User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 15 Nov 2015, 19:33   #1
Rokk3000

Rokk3000 will become famous soon enoughRokk3000 will become famous soon enough
covert ops

All of a sudden I went from nearly 100% success in covert ops to nearly 0%, even though I start with 88-90% stealth rating and choose targets with few or no security centers and few agents for their size. What would cause this, and how can I fix it?
Rokk3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2015, 20:38   #2
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: covert ops

pt 400+ is usually the time players start putting population on security
Unread 15 Nov 2015, 21:47   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Correct. If your targets don't need to be large (ie, if you're not bankhacking), you're better off searching for planets with many idle ticks, so you can keep hitting them every few ticks for a long time, rather than having to risk your stealth bonus every time on a new target. Also, news scans.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2015, 22:37   #4
Rokk3000

Rokk3000 will become famous soon enoughRokk3000 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
pt 400+ is usually the time players start putting population on security
Like I said, I scan for that and choose targets with a low number of security guards for their roid size and low number of security centers (well under 10% of structures, which=immune).

For example, 400 security guards for 480 roids and 5 security centers out of 108 structures. With 88% stealth I should have a decent chance of success, but I get failure after failure. I want to know what is going on. I can't find anything in the manual.
Rokk3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2015, 22:57   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokk3000 View Post
Like I said, I scan for that and choose targets with a low number of security guards for their roid size and low number of security centers (well under 10% of structures, which=immune).

For example, 400 security guards for 480 roids and 5 security centers out of 108 structures. With 88% stealth I should have a decent chance of success, but I get failure after failure. I want to know what is going on. I can't find anything in the manual.
Ive havent played proper in like 10-15 rounds, last time I checked you couldn't scan for a target population setting and this would be an unknown varible but I have played cov-ops in the past and pre pt400 was easy picking for cov op targets but this gets harder because most players once they get tt-4 hulls 2 or 3 all cores and a reasonable HCT they dont see the need for research and change population on security (its all about priorities)
Unread 16 Nov 2015, 01:56   #6
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

From about 400 people have no real need for research any more.

You will find the majority of the universe is probably set to

25 Mining
35 Cons
40 Security

Which in most cases is near immune.

Your targets were also most likely Demo or in Anarchy and have switched away from it.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote