User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Nov 2004, 15:56   #151
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Election 2004.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I'm betting that the Republicans will now also win in 2008, unless the Democrats pull out a pretty bloody spectacular candidate. (Which they won't.)

The Democrats need a candidate who:

- Has a good record.

- Has a personality.

- Is moderate.

Clearly, no such candidate exists atm. Well, she does, but she's called Hilary Clinton.
fixed.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 16:14   #152
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Election 2004.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
fixed.
Hillary is the female equivalent of Kerry - Patrician, dull, and without any clear focus.

Also, a female candidate is a risky move. I'm betting she would turn off quite a lot of men and women for various reasons.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 16:17   #153
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
i think thats a bit premature... it depends completely on what happens over the next 4 years. If iraq turned into another vietnam i doubt the republicans would be too popular. then theres the economy... etc.
The economy was probably the biggest domestic issue here. It simply wasn't big enough to overide the focus on national security.

It's likely that if 9/11 had never happened, Bush would have lost. He would almost certainly have lost in a place like Ohio without the terrorism/security issue.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 16:18   #154
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Hillary is the female equivalent of Kerry - Patrician, dull, and without any clear focus.
She also carries all the political negatives of her husband without (m)any of the positives.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 16:26   #155
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
The economy was probably the biggest domestic issue here. It simply wasn't big enough to overide the focus on national security.

It's likely that if 9/11 had never happened, Bush would have lost. He would almost certainly have lost in a place like Ohio without the terrorism/security issue.
then how can you think that the republicans are going to win the next one? the us-economy doesnt look that great to me and to me it seems bush does the exact opposite of the things that would make sence, just like in his war on terror.
without another big terrorist attack in the next years hopefully people will get over this whole terror-madness until the next election.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 16:45   #156
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Also, a female candidate is a risky move. I'm betting she would turn off quite a lot of men and women for various reasons.
They need Maggie!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 16:51   #157
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Think of the average American though. Bush is firecely divisive, and most of his success in this election seems to spring from 'better the devil you know' syndrome. Hilary would be, inevitably and fortunately, seen as the obvious follow-on to her husband; after four more years of Captain Idiot, another Clinton, literally or metaphorically, will be welcomed. As for the fact that she's a woman? Surely the only people who would be 'turned off' would be Bible Belt types (who are pretty much safe seats for the Republicans now).
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 17:24   #158
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

It's final now. Kerry has admitted his defeat
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 17:34   #159
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
then how can you think that the republicans are going to win the next one?
I don't see any reason for the breaking of the current national political situation, which favours the Republicans.

Quote:
the us-economy doesnt look that great to me and to me
I'm not an economist, but I find it hard to believe that four years from now it won't be improving in some measure.

I'm guessing here, but I do think that the next election will have of a more domestic focus, which wil probably assist the Democrats. The Republicans will have to tread carefully. Now they control the Senate, the House and the White House, and Bush doesn't have to get re-elected, they might be tempted to introuce some potentially quite divisive stuff.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 17:54   #160
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Think of the average American though.
There is really no reason to supose that Hillary would appeal to any more greater numbers than Gore did in 2000, or Kerry did. She is in the exact same mold.

In fact, there is a good reason for supposing she would turn people off because of her gender - popular conservatism and, in many male cases, outright bigotry on such issues should not be underestimated, and is not merely confined to the deep South. Not to mention her other glaring faults, such as an obvious lack of experience, and no experience of state politics or executive decision making - almost all of the most recent Presidents of the last few decades have had some degree of gubernatorial experience prior to becoming President. Running a state before nomination can give the voters a view in minature of what your Presidency would be like. The Senate is simply the worst place for a candidate to come from, with senators having a disinct repuation for aloofness, which is certainly bourne out in Kerry's case.

In essence, she would be a gimmick candidate, mostly trading on her name, and little else. I hope the Democrats do not nominate her.

Unless she can pull off some master strategy for the election, or there is a serious economic recession or something miraculous of that nature, then she would not stand a greater chance than that of her predecessors. In fact, she would almost certainly lose.

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 3 Nov 2004 at 18:02.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 17:57   #161
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

we need the yanks in here to spank, damn you americans!!

btw i remember reading somewhere of a description of bush's look during the debates (when he wasn't speaking) 'a cow watching a train going past' i know its childish but i keep giggling at it, kerry wasn't much better though.

If we're being honest the democrats are in a bit of trouble hilary clinton isn't bill clinton, even i know he could be a bit of a scum bag he knobbed the interns and he used cigars in a wholly inappropriate manner but the man had charisma, he could say what he meant clearly and didn't appear to want to kill you. Hillary is like maggie thatcher but with better hair jesus haytch christ i wouldn't want to be round that woman during PMT. In britain the tories are dying because britain isn't as conservative as people think, i think in america the democrats are in trouble because at heart america is basically conservative. But i know nothing.

I want the cost of war to hit at least $1/2trillion, please god make me laugh.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 18:02   #162
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

oh and i heard something briefly about the republicans maybe getting enough seats in teh senate to basically do what they want (60 i think) don't understand someone explain, don't they already have a majority?
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 18:04   #163
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I'm not an economist, but I find it hard to believe that four years from now it won't be improving in some measure.

I'm guessing here, but I do think that the next election will have of a more domestic focus, which wil probably assist the Democrats. The Republicans will have to tread carefully. Now they control the Senate, the House and the White House, and Bush doesn't have to get re-elected, they might be tempted to introuce some potentially quite divisive stuff.
i find it hard to belive that they can go on like this. there social security system costs too much, the population (about 7 trillion i read somewhere, cant find the link) and the state itself (about 6 trillion) are far too deep in debt. that money mostly comes from foreigners now. the whole economy relies on foreign goods and foreign money. i seriously doubt the asians will continue to lend money to the us so that the us can buy there products with it, it just doesnt make too much sence for me.
and what does bush do ? he cuts the taxes for the rich people and reduces social security with the result that
- the rich have more money to invest in other countries (most likely china),
- the poor - middle class have less money, because they need to take care health care / education / pension etc. on their own ( and all that in an economy that heavily (2/3) relies on private domestic demand.)
- and the state has no money for its overaging population in a few years

i dont know that much about what bush really does or what he really spends all the money on. just some things i picked up on some (probably not totally unbiased) websites
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 18:08   #164
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hilary Clinton Vs Jeb Bush in 2008?

EDIT i could see the republicans nominating Powell or Rice in 2008 though.
That'd be interesting!

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!

Last edited by Ste; 3 Nov 2004 at 18:16.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 18:08   #165
Nusselt
share the <3

the entire us economy won't collapse, the worst bush could do is increase the defecit and lose jobs, the government can still payback loans from tax and people would still be willing to invest in the us
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 18:10   #166
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
oh and i heard something briefly about the republicans maybe getting enough seats in teh senate to basically do what they want (60 i think) don't understand someone explain, don't they already have a majority?
60 is the number of Senate votes needed to end a filibuster. Without that, a minority can--in theory--delay or prevent any legislation from passing the Senate. No way the Republicans are going to get that many seats this year.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 18:24   #167
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
i could see the republicans nominating Powell or Rice in 2008 though.
That'd be interesting!
Powell is far too moderate, Rice probably too. Besdies, I doubt either of them would want to be nominated. Powell has declined the idea in the past.

Jeb Bush would be a no-no. Aside from the obvious nepotism charge, the man seems to be quite a boring fellow from what I've heard of him. He's actually taken himself out of the runnng, anyway.

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 3 Nov 2004 at 18:30.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 18:28   #168
Nusselt
share the <3

btw why the hell did powell go with the republicans?
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 18:36   #169
Marilyn Manson
Gone

He just has a slight Republican leaning.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 18:48   #170
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
In britain the tories are dying because britain isn't as conservative as people think, i think in america the democrats are in trouble because at heart america is basically conservative.
More conservative than some recent Democratic Presidential nominees, seemingly.

I'm not ready to bury the Democrats. They do fine when they remember to nominate moderate southern Democrats. Unfortunately, their nomination process tends to cater to their more liberal elements (the Republicans have the opposite problem, but not as extreme). There's a large pool of independent and "swing" voters who are up for grabs in every election.

I think Powell would be a winning pick for the Republicans in 2008 and could easily win the nomination--if only he wanted the job. McCain would be a decent pick too, but would have a lot harder time getting the nomination. Cheney would be a poor choice, although he might be able to get the nomination. He could only win against a really weak opponent--like Hillary.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 18:54   #171
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

In essence, she would be a gimmick candidate, mostly trading on her name, and little else. I hope the Democrats do not nominate her.
Is this not what George W* Bush did?

As for Powell to be next president - is it not more likely there will be a female president before a black president? If not, I thought Will Smith was going to be the next President?

*Stands for wanker lololol
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 19:31   #172
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Is this not what George W* Bush did?
Somewhat; but he did win two terms as Governor of Texas. And when it comes to the Presidency, Governor experience > Senate experience.
Quote:
As for Powell to be next president - is it not more likely there will be a female president before a black president?
I don't know, but I think we're more likely to see either from the Republican side. Democrats already do well amongst women and especially blacks. Putting a woman or a black on the top of the ticket is not, in itself, going to get them many additional votes. For the Republicans, on the other hand, it could get them a lot more votes.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 19:38   #173
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
I don't know, but I think we're more likely to see either from the Republican side. Democrats already do well amongst women and especially blacks. Putting a woman or a black on the top of the ticket is not, in itself, going to get them many additional votes. For the Republicans, on the other hand, it could get them a lot more votes.
i think the question is not so much 'how many minority votes would a black president win' as 'how many conservative votes would a black president haemorrhage'...
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 20:01   #174
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Quote:
i think the question is not so much 'how many minority votes would a black president win' as 'how many conservative votes would a black president haemorrhage'...
I don't equate conservates with racists, but ymmv. The polling data I've seen on Powell indicates that conservatives generally liked him; but that was back after Gulf War I before he took up station at Foggy Bottom (which is the equivalent of the Barad-Dûr for many conservatives).
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 20:06   #175
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

To be fair what decided these elections was the fact that

there was a less than 10% turnout of 18-24 year old voters of which the demographic Kerry has a 15 point lead in

The reason for this? Apparrently a lot of 18-24 yo voters are studying at uni's far from home and never got their absentee ballots or were not permitted to register in the state they were studying in even though there was an act brought through in 2002. Unfortunately most of these people who got screwed just said, Wow I'm disenfranchised and didn't kick up a fuss, it also helps that the people in charge of running this thing for absentee ballots and what not tend to usually be run by a republican and they saved informing anyone till 3 days before the election which was too short a time difference for anyone to fix their shit up.

The republicans successfully surpressed the young vote again.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 20:10   #176
Nusselt
share the <3

do they really hate the state department that much? id have thought that it just depended on the situation rather than, for example, favouring the defence department over the state one.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 20:10   #177
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Obama 2012.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 20:12   #178
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

So I guess no-one's concerned that after all the promotions, al the pushing at the 18-24 age range by celbrities everywhere.. that less than 10% of them turned out to vote... the most likely to care imo as well.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 20:12   #179
Nusselt
share the <3

he went to the senate thought right? apparently going the route of governor ---> president is much more reliable *cough* arnie if law changes *cough*
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 20:13   #180
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm just bummed Bradnarik didn't win.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 20:24   #181
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

I expect they'll run McCain. He's done a really good job of garnering support from both Democrats and Republicans during this election by spearheading calls for campaign reform and an end to dirty politics. I expect the democrats to run Hillary in 2008 if she can maintain her level of popularity. McCain is just bipartisan enough to do a lot of damage to the Dems in 2008.

Powell could have and still could do the same thing, but it's unlikely that he'll run. His wife is steadfastly against such a notion, and he's known for involving his wife in these types of decisions. Nevermind he'll be considered tainted by most democrats, despite the fact that he's probably not happy about 1/2 the stuff he has to do.

That said, you never know. The black vote in the US is definately not to be discounted. DC's mayor is a convicted crack-cocaine addict (in office!) and still gets re-elected. Corrine Brown of Florida is considered the most corrupt congressperson with something like 7 seperate corruption investigations currently going, and yet, both still get re-elected by playing heavily on the race card. Should Powell decide to run, he would get a huge following of individuals that would vote for or against him simply on race alone.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 21:44   #182
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Arnie wouldn't be nominated; he's not a natural born citzen.
Fixed.

On a side note, I stood in line for an hour and half for nothing. Thank you ****ing Philly, Pittsburg and Allentown.

Oh, and for Randell not getting convenitnly the Absentee Ballots out in time for the people in the armed forces in time. My brother is extreamly pissed.

PA proably would have been even closer then it already is if they voted. At least Spector won and Mike was unstoppalbe in my district.

Last edited by Intrepid00; 3 Nov 2004 at 21:50.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 22:34   #183
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Event_Horizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hillary nominated = Automatic loss for the Democrats.

Arnie wouldn't be nominated; he's too liberal. He's great as a Republican in California, where he could pretty much pass himself off as a Democrat if he wished, but he would simply be chewed up and spat out by the Republicans nationally. Oh, and that rule about a Presidential nominee having to be born in The US.

Cheney will be determined to get the 2008 nomination, I'm guessing, heart problems and old age or no.
no cheney has made it clear that he has no intentions of running

Guiliani is going to be the republican nominee in 2008.

The Last Ride of Stephen Whatley and His Immortals
Event_Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 22:43   #184
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
bush is going to ruin his own country and turn the whole world into chaos, so whats the big deal?
HaHa... i hope you were kidding, or you were speaking out of anger as your choice for the american president was not what you wanted. Whether or not you like Bush, he is not going drive the world to chaos, please, give me a break. American conservatism won yesterday and there is no denying the fact that the rural/southern aspects of this country are what most Americans are in favor of. America is on top now, Bush will not ruin the country (follow any economic reports and you will see that our economy is groing strongly out of the recession), and America will still be on top... thats life, thats the way it is right now, live with it....

Unread 3 Nov 2004, 22:49   #185
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Event_Horizon
America is on top now, Bush will not ruin the country (follow any economic reports and you will see that our economy is groing strongly out of the recession), and America will still be on top... thats life, thats the way it is right now, live with it....
For your information this attitude causes people to despise America.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 22:56   #186
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
For your information this attitude causes people to despise America.
I realize that, and I normally am not that blunt, or rude... but I just got a little riled up, its is definitely not the intelligent way of going about debating issues and whats best for America and the world, but sometimes things need saying... besides it is the truth....

Unread 3 Nov 2004, 23:02   #187
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I realize that, and I normally am not that blunt, or rude... but I just got a little riled up, its is definitely not the intelligent way of going about debating issues and whats best for America and the world, but sometimes things need saying... besides it is the truth....
Sometimes what you say can affect the truth of what you are saying.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 23:06   #188
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
Sometimes what you say can affect the truth of what you are saying.
I agree, but quite frankly, my little pro-america comment is mild compared to the america hating that goes on in these boards

Unread 3 Nov 2004, 23:09   #189
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

Quote:
I agree, but quite frankly, my little pro-america comment is mild compared to the america hating that goes on in these boards
It's not America hating. We have several valued American posters.

It's quite simply idiot hating.

IDIOTS LIKE YOU
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 23:12   #190
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

[quote=Summanus]It's not America hating. We have several valued American posters.

IDIOTS LIKE YOU[/QUOT

Well I know you have been following my posting rigorously over all these years, hell, I am sure you have proably even written a few articles on it... if i may ask, where is this mountainous, conclusive evidence that I am an "idiot"?

Unread 3 Nov 2004, 23:12   #191
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Why should you have to stoop to their level then?

And the "america hating", on this board especially, is pretty mild.
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 23:16   #192
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
Why should you have to stoop to their level then?

And the "america hating", on this board especially, is pretty mild.
Well I guess the america hating thing is relative and since this is really the only european/global message boards that I read it strikes me as more america hating than I am used to in my everyday life. And yes I agree that my comment was completely useless and contributed absolutely nothing to intelligent debate, but as I said I was just a little riled up after reading that, bush is going to drive the world into chaos and ruin his country, i mean common that is just a ridiculous comment.

Unread 3 Nov 2004, 23:23   #193
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
bush is going to drive the world into chaos and ruin his country, i mean common that is just a ridiculous comment.
Where have you been for the last 4 years? He's already made the world a less safe place to live in.
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 23:25   #194
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

[quote=Event_Horizon]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summanus
It's not America hating. We have several valued American posters.

IDIOTS LIKE YOU[/QUOT

Well I know you have been following my posting rigorously over all these years, hell, I am sure you have proably even written a few articles on it... if i may ask, where is this mountainous, conclusive evidence that I am an "idiot"?
That statement there is Exhibit A. I had no idea you even existed until you started posting like this
Quote:
Basically Kerry/democrats are for more government programs/socialism and Bush/republicans are for less government programs and for more capitalism
That entire post is a pile of idiocy.

Quote:
Kerry is deemed the most liberal in the senate according to the National Journal's congressional vote ratings
From another thread - what bugs me is that most Americans don't seem to know how to use the word Liberal. Liberal does not equal left-wing. Liberal is arguing for more choice. The conservative party in Australia is the 'Liberal' Party. Is it so hard to see the connection between LIBERTY and LIBERAL? Why do you adore one, and hate the latter? They're the same concept. So next time, please refrain from "OMG A LIBERAL THEY MUST BE PINKO COMMIES KILL IT!!"

Quote:
I will be very disapointed in Iowa if Kerry wins there, I mean what the hell, Bush absolutely owns the heartland with Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Missouri, etc.
Why would you be disappointed in one state, but not others? Does it matter if it's Califonia, New York or Iowa? What even gives you the right to be disappointed in it? Because they have an opinion different to yours?

Quote:
Whether or not you like Bush, he is not going drive the world to chaos,
He's already done it to Iraq.

Need I go on? What you'll find, hombre, is that the mountainous, conclusive evidence of your idiocy is in your own posts.
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 23:26   #195
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Well I guess the america hating thing is relative and since this is really the only european/global message boards that I read it strikes me as more america hating than I am used to in my everyday life. And yes I agree that my comment was completely useless and contributed absolutely nothing to intelligent debate, but as I said I was just a little riled up after reading that, bush is going to drive the world into chaos and ruin his country, i mean common that is just a ridiculous comment.
Obviously the point is exaggerated but rhetoric is a common feature everywhere. I imagine that wu trax was referring to the economic problems and the tax cuts that bush has been responsible for over the past four years domestically and his invasion of Iraq which polarised the western world. In future I would advise you to talk the internet less seriously :)
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 23:27   #196
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
Where have you been for the last 4 years? He's already made the world a less safe place to live in.
That is not what the original poster was arguing, he said that bush is going to drive THE WORLD into CHAOS and if that wasn't bad enough he is going to ruin his own country. I do not think that any person with half a brain will agree with that.

And as for the world being less safer, perhaps, but when America decided to attack Germany and Japan i could argue that that made the world less safer as well, but it was still the right decision.... or was it...

Unread 3 Nov 2004, 23:31   #197
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
Obviously the point is exaggerated but rhetoric is a common feature everywhere. I imagine that wu trax was referring to the economic problems and the tax cuts that bush has been responsible for over the past four years domestically and his invasion of Iraq which polarised the western world. In future I would advise you to talk the internet less seriously
Well it is obvious that our economy is coming out of a recession and is growing immensly and is still by far the economic giant of the world. His tax cuts can be argued for and against by economists with more credentials than me, and as for taking the internet too seriously, it was you who took issue with a harmless comment from a supposive "idiot" (not that you called me an idiot but that other guy did).

Unread 3 Nov 2004, 23:31   #198
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i love it when the world gets less safer...

yeah what?

but seriously, are you comparing ww2 to the iraq war? i mean... really?
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 23:32   #199
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
That is not what the original poster was arguing, he said that bush is going to drive THE WORLD into CHAOS and if that wasn't bad enough he is going to ruin his own country. I do not think that any person with half a brain will agree with that.
Well he already HAS driven the world into chaos. I don't follow American domestic affairs as that really doesn't interest me in the slightest so i can't comment there.

Quote:
And as for the world being less safer, perhaps, but when America decided to attack Germany and Japan i could argue that that made the world less safer as well, but it was still the right decision.... or was it...
You were attacked first by Japan, so that was in self-defence primarily. I don't seem to remember Iraq attacking you EVER. Do you?
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 23:34   #200
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
Well he already HAS driven the world into chaos. I don't follow American domestic affairs as that really doesn't interest me in the slightest so i can't comment there.

You were attacked first by Japan, so that was in self-defence primarily. I don't seem to remember Iraq attacking you EVER. Do you?
Parts of the middle east are in chaos but the world is not... in fact parts of the world have always and will always be in chaos. This is not about Iraq I simply said that by America invading Germany and attacking Japan it made the world a less safe place for the time. Do you disagree?