User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Aug 2003, 06:30   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Unbe****inleivable

im up, for a starter. the store (maplin) officially opens today. im working 8-8 or something, and i dont even have a contract yet.

they paid the fulltimers 500 quid + for almost 3 weeks full time training, and they paid us part timers 170 for the same hours - we will get the difference of 300 eventually, but apparently it counts as overtime to us and it gets added on to next payday (payday being every 4 weeks)

170? ****, i dont care if im getting the rest. I have 170 to last me 4 weeks - of which 130 +/- will be spent on GETTING to work, and feeding myself when im there.

THe remaining 40 or so, i wont have a chance to spend, because al though im part time, they are putting me in for full time hours right now (without me having a contract, remember - even our boss doesnt have one, and hes well unhappy). I have just done tues-friday, i still have sat-tues before i get a ****ing day off - a wednesday - piece of ****, what am i going to do with a tuesday night. Then i get a friday off, equally useless. Then i get a monday off, even worse.

I feel like ive had my last weekend. Im trapped in a circle of barcodes that dont exist, boxes that have no bin location, and customers asking about components that dont exist, and im pretty ****ing pissed off.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 06:37   #2
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought you said you were enjoying your job?

MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 06:58   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
in some ways yes, in others, no.

You wouldnt believe how **** my training has been. 3 full time weeks, and ive learned merely the basics - no product training - no contract - havent met the assistant manager

I only got told last night what my working area was going to be so ive not had any chance to build an expertise in any area.

The bosses of maplin, and their 80 odd stores are gonna be there tommorow, breathing down our necks - they are in for a shock when they see how little we know.

The shopfitters are complete wanks and weve spent the last two days doing most of their work when we should have been training.

Im skint. Seriously. I wanted to take my parents out for a meal last night, but i couldnt because i dont have the ****ing money. (As it happens, they couldnt make it either cause they were stiuck on a train, but.. i have to reschedule for 4 weeks time).

The way they work out the days off, is in favour of the full timers atm. Full timers have to get one guarenteed weekend off per month, one saturday, and one sunday. They try and make it two guarenteed weekends a month.

So us part timers, who are going to be doing thursday nights, saturdays and sundays when were back at uni, get the **** days off - even though we are doing full time till then as a favour - an unasked favour - and were getting paid part timers rates, with the stupid ****ing overtime system that maplin uses.

There are other reasons (favour to your boss, not being able to say no, angling for promotion, ****ting it off an approaching deadline) but the main reason people do overtime is because _they need the ****ing money_. So why on earth then, does Maplin make it any overtime after the second two weeks of a 4 weekly period, skips a paycheck, and is added onto your one in up to 6 weeks time - who knows that theyll DESPERATELY need an extra 10-20 quid in 6 weeks time?

So many unanswered questions (how much holiday time do i get because im part time, do you expect me to work over christmas hols (if so fk off), etc etc). But i dont intend on leaving. My actual boss is cool (he just got hired too), and my work colleagues are hilarious.

Im just trying to get my head round the fact that if i didnt work 3 full time weeks and had gone out and partied instead , id probably have more money than i do now.

Unread 9 Aug 2003, 07:58   #4
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Welcome to Real Life. Enjoy your stay. Baggage can be stored in the overhead and under the seat. Please get comftorble, as this flight will last the rest of your life.

Conditions are stormy and bleak, with sunshine on the horizon.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 08:44   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Alternatively, you could get another job...
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 10:07   #6
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
Alternatively, you could get another job...
Students + this time of year + a free job placement?
You kidding? It's the prime student exploitation period - nowhere has a vacancy!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 10:19   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
Students + this time of year + a free job placement?
You kidding? It's the prime student exploitation period - nowhere has a vacancy!
Oh yeah... forgot about that...
OR, you could become a lazy sod like me, who hasn't come near a job since I came back from my intern period.

OK... money levels are dropping (especially after going on holiday to France), but I can certainly last till winter with my current money.
I'm as economical as the Dutch governmetn is trying to be (could be because I have no sicial life and such, but hey... you have to make sacrifices).
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 10:45   #8
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
Oh yeah... forgot about that...
OR, you could become a lazy sod like me, who hasn't come near a job since I came back from my intern period.

OK... money levels are dropping (especially after going on holiday to France), but I can certainly last till winter with my current money.
I'm as economical as the Dutch governmetn is trying to be (could be because I have no sicial life and such, but hey... you have to make sacrifices).
I think it's the money that attracts it. Businesses know how much students lack it, so they make them work stupid hours for stupid pay. I saw a job advertised in a local paper for students - a nightshift, 10pm-6am, at £4.30 an hour.
Which seems a bit crap, really.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 10:57   #9
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
Welcome to Real Life. Enjoy your stay. Baggage can be stored in the overhead and under the seat. Please get comftorble, as this flight will last the rest of your life.

Quoted for emphasis.
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 15:02   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Yeah, working generally sucks. Ocassionally you'll get a break and get some bit of luck come your way, but not often.

The worse thing about working is that unless you are fortunate (e.g. no travel or food costs) expenditure always seems to expand after you've been paid. When I was a student, I would happily make do with the food that was in the cupboard. When I started working, I simply spent money on take-away, etc.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 19:10   #11
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Welcome to Real Life.
Coming from a DYB'er?

Hi-larious.

Dante, i dont spend lavishly. I go to greggs and get a 63p cornish pastie. then for lunch a 72p steak bake. washed down with a 70p bottle of coke (all day).

Unread 9 Aug 2003, 19:16   #12
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Deffeh is so bitter you can taste it from here.
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 20:01   #13
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
Dante, i dont spend lavishly. I go to greggs and get a 63p cornish pastie. then for lunch a 72p steak bake. washed down with a 70p bottle of coke (all day).
Well, I presume this is more than if you would be sitting at home. Plus travel, although I have no idea how much that costs that end of the world.

The only real advice I can give you is to hold no expectations about work. The less you get paid the more they seem to mess around with your pay, etc. Oh, and expect some bizarre level of tax when you finally do get any back pay.
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 20:11   #14
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
"Getting fired is the best thing that could happen to any of us. That way, we'd quit treading water and do something with our lives."

etc
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 20:12   #15
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Dace
"Getting fired is the best thing that could happen to any of us. That way, we'd quit treading water and do something with our lives."
no we wouldnt, we'd just post here more
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 20:13   #16
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Oh, and expect some bizarre level of tax when you finally do get any back pay.
At seventeen, he is entitled to claim back the tax, fortunately.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 20:17   #17
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
no we wouldnt, we'd just post here more :(

That and starve.
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 20:28   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
At seventeen, he is entitled to claim back the tax, fortunately.
Yes indeed, although as he says, when you're that age and have zero savings it's exactly the time you can't afford to wait x months for it back.
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 20:29   #19
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
At work today I finished reading "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho, completed the book of Nikolai Gogol short stories that I started several days ago, read another chapter of "Reality Isnt What It Used To Be" by Walter Anderson, started "Slaughterhouse Five" by Kurt Vonnegut, and revised some Calculus from my maths textbook (I couldnt do as much maths as I wanted to because I forgot to pick up my calculator this morning).
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 20:30   #20
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
nodrog
stop playing hard to get and tell us the job ginger nut.
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 20:31   #21
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
stop playing hard to get and tell us the job ginger nut.
I work as a security officer.
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 20:33   #22
Nusselt
share the <3

Quote:
I'm a security officer.

jesus christ i thought they were joking
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 20:33   #23
Nodrog

Quote:
jesus christ i thought they were joking
nah
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 20:46   #24
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
At work today I finished reading "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho

You suck dude just like that book.
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 20:53   #25
Nodrog

Quote:
You suck dude just like that book.
I liked it .

It gets a bit gay in some parts though.
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 21:07   #26
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
I liked it :cool:.

It gets a bit gay in some parts though.

The parts in question being "The Beginning", "The Middle" and "The End".
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 03:09   #27
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

No, that's **** Life.
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 04:00   #28
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
That and starve.
which would mean losing weight
»»»»»which would mean more chance of social life
»»»»»»»»»»which would mean less posting
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»which would be a plus ;-)
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 04:23   #29
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Maybe I can rob the place.

Wanna be the inside man?
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 04:42   #30
(°>
lowly ensign

(°> is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Unbe****inleivable

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
.... and im pretty ****ing pissed off.
Love em or hate em Unions sometimes come in handy.

I know working in a 7am-9pm 7 days a week company how shafted you can be.Especially you do one thing wrong and they roster you the real **** hours.I thinking of signing up and becoming a poo stirring delegate
(°> is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 09:29   #31
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
to be fair, your only doing the hours most of us did at your age.
i once went 24 days without a day off, most days were 7am starts and anything between a 7pm and a 9pm finish.
ahhhh the joys of part tim ework when you are a student and have no rights :/
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 09:53   #32
Eternity
DarK_AnGeL^

Eternity is an unknown quantity at this point
I found a job at my college doing data entry for 5.40 an hour \0/

can't use irc or msn here though :/
VtS, CpV, RAH, ND, Jenova, xVx, Ascendancy, Rainbows, Kittenz, Faceless, Ironborn and RED.

Played in rounds :
20, 22, 23, 24, 27, 30, 31
71 - 85.
Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 16:52   #33
Ragrrr
heh

Ragrrr is an unknown quantity at this point
Join the darkside.
Become a telemarketer.
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 16:59   #34
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I have an interview some time this week. I'll probably get ripped off even more, since I'm even younger than you.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 18:09   #35
zek132

zek132 is an unknown quantity at this point
you seem pissed off, just **** it all, tell you employe to go and **** himself and leave... That's my advice anyway!
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 18:16   #36
Nodrog

have you considered saving up your wages until you can afford a belt filled high tech gadgets, then quitting your job and earning money fighting crime?
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 18:25   #37
Ragrrr
heh

Ragrrr is an unknown quantity at this point
Just to help you find out what sort of a superhero you should be:
http://www.liquidgeneration.com/quiz/superhero_quiz.asp
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 19:17   #38
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
I have an interview some time this week. I'll probably get ripped off even more, since I'm even younger than you.

Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
to be fair, your only doing the hours most of us did at your age.
i once went 24 days without a day off, most days were 7am starts and anything between a 7pm and a 9pm finish.
ahhhh the joys of part tim ework when you are a student and have no rights :/
Just because you had it worse than me, doesnt mean i dont have it bad.

No, i will never be a telesales scummer. How many people do you kill each year trying to get the phone?

As to the superhero thing nodrog, i can sleep safely at nights knowing that BOXMAN roams the streets of clarkston. Who is that masked man though

Unread 11 Aug 2003, 23:47   #39
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

Alternatively , you could just put your head down , understand that for the period between 16-25 your wages will be **** , but that building a CV takes time and effort , and that work is not fun , and inevitably sucks. Hence the name "Work" instead of the name "Fun"

Its your first job. Well done. Mine was stacking shelves in a petrol station for £2.80 an hour. I followed it up with McDonalds (£2.93 an hour) , IBM (£3.60 and hout) , Digital (6x12 hour nightshifts at £4 an hour) and Jabil (£4 an hour , but £60 a week to get to work and back).

Welcome to Capitalism Deffeh. Heads down , Thumbs up , get through it and dont let the bastards get you down. By 25 , youll be on the other side of the counter.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 23:53   #40
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
the period between 16-25 your wages will be ****
If you try hard, or are gifted in some way it probably doesn't have to be like that though.
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 00:10   #41
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
If you try hard, or are gifted in some way it probably doesn't have to be like that though.
If you try hard , its still like that.

If youre gifted , you wont be working till youre 25 anyway, as youll spend most of your life with people telling you how talented you are and trying to keep you in education of some sort.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 04:43   #42
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Eternity
I found a job at my college doing data entry for 5.40 an hour \0/

can't use irc or msn here though :/
I've spent ~4 years (off and on) in data entry and ~4 weeks in retail. Given the choice I'd pick data entry every time...click the mouse, listen to music, and stare out the window while no one bothers you...my type of job.

And the data entry pays better too.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote