User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Oct 2004, 22:53   #1
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
[American Football] Scottish Claymores bite the Dust

Almost a 10 year run.... replaced in favour of a 5th German team, in fact the only thing keeping it NFL Europe and not NFL Germany is the Amsterdam Admirals

I'm guessing this has a lot to do with the high concentration of American military that do service in Germany.

The question remains, How long before Germany start playing against America for the True World Superbowl :P
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 23:06   #2
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough
Re: [American Football] Scottish Claymores bite the Dust

who cares
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 23:25   #3
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

The 10,000 people who turned up to their games, probably.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 00:59   #4
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Rheinfeier
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 03:49   #5
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sad But True 'Dace' option.

p.s. Hans given you are from the netherlands and the Amsterdam Admirals prove to be the only remaining franchise outside of Germany can you give us some 'unbiased' input on why it's survived in Holland longer than Scotland/England/Spain (or any other of our dutch members can feel free to answer this)?
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 07:50   #6
Llew Silvr Hand

Llew Silvr Hand is infamous around these partsLlew Silvr Hand is infamous around these parts

NFL Europe isn't very good in my opinion. You can't beat the NFL.

Come on, the St. Louis Rams!!!
Llew Silvr Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 09:52   #7
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

isnt nfl-europe just some place to go for american football players who arent good enough even for the worst of the us-teams?
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 09:54   #8
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm

p.s. Hans given you are from the netherlands and the Amsterdam Admirals prove to be the only remaining franchise outside of Germany can you give us some 'unbiased' input on why it's survived in Holland longer than Scotland/England/Spain (or any other of our dutch members can feel free to answer this)?
i think just enough people watch it here so they receive just enough money to get round. it's sometimes on TV and the stadium isn't really empty when they play. (like 10k people too perhaps?). and i'm not sure but i think i recall that amsterdam brought in some money aswell.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 13:07   #9
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

indeed

that and the fact that they play in the arena with all the merchandize arround it has it gotten enough that they can get around

2 minute awake grammar rocks
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 13:07   #10
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

eh?
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 15:24   #11
Llew Silvr Hand

Llew Silvr Hand is infamous around these partsLlew Silvr Hand is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
isnt nfl-europe just some place to go for american football players who arent good enough even for the worst of the us-teams?

Some NFL Europe players have gone on to play for NFL teams. Kurt Warner who played for Amsterdam Admirals before joining the St. Louis Rams was a great quarterback who led us to a Superbowl victory.

Unfortunately he then had a hand injury, became crap and was traded to the New York Giants.
Llew Silvr Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 15:37   #12
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

as i expected. if they are any good they join some team in the nfl, because they can make at least ten times as much money there.
its the same with real football. if there should ever be any good american players they will most likely play somewhere in europe, not in the us.
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 17:10   #13
Curufinwe
[+] Templar

Curufinwe is a jewel in the roughCurufinwe is a jewel in the roughCurufinwe is a jewel in the rough

the league is basically used as a farm system for the nfl clubs. you will see those players who are not yet good enough but might have potential. it also is a good way to get experience for young players.

as for why this thing is working out much better in germany than in the rest of europe i am not sure. i dont think it has to much to do with the amount of american forces present here since most of the ppl going to the games are germans. however i doubt that most of them go there because of the games. imo it has to do more with the pregame activities, i.e. partying, bbq, etc...
We have sworn, and not lightly. This oath we will keep. We are threatened with many evils, and treason not least; but one thing is not said: that we shall suffer from cowardice, from cravens or the fear of cravens. Therefore I say that we will go on, and this doom I add: the deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song until the last days of Arda.
Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 17:11   #14
Sunday8pm
Banned

Beer and Sausages... the staple of the german diet, how could I forget.
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 23:19   #15
Curufinwe
[+] Templar

Curufinwe is a jewel in the roughCurufinwe is a jewel in the roughCurufinwe is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Beer and Sausages... the staple of the german diet, how could I forget.
it could be worse
We have sworn, and not lightly. This oath we will keep. We are threatened with many evils, and treason not least; but one thing is not said: that we shall suffer from cowardice, from cravens or the fear of cravens. Therefore I say that we will go on, and this doom I add: the deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song until the last days of Arda.
Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote