User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 6 Dec 2004, 00:03   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
xmas hampers

would it be wrong for me to get one?
i am currently flat broke for 2 weeks until i get paid. and then all that paycheck will go towards bills and i'll be flat broke for another 2 weeks. and then that paycheck will go to leftover bills and rent.
christmas sucks. my roommate's family is coming down for xmas and she doesn't want them to know that we're broke, but i can't really afford to buy groceries and am quite happy living on kraft dinner ( which we cunningly bought 2 cases of a month ago).
anyway, a friend suggested we apply for a chirstmas hamper (incase it's called something different elsewhere it's when people donate food, and then they put some in a box and give it to you). i can live on the soup and other crap we've got in the cupboards for a month. just can't really get stuff like milk and bread. my roommate can prolly afford it but her family eats lots and apparently they're not planning on getting us groceries.
i just feel bad accepting a hamper if there's other people out there in worse situations.
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 00:07   #2
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Re: xmas hampers

if your flatmates family want to eat nice food, instead of what you as their host can provide them, then they are at fault for being "snobbish" not you. if you went round to a friends house and they cooked you dinner, and you turned your nose up at it... who's the bad guy?

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 00:10   #3
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

would you rather have kraft dinner for xmas dinner instead of turkey?
unless you're 6 years old i think anyone would be dissapointed at that :\
though actually if we get a few potatoes i can make perogies and that's at least something nice (ukranian food)
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 00:12   #4
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

it's the principal tho, if they want a flash dinner, maybe they can help?

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 00:14   #5
Aryn
Happy

k
so you're saying don't get one and hope everyone pitches in?
actually i am a bit 'upset' at them. my parents can't even afford to get me a $200 digital camera but her parents (who are supposidly more broke than my parents) can get her and her 11yr old brother everything they wanted this year :\
****ers. all of them.
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 00:17   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wouldn't say it was 'bad' but yeah I'd imagine there are people out there who need it more than you. If I'm understanding this right you're advocating accepting charity simply because you don't want to look embarrassed in front of relatives (not yours, but you know what I mean)?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 00:24   #7
Aryn
Happy

i personally don't care what her family thinks. i cannot afford a turkey and the fixings and that's that. i can't afford to mail presents back home to my parents unt il the 17th and hope it gets there on time. i right now am worried i'll have enough money to take the bus to/from work for the next two weeks.
it's my fault i know for quitting my stupid job and getting a different one that pays less.
i've donated food to the xmas hampers almost every year.
ah fk it. it's not going to be the best xmas this year anyway might as well not care a bout what i'll be eating. at least t his wa yi'll lost weight this season instead of gaining like most people \o/

actually i should prolly just delete this thread as it's pretty retarded. though i haven't whined on the forums in a long time...
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 00:42   #8
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

everyone's allowed a whine now and then.
It could've been worse, you could have linked to a BBC article (or as seems to be the more recent phase, The Times) article on the subject...
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 00:44   #9
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

there's nothing wrong with being broke, her family won't think any less of her for it (unless they're twats)
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 02:25   #10
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

tbh, you give stuff to the hamper every year, this year you need it, take it, its all karma, nxt year when u have money give a bit extra back.
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 06:10   #11
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Aryn, if at any point you are keen on a man in a different country say moving to live with you, you can't accept goverment aid or other things like that(food bank other charitable things)... it's a big black mark on any sponsorship of someone's application to the country, just in case you and phil are going anywhere.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 17:27   #12
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You can't afford turkey?

Seriously, it isn't that expensive. You don't have to go and buy a massive decent turkey from the best butchers in town. I know that (here at least) you can get a decent sized piece of turkey for under a pound. I know because I've bought it. Get a smallish loan off a friend and go budget-christmas-shopping.
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 17:56   #13
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

8pm said canada is cheap

was he lying ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 18:27   #14
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Shall we create a paypal account to help out?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 20:02   #15
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: xmas hampers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Shall we create a paypal account to help out?
Send a turkey to Aryn!
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 20:06   #16
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
8pm said canada is cheap

was he lying ?
Alberta is a province to it's own, Living in Alberta(even Toronto) compared to Rest of Canada cost of living wise is like Living in London compared to the UK cost of living wise.

Alberta is more conservative than most of America.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 20:21   #17
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

sounds a great place to live when i make a fortune from my paddling pool gravy fights empire.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 03:50   #18
Aryn
Happy

canada is cheap for the europeans.. it's not cheap for us
a turkey is like $20 and i'd rather spent that on something usefull.. like a bus pass to get to/from work.
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 03:52   #19
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Have yourself a merry little Christmas, Aryn.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 03:55   #20
Aryn
Happy

actually i think things will be ok.. i dropped a resume off at a pharmacy today so maybe i can get a second job.. and my boss is going to buy me a bus pass (which i feel guilty about and will repay her later)
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 03:58   #21
nick
modest sagacity

nick has a spectacular aura aboutnick has a spectacular aura aboutnick has a spectacular aura about

haha poverty.
nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 04:29   #22
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick
haha poverty.
will remember not to buy a big issue off you when I see you.

and nice one Aryn, try and enjoy xmas, at least little things in life are free like sleeping, walking, sex and tv.
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 00:35   #23
nick
modest sagacity

nick has a spectacular aura aboutnick has a spectacular aura aboutnick has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
will remember not to buy a big issue off you when I see you.

and nice one Aryn, try and enjoy xmas, at least little things in life are free like sleeping, walking, sex and tv.
real poor people beg until they get enough for some crack.
nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 00:41   #24
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

PM me your address, Aryn, and I will send you goodies.
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 01:08   #25
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hampers are a crap idea.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 01:17   #26
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:

Oh my god you are such a comedy genius, my neightbours just called the police because I was rolling wildly over the floor, accidentically rolled off the stairs, crashed through our massive frontdoor, jumped spasticly (still in rollform) over their fence, creating a hole of ****ing laughter in their rosegarden.
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 01:33   #27
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Oh my god you are such a comedy genius, my neightbours just called the police because I was rolling wildly over the floor, accidentically rolled off the stairs, crashed through our massive frontdoor, jumped spasticly (still in rollform) over their fence, creating a hole of ****ing laughter in their rosegarden.
Your girlfriend wears too much eyeliner.
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 01:38   #28
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Your girlfriend wears too much eyeliner.

Hardly actually. On that picture it might give you that impression, due to it being taken in black and white and the angle from which the picture is taken.

Look, this is her right eye from exact the same picture
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 01:38   #29
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Don't criticise the poor woman, she already has the prospect of being nobbed by him to torment her.
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 01:41   #30
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

bonus pic
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 03:22   #31
pig
1up on you

Quote:
comedy legend, gervais will be out of a job i see.
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 18:28   #32
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
PM me your address, Aryn, and I will send you goodies.
i don't want your goodies :eek:
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 18:31   #33
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Lies. You want my goodies hard and fast.