User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:07   #1
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
There really are some ****ing morons in the world

I work in a pub/restaurant as a waiter, or on other days as a kiosk worker. The kiosk is a little room connected to the restaurant (next door to it) which we open when it's hot outside so we can sell ice creams etc. This saves the waiters a lot of trouble, as people who want to eat outside can just order light meals from the kiosk.

I've only worked in there for a few shifts, but I've already come to realise that, generally, people are stupid. Very stupid.

For instance, the amount of people who ask where the sugar for their drinks is astounds me. Beneath the 'window' of the kiosk there is a shelf, which is about inline with most peoples chests, perhaps a little lower. On this shelf we keep the sugar packets (clearly marked 'SUGAR'). Now, when people are ordering, the box of packets is easily in their sight line. I have to withhold from making offensive remarks, so resort to sarcasm, suggesting that if they focus their vision to objects nearer their eye they might see it, or if they lower their eyes a few degrees they might find what they are looking for. It makes matters worse when they pick it up and ask if it's sugar. "No I just thought I'd make a funny by making you put salt (cleverly hidden in packets labeled sugar) in your drinks. Because I wouldn't be fired!"

The best ones are people who refuse to accept my mathematical advice. We offer cream teas for about £2.50, which includes 2 scones, jam, clotted cream and a pot of tea. Now, some people want to order all of the 'ingredients' without asking for a cream tea. This adds up to about £4, so I suggest ordering a cream tea. They generally reply, "No, I want [blah blah blah]", so I just put a cream tea in the till and keep the difference.

In the village there are a lot of old people, and as can be expected, their brains aren't in mint condition. When I'm waiting on Sunday afternoons I dread it when the all come in, in a huge group for their cream teas. They all expect to get a seat (without booking for like a group of 20), and create a fuss if they can't sit immediatly. Then, they complain when we can't get all of their food out at the same time. They also don't tip. However, the worst part is when some of them come up to the 'counter'(that connects to the bar - the bar and the restaurant are in different rooms). Many of them, rather than ask for the bill, repeat what they consumed. Now, when normal people do this you think they are ordering food. From experience, I make sure to check with old people, but some are rather unhelpful. One time the old man said "3 toasted teacakes and 3 pots of tea". I asked if that was what he had, or if he wanted more. He didn't respond. So I asked him if he wanted the bill, and he said no. Then I asked if he was leaving, and he said "no no no!". So, I added the things to his bill, and tell him they will be a few minutes. Then, he says "no no I want to pay for them", contradicting what he had said before. So I have to go and hunt down the key for the till and try to refund it, with the boss shouting at me for ****ing up, despite it not being my fault.

There are also quite a few middle aged retards. One couple came into the restaurant in the period after breakfast and before lunch and just sat down at a table (we have to sit people at a table, it's not open to anyone). I was busy preparing cuttlery and didn't notice for a bit. Then they basically shouted 'excuse me!'. I casually walked over and asked what they wanted. They then asked for 2 coffees. I told them to go outside to the kiosk, and told them they shouldn't have sat down without asking, as politely as I could. They then refused to move, and said they wanted coffee inside. I said "tough", and they looked genuinely shocked and stormed out, saying "we're regulars you know! we shan't be coming here again". I replied "I've worked here for a year and I've never seen you before", and they just went bright red. Luckily the boss wasn't about or I'd have probably been blamed for the disruption.

Now, you all share your problems with customers. I will probably add more when I think of them. They are often a lot worse than this.

tl;dr - people are retarded
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:10   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
for the tl;dr crew:

huh has **** people skills
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:13   #3
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

I have little patience for people who need to be spoonfed.
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:16   #4
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
People who have ordinary jobs are suckers whitout balls*

Anyways, i feel for you. It's hard working whit people, i know, i've done it myself. Just sit back, and wait for the magic moments in life where there actually is a nice person in your store/resturant. Then spoil them away in public view, making more people want to be nice!
Or, think about when you can torment young people who take all the **** jobs. I think it's a cycle.

*Sorry, i've watched to many gangstermovies lately
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:19   #5
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

It's just a summer job now until I go off to uni, so I'm not really taking it very seriously now. I've only really mentioned the customers - the boss is probably the one person in the world I truely hate, and wouldn't mind killing them if I thought I could get away with it.
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:21   #6
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You treat people appallingly with no consideration for their feelings and you are patronising,rude, condescending and unhelpful. If we had a vacancy, I would offer you a job with my company working in IT.

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:28   #7
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
You treat people appallingly with no consideration for their feelings and you are patronising,rude, condescending and unhelpful. If we had a vacancy, I would offer you a job with my company working in IT.

Vaio
i need a job....you stupid, arrogant twat
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:30   #8
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

Vaio
Work for someone whos described himself repeatedly as the biggest bastard known to mankind.

THERES A JOB OFFER YOU JUST CANT REFUSE!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:30   #9
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
haha you're a waiter.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:37   #10
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
i need a job....you stupid, arrogant twat
You stupid, arrogant twat SIR

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:40   #11
Ragnarak

Quote:
You stupid, arrogant twat SIR

Vaio
if you're paying my wages i'd call u anything you want
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:45   #12
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
personally i take the be nice to them and ignore the assholes approach, if im extra special to nice people and not bothered about mean people, i fprget about the assholes

No matter what i do though, i cant forget about management
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:46   #13
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

I'm in a pissed off mood after arguing with the boss, I tend to take it out on the customers. If they ask for a coke or something, I will offer them a straw (very patronisingly) even if their are a middle aged adult (we have quite a high percentage of 'disabled' children in the area). Also, I look them up and down and then ask if they want diet coke. It sounds seemingly harmless, but if they thought about it they could take offense. They haven't picked up on it yet surprisingly.

I also try to mess with them, like pretending to check for somethng in the basement (ala Simpsons) or stare at them after they order and see how long it takes to get a reaction. Or when they come up I'll order a calippo and see what they say.
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:50   #14
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by huh
I have little patience for people who need to be spoonfed.
then you are in the wrong job

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
*Sorry, i've watched to many gangstermovies lately
there is no excuse for this

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2003, 23:52   #15
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh

there is no excuse for this
Of course there are, i just don't have any handy
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 00:00   #16
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
I work in Oxford Street, in a mobile phone store, now the problem I have, is that 95% of people who come shopping on Oxford Street, speak english as a second language. Now, with most of them, you can genuinely pick up enough of what they're saying, to work out what exactly it is they want.

Now, working in a mobile phone shop, we generally deal with the other side of phones as well, not just selling them, but explaining how to work them, how to send picture messages, dealing with insurance claims, that sort of thing.

And insurance claims are always the best one. Now, we being salesmen generally encourage people to take insurance when they buy a mobile phone, not only does it mean that if their phone is stolen, they dont have to see out a contract without a mobile phone, but it also means that we get an extra £2 commission per sale.

However, denied insurance claims are without the single biggest problem you could ever face. You see, despite all the things set in place to stop mobile phone fraud, and to cut down on people making false claims, there are still a tonne of foriegn retards who think they can get away with it.

Now, when you make a phone call from your sim card, hell, when you turn a phone on with a sim card inside it, we can tell what make / model / serial number of phone you are using, dont ask me how, we just can. So, somebody buys a 7210 from us on a contract, 1 month later they come back saying they've lost it and they want to do an insurance claim, no problem there, we go through the motions, call to the insurance department... 'Customer has been using a 3310 for the past two weeks, its going to be denied I'm afraid' - Great, now I have to explain this to the customer using words of only 1 sylable, without being offensive.

You see, our system is infalable, it works. Its something that a lot of money has been chucked at, we know it works, and its saving us a fortune in the long run, however, people think that standing their and lying will simply defeat a system that cost tens of millions of pounds... you can already see where this is going cant you?
'Sir, our system... erm, the computer... tells us that you have been using a Nokia 3310 for the past 2 weeks'
'No No, I use 7210, look, here reciept, I buy 7210 from your shop'
'Yes, I see what you bought, but you havent been using that phone have you?'
'I have insurance, you give me 7210!'
'But you havent been using the 7210, which is why your claim was denied'
'I HAVE INSURANCE, GIVE ME PHONE OR I CANCEL CONTRACT'
'You cant do that, you signed for 12 months....'
'I want to speak your manager, he give me phone!'

Repeat this, around 3 times a day. And then add to it the 'delights' of having to send peoples phones off for repair. You see, sometimes phones go wrong of their own accord, it happens, just like your car, and other times, phones go wrong due to other reasons, the most common one being the fact that the user is a complete tosspot.

Now, our repair policy is quite good, if the phone is within 2 weeks, we'll exchange it, simple. If the phone is over 2 weeks but less than 2 months, it depends... ifs its over 2 months, it has to go back to the manufacturer for repair, still free of charge. And over 12 months, well, forget it sunshine.

Now, one thing about manufacturers warrantys, funnily enough they dont cover water damage or physical damage, like if you rammed your car into a steel bollard, you couldnt take it to Ford and expect them to fix it for free, but you wouldnt believe the amount of retards that expect you to fix it for them.

You see, water damage is one of those things that cannot be repaired, because once the circuits have corroded, you have to change the whole main board to be sure it wont go wrong again, and thats not financially viable. Now then, guy comes in to pick up a phone that has come back marked 'water damaged' from repair..

'I've had this phone 8 months and now you're telling me its not been fixed?'
'No, water damage isnt covered by a manufacturers warranty...'
'I dont care, you've obviously sold me a dodgy phone then, because I certainly didnt get it wet.'
'If the phone was water damaged when we sold it to you, it wouldnt have lasted this long, are you sure you didnt leave it in the bathroom when you had a shower or something...'
'I certainly did not and dont you dare accuse me of damaging the phone, I want a replacement.'
'Ok, because the phone is water damaged, and you dont have insurance, I'm afraid there is nothing I can do...'
'You're telling me you'll only replace the phone if I had insurance now, what kind of company are you?'

Ok, by now I'm just about losing my temper, so I tend to speak a little bit slower, a little bit louder, and trying to make things as simple as possible.

'The phone is water damaged, water damage is NOT something covered under a manufacturers warranty as its not a fault with the phone, its something that has HAPPENED to the phone after you bought it'
'If I buy a telly from Currys and its go wrong they fix it for me...'
'Yes, but if you bought a telly from Currys and then tipped a bucket of water down the back of it, they'd probably be telling you what I am now...'
'But I didnt chuck a bucket of water over my phone, it just stopped working on its own'
'YES, because of WATER DAMAGE...'
'Listen, you better replace this phone for me or I'm going to stand outside and tell everybody coming in that you guys sell dodgy phones...'
'Ok, I cant replace the phone, because the damage it has suffered is something that happened while it was in your possession, and as such is NOT covered by the manufacturer.'

So the moron spends the next 2 hours standing outside the shop, warning everybody that we sell dodgy phones. To piss him off a bit more I went outside and offered him a cup of tea.

These are the type of retards I deal with every day, and you think your job is bad?

Pffft

Rids
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 00:02   #17
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Of course there are, i just don't have any handy
I watched the Entire Godfather Trilogy last weekend , and id appreciate anyone recommending some good Gangster flicks in this thread.
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 00:06   #18
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
I watched the Entire Godfather Trilogy last weekend , and id appreciate anyone recommending some good Gangster flicks in this thread.
Ok

there you go.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 00:09   #19
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:
As in "serious" : Goodfellas. Sopranos.(series) Bugsy. And now, that i was going to show off my great knowlenge of gangster movies/series, i got a "iron curtain". I will, however, consult whit a good friend of mine on the morrow to ask him about these types of films, as he's a total "addict". And then, maybe i can give some better advice, as you probably know all about those three anyways
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 00:09   #20
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
Mobile Phone Stuff
My Sister also works for a phone shop, she also gets people like this all the time, like youshe has a "i take no **** now **** off" policy

btw you heard about the people from phones4u

apparently a certain mobile phone shop has been told directly from the top guy to go to the local phones4u shop and rub theyre faces in it

phone companies have a lot of "stab-in-bactury" it seems
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 00:11   #21
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
btw you heard about the people from phones4u
Having been off work for 2 weeks, cant say I have?

Care to enlighten me?

As there is a phones4u next door to me, and I would love to go in there and rub their noses in something.
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 00:12   #22
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Having been off work for 2 weeks, cant say I have?

Care to enlighten me?

As there is a phones4u next door to me, and I would love to go in there and rub their noses in something.
all sales consultants have not been paid for last month

rub away
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 00:14   #23
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
all sales consultants have not been paid for last month

rub away
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

One of those twats mouthed off to me about 'Yeah but we earn more money than you do' before I left.

I thank you highly.
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 00:18   #24
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: There really are some ****ing morons in the world

Quote:
Originally posted by huh

I work in a restaurant called 'The Pancake Place'. We regularly have people coming in and asking if we sell pancakes. People aren't stupid. They're ****ing retarded.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 00:22   #25
Rids
The Bad Guy

Re: Re: There really are some ****ing morons in the world

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarina_Joy
I work in a restaurant called 'The Pancake Place'.
Do you sell Pancakes?

Or are the waitresses flat chested?
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 00:22   #26
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
I work in a restaurant called 'The Pancake Place'. We regularly have people coming in and asking if we sell pancakes. People aren't stupid. They're ****ing retarded.
perhaps they think they are amusing

like those customers who see something without a price label and blurt out "its free!", they sure are original!

EDIT: fixed freudlian slip :ninja:
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 00:30   #27
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Re: Re: There really are some ****ing morons in the world

Quote:
Do you sell Pancakes?

Or are the waitresses flat chested?
Both.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 00:46   #28
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

One of those twats mouthed off to me about 'Yeah but we earn more money than you do' before I left.

I thank you highly.

Take one of the display phones and take some pictures of their faces after you tell them.

Benefits of new cameras having phones
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 02:57   #29
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
all my junkies are cleverer than your "normal people"

ahahahaha

=D
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 09:52   #30
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
I had a job at Focus DIY. Once I was putting some stuff on shelves, or maybe moving something (I don't remember), but anyway there was this middle-aged woman stood about 10m away from me, just looking at me. Everytime I looked at her, she kind of raised her eyebrows or something. At first I didn't realise, but it became obvious she wanted my attention.

Now, I figure if she wants something, she can just walk over and ask. You know, like normal people do? So I carry on with the job. Eventually I finish and walk past her, at which point she goes "I've been watching you for a long time now" in this really arrogant voice. I replied "oh really? well... I'm flattered of course, but..."

I guess it was one of those "had to be there" moments, but the look on her face was amazing. She just went bright red and left the store.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 14:23   #31
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
A mod encouraging people to go off topic, shocking!

Donnie Brasco is a good movie, very different role for Al Pacino. Goodfellas is also very good obviously.

I've seen a bit of Casino (the end :/ ) and what I saw looked good. Might be worth checking it out.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 14:38   #32
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Get Carter (the original one without any mention of Stallone)

The Long Good Friday

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 15:04   #33
plasmas_arms
Banned

plasmas_arms is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

This is why I hate any job that means dealing with the public.

my reassuring experience with 'customers': Neurosurgery conference,many smart delegates, only two (out of about 50) of them that didnt argue that 'sugar lumps' were not 'sugar' and I dont mean they wanted loose sugar they just did not believe that sugar came in 'lumps' ....that it was not physically possibly and they were going argue the point....after all they are neurosurgeons and I was just a waiter what the hell would I know.
plasmas_arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 15:34   #34
Snurx
Dirte

Scarface. I can't belive i forgto Scarface!
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 15:49   #35
Snurx
Dirte

Hello Idimmu! Saw your spidery-woman, i did almost lose sleep, you know!
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 15:51   #36
sinnamon xie
teens1ut

sinnamon xie is an unknown quantity at this point
I work in a hospital and you would not believe the amount of people who walk up to my desk and ask me where their "husband" or "wife" or some other loved one is without giving me a name. Then when I ask for a name, they seem offended.

Also the amount of patients that complain about the accomodations of the hospital is just amazing. It's a hospital fs, yet they expect 5 star hotel service.

But I really have yet to be rude to a patient/visitor. Though I have had arguments with other departments (ie Radiology or Lab) because they are generally wankers.

And don't even get me started on the actual doctors

[M&S]
sinnamon xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2003, 16:26   #37
warrmr

warrmr is an unknown quantity at this point
well i dont have the pleasure of working with the public other than delivery dudes. but i can say that genrally that most water/watresses and bar staff are stupid/dumb what ever(i dunno if its liek this at every place but here i go with my rant)

im a sweets cheff/pot washer so occasianly i have to wash dishes no problem there (its interesting flirting with the watresses hell im goin out with 1 of them) but for soem reason they cant stack plates to save there lives and wonder why the desk runs out of room. then it jus gets higher and stuff starts falling off on them. how hard is it to tell the difference between a salad bowl and a dinner plate. or a saucer and a sideplate. yet they can do crap out in the restorant and can tell the diff altho some still cant when i make them deserts and there are no side plates on my desk they are the other side of the kitchen they put the deserts on a saucer. altho they just have to walk accross the kitchen and get 1.

now bar staff there slightly more intelegent altho still pretty dumb. ok at the bar theres a trolly called a snacks trolly(where dirty plates get stacked to be braught to the kitchen. now this is sposed to come round every hour in busy times and asy every 3 on quiet periods and its also sposed to be braught round at 10pm for the last time. this trolly only gets braught round when every we get it. and they bring it round after we have started putting the filters through or when were nearly closed down ready to walk out. now they shoudl wash it by hand and not leave it over night on that trolly as it encorages rats. but they dont they leave it for us in the morning.

the next is for all staff that work out and bring plates n stuff in. when we are closing down and we have or are cleaning the table down to start doing the floors they put dirty stuff on the table so we have to do it again. or say your putting cutlery into the cutlery basket they will throw it in the bowl for u to take ti out and put it in the cutlery baskey.

next there is a rule in the kitchen you make the mess you clean it sounds fair to me but it doesnt apply to the water/watressses they make a mess we clean it or so they think. why shoudl they make more work for us kitchem people to do. hell i have had enuff jobs to do today.
1) make garlic bread
2) chop roast veg
3) clean back coridor
4)put delivery away
5) move boxes from delivery to the bins
6) empty bottle skips
7) sweep and mop the fridge
and while doing all that keep the kitchen tydy do potwash and make deserts.
warrmr is offline   Reply With Quote