User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Jul 2003, 22:43   #1
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Everclear

Ever finished a bottle? Yourself?

I haven't, (I'm out after 3 shots) but I have a friend that can do a fifth and still stand.

Everclear is 160 proof grain alcohol for those who live in a cave.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 22:54   #2
Chojin
Muslim Jr.

Chojin is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought you were talking about a new brand of bottled water or something.
Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 23:06   #3
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Although my room is littered with animal droppings, has old bones in a corner and an abandoned campfire, I wouldn't call it a cave.

Yet still I haven't heard about this number before - 160 - in a conversation about the alcoholes. What does it symbolize?

Matrim
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 23:34   #4
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i thought you were on about the band
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 23:36   #5
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
proof is 2x the percentage of alcohol. Don't ask.

So 160 proof = 80% alcohol.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 23:38   #6
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
oh, and in answer to the actual question behind the thread, i could do about (roughly, this was about 4 years ago) i could probably do about 15 to 20 shots of the stuff without throwing up, standing however, would probably have been beyond me
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 00:58   #7
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
i thought you were on about the band
same
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 00:59   #8
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Re: Everclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai

I haven't, (I'm out after 3 shots) but I have a friend that can do a fifth and still stand.

never had everclear, but I do enjoy Bacardi 151 (151 proof), I can only get through half a 26er before I'm done for the night
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 03:05   #9
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
omg
dilly and i could share a bottle of 151 \o/
btw.. you like white or dark better?
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:06   #10
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
omg
dilly and i could share a bottle of 151 \o/
btw.. you like white or dark better?
only had the dark....will be tryin the white pretty soon tho

you like 151? yes, I think we're destined to be together
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:14   #11
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
well first year of uni white 151 was all we drank.
then near the end of the year someone splurged on dark :P

best time ever was when we decided to bbq at the lake.. at midnight. within an hour everything was frozen. and i mean everything.. except for the 151 \o/
we had burgers.. the ketchup and mustard froze.. so that made things difficult.. and we were drinking. one of hte guys brought a jug of this tequila mix.. it was great. then finally all we had left for alcohol was the 151. and i suggested 'let's just shoot that!' so we did. my friend tracy took a shot then went to chase it with lemon juice (that's all we had left for chasers) but it was frozen.. lol.. then no one else wanted a shot without chasers.. but i did some \o/

fs you needed the 151 to stay warm :\
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:19   #12
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

151 is crazy **** i tells ya, i've had many an odd night drinkin that stuff
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:28   #13
Aryn
Happy

151 makes for interesting nights
that's it.. empy is my tequila sister.. and you're my new bacardi buddy \o/

(makes me sound like an alcoholic )
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:30   #14
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
151 makes for interesting nights
that's it.. empy is my tequila sister.. and you're my new bacardi buddy \o/

(makes me sound like an alcoholic )
lol...Bacardi Buddy...I like that...NOW GET YER BUTT OVER HERE!!!!!!!!! so we can do it up in true Bacardi Buddy style
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:31   #15
Aryn
Happy

rawr
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:33   #16
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
rawr
'do it up' as in party, not as in 'do it'

just so we're clear on this
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:37   #17
Aryn
Happy

damn

er.. i mean oh yah of course :P
fs what do i look like? :P
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:40   #18
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
damn

er.. i mean oh yah of course :P
fs what do i look like? :P
hehe, well....umm...ya...JUST GET OVER HERE!!
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:42   #19
Aryn
Happy

help me get a job over there and i'll MOVE :P
i don't think i can afford a trip before i graduate and i have to save up cause i promised people i'd go to england in march :P

but i have to move somewhere after i graduate as living here is.. well.. unfun.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:43   #20
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

well, I'm always willing to help out my Bacardi Buddies fs...I'll do whatever I can
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:45   #21
Aryn
Happy

omg
it'd be kick ass
we could be like bacardi buddy roomies
and do cool things like go to leafs games and stuff
\o/
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:46   #22
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

indeed we could...or we could just sit around on our days off and get right ****in ripped

BOO YAH!
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:49   #23
Aryn
Happy

we need money to do that
i heard that ontario is crying for pharmacy techs though
so hopefully i can get a job \o/
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:52   #24
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

goodie...altho I'm not sure how many would be needed here when you graduate...but I'm sure Toronto/London/Ottawa/Windsor/etc...would certainly need them
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:54   #25
Aryn
Happy

if anything maybe i can get safeways to transfer me :\
if i'm still working for them by then anyway

oh yah.. to put this thread back on track. i've never tried everclear. something i shall have to try one day :P
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:56   #26
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
if anything maybe i can get safeways to transfer me :\
if i'm still working for them by then anyway
well...there's no Safeway here...maybe in Toronto tho :\
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 09:43   #27
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Everclear

Quote:

Thats some weak Everclear. I got a bottle in the house thats 190 proof. hmmm, i also have some koolaid packets. Jungle juice anyone?
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 09:51   #28
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Re: Everclear

Quote:
Originally posted by cnaw
Thats some weak Everclear. I got a bottle in the house thats 190 proof. hmmm, i also have some koolaid packets. Jungle juice anyone?

so if I am getting all this proof stuff correct you are saying that you like to drink liquor that contains 95% alcohol?
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:14   #29
roadrunner_0
cynic

you really shouldnt drink anything over 160 proof, it will give you alcohol poisoning in very short order
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:18   #30
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
proof is 2x the percentage of alcohol. Don't ask.

So 160 proof = 80% alcohol.
if I recall, the proof is to do with the amount of water that could be added and still have it burn. or something like that.

so 20% proof would be that you can add 20% extra water and it still burns.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:21   #31
cnaw
Ancient

Re: Re: Re: Everclear

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
so if I am getting all this proof stuff correct you are saying that you like to drink liquor that contains 95% alcohol?
god no. I'm crazy not stupid. Its in the house for other purposes. (if i was to use it in a drink, i would add it to somthing, so it would be diluted.) Anyways, i can't imagine anyone drinking any proof everclear.
-Masterplan
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:25   #32
cnaw
Ancient

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
if I recall, the proof is to do with the amount of water that could be added and still have it burn. or something like that.

so 20% proof would be that you can add 20% extra water and it still burns.
actually i think the story is, if you put whiskey on gunpowder, and the gunpowder still burned when lit, then that was proof that the whiskey was good. or somthing. could be an urban legend.
-Masterplan
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 12:50   #33
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
alcohol threads arent cool dude.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 12:55   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Guinness for all.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 14:01   #35
roadrunner_0
cynic

apart from those of us who dont like guinness MrL
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 14:13   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
apart from those of us who dont like guinness MrL
You don't count as people.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote