User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 22 Mar 2005, 14:43   #1
higginz
||Dude||

higginz will become famous soon enoughhigginz will become famous soon enough
[APA] Techie required - Apply within

Alongside recruiting for normal members, who have the chance to rise through the [APA] ranks, we also have a space open for an [APA] techie

[b]What do we require for the techie role?[b]
We would like several things from our new techie, any extras of course are very useful
  1. Ability to install a PHP / MySql database onto the net, and modify an existing site when required. If prefered can create a new site as a project, but the existing site is available.
  2. IRC activity, as always
  3. Possible tech skills in irc, such as bots / mirc scripts, not a necessity though
  4. The usual, friendliness, activity, enthusiasm, loyalty and someone who enjoys playin the game and helping others

[b]What would you gain from a techie role in [APA]?[b]
Other than being a major part in a rapidly developing alliance, with all the main benefits of joining our fun but growing alliance, such as defence, teamwork, organised attacks etc. You may also enjoy the task of developing the website, working with others to help teh alliance. You would of course have a position of authority, although a little trust on our side may be required at first (vouches etc always good!) if your loyal, then you will have no problems.

[b]Why join [APA]?[b]

1. All of our members will be included in attacks and defence when they want to.
We will not discriminate to the smaller fleets if u wanna join in too, unlike some
alliances
2. You can be involved in the challenge of taking a new alliance (started R12) into a
force to be reckoned with in the future
3. Were friendly and supportive and there is always someone online to speak to.
4. Were not discriminative against nationality, experience or paid / free accounts, all we
ask for is activity and that you cooperate when you can.
5. Were also offering places of authority to members who remain active and helpful, as
this is a relatively new alliance, it will be easier to move through the ranks with us
than with the biggest alliances, without the diadvantage of an unactive alliance, even
tho we are new we are active so can normally give defence if needed.
6. We have a great defence and attack system and we are getting
faster and better at responding as our alliance grows.

New and existing players of the game are welcome to apply, all we require are the above skills, and an enthusiasm to help the alliance and play the game.

Any questions or applications, find us in #[apa] on irc or reply here.

The normal recruitment thread can be found in

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=182988

Thanks

Dude - [APA] HC

Last edited by higginz; 24 Mar 2005 at 14:47.
higginz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 17:15   #2
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough
Re: [APA] Techie required - Apply within

Couldn't you have just included this in your recruitment thread?
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 12:15   #3
higginz
||Dude||

no cos its not the same as our rec thread so why would i?
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 12:56   #4
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by higginz
no cos its not the same as our rec thread so why would i?
If it's not the same as your "recruitment thread" then why the Why Join part which is in your so called "recruitment thread"? Now, you have 2 recruitment threads when it would've been much easier to have just put this into your original recruitment thread.
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 23:27   #5
Avenged
Available

Avenged is just really niceAvenged is just really niceAvenged is just really niceAvenged is just really nice

We understand where you are coming from but we felt it nessasary to posta specific thread for a techie within the alliance, as people looking for a techie job wont look at the post recruits welcome! Hence increasing our chances of finding the right person!
Avenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 23:32   #6
arbondigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenged
We understand where you are coming from but we felt it nessasary to posta specific thread for a techie within the alliance, as people looking for a techie job wont look at the post recruits welcome! Hence increasing our chances of finding the right person!
But people looking for a techie job aren't going to go to a specific alliance just because they want a techie. They will go to that alliance to play as a planet, hence will look at the recruitment thread. If they don't like what they see then they won't join regardless of whether they're being offered a techie position or not. Hence, no need for 2 recruitment threads.
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 01:34   #7
higginz
||Dude||

ur jus talkin nonsense now, what difference does it make for us havin a techie thread, when the idea is that we want one and this will help us find one easier. If u dont wanna read it, dont, simple as.

Why moan, all were tryin to do is do well give us a break

and why quote someone when the post ur mentioning is the one above?
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 01:56   #8
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
But people looking for a techie job aren't going to go to a specific alliance just because they want a techie. They will go to that alliance to play as a planet, hence will look at the recruitment thread. If they don't like what they see then they won't join regardless of whether they're being offered a techie position or not. Hence, no need for 2 recruitment threads.
Actually, I haven't read APA's other thread, but I seriously considered applying for the techie position when seeing this thread. I think you should cut them some slack. Techies are, in most cases, another breed.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 03:02   #9
arbondigo

Quote:
ur jus talkin nonsense now, what difference does it make for us havin a techie thread, when the idea is that we want one and this will help us find one easier. If u dont wanna read it, dont, simple as.

Why moan, all were tryin to do is do well give us a break

and why quote someone when the post ur mentioning is the one above?
You want a techie, then put it in your recruitment thread instead of having 2 recruitment threads. About me quoting someone when i'm mentioning the post above? The post above my quote is my own post....
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 03:06   #10
arbondigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Actually, I haven't read APA's other thread, but I seriously considered applying for the techie position when seeing this thread. I think you should cut them some slack. Techies are, in most cases, another breed.
Techies aren't usualy another breed. They play PA, just like you play PA. I've read your threads about the beta and the ship stats for the new round, with great fascination i must add. But that doesn't make you any different to the normal PA player as such. The main difference i see is that you actually know the stats, unlike most players.

Back to the matter at hand, if you read their recruitment thread they have mainly repeated themselves. Their original thread was a very good recruitment thread, but there's no need to start another one just for a techie. Either appoint a techie with what you already have in your alliance, or add that you need a techie into your original recruitment thread.
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 03:21   #11
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Techies aren't usualy another breed. They play PA, just like you play PA. I've read your threads about the beta and the ship stats for the new round, with great fascination i must add. But that doesn't make you any different to the normal PA player as such. The main difference i see is that you actually know the stats, unlike most players.
No, I meant I considered joining APA as a techie. In fact, had this (or something similar) been posted in round 12, I probably would have (if they'd have me, obviously).
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 03:51   #12
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Actually, Banned is another breed of timeless monsters. And if [APA] hired him, then the whole universe would rebel against the alliance hence another Pa ling-go will evolve - APApwnd or something..

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 03:51   #13
Avenged
Available

Avenged is just really niceAvenged is just really niceAvenged is just really niceAvenged is just really nice

Just as a final point for you to get off our backs, the original recruitment post was added on the 23rd of January, this post was started on the 22nd of March. I.e. the post for a techie has been a recent requirement of the alliance. Hence if this was merely edited in the original post then we have potentially missed out on several active players who would be well suited for the position.

It is therefore fully justified that we took it upon ourselves to post a specific position within our alliance as a separate thread! By doing so we are enhancing our possibilities for the correct applicant and separating any confusion of whether interested applicants are for members or for the techie job!

End of discussion!
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 10:16   #14
higginz
||Dude||

hehehe, well sed avenged!
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 13:40   #15
arbondigo

Quote:
Just as a final point for you to get off our backs, the original recruitment post was added on the 23rd of January, this post was started on the 22nd of March. I.e. the post for a techie has been a recent requirement of the alliance. Hence if this was merely edited in the original post then we have potentially missed out on several active players who would be well suited for the position.

It is therefore fully justified that we took it upon ourselves to post a specific position within our alliance as a separate thread! By doing so we are enhancing our possibilities for the correct applicant and separating any confusion of whether interested applicants are for members or for the techie job!

End of discussion!
Then delete your other thread.
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 13:51   #16
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Getting a bit arguementive in ere lol
Why can't we all just get along?

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 14:40   #17
Avenged
Available

why would we delete the other thread when this is advertising for a specific position within the alliance (which is a new requirement) when this position is filled we will deleate this thread!
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 14:45   #18
higginz
||Dude||

ur jus bein argumentative for the sake of it now arbondigo, we got another seperate thread for normal recruits and a specific wanted techie thread. Who does this hurt? What does it do to you? And if this was a stupid idea, how come ppl are coming to help from all over who wouldnt have known if it was just a recruitment thread extension...
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 15:03   #19
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I should bloddy well hope he knows the stats or were all in trouble Considering banned made them

Last edited by Squishy; 24 Mar 2005 at 15:11.
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 15:23   #20
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Then delete your other thread.
There are moderators for this forum; if you have a complaint, complain to them. Posting on this thread will only cause an argument.

fwiw, as a former moderator I don't see any problem with this thread.
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 15:28   #21
arbondigo

Quote:
ur jus bein argumentative for the sake of it now arbondigo, we got another seperate thread for normal recruits and a specific wanted techie thread. Who does this hurt? What does it do to you? And if this was a stupid idea, how come ppl are coming to help from all over who wouldnt have known if it was just a recruitment thread extension...
Will you spell properly please. People read recruitment threads if they're at the top of the pile. You could've just add that into your original thread and people would've seen it and responded accordingly, instead you started another recruitment thread.

Quote:
why would we delete the other thread when this is advertising for a specific position within the alliance (which is a new requirement) when this position is filled we will deleate this thread!
See above, add it to your other thread, and maybe edit the title of the original thread accordingly.
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 15:41   #22
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

arbondigo for gods sake give it up u have a problem go to the admins. Their isnt a whole lot wrong with this thread they wanted to make sure that the fact they wanted a techie was noticed ware it might not have been on their other forum. I had read that a while ago and wasnt gonna read it again no matter ware it sat in the list top or bottom. So how would i have known about the techie position that was avaliable?

And i know my spelling shit crap incase u wanna complain about that. The fact is i dont care
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 23:29   #23
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Sorry i havent been around too much lately, i've been a bit busy but i do still read this board. I read the thread before anyone replied and decided to leave it here even though we only normally allow 1 thread per alliance. This thread is asking for a very specific type of player that may not be attracted to a normal recruitment thread and the board is very quiet anyway so its not like 1 alliance having 2 active threads is depriving other people of space on the front page of AR.
Unread 25 Mar 2005, 13:17   #24
higginz
||Dude||

who cares about spelling in forums anyway? noone complains in irc, so why bother in here? If one would prefer that I talk in a standard English dialect then I shall behave in a manner as to meet ones wishes.

nah

btw, thanks for keepin this thread near the top, every one of your mindless complaints bumps us up to top again
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 01:44   #25
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
Or just advertised for a techie instead of making 2 recruiting threads.....
neg rep says.
[APA] Techie required -... 1 Apr 2005 08:54 jackass

just lost my respect for [apa].
calling someone a jackass for replying to your thread is just pathetic and there is no need.

Last edited by noah02; 21 Apr 2005 at 20:41.
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 02:05   #26
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
neg rep says.
[APA] Techie required -... 1 Apr 2005 08:54 jackass

just lost my respect for [apa].
calling someone a jackass for replying to your thread is just pathetic and there is no need.
And i like [apa] to.
Why do you assume it was someone in APA? I thought you were being a jackass too, and I'm not APA. It's not entirely inconceivable that I am not alone in thinking this.
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 23:46   #27
higginz
||Dude||

hehe, wasnt me, tho i think ur a jackass too, its a game ffs
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 23:51   #28
Avenged
Available

I dont know what to think

*Looks to dude for advice

I think your a jackass!

oh and i didnt send it
Unread 5 Apr 2005, 00:10   #29
Trance

Trance has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I agree you really are a complete and utter jackass. APA have done nothing to you, why cause trouble? Go back to whatever dark dank hole you crawled out of and do us all a favour.
Unread 5 Apr 2005, 01:26   #30
noah02
The Original Terran

*yawn*

Unread 5 Apr 2005, 19:26   #31
Pinkerton
doo doo dah

Pinkerton can only hope to improve

arbondigo your an idiot. I've noticed that the PA forum is pretty cool and there aren't trolls here like other forums I belong to. But you definitely fit the description.
Pinkerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2005, 20:08   #32
arbondigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkerton
arbondigo your an idiot. I've noticed that the PA forum is pretty cool and there aren't trolls here like other forums I belong to. But you definitely fit the description.
What do you think your post is?
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 12:39   #33
Trance

Trance has a little shameless behaviour in the past

*sigh*

/me slaps arbondingo around a bit with a large trout
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 16:55   #34
Loz
Careless talk costs lives

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

we're all right
[19:13] <Keglomaniac> whats wrong with our intel?
[19:13] <bos|takeaway> its a contradiction in terms
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote