User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Mar 2006, 20:36   #1
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute
Something strange happened to my 3G mobile phone this evening.

When I get back home, from work I usually put the phone on the table next to the `pooter. I leave it there because it is easy to answer a call; no problems there. It`s switched on and sitting there behaving itself. After a while the screen lights up and says it`s sending a message?!? All for no reason. The screen goes blank, and I check if a message has been sent. The message option confirms that no message has been sent. How strange. This has never happened before. Do you think there could be a problem with the phone? Has anyone else here heard about or come across this sort of activity?

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.

Last edited by pyirt; 10 Mar 2006 at 20:45.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 23:42   #2
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Something strange happened to my 3G mobile phone this evening.

Nokia 6630 / 6680 / N70 ?
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 01:27   #3
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

No. Strangely enough a Motorola C975 (I know it`s cheap and old*).

*I am not refering to myself here!

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.

Last edited by pyirt; 11 Mar 2006 at 01:34.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 09:05   #4
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah, you are cheap and young
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 09:13   #5
pyirt
nomen est omen

Cheers. Thanks...............

Me=Hans_Blix
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 10:43   #6
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to send a message or receive one for the phone to get signal things. How do you think the network knows the phone is there to send the message to? It has a little check and then it hunts you down and then you get taken.

Thats my plan anyway
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:21   #7
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold

wow, read the topic and thought it was some kind of ghost incident

would have been cool

you pick up the phone and all you hear is "SEVEN DAYS"
or maybe that kinky rotting bitch has a new way of doing it. in 7 days you get the delivery report

aaaah!
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:41   #8
pyirt
nomen est omen

I think it was a ghost incident. I was never sending a text at the time. Very strange. You have to believe me.

Me=Hans_Blix
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 22:42   #9
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
You don't need to send a message or receive one for the phone to get signal things. How do you think the network knows the phone is there to send the message to?
There are signalling and messaging channels in the GSM spec that are broadcast to all phones in a particular cell so that actual 'messages' are not sent for background tasks, generally.
That load of interference you here on your car radio could be a call coming in, but is likelier to be the phone registering with the new cell (which it determines based on signal strength and traffic congestion), but even that won't cause it to light up and appear to be active.

I saw the same thing here in the US a couple of months ago and I don't know what the **** it was.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 23:11   #10
pyirt
nomen est omen

Cheers DM.

Me=Hans_Blix