User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Mar 2005, 17:20   #1
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough
[Discuss] Hct

I understand why they HCT set is like it is. But I do have a suggestion to speed the early part of the round up. Start with 100 roid cap rather than 50.

Make HCT I cap at 250
HCT II at 250

This removes two HCT levels. Then add 2 levels around 1750 and 4000.

The net effect is the early round progresses faster but the over all number of researches to reach the cap is unchanged so people can't as easily run away with the round. In fact I believe it will even slow a runaway down even more since the later round researches take longer.

Of course I have always been for reducing the total anyway, but at least this way it makes the early round a bit less monotonous.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 19:06   #2
Goafer LX

Goafer LX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Hct

why would u want to speed up the start of the game?
i mean, after that it gets exciting yeah, but this would lead to earlier stagnation!

[INS]Goafer
Goafer LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 20:33   #3
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

More roids initiated early on is a good thing, which means that forcing people to focus on HCT rather than ships and travel tech is a good thing.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 22:04   #4
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

it would be good early round as it would have more roids sooner and more combat sooner...sounds like a win win to me

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 00:32   #5
Conall
There is a better answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goafer LX
why would u want to speed up the start of the game?
i mean, after that it gets exciting yeah, but this would lead to earlier stagnation!
I think by slowing down later HCT levels it would actually extend the game longer. Remember early HCT levels are 12-24 hours if you moved those well back in the sequence then they become 72-96 hours addeding 4-6 days minimum to reach the last HCT research.

At the same time you allow people to get roids they can use more quickly, thus building more ships and getting out of the gates a bit faster. Think about it, most people are still initing roids into HCT III because it makes sense to init them rather than steal them, this would prompt pe9ople to go out and start raiding faster at the start.

And it allows for quicker travel down other research paths.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill

Last edited by Conall; 25 Mar 2005 at 17:22.
Unread 25 Mar 2005, 17:24   #6
Conall
There is a better answer

Re: [Discuss] Hct

Three comments? As many people that have opinions on the tech tree I am a but suprised, particularly since it wasn't flamed right out of the gate.

Comments positive or negative would be welcome.

Sir Winston Churchill
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 13:39   #7
The Seal
*idle*

The Seal is on a distinguished road
Re: [Discuss] Hct

I like HcT as they are. They slow advancement down. They make the cat benefit better and they give a bonus to those who build more research labs during the entire round
And slow growth might benefit ziks who are at a great disadvantage early in the game.

The Seal