User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 6 Dec 2014, 12:51   #51
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice
Re: Stats for r60

You couldn't use ac dc more close to what we commonly have?

Just looked at them briefly and spotted the terran beast called r4pecruiser which wars frde, team it up with scorpion for unstoppable force.

Then I looked one further down and think would I even bother going offclass pods and getting a teamup when I can pwn everything with my dreaded dragonoughts.

But there is only 4 races with Fr pods so doubt they will have any other uses than dominating attacks
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2014, 09:25   #52
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

I love my rape cruiser

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2014, 18:07   #53
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

so you going to do some changes, or are we looking at the final version?

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2014, 20:32   #54
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
so you going to do some changes, or are we looking at the final version?
EMP resistance on Xan frigs will be nerphed, thats the first plan.
Considering to change Marauder to fire/kill at FR with init 7, and move Bomber up to init 8 and the Drake to init 6.

Unread 8 Dec 2014, 20:36   #55
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Either that or add a outclass destroyer for ter with teh same specs. init 7

Unread 8 Dec 2014, 20:37   #56
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Or making the clipper like that.
Im not sure yet what to do 0_o

Unread 8 Dec 2014, 20:43   #57
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Im not even sure if i need to do anything with it. I dont think xan fr is all that unstoppable as mz claims.

Unread 9 Dec 2014, 01:23   #58
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Im not even sure if i need to do anything with it. I dont think xan fr is all that unstoppable as mz claims.
Two Demeter pods last time I checked..

Love the astro-pods return (when was it last in a round)?

Frig needs something to stop it, currently it seems all ships with quicker ETA don't hit it well (quickly enough or powerfully enough) - maybe [and bear with me here], maybe add a frig that shoots frigs.. SHOCK!

get rid of the bs pod from xan, they are strong enough with the potential to fake fighter as frigs and with their frigs being so strong without even more roiding options.

Just my thoughts..

It seems 'MT' enough for me

P.s. my thoughts aren't crazy as earlier indicated kthxbye
Unread 9 Dec 2014, 02:25   #59
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggy View Post
Two Demeter pods last time I checked..

Love the astro-pods return (when was it last in a round)?

Frig needs something to stop it, currently it seems all ships with quicker ETA don't hit it well (quickly enough or powerfully enough) - maybe [and bear with me here], maybe add a frig that shoots frigs.. SHOCK!

get rid of the bs pod from xan, they are strong enough with the potential to fake fighter as frigs and with their frigs being so strong without even more roiding options.

Just my thoughts..

It seems 'MT' enough for me

P.s. my thoughts aren't crazy as earlier indicated kthxbye
So this is basicly what i did.

Ter:
Played around with A/C-D/C a little to make it more normal-looking.

Cath:
Added more guns to the black widow and mantis

Zik:
Changed Corsairs to init 7 kill ships.(fire before xan FR now)
Highered the EMP resistance of the dagger

Xan:

Played around with A/C-D/C a little to make it more normal-looking.
Removed T2 on tzen
Added T2 bomber to CO
Increased the init of broadsword to 9
Upped the cost on the broadswords and peacekeepers.

Unread 9 Dec 2014, 23:34   #60
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

I had a quick look at the stats that are on the beta server.

What's the deal with Etd FR?
ETD can not build a FR ship that targets DE;
The Roaches (Cat)/Marauder (Etd) are both DE ships which have FR as T1.

Meaning: defending against ETD FR with these ships is completely risk free.. or at least until a ETD planet manages to steal FR ships from Ter/Xan/Zik
Ofc that might be intentional.. so please clarify..

And looking at the earlier posts, it looks like Mzyxptlk also mentioned this but I don't think it was answered.
Quoting the relevant part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
In these stats, where Fr has to hit 5 classes, Etd Fr is missing a target. Is that an oversight or intentional? If the latter, I'd be interested in hearing what it is.

Last edited by Bram; 10 Dec 2014 at 00:16. Reason: Correct races that have FR ships to Ter/Xan/Zik instead of Ter/Cat/Zik
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2014, 00:02   #61
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
I had a quick look at the stats that are on the beta server.

What's the deal with Etd FR?
ETD can not build a FR ship that targets DE;
The Roaches (Cat)/Marauder (Etd) are both DE ships which have FR as T1.

Meaning: defending against ETD FR with these ships is completely risk free.. or at least until a ETD planet manages to steal FR ships from Ter/Cat/Zik
Ofc that might be intentional.. so please clarify..

And looking at the earlier posts, it looks like Mzyxptlk also mentioned this but I don't think it was answered.
Quoting the relevant part:
Well yeah, its intetional.
But does it affect the dynamics of the stats that much?
All other of the FR races got one race their certainly not good at, perhaps they do fire at all their ships, but they are lower inits, so a def fleet from that race would most likely mean a recall.

Unread 10 Dec 2014, 00:29   #62
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it just looks odd at a glance since ETD have 4 pod classes

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2014, 00:50   #63
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well yeah, its intetional.
But does it affect the dynamics of the stats that much?
I can't really answer that since I don't think I have enough experience with stats in general but trying anyway;

For ETD FR to be viable as an attack fleet I believe it needs to stop the DE hole.. And in order to do that it needs FR ships from another race.
So how/where to get them?

Possibilities:

a) covop

This is going to be a long and slow process..
And the question remains if you'll be able to get enough FR based anti-DE ships that way

b) stealing

Needs a good DE fleet.
But a potential problem:
  • TER has 3 ships that fire before the ETD DE (FR, CR, BS)
  • Xan has 2 ships that fire before the ETD DE (FI, FR)
  • Zik for a pure attack fleet this doesn't look worth the trouble since the only FR based anti-DE ship of Zik is a steal ship.. It could still be worthwhile to expand the DE fleet with DE ships of other races but I did not check how viable that is.

So in order for ETD FR to be successful you would need a good ETD DE fleet and/or a Cat DE teamup.
But if you have a good ETD DE attack fleet and/or team secured then why bother with building the FR attack fleet?

c) teaming

Basing what follows solely on the initiative...
I know there is more to it but just using it as a starting point..
  • Ter+Etd FR: Landing on:
    • Ter: now land-able, a solo Ter FR or a solo Etd FR fleet is outinitted by Ter ships, the teamed fleet has the better init
    • Cat: EMPed
    • Xan: no help, Pulsar has the better init
    • Zik: a solo Ter FR fleet can land it, a solo Etd FR fleet can not. So with the teamup it becomes possible for Etd FR to land it
    • Etd: a solo Ter fleet can land but will be EMPed, a solo Etd FR fleet will be killed. So with the teamup it becomes possible for Etd FR to land it (still EMPed tho)
  • Xan+Etd FR: Landing on:
    • Ter: now land-able, a solo Xan FR or a solo Etd FR fleet is outinitted by Ter ships, the teamed fleet has the better init
    • Xan: a solo Xan FR fleet can land it, a solo Etd FR fleet can not. So with the teamup it becomes possible for Etd FR to land it
    • Zik: no help, Corsair remains with the better init
    • Etd: a solo Xan fleet can land but will be EMPed, a solo Etd FR fleet will be killed. So with the teamup it becomes possible for Etd FR to land it (still EMPed tho)
  • Zik+Etd FR: Landing on:
    • Ter: no help, Ter remains with the better init
    • Xan: no help, Xan remains with the better init
    • Zik: no help, Zik remains with the better init
    • Etd: a solo Zik fleet can land but will be EMPed, a solo Etd FR fleet will be killed. So with the teamup it becomes possible for Etd FR to land it (still EMPed tho)

And just repeating what I said at the top: I don't really have enough experience with stats so the above may or may not make sense..
If it doesn't make sense then feel free to ignore it.
Unread 10 Dec 2014, 01:21   #64
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
I guess it just looks odd at a glance since ETD have 4 pod classes
Well its suppose to look odd.
Im not trying to make stats that looks well balanced and looking all square and a4ish at first glance.
How the stats will play out(or how it could play out) is the main focus.
So ETD have 4 pod classes, so what? Is it unfair? Imho, NO
Does it make sense? At first glance, perhaps not.

You need to read stats as a whole.

Unread 10 Dec 2014, 02:17   #65
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I read the stats. My reply was aimed above, where mz and Bram both brought up the point(s) about ETD FR having a firing "hole" compared to the other FR fleets.

Not complaining about 4 pods. Not saying it does or does not make sense to have 4 pods.

Also appreciating that your stats aren't "square and level". We're not building a house, and I do like some spice thrown in (Cat with a steal ship? Sure, run with it).

Not bashing, not bitching, just curious. ETD has always been a ****ing whore to "balance". I think we're just wanting to know how your wheels are turning in regards to designing these stats; ETD FR in particular.

Thanks.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 10 Dec 2014, 09:53   #66
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

It is a deliberate hole. ETD FR cant attack ETD DE.
Every fleet race got some race they cant attack with one of the fleet options.
Yes you need to team up to ensure you can land, its a teamgame after all.
Want to solo? Attack something you can take alone

Unread 10 Dec 2014, 15:10   #67
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Turning wheels.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2014, 20:54   #68
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

tl;dr: "people pointed out (possible) flaws in my stats but I dismissed them as they're intended for tactical diversity"
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2014, 21:18   #69
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

In his defence, as far as I can see every race is playable in some form.
Unread 10 Dec 2014, 22:26   #70
Cochese
Retired

Yeah, inclined to agree with isil on this.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 10 Dec 2014, 22:53   #71
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

I never said they weren't, but there are certainly some things to be ironed out which he seems reluctant to do.
Unread 10 Dec 2014, 23:16   #72
Cochese
Retired

Still plenty of time for constructive feedback

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 11 Dec 2014, 01:53   #73
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

They dont look to bad i dont understand the shit everyone is going on about with ETD..

but still time to fix it
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2014, 02:09   #74
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
I never said they weren't, but there are certainly some things to be ironed out which he seems reluctant to do.
Ironed out as in be explained?

Unread 11 Dec 2014, 02:20   #75
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
tl;dr: "people pointed out (possible) flaws in my stats but I dismissed them as they're intended for tactical diversity"
I fail to see what is the flaws.
Flaws for me is things that drag the stats into a certain race or certain roidclass.
Tactical diversity indeed

Unread 11 Dec 2014, 06:47   #76
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I fail to see what is the flaws.
Flaws for me is things that drag the stats into a certain race or certain roidclass.
Tactical diversity indeed
by this statement FR is flawed big time
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2014, 06:58   #77
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
by this statement FR is flawed big time
I dont even understand what you mean by this. They too good, too bad or just the fact that 4 races got fr pods?

Unread 11 Dec 2014, 07:07   #78
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's a problem that etd's FR fleet is "missing" a target. The fact that the fleet is cloaked and that etd have three other fleets to fake it as should make up for it.
Unread 11 Dec 2014, 07:20   #79
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
I don't think it's a problem that etd's FR fleet is "missing" a target. The fact that the fleet is cloaked and that etd have three other fleets to fake it as should make up for it.
And the only DE thats gonna harm it is maraudr

Unread 11 Dec 2014, 08:24   #80
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

I still think all this is Fr good or not is just hot air and not addressing the major issue with these stats.

As far as I'm aware there is still no changes to the XP formula and in these stats only the tzen outints Xan Fi as a killing ship at eta 7 or 8.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2014, 09:41   #81
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I still think all this is Fr good or not is just hot air and not addressing the major issue with these stats.

As far as I'm aware there is still no changes to the XP formula and in these stats only the tzen outints Xan Fi as a killing ship at eta 7 or 8.
That xp will be nerphed is quite obvious

Unread 11 Dec 2014, 09:49   #82
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It is? Appoco told you? Because unless he did exactly that, you should not depend on what you guess will or won't happen.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 11 Dec 2014, 09:54   #83
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
It is? Appoco told you? Because unless he did exactly that, you should not depend on what you guess will or won't happen.
Mill centers or formula, id be quite suprised if no change

Unread 11 Dec 2014, 11:13   #84
Bram

Quote:
The XP formula is changed for the xmas round: http://winter.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=formulae

I would expect a similar change to be done in r60..
Unread 11 Dec 2014, 11:50   #85
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Yeah the change is however ridiculus small. Hopefully it gets changed more for r60
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2014, 11:53   #86
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Here's how that affects XP:

Code:
target score: 900
target value: 600
|  your |  your |     r59 | score gain |  winter | score gain |  r59 / |
| score | value | bravery | 1000 roids | bravery | 1000 roids | winter |
|-------+-------+---------+------------+---------+------------+--------|
|   225 |   150 |   3.420 |    2052000 |   3.400 |    2040000 |  99.4% |
|   450 |   300 |   3.420 |    2052000 |   3.060 |    1836000 |  89.5% |
|   900 |   600 |   0.720 |     432000 |   0.720 |     432000 | 100.0% |
|  1800 |  1200 |   0.120 |      72000 |   0.120 |      72000 | 100.0% |
|  3600 |  2400 |   0.007 |       4500 |   0.040 |      24000 | 533.3% |
|   400 |   100 |   3.420 |    2052000 |   3.400 |    2040000 |  99.4% |
|   600 |   100 |   2.470 |    1482000 |   1.842 |    1105000 |  74.6% |
|   800 |   100 |   1.758 |    1054500 |   1.123 |     673929 |  63.9% |
|  1000 |   100 |   1.330 |     798000 |   0.744 |     446250 |  55.9% |
|  1200 |   100 |   1.045 |     627000 |   0.519 |     311667 |  49.7% |
|  1400 |   100 |   0.841 |     504857 |   0.376 |     225857 |  44.7% |
|  1600 |   100 |   0.689 |     413250 |   0.280 |     168068 |  40.7% |
The top half of the table shows XP gain for standard value planets (score = value * 1.5) roiding each other. The bottom half shows a real XP whore roiding a value player. I assumed that an XP whore would focus all their efforts in 1 class, so that they would be able to roid anyone with up to 6 times their value.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 11 Dec 2014 at 12:05.
Unread 11 Dec 2014, 17:30   #87
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

See this is why I keep bringing up the xan thing. I think that bar a major major nerf to the fundamentals of XPing if you have a set of stats where xan fi can roid 4 races with no useful defence at ally eta then you will continue to have issues with xpwhores.

We need to forget rd59 it was a majorly extreme example which just highlighted the imbalance of xp. Rd 58 however had stats which like these were middle of the road in design. Joseph as a Xan won that round with XP. There is a fair chance if these stats are played and stay roughly as they are that xping is no less viable than it was in 58.
Unread 11 Dec 2014, 17:36   #88
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

You need to not allow Xan fi to free roid 4 races.

The Good stats where stuff is quite balanced have Terran or ETD with a same init fi/co or a fr/de stopper that kills it dead (see Pegasus normally).

I know you want quirky stats with holes and nuances and cat ships that steal (horrible btw) but there is certain fundamentals you need to abide by to ensure that attacking options are 'fair'. This is one of them.

Let Xan Fi pwn Zik, let it be able to solo on ETD or TER. Everyone should be able to roid Cat and never let Xan roid itself (which you have done)
Unread 11 Dec 2014, 23:39   #89
Patrikc

Quote:
never let Xan roid itself (which you have done)
Ironically, in the past, the opposite was true. If Xan couldn't roid Xan it made going all Xan all that more tempting, however with the advent of the great XP exchange last round that sort of changed. I'm fine with Xan Fr being able to roid Xan, though, it's better than Fi roiding everything.
Unread 12 Dec 2014, 00:31   #90
Mzyxptlk
mz.

If races can (easily) roid themselves, then the more people go that race, the more targets that race will have. It's a positive feedback loop that's almost impossible to balance. This has always been true, but especially of Xan, and especially especially of Xan Fi.
Unread 12 Dec 2014, 02:48   #91
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

So ill try break down my view on xan fi and XP whoring.

R59
Had one in eta FI def(emp), and one out eta FI def.
3 "race strats" or "roidclass" strats would give you in eta anti FI.
The hug eff was 173% for the beetles, more or less very ineffective seeing it was ST stats.

My stats has two in ETA fi def(emp) and two out eta FI def.
All "race strats" or "roidclass" strats will give you in eta anti FI.
The hug eff on beetles is 183% and 170% for defenders, and its MT stats so that beet/defender value is not only set for anti FI.

Saying that xan FI hasnt been nerphed a lot is pretty out there in my view.
XP whores will usualy build MCs, wich means unless you for some reason dont choose to build amps, you are likely to get through with inc scans.
Last round playing cath meant that you would have to split your fleet in 4 parts just to get enough value to stop what beets/vipers-defenders/smugglers will this round. and another 2 part split to have something to attack CR/BS.
I will not say this means everyone will have twice as much value in anti FI for cath/etds, but its not that far off.
The EMP eff is increased 15% overall, and adding that its MT stats this will ofc affect the dynamics of the stats.
Also note that xan FI is only ST.

Unread 12 Dec 2014, 02:55   #92
Haer
Aquafresh

Haer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura about

Some people have pointed out that XP is only broken due to the double whammy of XP formula plus stats. I think this is probably correct, but it doesn't lead to the conclusion that the formula is fine and the way to fix things is with stats. A simple approach would be to just cap the contribution from XP to score. If you made it so that score was value + min(const*value, xp), you would remove the main problem (imo) with the current value strategy which is that it encourages players to stay small / start late.
Haer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2014, 08:26   #93
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
So ill try break down my view on xan fi and XP whoring.

R59
Had one in eta FI def(emp), and one out eta FI def.
3 "race strats" or "roidclass" strats would give you in eta anti FI.
The hug eff was 173% for the beetles, more or less very ineffective seeing it was ST stats.

My stats has two in ETA fi def(emp) and two out eta FI def.
All "race strats" or "roidclass" strats will give you in eta anti FI.
The hug eff on beetles is 183% and 170% for defenders, and its MT stats so that beet/defender value is not only set for anti FI.

Saying that xan FI hasnt been nerphed a lot is pretty out there in my view.
XP whores will usualy build MCs, wich means unless you for some reason dont choose to build amps, you are likely to get through with inc scans.
Last round playing cath meant that you would have to split your fleet in 4 parts just to get enough value to stop what beets/vipers-defenders/smugglers will this round. and another 2 part split to have something to attack CR/BS.
I will not say this means everyone will have twice as much value in anti FI for cath/etds, but its not that far off.
The EMP eff is increased 15% overall, and adding that its MT stats this will ofc affect the dynamics of the stats.
Also note that xan FI is only ST.
Xan Fi xpwhores don't defend so they can put all their value into FI. They don't care IF their class is ST or MT. It outints everything that fires at it bar the tzen (which can't ally def it) and EMP (which doesn't deter a land).

In these stats they can do what they have done for last 2 rounds, escort to lands on 4 of 5 races. If anything they have MORE roiding options than before!!!

Regarding XP caps that is just wrong and a backwards way to solve a simple issue. Cap the multipliers (mcs) not XP itself. If you t10 and you let a guy ranked 600th land on you then you only have yourself to blame to be frank.
Unread 12 Dec 2014, 08:52   #94
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Kai.
What race did huehueha play R58, and can you please, some what, slightly make that coherent with your claims of XP stats here.
Look at the top XP whores, r58. Whats the percentage of xans in there?

I know you dont play this game anymore, not the last two rounds afaik, and i know you got your own ideas on stats, ship strat, and how to play this game, but sometimes i start wondering what you are trying to achieve

Last edited by BloodyButcher; 12 Dec 2014 at 09:09.
Unread 12 Dec 2014, 12:25   #95
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Kai.
What race did huehueha play R58, and can you please, some what, slightly make that coherent with your claims of XP stats here.
Look at the top XP whores, r58. Whats the percentage of xans in there?

I know you dont play this game anymore, not the last two rounds afaik, and i know you got your own ideas on stats, ship strat, and how to play this game, but sometimes i start wondering what you are trying to achieve
I'm not ttrying to 'achieve' anything.

I find that not playing gives me a better view of the game now as I have no agendas anymore.

I just want things to be fair and as even as possible. XP whining as been a major over reaction to what is actually a small issues and an easy fix. People like yourself are trying to spice things up by making querky stats but I don't think the answers lie there. Changing a few inits doesn't make the game play much different unfortunately and adding pods will not have the effect you wish either.

The core of the game, research/cons/combat etc... Are largely unchanged and so the game will continue to play the same way.... Sadly
Unread 12 Dec 2014, 13:15   #96
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haer View Post
Some people have pointed out that XP is only broken due to the double whammy of XP formula plus stats. I think this is probably correct, but it doesn't lead to the conclusion that the formula is fine and the way to fix things is with stats. A simple approach would be to just cap the contribution from XP to score. If you made it so that score was value + min(const*value, xp), you would remove the main problem (imo) with the current value strategy which is that it encourages players to stay small / start late.
But this is a stats thread, not an XP thread. Discussions about what XP should or shouldn't be do not belong here, only what it will actually become, once PA Team decide on that.
Unread 12 Dec 2014, 14:40   #97
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I'm not ttrying to 'achieve' anything.

I find that not playing gives me a better view of the game now as I have no agendas anymore.

I just want things to be fair and as even as possible. XP whining as been a major over reaction to what is actually a small issues and an easy fix. People like yourself are trying to spice things up by making querky stats but I don't think the answers lie there. Changing a few inits doesn't make the game play much different unfortunately and adding pods will not have the effect you wish either.

The core of the game, research/cons/combat etc... Are largely unchanged and so the game will continue to play the same way.... Sadly
How on Earth can you get a better view from not playing?
As a outsider of the game, or even as a peon of a certain alliance, you barely got any knowledge on whats realy going on.
Just looking at the top100 from last round it was barely 1/3 of the top100 wich was full XP whoring with a quick glance. This was with very offensive stats.
R58 there was barely anyone XP whoring in the top 100. This also with offensive stats.

Obviously PA has either seen a decrease in quality in alliances, or the quality is more spread now, or just very tireing stats.
This has made XP whoring far more effective, its not just the formula/mill centers thats gone out of controll.

Unread 12 Dec 2014, 15:24   #98
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
How on Earth can you get a better view from not playing?

Think he was aiming to say hes able to be neutral now and look on stats without any personal or alliance preferences/thoughts/plans.

I´d like to see a poll on racial distribution now, cause tbh i think we will be seeing a XAN universe once more.

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2014, 16:18   #99
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
Think he was aiming to say hes able to be neutral now and look on stats without any personal or alliance preferences/thoughts/plans.

I´d like to see a poll on racial distribution now, cause tbh i think we will be seeing a XAN universe once more.
Well im not sure a racial poll would be what we want.
perhaps a roid class poll? or atleast a race + roid class poll.
Alliance tend to spread out their races accros a fleet strat, seeing we got 4 FR races, most likely we would have some spread over there.

Unread 12 Dec 2014, 17:04   #100
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
As a outsider of the game, or even as a peon of a certain alliance, you barely got any knowledge on whats realy going on.
The assumption that you need to have a planet or be an HC in order to know what's going on is faulty. Would you say that to Golan, who has never HC'ed an alliance? Or eksero, who hasn't in 30 rounds? Hell, several people HC'ed alliances last round for whom I would consider 'clueless' to be a compliment.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 12 Dec 2014 at 18:30. Reason: Clarification.