User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Mar 2003, 13:36   #51
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Also, it is never too late. So I have no clue what you are talking about. It may become too late for vom to win the round, but that is not the measure of a fun round. It is never too late for something to happen that could create a new political twist until all the roids are in the hands of one alliance, and that day is certainly very far off.
Firstly I do not care about vvomm but know already that it is way too late for them too win even if the war stopped today. What is much more important to me is how many people of our alliance will stay till the end of the round if this keep up for a few weeks. I think this joke of a war with vvomm is threathening to the existance of several alliances as people will become inactive soon and might leave the game completly. I'm pretty sure Keystroke will have simular concerns for his alliance.

In your so called war with vvomm, which to me looks more like a war with us as it hardly seems you hit vvomm any harder than us, it is therefore not important to me if you beat vvomm cause that has already happened days ago but only thing that matters to me is if our alliances can survive such a war if it is sustained over any kind over longer period.

hAl
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 13:45   #52
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
over the top reaction
I hear a good rumour by a HC that is allied with you then why should I not post it here. Even if it isn't true than I still would beinterested to know why your allies would think so or try to imply it at least.

hAl
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 13:49   #53
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
I hear a good rumour by a HC that is allied with you then why should I not post it here. Even if it isn't true than I still would beinterested to know why your allies would think so or try to imply it at least.

hAl
I've heard some of my allies say some remarkable things in the past 10 days. If I was to believe all of them RaH would be a universal empire with a dozen major alliances as recruitment wings, used thought police to maintain member loyalty and had pink rhino's in jetpacks for BCs.

Don't believe everything you read in the papers.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 13:51   #54
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually, maybe I should test.

I would like to officially announce that Dingo is in fact a small kangaroo, and NoS has not a single member but all planets are run by a machine evermind created by the Omega Agency.

Now, NoS is my ally, I have implied something. Are you now going to post that on AD to start a rumour?

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 13:56   #55
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
I would like to officially announce that Dingo is in fact a small kangaroo, and NoS has not a single member but all planets are run by a machine evermind created by the Omega Agency.
This is no news to anybody
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:02   #56
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Firstly I do not care about vvomm but know already that it is way too late for them too win even if the war stopped today. What is much more important to me is how many people of our alliance will stay till the end of the round if this keep up for a few weeks. I think this joke of a war with vvomm is threathening to the existance of several alliances as people will become inactive soon and might leave the game completly. I'm pretty sure Keystroke will have simular concerns for his alliance.

In your so called war with vvomm, which to me looks more like a war with us as it hardly seems you hit vvomm any harder than us, it is therefore not important to me if you beat vvomm cause that has already happened days ago but only thing that matters to me is if our alliances can survive such a war if it is sustained over any kind over longer period.

hAl
We always been used to incoming, obstacles and challenges as we are an independant alliance that keep to our own and do our own thing. However this round is particular hard compared to earlie ones, and its not just us that feel it this way.

However my voice on AD lately havent been about how we get inc all the time and whatever, its about the state of Planetarion and whatever future it might have. With the current direction it have no future as there wont be players left to play the game, at least not enough to keep it afloat economical. I bet its running with loses as it is. A r10 with new features and game play wont change the mentality of the players.

Even thought your alliance is a part of whatever block there can only be #1 winner. The best player, the best galaxy etc. You might have contributed to get that player and that galaxy there in the end, but as an achievement that doesnt count for much consider the price to pay as whole.

The current situation within the game does in fact discourage roid growth as random players, smaller alliances and well the lot that isnt in either blocks isnt left enough alone to recover at all. You see people scan for 20 roids one day and lose twice that night after. They just do that a certain amount of times before they find something else to do and Planetarion is one player less. A lot of players already gone inactive, left etc. The way certain people seems to think is that Planetarion is here only for the blocks, and the casual players stuck in the between is nothing worth, but its these people who are the lifeblood of Planetarion, who bring in cash as well as stand for most of the roidgrowth. Its like waging a war and killing your own supply lines. I dont get it.

Would have been fun to create a parallel universe and just chucked all the block related alliances(players) into it, and then you could had your petty war within it. Maybe Planetarion for the casual players had recovered somewhat. Sigh...
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me
KeyStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:02   #57
Dingo
God

Dingo has a spectacular aura aboutDingo has a spectacular aura about
Damn... And I nearly had people convinced I was a real person.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:03   #58
Wolf_FIN
aka Werewolf

Wolf_FIN is infamous around these parts
I wna have babies with dingo think off it i would get a free ride in the stomach bag WEHAAAA
r6 31:18:4 Wolf_Fin of [Cell]BC/[Deus]
r7 23:6:11 Fenris of [RaH]BC
r8 21:7:6 Fenris of Howling Bloodlust 31mill 2,8k rocks [RaH]BC
r9 41:10:9 M33pM33p of The roidrunner[RaH]BC
R9.5 33:2:9 The Love Boat Will Be Making Another Run 3543 37.991.952 [LDK]
r 20 2 5 11 TheLoveBoat IsComeingForYou Zik 821 [RaH] VGN
r 26 8:2:6 Werewolf NoX Zik 1736 6116805
R 46 FaNG BC/DC
Wolf_FIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:03   #59
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Dingo
Damn... And I nearly had people convinced I was a real person.
Loser.
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:04   #60
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
**** this game is boring
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:09   #61
Wolf_FIN
aka Werewolf

Wolf_FIN is infamous around these parts
Insert coords here and i make it more fun for u
r6 31:18:4 Wolf_Fin of [Cell]BC/[Deus]
r7 23:6:11 Fenris of [RaH]BC
r8 21:7:6 Fenris of Howling Bloodlust 31mill 2,8k rocks [RaH]BC
r9 41:10:9 M33pM33p of The roidrunner[RaH]BC
R9.5 33:2:9 The Love Boat Will Be Making Another Run 3543 37.991.952 [LDK]
r 20 2 5 11 TheLoveBoat IsComeingForYou Zik 821 [RaH] VGN
r 26 8:2:6 Werewolf NoX Zik 1736 6116805
R 46 FaNG BC/DC
Wolf_FIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:14   #62
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl

hAl
Its actually not too late for vom, not by a long shot.

If people cant take a beating, they shouldnt play this game. This is a war game. "Stop attacking us or we will quit" is a pretty sad plea. It is the nature of this game that over the course of a round people get crushed, and as the round proceeds more and more people are crushed. Until, at the end most of the roids are in the hands of the same people. That is the only way that people can grow. So there is absolutely no way to play planetarion that doesnt involve many players getting roided down. IF that kills the game, then the game mechanics are the only thing to blame.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:28   #63
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
You apparently have little understanding of game dynamics. Unless you are going to hand over your roids to vvomm for free they have no chance at all.

hAl
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:29   #64
kilroy

kilroy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

If people cant take a beating, they shouldnt play this game. This is a war game. "Stop attacking us or we will quit" is a pretty sad plea. It is the nature of this game that over the course of a round people get crushed, and as the round proceeds more and more people are crushed. Until, at the end most of the roids are in the hands of the same people. That is the only way that people can grow. So there is absolutely no way to play planetarion that doesnt involve many players getting roided down. IF that kills the game, then the game mechanics are the only thing to blame.
KW i thought you where a good persone but this crap politcal talk/stuff etc is full of bull****.

You now WEET will win this and that you killed Vom in the begining of the round I dont care I keep on playing never will stop always trying to rebuild...
But this crap talk about alliance stuff is borring make the round intresting for all players again. But i NOW KW you dont want that you wane have a easy round.
From the beging that i start playing PA in round 4 i never had a easy round always on the weaker site.
I never complained before but this is the worse powerblocking and bashing I ever have seen.

And its not good for the game PlANETARION.
kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2003, 14:33   #65
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

Most of the people that quit and leave the game never make such a plea or even visit the pa forums at all. Yes its a war game, and most war games is only fun when there is challenges, obstacles to overcome etc and excel by tactics, skill and whatever. Target practice that in reality the game turned out to be now have little to do with a war game.
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me
KeyStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 11:10   #66
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
"Stop attacking us or we will quit" is a pretty sad plea.
Indeed it is. And I wouldn't make it.
Stop being allied to half the universe is my plea.
We will deal with our incomings fine if not most of the universe is allied against us. We do not ask you to put us on a list with friendlies but we want you to remove the greater part of the universe you got on that list from it.

hAl