User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 19:21   #1
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point
Planetarion computer game?

Is there a PC version of planetarion. When I played a few years ago, a Norwegian galaxy mate told me that 'planetarion' was released in Norway? Is this true, and if anyone knows where I can get a copy, could you let me know!

(although I concede that this is probably unlikely)...
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 19:24   #2
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough
Re: Planetarion computer game?

wrong forum and no
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 19:26   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This game is the PC version of planetarion.
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 19:28   #4
Gary
xVx Peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
This game is the PC version of planetarion.

Well that goes without saying, but I was wondering if a particular round was ever released on general sale, and NOT merely confined to the internet...
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 19:29   #5
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN
a Norwegian galaxy mate told me that 'planetarion' was released in Norway?
He lied.

Thread tennis anyone?
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 19:30   #6
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

go ahead

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 19:34   #7
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

i'm level 25
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 19:35   #8
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The board game is scheduled for release in the 2nd quarter of 2005. It's going to be a bit like monopoly but instead of buying properties you just get annoyed because the dice don't work properly and then quit playing after 10 minutes.
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 19:36   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
The board game is scheduled for release in the 2nd quarter of 2005. It's going to be a bit like monopoly but instead of buying properties you just get annoyed because the dice don't work properly and then quit playing after 10 minutes.
They will ship temporary replacement dice out to you though, so not all is lost.
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 19:37   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There used to be a Planetarion Offline game available, produced by someone going by the forum name MrLobster. However, he has not visited since October 30th, and the site in question is no longer available, so getting your hands on a copy might prove difficult.

Obviously, the offline game was not perfect, and no substitute for the real thing by a long shot.
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 19:38   #11
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
They will ship temporary replacement dice out to you though, so not all is lost.
They'd better send a replacement instruction manual too because my box seems to contain the instructions for Risk
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 19:46   #12
Gary
xVx Peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
There used to be a Planetarion Offline game available, produced by someone going by the forum name MrLobster. However, he has not visited since October 30th, and the site in question is no longer available, so getting your hands on a copy might prove difficult.

Obviously, the offline game was not perfect, and no substitute for the real thing by a long shot.

See, that's all I wanted to know. I recognise it would not be as good as the real thing, but its the kind of game I would play if I got bored staying up late covering defence calls That or Quake 3 arena.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 00:58   #13
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

You would actually stay up just to cover defense calls?

**** off and get a real life for christs sake!
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 01:36   #14
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Offline Planetarion.... That would be sooooo boring.. there way better simulair mass space planets thingy offline games..
Some even customizale into stuff that resembles PA.. like Space Empires 4 (which sux)..
but its definatly not worth the effort..

Their is some old offline PA game thingy around tho.. (and it sucked)

yes this whole brainless post of moi sucked.. wooohooo!!
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 02:00   #15
Gary
xVx Peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
You would actually stay up just to cover defense calls?

**** off and get a real life for christs sake!
Well, im a student, and I stay up late with my housemates anyway. There's no harm going back to the computer for five minutes every tick to make sure everything is ok.

So in short, **** off, because you dont know what you are talking about.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 02:04   #16
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN
Well, im a student, and I stay up late with my housemates anyway. There's no harm going back to the computer for five minutes every tick to make sure everything is ok.

So in short, **** off, because you dont know what you are talking about.
I think he has more of a clue than you. Plus you contradicted yourself, you said that you look to do something whilst covering def calls, yet now you stay up late with your housemates and check your pc for 5mins an hour. I'm glad you're not my dc
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 02:07   #17
Gary
xVx Peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
I think he has more of a clue than you. Plus you contradicted yourself, you said that you look to do something whilst covering def calls, yet now you stay up late with your housemates and check your pc for 5mins an hour. I'm glad you're not my dc

Naturally, not everyone can stay up till 3am or 4am every night. So sometimes I look for things to pass the time, such as pc games, usually Quake 3. Other times, like friday and saturday nights, when either we have watched a film or got back from the pub, I still check every tick while I have company. Is that a satisfactory explanation?
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 03:08   #18
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN
..... Is that a satisfactory explanation?
nah that explanation is 2 boring
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 09:30   #19
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo

If you self-rightious gits have got nothing better to do than spend your time typing insults about how he chooses to use his time, youre probably worse off than he is. And in denial on top if it.

Do us all a favor and fk off back to your precious social life if youve nothing constructive to offer.

That said, i can imagine very few things being more boring than a single person version of PA.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 09:49   #20
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

play imperium galactia 2 its awesome for researching etc...
And if you aint quick the computer thumps your ass.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 09:58   #21
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I heard the xan version of the planetarion board game is crap coz no one knows were the dice have gone.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 12:32   #22
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I dont really think this is going anywhere now the original questopn has been answered.