User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 19 Apr 2016, 08:45   #1
Cheggers

Cheggers can only hope to improve
Gal 'Pool' Amps

Just bored sat on the bus on the way to work and couldn't scan someone and I was thinking, man I hate distorters.

Then I'm like, damn, what if the gal could pool together it's collective amps, or better yet, planets have the option to build super amps for the gal, which all planets in that gal could tap into.

Obvs the scans performed by these super gal amps would be extortionate in costs in comparison to usual planet amps, but it would be useful to see what Incs a planet has when they're in bed in the US and the Euros take advantage of that and launch their fleets.

You're welcome
Cheggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2016, 09:34   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Gal 'Pool' Amps

Don't like dists? Make more amps.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2016, 13:08   #3
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I hate attacking and defending, can we find a way to fix this?

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2016, 19:42   #4
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

What do you have ally scanners for? I guess they could put in similar options for galaxy scanners but the idea of pooling amps seems silly - if you are going to do it for a gal why not pool all of an alliance's amps too! Bringing together 10 players amps will make building distorters even more useless. And at the same time it benefits bigger galaxies over small. The only benefit I can see is that scanners may now be more welcome, depending how the scanning were to be controlled.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2016, 08:12   #5
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
I hate attacking and defending, can we find a way to fix this?
They sorted defending for you this round. Just need an alliance attack fleet slot now and the game is perfect
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2016, 00:15   #6
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Now there has been a discussion about wether scanners should be completely removed.
The fact that so many allies has been caught setting up scan bots, like BF, makes you wonder if the correct direction is to have dedicated planets as scanners?
At a minimum, to follow up on the current suggestion, one SHOULD be able to request scans ingal, the same way you request scans in allie, using the galaxy fund to pay for the scans.
There is not much extra coding time needed to add this feature, and it would be a good reason to not automaticly exile scanners for "top gals".
A scanner does bring much less to some gals than planets adding score.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2016, 01:48   #7
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I made a long post years ago, and one of my ideas was "different ways to play"...playing as a dedicated scan planet was one of those things. I've been a scanner before.

Not sure I care for the "pooling" of galaxy amps, but there should be some incentive to keep scanners in top gals, as BB mentioned. Perhaps make Ministers useful again, and incorporate that into the MoW perhaps?

Just throwing out ideas here. Also big thanks to the #scans folks, finally used their services this round for some jgp's and always had requested scans done before the tick, with time to spare.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2016, 01:47   #8
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

Request a scan from Galaxy? - Yes we need this feature would definitely encourage galaxies to keep scanners. Great for the game. Would maybe also encourage some galaxies to designate a planet ingal to build amps for good of the gal - would be a great dynamic adding this feature to galaxies.

Pooling amps- No. Distorter/Amp balance is okay at the minute I think. I would even go far to say I'd prefer the Unit scan wasn't blocked by distorters to make distorter a more favourable route for Ter/Zik. But will probably fall on deaf ears.

Great progress though - lets get that galaxy scanner feature in!
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2016, 08:35   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj View Post
But will probably fall on deaf ears.
Unfortunately, it probably will. In my opinion, the balance has swung way too far in favour of amps. If you look at the ranks of the top disters in the Misc Stats threads in SD, you'll see what I mean.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote