User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 16 Oct 2004, 18:40   #1
madman2k30
Banned

madman2k30 is an unknown quantity at this point
the shuffle just started

were u suppose to opt out of the shuffle? o and it just started
madman2k30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 18:43   #2
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Re: the shuffle just started

ALL free planets are being shuffled
ALL paid planets are remaining in the galaxy groups they were in before the shuffle.

However all galaxy coords will change in order to compress the universe and try and get the clusters as level as possible in terms of playercount.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 18:45   #3
madman2k30
Banned

so it will also effect the gal score?
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 18:46   #4
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

if you get new players - yes

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 18:48   #5
madman2k30
Banned

that sux our gal was 78th
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 18:51   #6
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

You may be 77th now... you never know

edit: you'll know at PT73
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 18:52   #7
madman2k30
Banned

yeah rite more than likely is 178th
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 18:54   #8
A2
#planetarion

Incidentally, the shuffle is complete now - You can login again.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 18:56   #9
madman2k30
Banned

this reshuffle sux we lost over 100k in points
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:07   #10
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

thanks for all the 0 roid planets, i`m really grateful. useful shuffle, really. heh. Instead of "helping" in anyway, your just making us waste our goddamn resources in exiling the goddamn utter shit planets wih 0 (....why...didnt..you..delete....all.....of..them....) roids. I heard the 0 roid planets were not deleted because they were "active" (:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D) so basically, they were multi-accs/spies etc who are uberly-active but just dont bother doing anything with their accounts? :d

wonderful!

i hope you can feel my gratitude.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:10   #11
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

that shuffle helped alot....no really it did :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:13   #12
madman2k30
Banned

so who thinks this is a **** up of an idea?
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:15   #13
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

me, ffs, its shafted the game, now people i know from my *old* cluster know my rulername etc, great start to the freakin round
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:17   #14
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

this is so fkin unfunny. my galaxy lost 4 players which seemed active (although they had free accounts) and we got back 2 planets with < 10 roids. i believe the inactive planets were supposed to be deleted before the shuffle?

all this said and done, our PA team forgets to recognize the fact that, by thinking they will make this game more fair for everyone, they only make it more fair for those couple of players who were to slow/retarded/noobish not to get 5 private persons in their galaxy to begin with. those who did manage to get 5 private players and received some good free/random planets in their galaxies are paying the price.

not to mention those people paying for 5 of their randoms in the beginning which can all sit back and laugh at the 'decent' galaxies who didn't get all 10 planets paid and are now 'paying' the price for having decent planets taken away.

and why for gods sake were all coords changed? to make it more 'fair'? doesn't anybody use their brains at PA team? maybe some people actually spent a lot of time trying to sort out their cluster alliance? i for hell know some people in my 'old' cluster had spent hours every day on sorting out things and getting a real cluster alliance going.

spinner and co. next time you try to make things 'fair', think about making things 'right' first. if you can't make things right by making them fair, please don't do anything at all, cause it seems with every poor action of the PA team it's clear they shouldn't make them. to many people suffer from your poor lame actions. cut it out. let randoms be random and freebies be free. let the dam galaxies be. where did the time go when factors like 'random', 'luck' and activity still played a part in PA and we didn't need 'the hand of god spinner' to correct the universe because he thought it was ' unfair'.

this is S - H - I - T.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:18   #15
Fake

Fake is an unknown quantity at this point

Very cool we spent tons of ressources to exile all those inactive that joined our gal and then when we found an active randomplayer he got shuffled out
This is no good
Fake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:36   #16
Nology

Nology is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow...we went from having 10 planets and having two decent randoms to having 9 planets and two zero roid randoms. Thanks, I appreciate the 'fairness' of the shuffle. Now our chance to finish anywhere near the Top 100 that was actually looking somewhat decent is now crap. Very much appreciated, I do hope the gals who got the good randoms (those that didn't need them in the first place) enjoy having an easy round courteousy of our 'great' PA team.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:39   #17
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

I`ve whined enough etc. I still believe paid randoms should have got shuffled. But the shuffle may have done what it was supposed to and "evened the universe*" (apart from the top gals).

By making them all equally poor, and the top gals considerably better? we`ll find out during next dump in sandmans etc anyhow.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:42   #18
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Top gal wasnt effected at all.

Personally in the gal im in, we lost a player around 200 roids and 67k score and 1 inactive with 6 roids.

what did we gain.

A ****ing 0 roid out of protection terran.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:46   #19
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

The galaxy I was in before the shuffle atleast had 7 actives.
This one seems to have about 3-4.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:52   #20
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
The galaxy I was in before the shuffle atleast had 7 actives.
This one seems to have about 3-4.
So you're playing a free account?

(If you'd paid you wouldn't have been moved).

Or is it that you've lost some active unpaid planets?
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 20:01   #21
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

yea, I do agree that PA Team did a shitty job of making this "fair"

my gal went down in roid count by nearly 300....and hell, we weren't even near the top of the list, we were barely in the top100.

Great screw up PA Team...
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 20:06   #22
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas
So you're playing a free account?

(If you'd paid you wouldn't have been moved).

Or is it that you've lost some active unpaid planets?
Im a freebie yes.
Im not sure about the other planets, weather they were paid or not.
Anyways, my current galaxy sucks completly, and Im so close to just delete my freebie heh.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 20:21   #23
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

In that case, you had the choice to stay where you were - by paying before the shuffle.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 22:52   #24
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

"In that case, you had the choice to stay where you were - by paying before the shuffle."

He shouldn't have to! It is everyones right to play on a freebie (with limited tech etc) or not and doing a big "I told you so" is such a crap comment. Zhurkovs comments were valid and simply highlighted another side of the argument.

Ok enough moaning there.

I agree with the general concensus of these boards though, the shuffle has been annoying. Why did we waste all those resources exiling players out to get active players. We didn't mind if they were freebies or not as everyone should have a fair chance of a game. So when we lost our 4 active noobs I was not impressed. Now we got to start all over again exiling the crap until we eventually we get someone who is worth a piss in a bucket.

Again a lot of effort was wasted in organising the cluster alliance which no doubt is reflected in many clusters.

If any reshuffle was to happen then it should have happened before ticks start. Or in the event of an emergency as this seemed to be (for whatever reason) then clear guidelines as to when the ticks will restart should be placed with plenty of notice. Currently its 23:00 (nearly) GMT and the ticker still isn't moving despite it being a few hours overdue.

We got research/attacks planned. Close the game for 24hrs to at least give people a chance to fix what this has cocked up.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 22:55   #25
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road

As I said in a different post, WAY the go PA team!!!! \o/

A m8 got 3 randoms 175+ roids and my gal got 3 shit randoms (2 with 0 roids)

A GREAT and FAIR shuffle!!!!!

PA team, you move a planet from my gal into a top gal, you **** up my gal totally and now you give me 3 inactive and usless randoms, damn how more fcking useless can you be? And we pay for this fcking shit...
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 23:49   #26
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretus
"In that case, you had the choice to stay where you were - by paying before the shuffle."

He shouldn't have to! It is everyones right to play on a freebie (with limited tech etc) or not and doing a big "I told you so" is such a crap comment. Zhurkovs comments were valid and simply highlighted another side of the argument.
Valid - perhaps. But complaining about something you got for free doesn't carry much weight. My point was that the paid accounts had far more reason (and right) to complain.

As for your opinion of the quality of my comments................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretus
Ok enough moaning there.
Agreed - and pretty much what I said.
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 00:59   #27
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Round is over for lotsa ppl isnt it ?

ill vote for YES

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 08:16   #28
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought the threadname was "the shuffle is just retarded"
oh well
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 13:26   #29
madman2k30
Banned

it was then i started to bitch about PA's screw up!! who do u think im concentrating my attack on during the round?? i say the entire universe should just launch an all out attack against 1:1 and wipe the PA team off the face of the map
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 13:29   #30
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman2k30
it was then i started to bitch about PA's screw up!! who do u think im concentrating my attack on during the round?? i say the entire universe should just launch an all out attack against 1:1 and wipe the PA team off the face of the map
You really think they'd be bothered if you did that??? No
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 13:36   #31
madman2k30
Banned

it would be good for a laugh eventhough they would proberly cheat and give themselves extra stuff
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 13:38   #32
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

hundreds of n00bs attack 1:1 daily anyways, if you'd attack them they wouldn't even notice. They dont PLAY with those planets, they are just serving as mailboxes.
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 13:39   #33
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

PA team don't play the round seriously and consequently wouldn't be bothered too much about being attacked. Though sometimes i've seen them with a lot of defence, big time overkill defence
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote