User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 30 Jul 2008, 00:59   #1
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of
Round 28 staff openings

Job openings for Planetarion staff as of Round 28:

Support Team:
This job is for helpful people with a good working knowledge of the game and it's technical aspects. Successful applicants must possess strong people skills and be active. You are required to idle in the support channel and answer in game support tickets. You are allowed to remain in your alliance.

Multihunter Team:
This job is about policing the game. A strong knowledge of the EULA is required. You will also have to sign an NDA, cut alliance ties and play in the 1:1 admin galaxy.

Server Support Person:
This job requires the following: good Linux, Apache and mysql knowledge. Perl and Bash scripting. Mail server know-how. General server know-how. A signed NDA is also required and you will have to cut alliance ties and play in the 1:1 admin galaxy.

Forum Moderators:
This job requires the ability to sensibly moderate the forums in an unbiased way. You are not required to leave your alliance.

If you have any questions, contact Fiery by ingame mail or on IRC.
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2008, 10:01   #2
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
Re: Round 28 staff openings

Link to the NDA?
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2008, 16:52   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Good point
The old one is located here:

http://www.planetarion.com/files/cin/pa_nda_08.pdf

However, we may need to get a new one done.
Unread 30 Jul 2008, 21:36   #4
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Server Support - isn't that a job for the sake of having a job? Surely better use of someone would to do some practical development on the game / portal / forums to take things forwards at a bit more of a pace.

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2008, 23:38   #5
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of

If the development person had asked for development people then I would have added that on the list. Personally, I wanted a cookie maker but they denied me. /cry
Unread 31 Jul 2008, 07:02   #6
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Have no fear Fiery,

I shall bring you pancakes & shower you with chocolate!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2008, 08:57   #7
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
If the development person had asked for development people then I would have added that on the list. Personally, I wanted a cookie maker but they denied me. /cry
At this point in time, I'd say the most important thing that is needed is more development staff, if the 'development person' is not wanting to share the role then it is only going to effect the progression of the game.

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2008, 21:24   #8
hairypalms

hairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the rough

is there a free buffet?
hairypalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2008, 14:53   #9
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

"Do a lot of work and play in a galaxy that is going to get bashed from tick 72"

Surely you should list up some benefits too...?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2008, 14:55   #10
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I'll take all the jobs if I can bring gum of the bum.
Unread 11 Sep 2008, 15:17   #11
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What is "gum of the bum"? I'm at work and very much afraid to google it.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2008, 15:42   #12
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov View Post
Surely you should list up some benefits too...?
There are none.
(unless you count getting access to betas and your account upgraded all the time, but its not like you can *play* it)
Unread 11 Sep 2008, 16:39   #13
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I did apply for this like 4 weeks ago, but nobody got back to me. Efficient as always the PA team.
Unread 11 Sep 2008, 17:38   #14
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Kargool, thats outragous!
but on the other hand its good to see PA-team have some common sence
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2008, 21:38   #15
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I applied too, never got a real response back...
Another reason for retiring i guess

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2008, 23:47   #16
Fiery
PA Team

Benefits?
What could possibly be better than working for me? I am pleasant and sweet and loving! I give my minions a free account upgrade and I allow them to participate in the beta testing. Ask any of them. They love working for me!!

mz,
gum of the bum is a reference to Nadar's love of butt butter in the super economy pack.
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 10:10   #17
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
What is "gum of the bum"? I'm at work and very much afraid to google it.
It's my old ruler/planet-name I used for some rounds until "someone" *cough*fiery*cough* decided it was abusive it and changed it to "gum of the bears" or something
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 14:01   #18
Fiery
PA Team

gummy of bears, iirc