User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Sep 2004, 19:07   #1
Jabaus
Warfare Founder

Jabaus is an unknown quantity at this point
the online indicator

how it is it only shows whos on in your galaxy.

however it would be good for this to work for alliance members too, so when u view another galaxy which contains a member of your alliance the online indicator will show then too.

#warfarehq
Jabaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2004, 19:32   #2
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: the online indicator

Such an indicator would be much too usefull for spies. In many alliances people that are online are expected to be on IRC, so you can see there who's online and who's not.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2004, 20:17   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

depends who is able to see it or not - like the arbiter
Hcs only perhaps ?
Unread 9 Sep 2004, 20:51   #4
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

hc's will have info on who's defended when, how many times etc. i can't see it being much use

-mist
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 02:01   #5
yupster
Dawsons Creek r0x

yupster is an unknown quantity at this point

how about bringing back the online indicator on one of the scans?

not necessarily the planet scan, but perhaps the news scan, or something?

[1up]

Round5 - 16:23
Round11 - 21:1
Round12 - 22:5
yupster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 03:20   #6
Jabaus
Warfare Founder

Jabaus is an unknown quantity at this point

as phil said maybe if only the HC's can see it then this cant be abused by spes... unless an alliance is really slacking and promotes a spy!!

#warfarehq
Jabaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 09:21   #7
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Why do we need an online indicator at all??

like gerbie says most alliances require members to be on irc when o/l, what good would it do alliance HC's to know what members are o/l if they can't contact them on irc anyways?? If you are talking about a measure of activity i think most alliances have an adequate points system in place neways??

And if it was included on one of the scans it would remove a lot of the risk from attacking just wait till their not o/l then launch and sleep happy (till you get up for a jumpie:P)

It just seams like introducing a further security risk for alliances to worry about with little or no potential benefit!
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 14:08   #8
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
Why do we need an online indicator at all??

like gerbie says most alliances require members to be on irc when o/l, what good would it do alliance HC's to know what members are o/l if they can't contact them on irc anyways?? If you are talking about a measure of activity i think most alliances have an adequate points system in place neways??

And if it was included on one of the scans it would remove a lot of the risk from attacking just wait till their not o/l then launch and sleep happy (till you get up for a jumpie:P)

It just seams like introducing a further security risk for alliances to worry about with little or no potential benefit!
Knowing if your galmates are online?! Just perhaps?

Since we have random gals, then you can't just pop onto irc to check - and often people at work have PA open but can't use IRC...

I really wish you'd thought before you posted...
Unread 11 Sep 2004, 14:50   #9
yupster
Dawsons Creek r0x

yupster is an unknown quantity at this point

Get back online indicator in SCANS!

[1up]

Round5 - 16:23
Round11 - 21:1
Round12 - 22:5
yupster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 11:11   #10
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

[quote=Nonentity]Knowing if your galmates are online?! Just perhaps?[quote]

hmmm... i did think before i posted for one however if your gal m8s are o/l and they are gonna be of any use to you they will be on irc???
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 11:14   #11
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

God forbid they refresh the politics board every few minutes, eh. Or respond to those awful PA mails.
Unread 15 Sep 2004, 13:18   #12
flikman
Idiot

flikman can only hope to improve

The indicator is flawed anyway, in that it says a player is online until the 2hour time expires / the log out - whichever comes first.

A player can log in, build 10 harpy and then close IE and go to bed.

Its not very accurate, and IRC is the only way to know who is online
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 15:48   #13
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity
Knowing if your galmates are online?! Just perhaps?

I really wish you'd thought before you posted...
hehe the discussion was NOT about the ingal online indicator.
i really wish you read before you posted (SCNR).
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 14:07   #14
DRaKhNaR
WarFare member

DRaKhNaR is an unknown quantity at this point

ummm ... i have another idea .. let`s make an alliance member list .. with the online indicator in the alliance ... that only a HC could see ... or alliance leader permission for the rest
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 14:11   #15
DRaKhNaR
WarFare member

DRaKhNaR is an unknown quantity at this point

well me .. as an alliance leader ..would like to know if there are inactives in my alliance ... and if there are people in the alliance that don`t use the com unit .. or irc ... so... i would msg them and tell them to get online the irc channel
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 15:09   #16
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaKhNaR
well me .. as an alliance leader ..would like to know if there are inactives in my alliance ... and if there are people in the alliance that don`t use the com unit .. or irc ... so... i would msg them and tell them to get online the irc channel
So why would you need the online indicator to send them a message telling them to get on irc? You can tell if there are inactives in your alliance without the need of an online indicator.
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 16:35   #17
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of
Talking Re: the online indicator

I guess its handy. But its not that important. Better fix the resource bug first ^^
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote