User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Nov 2004, 00:14   #1
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
[Football] Uefa Cup's group format, Hit or miss?

To be honest I prefer it more than the CL group format atm.

I wouldn't mind if they adopted that system with the CL.

Though I'll admit it's not as inherently profitble.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 00:33   #2
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: [Football] Uefa Cup's group format, Hit or miss?

I've no problem with the CL format. It's more like the World Cup.

As for UEFA Cup, it seems bog standard unless I'm missing something there.

Btw, Middlesborough have put a very good performance
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 00:36   #3
Sunday8pm
Banned

I think Lazio are a shadow of who they were to be honest but it's nice to see a confident European performance from them and highly indicative perhaps of how much Manchester United have lost in losing Steve McLaren.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 01:17   #4
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It's just UEFA's way of trying to 'liven up' the european equivalent of the Worthington Cup.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 01:20   #5
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think it's a bit crap tbh, I mean if Lazio were a bit better, then Boro would have had a large advanatge by playing them at home, but there would be no away tie. And 5 in a league - what's all that about?! UEFA cup should be about pure knockout, leave the league to the Champions League.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 01:54   #6
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

it wouldn't work in CL. i like it for UEFA cup though.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 02:48   #7
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

IMO European Cup should be champions only, no seedings in the draw, just a straight knockout with home/away legs.

UEFA cup to have the group system like the CL

That IMO would restore both competitions to their former glory, with the Euros being the battle of the champions, while the UEFA cup would be the tough slug it out with the best clubs in Europe.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 03:33   #8
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

I agree, but then there could possibly be more money in the UEFA Cup than the CL. I mean taking last year's league winners and the other qualifiers, which would you rather see? CL Arsenal v Valencia, or Man Utd v Real Madrid? The Man U v Real match would get a much wider audience imo and would be seen as the better much, TV wise at least, just because of the names involved.
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 03:56   #9
Sunday8pm
Banned

To be fair Stew the fixtures are organised in a way that the higher seeded teams get more home fixtures anyway.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 11:46   #10
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
To be fair Stew the fixtures are organised in a way that the higher seeded teams get more home fixtures anyway.
I was not aware of this, my bad.

Although I don't agree with seedings - imo that's one of the things that makes the FA cup great.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 19:18   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I absoloutely love it.

It means , as a person who does football bets online , i get guaranteed certainties every single week to bet on. The odds of , say , Hearts , beating Schalke04 in Germany? non existant. Chances of Parma losing at home to Avenir Beggen? minimal. Its a gamblers dream, and in the 2 weeks its run, ive made £140 from it doing £10 trables on 5 games each.

Winning format IMHO. Like champions league , only easier to predict.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 19:34   #12
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
£10 trables on 5 games each.
And so the gambling addiction increases.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 20:48   #13
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
I absoloutely love it.

It means , as a person who does football bets online , i get guaranteed certainties every single week to bet on. The odds of , say , Hearts , beating Schalke04 in Germany? non existant. Chances of Parma losing at home to Avenir Beggen? minimal. Its a gamblers dream, and in the 2 weeks its run, ive made £140 from it doing £10 trables on 5 games each.

Winning format IMHO. Like champions league , only easier to predict.
How long do you reckon before bookies start trying to clamp down on that sort fo thing then?