User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 28 Aug 2005, 22:46   #1
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
People stirring up trouble

I got this rep today

"Shut up retard - Yahwe"

now, normally i would write this off as yahwe being rude, as we all know he can be. I would be a little annoyed, perhaps question him about the brusqueness of it all, etc.

however, the blob is grey, rather than red, so i can only assume that it is someone with little or no rep who is simply trying to stir up trouble. This kind of thing is surely not much good, and certainly not "the done thing". It all adds to the file for further indictment of the rep system, which should go for a number of reasons. Not least that I am only on 4000 and that makes me sad

anyway, anyone going to admit to it?

pre edit: thought not

P.S i suppose its fairly likely that i'll get neg repped for whining about the rep system; if you were only considering doing it, but havent actually done so yet, let me make up your mind for you:

You're an idiot
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 22:50   #2
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: People stirring up trouble

I think for those who are impotent rep-wise who are shooting blanks if there could be an indication of what it SHOULD be, whether it is pos or neg reap as some people leave no message and it interests me.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 22:53   #3
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

the whole idea is shite
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 22:56   #4
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

now some of us have passed 10k, it's game over and should be removed
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 23:22   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
now some of us have passed 10k, it's game over and should be removed
Yes, but i heard why you are there. What with your "pact" to pos rep each other with flavius and some other folk. I quite like you, but **** me that isnt half for faggots, seriously.

The rep system has indeed been a huge failure. If everyone knew who repped each other, it would

a/ Encourage people to think about the concequences of repping someone

b/ Encourage flaming, ie, good banter.

Another thing, i havent counted HOW many green blobs it is, but everyone above (i presume around) 1000 has the same number of green blobs. Why ****ing have them if they are so ****ing useless, seriously? Only the newest or shittest posters have red, or a small number or green blobs.

Or how about theres no way of "sorting by reputation" in the search users? There says there is, but nope. What about the fact that "whos online" is now disabled so you cant guess who is neg repping you? Were not here to protect identities, **** sake.

Seriously though, the whole thing is a failure. I-X has shown its a complete joke, deliberately or otherwise and after a significant amount of time, the cream hasnt risen to the top. There is absolutely no way the best poster on these boards is Marilyn Manson, seriously.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 23:26   #6
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Almost all of mine are for individual posts, where someone either agreed with something I said or found it funny. There was a small rep abuse problem in the early days but I was never a part of it, and I resent the implication that I was. Find old threads from when it was made public, and I'm pretty sure you'll find something from me condemning it
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 23:42   #7
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

deffeh in being angry about the internet shocker :-(((
(oh and why did you neg rep me for a post i made in 2002?)

back to point :

the anonymity thing was put in place because noone wouldve used it otherwise. it was tried with no anonymity and it didnt work. because theres no comprimise it was the lesser of two crap selections (ideally you should be able to tick a box saying 'anonymous' or whatever)
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 23:45   #8
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The only thing people had problems with was that past rep was no longer anonymus which is still shit - if you had something to say then, you should have something to say now.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 00:00   #9
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Recently I've been getting neg-reps for either:

a) using Opera
b) my taste in music
c) for making a useful suggestion to Dace (which he took)

99% left with no names.

I agree with 1-X, Embroglio and Deffeh. It's a sham and a failure really. Take it off.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 00:29   #10
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim

back to point :

the anonymity thing was put in place because noone wouldve used it otherwise. it was tried with no anonymity and it didnt work. because theres no comprimise it was the lesser of two crap selections (ideally you should be able to tick a box saying 'anonymous' or whatever)
You see, youve just made yourself look like an idiot by proving my point

You only know it was me that neg repped you for a post in 2002 because you used your admin skills. The day i neg repped everyone for old posts we were on #forums showing old "vintage" threads, and i signed them "Dr Who".

I'm angry about everything, the only problem is you still think its a gimmick rather than an attitude. At the very least sort out the ****ing blobs, jesus christ.

Unread 29 Aug 2005, 00:45   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Jesus Christ cannot save this thread from an onslaught of anonymous negrep!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 00:49   #12
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Jesus Christ cannot save this thread from an onslaught of anonymous negrep!
I would think he has more important things to do.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 00:53   #13
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
I would think he has more important things to do.
Brush up on his carpentry, or perhaps spend some time dismissing stories about him and Mary Magdalene doing the horizontal mambo?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 00:55   #14
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Brush up on his carpentry, or perhaps spend some time dismissing stories about him and Mary Magdalene doing the horizontal mambo?
I'll be sure to ask next time he drops by.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 00:58   #15
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

i wholeheartedly expect to be negged to ****ing hell, which will ironically make me feel better because itll vindicate my "people are idiots" theory

Unread 29 Aug 2005, 01:03   #16
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
i wholeheartedly expect to be negged to ****ing hell, which will ironically make me feel better because itll vindicate my "people are idiots" theory
I'm pretty sure this ones been proved already.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 01:04   #17
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
surely thats the kind of theory you don't want to be proven? Unless you are some megolamaniac type person who wants to conquer the world or something

the lack of positivity amongst and faith in the rest of the population found within intelligent people upsets me
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 01:05   #18
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
the lack of positivity amongst and faith in the rest of the population found within intelligent people upsets me
Some people think there is intelligent life on other planets.

I'm still waiting to find it on this one.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 01:08   #19
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

what sort of world are you ****ing living in, seriously? I bet you believe that "everyone has a chance if they merely apply themselves", too.

People are fundamentallly complete ****ing arseholes. Its easy to be fooled otherwise because everyone (even me) harbours a desire for some sort of social interaction, be it conversation, or intercourse. It doesnt change the fact that no one really cares about owt you say unless it concerns them.

Distrusting people is a very sensible way to go. If you dont play with fire, you dont get burned. If you dont expect anything, youll never be dissapointed. I am constantly ****ing enraged by people who think either a positive attitude or a better outlook or whatver will make you less poor / more happy / more content.

Unread 29 Aug 2005, 01:15   #20
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim

back to point :

can we have it turned back on now so we can see who neg reped us? for greater comedy etc
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 01:28   #21
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You see, youve just made yourself look like an idiot by proving my point

You only know it was me that neg repped you for a post in 2002 because you used your admin skills. The day i neg repped everyone for old posts we were on #forums showing old "vintage" threads, and i signed them "Dr Who".

I'm angry about everything, the only problem is you still think its a gimmick rather than an attitude. At the very least sort out the ****ing blobs, jesus christ.

my admin skills involving me clicking the usercp button and it being there right before my eyes in black and white in a little column.....

ill take a screenshot if you want.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 01:31   #22
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
the whole idea is shite
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 01:31   #23
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

if i am forced, i i were forced i should say, to talk about the rep system (which has always seemed silly to me) then i would point out the tyranny of post counts.

a huge post count gives you massive power to alter other peoples rep. on what basis? you spam a lot?
that gives the 'old school' an appalling influence over the new. (and this is not self interest i would point out since i am a higher than average poster with over 3,000 posts in less than a year)

i can see the justification for rep points increasing your rep power but not post count.

of course i would also point out that since mods can see who neg reps them, no one, no real members, will neg rep mods (except deffeh when he sees red). mods get more rep altering power just because they are mods. that is all mods of all forums.

yet somehow...

... somehow only mm has any rep to speak of among the mods. heh. i do have to smirk at the fact that while no one may be brave enough to neg rep the mods. no one seems to pos rep them either. despite their efforts to protect themselves, like petty little dictators or corrupt small town policemen. heh
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 01:35   #24
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

I pos rep and neg rep as i please. I have pos rep and neg repped you and signed both. I have pos repped and neg repped manson and signed each. Your arrogance never fails to astound me, how you can wonderfully dismiss people and trends, mock others for free speech, and try and claim some sort of social-contract monopoly on the boards.

Unread 29 Aug 2005, 01:43   #25
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
what sort of world are you ****ing living in, seriously?
A much more enjoyable one than you
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 05:28   #26
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

we're an oligarchy, so what.

generally, I don't neg rep, unless you've really been shit. It takes a lot.

If i like a post, i'll rep it.

If people are cocks enough to abuse the system, we might as well get rid of it, as tbh half of it doesn't mean shit if there are people faggotish enough to agree to rep each other.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 05:46   #27
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I too got the "retard" neutral/rep. I found it rather accurate, however, as a retard I didn't understand the "shut up" part.

The rep system is mildly amusing. I would suggest that it be reset to 0. It would be more interesting to know what a persons average score per rep was. It would mean somehow keeping track of the number of posts once rep points were zeroed out. An example would be that someone with 4,200 rep points and 700 posts would have a 6.0 rating. And maybe your rating would only be based on your last 6 months of posts or last 1,000 posts or some such. Probably a pain to set up but it would be interesting. 1 blob for each .5 of rating with no maximum on the number of blobs?
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 07:43   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

At this point I'd support introducing visible rep for the simple reason that we haven't had it yet and new things are fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahwe
... somehow only mm has any rep to speak of among the mods. heh. i do have to smirk at the fact that while no one may be brave enough to neg rep the mods. no one seems to pos rep them either. despite their efforts to protect themselves, like petty little dictators or corrupt small town policemen. heh
What am I, invisible?
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 09:13   #29
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Another thing, i havent counted HOW many green blobs it is, but everyone above (i presume around) 1000 has the same number of green blobs. Why ****ing have them if they are so ****ing useless, seriously? Only the newest or shittest posters have red, or a small number or green blobs.
its 11

County McCounterson
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 09:42   #30
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That was hardly the point.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 10:05   #31
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i find the whole system kind of useless. if you dont like what someone said, press the quote-button and tell the guy what you dont like about it. that way he is at least able to reply to it.
as an alternative, stop signing them. i never (or almost never) sign mine and that even though i never negrepped anyone. yes, if you negrepp someone and sign it, it means that you stand by that (either that or that someone else did it). if you posrep someone and sign it it just looks like you want that person to posrep you aswell. thats hardly the point of the system, is it? it turns it just into another, private forum in which you cant even reply.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 11:19   #32
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

just banned the fella for great justice
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 11:55   #33
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Well I make my point again. We should abolish the poster rep system and undertake a thread rating system instead. Ergo don't punnish the poster for being a shit person, punnish the thread for being a shit post.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 12:20   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

I'd agree with that if the threads were what was responsible for making shit posts. I do think it helps when decent posters see that they are accepted through the rep system and for me this counter-balances the negative of shit posters becoming annoyed at having their shitness pointed out to them.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 12:24   #35
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

I just don't see the point of thread ratings. Most of the football threads are probably 'good' if you're interested in football. I'm sure all of the physics threads are interesting and 'good' but I know shit all about physics and if I wanted to find out I wouldn' t do it on an internet forum. What would the ratings actually do? Am I wildly missing the point?

Re the rep system, more than anything I have found it interesting to see who reps for what. I'd say 95% of my rep has been signed, neg rep is more commonly not signed than positive. It also seems that the same people rep me quite often - and these are people I don't particularly know so I assume they just like my posting for whatever reason. Most of my rep has come from either jokey posts or my occasional rantings. It would be nice if people would sign their rep, I don't see the point of it otherwise, although I am more interested in the comment - why do you think it's a good/shit post? Or are you just repping me because you like/dislike my taste in music?

Re repping the mods. It's scarily true - I don't recall ever repping a mod either +ive or -ive. I probably have I just can't remember. I'm pretty sure I have never repped JJ but then I have made my feelings pretty clear about him and I don't see the point. I don't think I have ever repped MM. I don't recall seeing a single post of his that stood out enough to be repped. I rep rarely and only when I REALLY think it's deserved. Unless I'm drunk - then I possibly rep at random.

Yadda...

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 12:27   #36
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i think thread ratings wouldnt work here. most threads dont stay longer than a day or so. if a thread has a few pages of replies (and no football-tag ) you can guess there is something interesting inside as it is.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 12:40   #37
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

I want to be able to pos rep Dante for his LiveJournal. Make it so.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 12:42   #38
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
if you posrep someone and sign it it just looks like you want that person to posrep you aswell. thats hardly the point of the system, is it? it turns it just into another, private forum in which you cant even reply.
I don't think thats true, i sign all mine, and i dont expect to get rep back from people just because i rep them. There are people ive repped who have never repped me back, and vice versa. Its not an issue, its just the way it is.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 12:50   #39
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Ok - who the **** just repped me with 'girl on the internet'

I'm a WOMAN damn you! A WOMAN!

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 13:05   #40
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I sign all my reps - positive and negative, although there are a few in the latter category. However, I can understand why people don't, given that I've been neg repped straight back because they disagree with why I neg repped.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 13:08   #41
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I agree with Deffeh and Yahwe (hurrah).

1. The idea that post counts influence rep so heavily is stupid - quality not quantity.

2. I think reps should be revealed, and people get less worried that if they neg-rep someone, then that person will neg-rep back. People getting personal and returning reps is faggy (both for positive and negative) in a "wow you repped me so i'll rep you way" - i mean come on, that's not what it's for.

3. The thing Deffeh mentioned before with 1-X, Flavius and a few others just repping each other in a group is pretty gay too. It's not a competition of "who can get the most green blobs?! Gotta catch 'em all!". It's pretty immature too

Anyway, we all know this thread will have more discussions about reps, and then we'll stay with what the current situation is... again. It's what always happens.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 13:23   #42
Stew
Made of Twigs

Re: 3.
I'm pretty sure 1-X wasn't involved in it. 1-X ahs such high rep because he is very useful/helpful, cracks corny jokes, does some photoshopping and also, probably, because he happens to give out a lot of rep.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 13:40   #43
1-X
overtired

Thank you Stew and damn you Tomkat

Tomkat made the thread exposing it at the time.

He posted the messages he'd received inviting him to join, and naming those involved (with the names blanked out) so he knows I wasn't on them.

The rep system may be insignificant but the lie that I'd cheat to get some harms my real (well, internet) reputation.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 13:58   #44
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh, that's true actually. I remember now.

Sorry 1-X
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 15:11   #45
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood

What am I, invisible?
dead

You are dead to me.

From this day forth I have no son!
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 15:20   #46
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I can't believe people actually give a shit either way.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 15:52   #47
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

I`m fair when it comes to repping. I always sign my name; except in one person case where I was annoyed, and probably still am; I know who the good guys are. Cheers X-1.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 16:52   #48
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
of course i would also point out that since mods can see who neg reps them, no one, no real members, will neg rep mods (except deffeh when he sees red). mods get more rep altering power just because they are mods. that is all mods of all forums.

yet somehow...

Oh do shut up, would you?

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 16:55   #49
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

My reds are longer than your "E-penis"
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 17:15   #50
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
My reds are longer than your "E-penis"
They get shinier towards the end too. Our green blobs don't have that kind of snazziness