User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 May 2003, 03:11   #1
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
My computer science subsid has reached new lows

This week, I have to practice....

wait for it......

How to use MSN Messenger.

Quote:
Practice logging in and out of the service, and watch as the little blue windows pop-up to show you that your friends are online. When you use MS Messenger at home, you can leave it signed in in the background while you work or surf the net, and you will be notified when your friends sign in.
Right, watch the pretty blue windows, OK.

Quote:
Once you start chatting to someone, please do not close the chat window, as you will need to save the text and submit it to the demonstrators. Use your common sense and do not chat about inappropriate things.
This is what they are assessing this week.

Quote:
If your friends are not in your practical group, ask the person sitting next to you if you can work with them (although it will be more fun if you are sitting in different parts of the room)
:eek:

I refuse to go. It's pointless. However it did make me laugh when I read it.
Unread 7 May 2003, 03:26   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Do you get marks for turning the computer on, like a course my school forced me to take?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 03:41   #3
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
In our college they had MSN installed on all the machines, set to load on startup, but everyone was banned from using it.

Which I thought made sense...
Unread 7 May 2003, 03:59   #4
starbreeze

starbreeze is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Do you get marks for turning the computer on, like a course my school forced me to take?
We got marks for learning how to use Microsoft Word....how to change font size and style
Unread 7 May 2003, 05:15   #5
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
What the hell are you taking? Making a forum post here ought to count as your final.

Took my C++ final today, easy as ****, didn't actually have to write a single line of code.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 05:25   #6
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
I remember this college computer course that i required to take. *cringes at the thought of it*.. a few weeks after learning the CD command and then learning how to make a "hello world" in qbasic... we were learning ms word. I got dirty looks from the instructor for playing pinball in word......
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 07:17   #7
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
I have a mate who had to play games as a part of his degree course.... fs.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 08:43   #8
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
I wish we had a course MSN-ing. Easy win.
Instead, we have to write our own chat-apps.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 08:49   #9
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
I love the "practise logging in and out" bit. It almost sounds like a martial art, and requires years of training to perfect that logging in technique

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 18:35   #10
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
I have to do this for a job

Unread 7 May 2003, 18:50   #11
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
I love the "practise logging in and out" bit. It almost sounds like a martial art, and requires years of training to perfect that logging in technique
wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off....
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 21:49   #12
Uprising
Lord

Uprising is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
I have to do this for a job

heh ecdl took me about 3 hours to get all the modules done and pass.
R4: 91:1:25
R5: 35:6:10 (=V=)
R6: 26:13:7 (=V=)
R7: 4:2:4 (=V=)
R8: 5:7:7 (=V=)
R9: 31:9:2 (=V=)
R9.5: 9:6:4 ([]LCH[])
R10: forgot ;( ([]LCH[])
R10.5: 15:2:6 ([]LCH[])
R11/12: ([]LCH[] Scanner)
Uprising is offline   Reply With Quote