated the need to remove all the skins that were in place for Round 20 or so.

Given the fact that the last time I checked the code, it still seemed to be at the same stage as when I elaborately discussed it with Cin for the stylesheet I did, I'm not sure why it's not available anymore at the moment; although that may have to do with me only having registered a free account, if there is any truth to the mentioning of having more skin options available on payment as was suggested above.
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 20:58   #14
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
My point was that I think the skin is still compatible with the current code, unless something has changed that necessitated the need to remove all the skins that were in place for Round 20 or so.

Given the fact that the last time I checked the code, it still seemed to be at the same stage as when I elaborately discussed it with Cin for the stylesheet I did, I'm not sure why it's not available anymore at the moment; although that may have to do with me only having registered a free account, if there is any truth to the mentioning of having more skin options available on payment as was suggested above.
The code changed a lot for R21 and has changed a lot again for R22 - each round we are moving more things to CSS and generally moving towards W3C compliance - apaprently an early test version of the overview actually passes a validation test.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 22:19   #15
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
The code changed a lot for R21 and has changed a lot again for R22
When I checked the code a few weeks back, I couldn't find any noticeable changes in the code that I used to build the stylesheet for R20 on, but I'll take your word for it.
Quote:
apaprently an early test version of the overview actually passes a validation test.
That's not as much an achievement as you think it is if you're still checking against a HTML 4.01 Transitional document type!

Now I don't mean to come across as overly negative, but this is an issue that I've raised years ago and which should have been in place for that amount of time. Saying that you're almost at the point where a single test page will conform to the most lenient and basic validation there is, is a case of too little too late, and it leads to the point - as it already has - where you have to spend a lot of time converting stylesheets and dropping them as they become obsolete due to minor changes being continually implemented.
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 22:48   #16
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all

Any chance of being given the updated CSS so people could have a go at making skins?

I would love to have a skin that worked well on a mobile phone (ie. quick and clutter free - no images etc) - one that would be just as simple as possible just text links would be great.
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 01:07   #17
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

As stated before im quite happy before to design skins cos im decent at graphics but afaik i have no templates or ideahow to convert the graphic part into different boxes etc for the webby
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 03:49   #18
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

i think what could be done is a skin competition. Entries would only be with a screenshot of the Overview Page (no need to go to the whole process of building a skin). The community would vote for a top 5, which would be developped as real skins.
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 15:09   #19
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
i think what could be done is a skin competition. Entries would only be with a screenshot of the Overview Page (no need to go to the whole process of building a skin). The community would vote for a top 5, which would be developped as real skins.
Do this before round 23 so i can get a free credit

Unread 6 Jun 2007, 16:13   #20
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

I keep rolling this out once a year

http://planetarion.fresh-lobster.co.uk/

btw i havent checked the code for these for 2 years, so they are pretty messy.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote