User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Closed Thread
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 12:41   #1
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Cluster alliance/Time

Do one thing or the other...

Remove cluster ETA bonus or make attacking within cluster impossible. Don't do things by half measures as it encourages farming.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 21:57   #2
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough
Re: Cluster alliance/Time

Use the cluster ETA bonus to your advantage by getting defence off them, and attacking the weaker gals. I assume with you complaining about it you're one of the weaker gals in your cluster?
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 22:24   #3
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

What? There is no difference to attacking in-c nor anywhere else in the universe. It`s generally better to keep c quiet incase there are some do-goody kids who`d jump chance at offering def etc.

ps. Let`s do Parallels again !
Unread 23 Oct 2004, 23:29   #4
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretus
Do one thing or the other...

Remove cluster ETA bonus or make attacking within cluster impossible. Don't do things by half measures as it encourages farming.

your noobness astounds me, farming has not been around for quite sometime, as it is picked up rather quickly now, and generally is quite difficult with it being P2P and 40% attack limits.

Judging from your recent posts....I would say that PA Forums has found Sevrok II (or III since there is someone else who I believe has recently been proclaimed Sevrok II)
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 01:10   #5
Ferretus
ARS HQ

HEHE, I was bored today and went on a rant. :-)

"your noobness astounds me, farming has not been around for quite sometime" Helix

Now who is the noob? Gals deemed not worthy of the cluster nap are targetted. Any numpty knows that.

"I assume with you complaining about it you're one of the weaker gals in your cluster?" arbondigo
Not really. I made the same suggestion at the end of last round but interest in the game was dying so I decided to repost it to see what people thought.

You either promote in cluster friendliness by reducing the eta time the same as the alliance or you don't. You can't hit your own alliance members despite the eta bonus. So lose the cluster bonus, or enforce the nap.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 01:16   #6
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

I seem to remember you saying that you weren't in your cluster alliance in another thread of yours. This would explain this rant of yours then.
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 01:22   #7
Ferretus
ARS HQ

That was theoretical, again not personal which seems to confused a lot.

Unread 24 Oct 2004, 01:22   #8
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

i hate c alliances tbh. just seems a way for the big alliances to piss around with the smaller alliances and individual players, as 90% of the time the alliance stops when the big alliances have all your alliance details and so use the tick extra, if there is one, to attack everyone smaller than them in the C with there been no chance of them defending themselves.

Cm
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 01:28   #9
arbondigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
just seems a way for the big alliances to piss around with the smaller alliances and individual players, as 90% of the time the alliance stops when the big alliances have all your alliance details and so use the tick extra, if there is one, to attack everyone smaller than them in the C with there been no chance of them defending themselves.
I agree with you to an extent there, the bigger alliances do, more often than not, control the cluster alliances. They use them as another way of getting defence early on in the game, and they usually get it, hence their respective alliances still have extra defence on offer as some other people, not in their alliance, are defending them in cluster. Same with attacks from my experience, say allianec x controls the cluster and they are in a war against alliance y. They can get their cluster to attack alliance y, which once again helps their own alliance.
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 01:29   #10
Ferretus
ARS HQ

LOL
That is true, essentially the cluster alliances are recruitment forums for the larger alliances and huge spy networks that eventually lead to in cluster gal wipe outs and occasional alliance conflict. I really don't see the point of the eta bonus for cluster as it can really only lead to cluster warfare where the 7 larger gals or so take out the 3 smaller ones.

Unread 24 Oct 2004, 04:54   #11
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

That`s inevitable no matter what. If you have roids, expect them to be taken from you. :/
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 11:39   #12
Ferretus
ARS HQ

So why make it easier within cluster?

The original intention of the reduced cluster time was to be beneficial for defence etc and boost relations between gals. This has happened to an extent but it only applies to the choice leading to a few unfortuante gals getting beaten up. As the rounds progressed the usefulness of the eta bonus is gone as alliances become more important. Now its just destrimental to cluster relations as it encourages inter cluster roiding due to the bonus.

Unread 24 Oct 2004, 12:02   #13
jerome

There is no bonus..
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 12:10   #14
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Go check your mission page and you will see +1eta bonus within cluster

Unread 24 Oct 2004, 12:23   #15
jerome

Only for defence missions..
Unread 24 Oct 2004, 12:35   #16
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

Ferretus, I was calling you a noob because you seem to have the impression that this is still old PA where you get a benefit for attacking inside your cluster. There is no benefit for attacking inside the cluster, no eta bonus, only eta bonus for defending. Cluster/Parallel Alliances are but a shadow of a shadow of their former selves. There is no longer picking on the galaxies deemed "unworthy" to partake in the cluster alliance, that is of course assuming anyone actually tries to organize a cluster alliance. Most people pay no attention to cluster alliances anymore.

Once again I restate, "your noobness astounds me"
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 15:16   #17
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

The cluster system is basically fine as it is, some tweaks might happen but not in the form described here.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread