User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 Sep 2004, 21:37   #1
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
and another thing

Just f'k off Sven, now. Twat

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 21:41   #2
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Re: and another thing

I sense stress in Vaio.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 21:55   #3
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

I , nb3
, do hereby on this date give notice of my intention to terminate my status as 'england fan' , and revert to the status of 'average englishman'. Henceforth i shall not care what the england football team do, as it is blatantly obvious the FA are a bunch of ****wits. I say this because not one of them seems to have spoken to sven and tell him to STOP DEFENDING 6 YARDS FROM OUR BOX FOR MOST OF THE GAME in 3 years, as well as a catalogue of selection ignorance that simply can only be idiocy.

I would like to extend my sympathies to our scottish followers, as i feel that in some ways i feel the frustration of a team that for all it's efforts just cannot actually acheive anything.

Yours, regrettably.
nb3
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 22:06   #4
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of

I think a different goalkeeper would help as well.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 22:09   #5
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Vaio is about to break
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 22:09   #6
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

like who ?

find a better goalkeeper who is english.

there isnt.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 22:11   #7
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

theres never been a better time to be a Scotsman!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 22:14   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

theres a good time to be scottish ? :P

tbh right now, take the ****ing piss.

if we cant beat austria after going 2 goals up, we ****ing deserve it.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 22:17   #9
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

how bad was the second half? i missed it
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 22:28   #10
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
like who ?

there isnt.
On the basis of tonight's performance, and many other occasions when James has played, I'm sure there are plenty of keepers who could do a better job.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 22:34   #11
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zharkov
On the basis of tonight's performance, and many other occasions when James has played, I'm sure there are plenty of keepers who could do a better job.
thats a nice avoidant answer.

name some.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 22:40   #12
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Quote:
thats a nice avoidant answer.

name some.
Green.

Robinson.

Kirkland.(If he stops being ****ing injured for 5 minutes)

Surely one of them is 'better' (how the hell are you even measuring this?) than David James. I'd prefer an average, consistent goalkeeper to James' occasional great reflex saves and occasional huge cock-ups.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 22:46   #13
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

At least you didn't draw with Azerbaijan and send 2 men up to attack when having a corner ffs
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 22:59   #14
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sven is a genius

Gets to stop off in Italy, pick up an italian bint, play a bit of championship manager with Lazio and spending £210, get to manage England and do a piss poor job, earn a pay rise for no reason, shagging Ulrika and a saucy secratary on the way, while getting away with that on top of that.

I wouldn't mind being Sven at his age.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 23:11   #15
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

I've been wishing Sven would be sacked for years. Our tactics are unnecessarily, suicidally defensive and predictable, while players such as James and Beckham consistently fail to perform yet contiunue to be played. Sven seems to learn absolutely nothing from our repeatedly shite performances, chooses players based on their reputation and not how well they are playing, and doesn't have the balls to drop Beckham irrespective of his form, even when there's someone like Wright-Phillips in the form of his life, raring to take his place. (As for Calamity James, I don't dispute that he's a good shot-stoppper but I damn well wish he wasn't. All it does is blind Sven to his other inadequacies).
The entire England set-up seem to live in their own shielded, comfortable little world - Eriksson plays the same old players without question, all of whom love him, as does the FA, which might not sack him even if they did wake up and realise how completely blind and tactically inept he is (which is unlikely in itself) because it can't afford to do so after offering Sven his ludicrous new contract.
I can't see anything changing unless some catastrophy befalls the team and forces the FA to sack Sven regardless of the financial consequences, so I'm hoping England play terribly and lose their next matches as this would actually be in our interest in the long-term if it gets him sacked, as almost anyone would preferable to him. If this doesn't happen, he'll believe his methods have been vindicated and continue with the same old shit until the inevitable happens and he's finally sacked by the FA, by which time this generation of genuinely talented players will have been wasted.

PS. Most of this is not based on today's game, which I didn't even watch. It's been obvious for ****ing ages.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 23:15   #16
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
I sense stress in Vaio.
Without Stress, his life would be meaningless
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 23:38   #17
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Don't drop Beckham. Put him in the middle, Wright-Phillips on the right. AND FIND A ****ING LEFT WINGER
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 23:41   #18
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Don't drop Beckham. Put him in the middle, Wright-Phillips on the right. AND FIND A ****ING LEFT WINGER
Youve got Alan Thompson and Joe Cole. Sven however isnt prepared to give them a run in the team for more than a game or 2. What the **** is the point of playing Bridge when ITS BEEN SAID ALL ALONG THEY CANT PLAY IN THE SAME SIDE.

*sigh*

Moron.

KUTGW Sven, as a Scotsman, its amusing the shit out of me
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 23:41   #19
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Oh and bring in Sir Clive now. He may be shit, but he couldn't be worse than Sven.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 01:12   #20
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

Appalling performance tonight, beckham was as shit as he has been since joining madrid. Owen wasnt brilliant but he made some good chances.

Where were the ****ing shots, we had a 70% - 30% possesion lead at half time with a 1-0 lead. What was sven doing with the subs and why the hell did joe cole not start??

Numerous questions bulid up inside me....
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 01:33   #21
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

I , Starbucks
, do hereby on this date give notice of my intention to terminate my status as 'england fan' , and revert to the status of 'average englishman'. Henceforth i shall not care what the england football team do, as it is blatantly obvious the FA are a bunch of ****wits. I say this because not one of them seems to have spoken to sven and tell him to STOP DEFENDING 6 YARDS FROM OUR BOX FOR MOST OF THE GAME in 3 years, as well as a catalogue of selection ignorance that simply can only be idiocy.

I would like to extend my sympathies to our scottish followers, as i feel that in some ways i feel the frustration of a team that for all it's efforts just cannot actually acheive anything.

Yours, regrettably.
Starbucks

Just thought I would do this as well as I feel the same way, my housemate when coming in from work says it all

"oh, they scored 2 goals right after eachother when england was 2 nil up, sven played defensively again didn't he?"

TWAT
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 01:43   #22
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Hi, my name is David James, and I'm a ****ing ****
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 01:48   #23
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've been saying for many years how awful David James is.
Ever since Forest played Liverpool in 1997 or something and he spilled 2 crosses for 2 forest goals.
He was meant to be Englands 3rd goalie then...

I have never been proved wrong. He is shit. He has always been shit. No matter how many people have tried to persuade me that he is actually a good keeper I always refused to believe them. Now all of them should apologise.

But, unfortunately, we have precisely 0 experienced and decent goalies. *sigh*

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 01:58   #24
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Because when Seaman retired, you just went to his no.2 , and didnt bother trying out anyone else.

Robert Green is a good candidated. Robinson is playing well for Spurs , and, amusingly, theres some guy called Schmeichel who plays for Man City and is eligible to play for England .....
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 02:00   #25
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I've played football with sunday league people that would have stopped that second goal, the guy is a prick.
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 03:04   #26
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

In other news: a widespread flu epidemic has hit the UK, all residents are to be innoculated for the flu virus and its varients, only one resident need not be innoculated, sources say it is David James of the England Football Team. Here is a scientist to explain

"You see David James has a rare condition called Catchus Neverus, it means he cannot actually catch anything, even the flu!"

Well there we go, the sad thing is after this kills us all, David James will be the only member of the England Football Team
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 07:41   #27
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Without Stress, his life would be meaningless
You have no idea just how true that is

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 08:17   #28
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Russel Hoult is severely underrated, he's consistent, he's played and is playing again at premiership level, he's played in a successful team that are used to being up against talented strikers.

Robert Green is a bit green imo and also injured.

Robinson is a possibility but it'd be unfair to thrust him into the spotlight and possibly see him burn out rather than meet his true potential like Iker Casillas imo.

In the end, take a chance on a team that isn't highly rated but get the results and take their keeper, I know Hoult has been touted before but then forgotten, I dunno why.

oh yah and use Alan Thompson, give him a run on that side and you'll be ****ing crying in your pints that you didn't have him playing for you for the last 3 years.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 09:53   #29
madman2k30
Banned

madman2k30 is an unknown quantity at this point

how about u give up on that gay mans game you call football and convert to a real man's sport like rugby or ice hockey?
madman2k30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 10:15   #30
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

why do you use both 'u' and 'you' in the same sentence ? are you incapable of sticking with one choice of version ? If one was to be sexist, one could say that indecisiveness could be attributed to women - now, if we correlate how gay men, are in touch with their feminine side, they`d also 'inherit' some indecisiveness, like yourself eh ? so where does this leave you in your attempt to insult us over our interest in football ?

On topic - Lee Clark was decent a season or 2 ago - what`s up with him ? he`d not be a bad choice for the left wing surely ?

(if he`s injured/whatever - forgive me for my lack of knowledge over internal dealings/news in football since 2002 :(()
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 11:13   #31
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

well i didnt see the whole of the second half so didnt see either of their goals. the thing with james is that from time to time he can make some pretty awesome saves, but then he ****s up on the simple things.

was watching the northern ireland game yesterday afternoon and gordon strachan made a good point during half time that england dont actually need anyone wide on the left, especially since ashley cole doesnt like people playing directly in front of him (like at arsenal) shoulda played wright-phillips on the right and dropped bridge and had gerrard on the left but playing further in field.

thats what i would have done and i won the champions league with wolves ffs!
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 11:28   #32
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
was watching the northern ireland game yesterday afternoon and gordon strachan made a good point during half time that england dont actually need anyone wide on the left, especially since ashley cole doesnt like people playing directly in front of him (like at arsenal) shoulda played wright-phillips on the right and dropped bridge and had gerrard on the left but playing further in field.
I watched that, but the problem is Gerrard isnt Pires, they are completely different styles of players and so, as has happened everytime in the past, it doesnt work. Sven needs to get out of his head that you stick your 11 best players on the pitch and then decide where to play them. He needs to pick a formation and then fill those positions with the best players in that position.

Oh and if i was playing A. Cole and Bridge on the left i would have Cole infront of Bridge instead of the other way round because he is the better attacker and less capable defender.
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 11:34   #33
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Angry England fans are hilarious.
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 11:47   #34
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I watched that.
at least we're better than northern ireland

i agree with lokken too, it is funny
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 11:51   #35
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman2k30
how about u give up on that gay mans game you call football and convert to a real man's sport like rugby or ice hockey?
I am tempted to watch the hockey season a lot this year, I will have to decide on a team to support. And rugby is

but you are just trolling aren't you, and doing a shit job of it too
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 11:59   #36
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Support anyone except the Steelers.
Choose the Nottingham Panthers. They are

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 14:04   #37
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

The Devils will destroy your pathetic Panthers!
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 08:13   #38
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

Quote:
like who ?

there isnt.
Anyone is better than James. He's like a mannequin half the time not moving for anything, and the rest he just f*cks up because he couldn't catch a football if it was given to him by hand from the ref.
Kirkland is the future but he's got to get into the liverpool team again.
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 12:12   #39
lokken
BlueTuba

James is shite
Robinson is wildly inconsistent
Kirkland is hardly ever fit
I propose, therefore, Robert Green.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 12:29   #40
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Nigel Martyn for england
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 13:23   #41
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Yours, regrettably.
nb3
Ah no, your getting the totally wrong impression here. Because of the Spain result your thinking we're a shite team full of shite players - with incredible team spirit who try really hard, play for the shirt and overperform cause theyre proud to be out there.

I think you'll find that the Spain game is the first time i've seen that since Holland at home, and before that - England away back in '99.

Spain was Berti's best game in charge but even then he managed to **** it up - taking off McFadden at half time for Miller, taking off Fletcher for Pearson, leaving Quashie on the field EVER.

And After a good defensive performance (despite the idiotic penalty) he's going to bring Stephen "Liability" Pressley back into the fold.

As to England, James is shite but stop wanking over Paul Robinson. Leeds may have been shite but he still let in over seventy goals. EVER SINCE he took over from Martyn at Leeds under Venables, Martyn has outperformed him.

You're ****ed though. You could have given Wright, Green, Hoult a chance in friendlies but its too late for that now. Martyn's retired. Kirkland's crocked.

Basically your only choice is to keep James until Kirkland is back. Cause if you switch to Robinson, you're going to have yet another Shite overrated keeper - only this one wont be close to the tail end of his career and you'll have to put up with him for ages.

Left side, either play Cole / Thompson or shut up. I dont know what more you want, you dont have a left sided problem at all any more, you have a selection problem. You have a. cole / bridge in defence, and thompson / [Insert flair player like Joe Cole that has no real use or consistency but sticking them out on the wing at least gives them a chance to do something amazing once every 5 games] in the midfield.

To be honest your problems are more on the right now. Because look at the centre of defence - Campbell / Ferdinand / Woodgate / Terry for two places - backed up by Ehiogu, Southgate, King etc. The Center of Midfield still has Gerrard / Lampard / .. Joe Cole is great backup , plus Beckham likes to play there, plus Jenas / Pennant are coming through fast. Up front it doesnt matter what anyone wants cause itll be Rooney and Owen. As much as i think hes overrated, youd always play rooney, but owen needs to WIN his place this year at Real Madrid. Ideally i'd probably play Rooney with Beattie, with Owen Smith and Defoe as subs - looks rosey to me.

But right side, what? Gary Neville's mediocracy has reigned for years now, and he's challenged by what - Glen Johnson? I didnt like him, but at least it looked as if he was coming through. Now he's lost his place at Chelsea and without a move theres no way back. Right mid - beckham's there out of function not choice. Wright-Phillips is awesome, but can you see Sven dropping anyone to accomodate him?

Obviously we can all see the 3-5-2 is the best option for england, but seeing as you're going to play the 4-4-2 regardless, you're up shit creek imo

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 13:28   #42
Hells_Angel
Lost on Mars

Hells_Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

I say bring back Seaman!!!!!!
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 13:56   #43
lokken
BlueTuba

Why the hate for Quashie, Deffeh, even though he's about as Scottish as St.George?

IMO he works like a bastard, is ace at stopping other players and shutting teams down and stopping them from playing. He does however have the problem thinking he's some kind of genius that can play creative balls, when in reality he should play it simple and keep possession rather than give it away most of the time.

Given the chance of a full squad i'd play:

Green
Neville Ferdinand Campbell A.Cole
Wright-Phillips Gerrard Lampard J.Cole
Defoe Rooney

a 3-5-2 as much as you'ld laud it, we don't have that magical creative player (Joe Cole is close though) who can pinpoint a pass and put strikers through consistently. 3-5-2 simply always opens up to astute foreign managers the chance to order their wingers and wingbacks to gang up on the wide players and expose us horribly to crosses.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 14:17   #44
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
he's about as Scottish as St.George
I dont really need to add anything? Im not anti-British, or anti-english. (Im Scottish first, British second). I couldnt care what the **** he does on the pitch lokken, hes not Scottish, and this isnt club football. Ok, so we've played millions of englishmen over the years but there was always an "iffy" factor - we called him up, he chose to play for us, he has Scottish Blood.

I dont understand why this is even a debate. Quashie PLAYED for England (B). If he wasnt shit, and if England B hadn't ditched him, he would STILL be playing for England. If we, or our players are supposed to love the shirt, play for the shirt, give a shit about International football, surely we should be at least proud of our own countrymen?

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 18:09   #45
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Angel
I say bring back Seaman!!!!!!
We all know what girls say doesn't count when it comes to football.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 09:20   #46
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Support anyone except the Steelers.
Choose the Nottingham Panthers. They are

boo! support the vipers