User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Aug 2004, 03:42   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Premiership Predictions 2004/2005

Its back again guys. Long preceding 1-X i have been bearing my Premiership Predictions to the world. And this time it took best part of 4 ****ing hours.

Here are my last years predictions and results. Hint : Woeful

And here are the year befores predictions and all that guff.

Ok, im knackered and going to bed. im Hungry and all ive ate in hours are discos which taste suspiciously like shit. Digest. And respond with your thoughts, and your predictions or whatever.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Premiership 2004/2005

01. Chelsea

You can't buy the premiership. Sorry, typo. You can buy the Premiership. And Chelsea have, in my opinion. They could put out 2 seperate sides capable of finishing in the top 6 - which isnt a slur on the opposition. With the outstanding Petr Cech challenging one of the Premierships best goalkeepers over the last few years Cudicini, Gallas and Terry being supported by whoevers left out of Johnson, Bridge, Ferreira, and Carvalho, Duff V Robben, Cole v Parker v Makalele , Geremi V Tiago V Smertin alongside Frank Lampard in midfield, having the pleasure of picking out balls to Mutu/Eidur/Kezman/Drogba all season. They may not even have the best starting XI, but compared to the squad size of Arsenal or Man Utd, the players will cope with a hectic Domestic, European, and International schedule with comparitive ease. As much as i hate him, and he'll anger everyone, as much as Ranieri was the nice guy and he's the prick, Mourinho has actually won things, with much worse teams. The only problem i see is motivation and team spirit - but the truth is that Moron-yo will drill that into them too.

Main Man : Frank Lampard. Probably the only man apart from Terry to be guarenteed his place in the team. Outstanding midfielder, outstanding professional. Could outscore the forwards for a second season in a row without suprise.

02. Arsenal

Don't get me wrong here, im not writing them off. But Arsenal have problems. Lehmann was protected by a solid defence last year but still managed to look shaky - how will that pan out? Toure and Lauren are no longer relative unknowns - how will they deal with the expectation that we now have of them? Pires and Ljunberg - neither Sparkled in Portugal - have injuries and time taken their toll and dulled the spark? The whole Vieira mess - its on, its off, its on, its off - if its off now, thats disaster for Arsenal. Theyve unsettled him, everyone knows he wanted out, they get no/less money for him. He goes, thats disaster. No time to fill the gap. And who plays alongside him? Flamini, edu, gilberto, van persie? Able maybe, but none can play a senior role if hes not as commanding or not there. Reyes has a lot of questions to answer - as many as there are figures in the sum arsenal paid. Has looked good in pre season, but the squad depth at highbury is almost non existant. With Aliadiere out, the aging Bergkamp is the only available senior forward. A Defensive injury still means the return of Pascal Cygan. I think the tide has turned in London.

Main Man : Thierry Henry. Who Else? He's the best player in the world and quite often some of his goals involve no one else anyway, so he has to keep this up for Arsenals hopes to stay alive.

03. Manchester United

Just. Just. A Terrible start will be had, with Saha, Ruud, and Ole all out for a while - Ole the whole season. But When Ruud and Saha are back, theres a fair amount of quality striker depth there to match anyone in the premiership. Ronaldo, Giggs, Keane and Scholes will provide a typically excellent and industrius 2 way midfield for United, supported well by miller and fletcher - though beyond that the names are less reassuring. The defence will accomodate Heinze in some capacity alongside the returning Ferdinand and Silvestre, with Gary Neville - much maligned but still reliable on the right. This also leaves Phil, an improving Wes Brown, and the impressive John O Shea as subsitutes - more than capable. Its easy to write Man Utd off, until you read their squad. The losses and poor form are down to injury / suspension / cup tied players. Hopefully for them anyway. The other case is that the Fergie magic is fading, and hes losing his influence and motivational skills.

Main Man : Paul Scholes. He has to justify his decision to quit International football this year, with Giggs looking less influential and Ronaldo tempramental, the goals from midfield HAVE to come from him.

04. Liverpool

Liverpool look good, again. But this is the first time in 5 years i havent tipped them for the title, and probably their best team in that time. I almost put them third but ruled against it just "because its man utd". I wouldnt rule them out of 3rd or even the title with Benitez at the helm instead of an incompetent monkey. So we presume Owens gone - thats fine - france's prospect and the golden boot winner at Euro 2004 should do the trick, backed up by the impressive Sinama-Pongolle. The midfield looks solid but unbalanced, lacking a right mid, but again i'm presuming either Luis Garcia or a Madrid player signs within the next couple of days. With the sale of Murphy, cover for Gerrard, and Hamann in the centre is a bit thin. No such problems at the back with the strong looking Josemi and Riise backed up by two footed Finnan, and Hyypia/Henchoz have the versatile Carragher keeping them on their toes, so they will hopefully rediscover the form that had they hailed as the best defensive partnership in england before. Even in goals, Kirkland should be pushing Dudek hard. With a new manager and new purpose, and a couple of more signings, liverpool will finally make Anfield a tough place to come once more, though i think its one year too early for the title.

Main Man : Stephen Gerrard, it has to be. Hes already put a poor Euro 2004 behind him to prove he's the man to lead Liverpool forward. They wont be more than 10 points off the top of the table.

05. Newcastle

Every Season the same question hangs over St James's, is this defence good enough? Given is great when hes on his toes, but gets far too bored for a goalkeeper and is prone to mistakes. He certainly doesnt inspire confidence, something O'Brien, Bernard, and now Carr could do with. For all his hype, Woodgate has yet to do anything for me, and this is without doubt the weakest area. Looking aside the eratticness of the mad genius Robert, and the Inconsistency of Dyer, you have two exciting wide men. Nicky Butt will do wonders on Tyneside, and hopefully bring out a more attacking side of Jermaine Jenas who needs to score more goals this season with Milner now breathing down his neck. Shearer and Kluivert should use their combined experience well, and will have Bellamy and Ameobi supporting and relieving them (especially shearer because of his age). Inconsistencies will thwart any Champions league effort however.

Main Man : Alan Shearer, for all the arrivals, is still and has been for years the top scorer here. Be it his last season or not at St James's, the newcy fans need him to go out in style.

06. Middlesborough

Viduka and Hasselbaink. At Middlesborough. Really? Yeah. Exciting, isnt it. But its not just that - theyve kept Southgate and Ehiogu at the back, brought in Reizeger and Parlour. This team has a backbone as well as the flair and genius the front line will bring. The only concern perhaps is there is noticeably 3 places still not claimed in the side, 3 names still not written in with pen, and questions over those who could fill the gaps (doriva, zenden, mendieta, boateng, quedrue). Scwarzer is an able if average keeper, but it looks like Boro can score more than he can let in this year.

Main Man : Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. If he hits it off with Viduka he'll be unstoppable. If Boro start to climb the table he'll be motivated and arrogant and show why he was Chelsea's best striker last year.

07. Birmingham

What a Transfer Market Birmingham have had - Forsell alongside a Hungry Emile Heskey should be a great partnership - Muzzy Izzet, Jesper Gronkjaer, Mario Melchiot - players who should slip in playing at this level with this new look side with no expectations to meet. Cunningham and Upson are solid, Savage is - well, savage. And theres enough Depth. The formation, Maik Taylor's ability in goals, and how the team gels are the questions that surround Birmingham but Bruce looks to have it sorted - signing Sicknote on a pay per play basis, the man must be a genius.

Main Man : Robbie Savage. They love to hate him, he loves them to hate him. Every team needs a Savage.

08. Tottenham

Its cruel, but is this the season Tottenham fans have waited for? We ask this every year. I think no, probably not, because 8th is not as high as the Spurs seem to rate themselves. Robinson has a lot to prove in goals, but his defence should help him out, which should include Ledley King dropping back to accomodate the excellent Sean Davis in midfield. I perhaps feel theres a lack of quality wingers at the club but thats a problem for mr Santini. The forward line of Keane and Defoe is well backed up by Kanoute and Doherty, and should be rejuvinated by the new stability at the club.

Main Man : Robbie Keane. When he's on, he's on. If spurs have a good season, he'll be the reason.

09. Aston Villa

Villa, are a strange outfit. An unspectacular midfield is their weakest quality. Picking 4 from Solano, McCann, Hendrie, De La Cruz, and Hitzlesperger isnt going to get you into Europe easily. The defence contains 3 hyped players who have yet to prove anything - barry, samuel, and delaney, so it remains to be seen if they cut the mustard. Sorenson can always get them out of trouble, but whether the month-by-month inconsistent Vassell can form a decent partnership with the season-by-season inconsistent Angel is another question. Despite all this, and all logic, they seem to perform, though maintaining a position in the top 10 should be priority.

Main Man : Martin Laursen. Good signing, a player of experience rather than of expectation and promise, will hold the fort together.

10. Manchester City

Another team due for improvement. The best they can hope is they lose their first 4 games and Keegan is sacked as expected, otherwise theyll be nowhere, again. James, Dunne, Distin, Mills, Sun Jihai - a whole back line with question marks over their heads for own goals, shoddy performances etc - but still solid enough in my opinion to withstand the attacks of half the league. A Strong and well depthed midfield is city's main strength, while their obvious weakness is getting either Macken, Wanchope or Fowler to perform alongside Anelka.

Main Man : Shaun Wright-Phillips. Im probably jumping on a bandwagon, but hes one of the most exciting players in the league. This team is all about livewires and inconsistencies and if he can be brilliant for 60% of the time theyll do fine.

11. Blackburn

Defensively, rubbish, to be frank. They dont convince me, and Friedel will have to find his form of 2 years ago to shore that up. Upfront theres plenty of options, with the probably partnership of Stead and Dickov ably backed up by Jansen, Yorke and Gallagher. Avoiding more injuries like Reid's leaves Blackburn with a strong and creative enough midfield to score as many goals as they let in i feel however, certainly an improvement on last seasons atrocity is needed.

Main Man : Barry Ferguson. As a celtic fan, i'm eager to see the form he showed to cause us so many problems for so long. As captain, Blackburn should build around him, and Ferguson has a good shout of leading the assist table this year.

12. Charlton

Solid, solid outfit. While Kiely isnt the greatest keeper, there is a surplus of centre backs at charlton young and old to protect him. Murphy and Hughes should form a formiddable partnership in midfield, Murphy in particular will revel in being such a pivotal figure. Not a lot of depth up front, the flop Jeffers needs to kick start his career alongside Euell, whos never been spectacular. An injury to either would be horrendous.

Main Man : Dennis Rommedahl. Major coup for Charlton, for all their solidity hes the only one i can see that will make a real attacking threat.

13. Fulham

Fulham actually don't have that bad a side - i think its Zat Knights turn to earn some plaudits, the defence certainly looks solid enough - but theres too much inconsistency in the side - radzinski can go from brilliant to rubbish in the course of 2 games, boa morte, legwinski, sava, these are all players that can just dissapear. Should be good enough marshalled by Van der Sar to steer clear of the relegation zone

Main Man : Steed Malbranque. I think most of us are suprised he's still there.

14. Portsmouth

Strangely for such a new outfit in the premiership, Portsmouth dont lack any depth, with a large squad of similarly abled players. The midfield perhaps lacks a bit of quality but there enough goals up front from the sure to be exciting and unpredictable partnership of Lua Lua and Yakubu, and a strong enough defence for Portsmouth to survive for a second year.

Main Man : Linvoy Primus - strange choice, i know. Even in defeat he impressed me, probably the best tackler in the premiership

15. Southampton

Southhampton are a difficult team to break down because they basically have two lines of defence. The midfield is probably the least creative in the premiership, and i find them a drudge to watch. A decent back line, is marshalled by the outstanding Niemi which is why they arent relegated already. Beattie, Pahars, Ormerod and Phillips all have their merits but picking two and feeling confident in their consistency is impossible.

Main Man : Antti Niemi as hes The Only one i feel who could go on to better things

16. Bolton

Bolton, arent very good. Okocha flatters to deceive, the aggressive hunt and nolan arent blessed with the best of ability, theres no clear strike partnership in my eyes, davies, stelios can be very hot and cold. The Best thing about Bolton is Juusi Jaskaeleinen Its harder to get the ball past him than to spell his name, one of my favourite keepers. Sam will make the rock bleed again and they'll survive probably - just.

Main Man : Gary Speed - what an aquisition - one of the signings of the summer in my opinion, whether he is or isnt captain he'll do that job. He's the kind of player Sam can work with wonderfully.

17. Norwich

I dont know why i think theyll survive. But theres a certain solidity about norwich which suggests theyll knick the 1-0's they need to stay up. Upfront, Bentley will play for Arsenal in the coming seasons - so he couldnt have a better partner than the Legendary Darren Huckerby, who has been here and done it before. Face a tough task, but are my tip to be the Birmingham/Portsmouth "team spirit" relegation survivors.

Main Man : Darren Huckerby. Its Still Darren huckerby. Its STILL Darren Huckerby and STILL DARREN HUCKERBY AND THATS 3-2! Just as sheringham and Ferdinand have done before, he'll go out with a bang.

18. Everton

Oh dear, oh dear. A lot depends on Martyn's ability to save everton as he did last year. Dodgy looking defence, misshapen midfield - decent strikers but they cant find two to work together. The departure of Rooney in January to Man Utd isnt going to help either. The club is in absolute turmoil just now - they arent the third worst side, but every year theres a big casualty and i'm tipping Everton to be it. Unhappy and uncommitted star players (Rooney, Gravesen) just dont help when everythings falling apart.

Main Man : Tim Cahill - for me a lot depends on his ability to make the step up, and to pitch in with goals from midfield. Ideally him and Gravesen would make a great combination.

19. West Bromwich Albion

So they look to have made a bit of effort and improvement, but to be honest theres no real depth. When you look at the strike partnerships theres going to be this year - Viduka/JFH, Heskey/Vassell, from teams who traditionally promoted outfits have to beat to survive, Kanu and Horsfield doesnt exite me overly, cause with just Hulse and Dobie on the bench, what happens if it doesnt work?

Main Man : Russell Hoult should be in the England squad, instead of the pish thats there it should be him or Kirkland for #1

20. Crystal Palace

Bottom, but by no means do i call this a certainty. There are precious few players in this squad ive actually heard of or seen play, but its pretty much a known fact that the jump between the Premiership and the, ahem, Championship is a gulf. They havent signed big or ambitiously.

Main Man : Julian Speroni is a great keeper who proved himself at Dundee, and i think theyll need him to have any hope.

---------------------------------------------

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 03:53   #2
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Re: Premiership Predictions 2004/2005

chelsea
arsenal
man utd
aston villa
liverpool
newcastle
birmingham
middlesbrough
southampton
charlton
totenham
fulham
blackburn
bolton
man city
west brom
portsmouth
everton
norwich
crystal palace

cant be ****ed to explain myself like you did
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 10:44   #3
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I disagree with the top 4. I reckon it should be:

Arsenal (that's me being biased)
Chelsea
Liverpool
Man Utd.

Everything else seems fine.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 11:20   #4
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We are in trouble. We've lost our best player, and haven't replaced him.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 11:31   #5
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Arsenal
Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
Newcastle
Birmingham
Villa
Middlesbrough
Charlton
Southampton
Tottenham
Fulham
Bolton
Man City
Blackburn
Portsmouth
Everton
Norwich
Crystal Palace
West Brom
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 12:08   #6
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

1) Arsenal
2) Liverpool <-- Depends on if Owen leaves, if he doesn't they will finish 4th I think.
3) Man Utd
4) Chelsea <-- I have a feeling the Portugese players won't do well but Mourinho will insist on playing them because they are his signings. I also don't think Drogba will score many goals
5) Middlesborough
6) Newcastle
7) Birmingham
8) Aston Villa
9) Fulham
10) Charlton
11) Spurs
12) Blackburn
13) Bolton
14) Man City
15) Southampton
16) Norwich <-- Like you I have a feeling they will just scrape enough wins to survive. They remind me of Charlton when they came up.
17) Portsmouth
18) Everton <-- If they can get rid of Rooney I think they will stay up. It will give them vital money to improve the squad and help clear their debts. With him though they will go down and his value will plummet.
19) West Brom
20) Crystal Palace
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 12:59   #7
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Liverpool IS going to Real..

Viera is not.

But this is better news.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 13:39   #8
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh

08. Tottenham

Its cruel, but is this the season Tottenham fans have waited for? We ask this every year. I think no, probably not, because 8th is not as high as the Spurs seem to rate themselves. Robinson has a lot to prove in goals, but his defence should help him out, which should include Ledley King dropping back to accomodate the excellent Sean Davis in midfield. I perhaps feel theres a lack of quality wingers at the club but thats a problem for mr Santini. The forward line of Keane and Defoe is well backed up by Kanoute and Doherty, and should be rejuvinated by the new stability at the club.

Main Man : Robbie Keane. When he's on, he's on. If spurs have a good season, he'll be the reason.
I don't think you could be much wronger with that. The majority of Spurs fans would see a top 10 finish as a good improvement.

You say our defence will help us out? Our defence is absolutely shite. We're in the process of signing Naybet who should make all the difference but King needs someone experienced along side him or he's awful. We don't have a right back per se. We have the VERY promising Ifil but he's only 17. Apart from that Tarrico moving across to the right with Edman on the left is how it'll probably work if there are no more signings.

You were right about one thing, we have no wingers except the always injured Simon Davies who, like Carr, is no where near the player he was a few seasons ago. However, we do have Ziegler coming in in January who by all account may just solve our left side problem if Reid doesn't appear before then.

Doherty is not a striker. We have Keane, Defoe, Kanoute and then it's on to our younger players like Yeates, Banard and Slabber, not to mention Silva, the trialist from PSV.

Robbie Keane is very overrated. On his day he's great but far too often he's awful and no one seems to mind.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 14:09   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
I don't think you could be much wronger with that. The majority of Spurs fans would see a top 10 finish as a good improvement.

You say our defence will help us out? Our defence is absolutely shite. We're in the process of signing Naybet who should make all the difference but King needs someone experienced along side him or he's awful. We don't have a right back per se. We have the VERY promising Ifil but he's only 17. Apart from that Tarrico moving across to the right with Edman on the left is how it'll probably work if there are no more signings.

You were right about one thing, we have no wingers except the always injured Simon Davies who, like Carr, is no where near the player he was a few seasons ago. However, we do have Ziegler coming in in January who by all account may just solve our left side problem if Reid doesn't appear before then.

Doherty is not a striker. We have Keane, Defoe, Kanoute and then it's on to our younger players like Yeates, Banard and Slabber, not to mention Silva, the trialist from PSV.

Robbie Keane is very overrated. On his day he's great but far too often he's awful and no one seems to mind.
Doherty played there enough, poorly, but you did it often enough although hes primarily a defender. Keane is great. If you want to be a top 8 side you need players who have an extra spark, an extra yard or that little bit of magic. The downside to players like that is they are often inconsistent. Keane's that type of player for me, he can look fat and slow one week, and then score a couple against Holland the next. As to the defence, King looked fine against France, and surely the experience he needs is Naybet? Between Taricco Doherty Richards and Gardner arent you covered enough?

As i said, its just my opinion and you obviously know your own club better than i do. But i think your blindsided as to the hype and expectation it seems Tottenham fans hold each year. Come on, you yourself complained when you thought Martin O Neill was going to be manager. Thats overambition to me.

Unread 13 Aug 2004, 14:24   #10
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Doherty played there enough, poorly, but you did it often enough although hes primarily a defender. Keane is great. If you want to be a top 8 side you need players who have an extra spark, an extra yard or that little bit of magic. The downside to players like that is they are often inconsistent. Keane's that type of player for me, he can look fat and slow one week, and then score a couple against Holland the next. As to the defence, King looked fine against France, and surely the experience he needs is Naybet? Between Taricco Doherty Richards and Gardner arent you covered enough?

As i said, its just my opinion and you obviously know your own club better than i do. But i think your blindsided as to the hype and expectation it seems Tottenham fans hold each year. Come on, you yourself complained when you thought Martin O Neill was going to be manager. Thats overambition to me.
Doherty didn't start up front once last season. He hasn't done since we've signing Zamora, Defoe, Kanoute.

Our defense is far from covered at the minute. If the Naybet deal goes through and barring injuries we should cope, just.

The majority of fans would consider a top 10 finish a good improvement. No one's really expecting us to get into Europe yet. The papers paint us in a very bad light. We were linked to Figo yesterday for heaven's sake.

The reason i didn't want O'Nell is cos i don't rate him that much and as soon as liverpool or man utd came in for him he'd be off. I'd rather consistently finish 8th and build up a good team than O'Neill get us to 6th one season and then bugger off, leaving us back at square one.

The set up we have at the minute with Arnesen is one i'm very happy with. He is one of the best in the world of football at finding and developing talent. This isn't the opinion of a deluded fan, but a fact. Santini i'm not so sure about but he needs time before we judge him. The feeling i have is that it was always going to be the Arnesen/Jol partnership but to appease the fans/papers we also got in a big name manager in Santini to give him a go first. If Santini does fail, we have a backup in place already. No more of this arsing around and desperately agreeing a deal with the first manager who says yes.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 15:20   #11
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Brief explanations given for top six:

1. Arsenal (champions by at least 5-6 points, though not unbeaten)
2. Chelsea (relative success in Mourinho's first season, though new signings will disappoint)
3. Man Utd (mixed form and some surprise results, but still no more than 2 points behind Chelsea)
4. Liverpool (improved, but not enough to displace the top three without Owen's goals)
5. Newcastle (another uncertain season, though Butt should improve this situation. uch depends on whether Kluivert can recapture his old form, which I doubt)
6. Middlesborough (Mendieta to shine, Southgate and Ehiogu solid in defence. 20-25 goals from the new partnership up front)
7. Charlton
8. Tottenham
9. Southampton
10. Fulham
11. Aston Villa
12. Man City
13. Blackburn
14. Birmingham
15. Bolton
16. Portsmouth
17. West Brom
18. Everton
19. Norwich
20. Crystal Palace

Last edited by Nondescript Human; 13 Aug 2004 at 15:31.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 15:27   #12
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I doubt Tottenhams ability to get into the top10.

Down with the yids!
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 15:29   #13
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Tottenham will reach the UEFA-Cup for sure! no, i aint joking.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 16:06   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1st: Has to be Arsenal for me again this year. The furore over Vieira will undoubtedly unsettle them but don't forget they went the entire league season unbeaten last year and now their team is better (in terms of experience etc). Henry has something to prove after the european championship, reyes looked very good in pre-season, vieira is still the best midfielder in the country and wenger is still the best manager. If they signed a top class defender I'd be tipping them for Europe as well but going forward they can still rip any defence in the land to shreds.

Man to watch: Jose Antonio Reyes. Even if he won't score as many as Henry he seems to be one of those players who finds it difficult to not do something brilliant every time he gets the ball.

2nd: Usually if Man Utd don't win the title I tip them for it next year but I really don't see how they can do it this time around. Before you even get going they seem to have a full team injured until the middle of september. As well as this Keane is a year older and I don't think their midfield plays with quite the same drive and brilliance it used to. That said ronaldo is still one of the most exciting midfielders in europe (despite being a diving faggot) and van nistelrooy is possibly the most lethal finisher. The defence with howard, neville, ferdinand, silvestre, heinze, o'shea and brown looks very strong and their squad depth is much better this year than last. A sneaky second placed finish for the Reds.

Man to watch: Cristiano Ronaldo, what's the world record number of step-overs in a row again?

3rd: Unfortunately for Chelsea I just don't think this is their year. The team's been changed (again) and there's a new manager who doesn't know most of his players in. What's his best eleven? Will the squad be rotated? How many of those new signings speak english yet? If Drobgba, Kezman, Duff and Lampard click I might well be proven wrong but I don't see how they will. A very tight top three this year though.

Man to watch: Damien Duff, injuries disrupted his season last year but JC will be all to eager to tell of the qualities of the man they call Duffer.

4th: No Owen? Do Liverpool really care? He wasn't that great last year and baros and cisse look bloody lethal up front. Coupled with Kewell the pace is quite scary. If Xabi Alonso is brought in it definitely gives them a more balanced team. The defence (and goalie) still doesn't inspire confidence in me though. A gap still remains between Liverpool and the top 3 but Benitez seems to have done some good work over the summer in closing it.

Man to watch: Djbril Cisse (I think he's disappearing in the distance behind you there Sol).

5th: Not the best time for Newcastle to start having internal problems between the club captain and the manager. Without that I'd back them for a very strong finish due to the quality of the players they've picked up this summer. Butt, Carr and Kluivert for a combined 5 million is ridiculous. Milner, Jenas and Dyer are all a year older . Ameobi, Bellamy and Robert give more options in attack than Bobby can use and Given is still in the top 3 goalies in the league. They need one more defender and a midfielder though.

Man to watch: Patrick Kluivert, a player very suited to the premiership in my opinion.

And because I couldn't be arsed listing Man City's endless string of weaknesses.

6th: Birmingham
7th: Middlesbrough
8th: Aston Villa
9th: Spurs
10th: Fulham
11th: Blackburn
12th: Man City
13th: Charlton
14th:Southampton
15th: Bolton Wanderers
16th: Portsmouth
17th: Crystal Palace
18th: Norwich
19th: Everton
20th: West Bromwich Albion
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 18:12   #15
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

1. Arsenal
2. Liverpool
3. Man U.
4. Chelsea
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 11:25   #16
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

1 Man U
2 Arsenal
3 Chelsea
4 Liverpool
5 Newcastle
6 Villa
7 Rovers
8 Birmingham
9 Boro
10 Spurs
11 Charlton
12 Bolton
13 Southampton
14 Fulham
15 Everton
16 Man City
17 Portsmouth
18 Norwich
19 Palace
20 West Brom

Don't have time to give my reasons at the mo, off out for the big kick off soon.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 11:54   #17
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Man to watch: Damien Duff, injuries disrupted his season last year but JC will be all to eager to tell of the qualities of the man they call Duffer.
Duff is not a man he is a god.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 12:19   #18
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1 Arsenal
2 Chelsea
3 Man U
4 Liverpool
5 Newcastle
6 Birmingham
7 Boro
8 Spurs
9 Villa
10 Charlton
11 Fulham
12 Southampton
13 Bolton
14 Portsmouth
15 Man City
16 Blackburn Rovers
17 Everton
18 West Brom
19 Palace
20 Norwich
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 12:22   #19
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts

mpfff soccer

I couldn't even name all the players from my country's team when they where playing the EK
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 12:58   #20
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Villa, are a strange outfit. An unspectacular midfield is their weakest quality. Picking 4 from Solano, McCann, Hendrie, De La Cruz, and Hitzlesperger isnt going to get you into Europe easily. The defence contains 3 hyped players who have yet to prove anything - barry, samuel, and delaney, so it remains to be seen if they cut the mustard. Sorenson can always get them out of trouble, but whether the month-by-month inconsistent Vassell can form a decent partnership with the season-by-season inconsistent Angel is another question. Despite all this, and all logic, they seem to perform, though maintaining a position in the top 10 should be priority.

Main Man : Martin Laursen. Good signing, a player of experience rather than of expectation and promise, will hold the fort together.
A lot of what you have written about the other teams is good yet, are you anti villa?

Why cant anyone see the youth setup we have in place, and the great strike force we have.

Lets Start at the back. We have sorrenson, him and buffon when italy played denmark both made the game entertaining. He is a great player. As cloughie used to say, your side is only as good as your goalkeeper, and he is a good keeper.

Defence, our options in the defence are good. We have mellberg and Laursen once again argubly a couple of the best centre defenders in the euros, we have de la cruz, anyone who watched copa america would have seen played well, of course we have delaney, capable young man, and the one to watch in my opinion jlloyd samuel, we have also bagged drobny, czech international on loan, so defence is looking strong.

In Midfield, we have a must for an england international, gareth barry. We have "the hammer" hitlzsperger, who is young and quality. We have mccann, whos a hard worker likewise with hendrie, we have solano who also had a good copa america, berson and once again youth, peter whititngham, who really has a lot of potential.

In Attack we have 3 main and good strikers, we have Darius Vassell, proven not only in the premiership but also internationally, we have Juan Pablo Angel, argubly one of the best strikers of last season and we have on loan Carlton Cole, who is another great talent. But we have the youth element as well, the moore brothers Stefan and the more notably known Luke Moore, who when Villa played Everton in the final of the youth cup it was the showdown of Luke Moore v the well known Wayne Rooney.

Villa will do well this season, im sure of it, hopin no injuries come into place then we can go far as a team.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 13:01   #21
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

I think you are forgetting the real reason you did so well last season; because you have a superb manager.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 13:03   #22
Chaim Weizmann

Carlisle for the Champions League
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 14:07   #23
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
A lot of what you have written about the other teams is good yet, are you anti villa?

Why cant anyone see the youth setup we have in place, and the great strike force we have.

Lets Start at the back. We have sorrenson, him and buffon when italy played denmark both made the game entertaining. He is a great player. As cloughie used to say, your side is only as good as your goalkeeper, and he is a good keeper.

Defence, our options in the defence are good. We have mellberg and Laursen once again argubly a couple of the best centre defenders in the euros, we have de la cruz, anyone who watched copa america would have seen played well, of course we have delaney, capable young man, and the one to watch in my opinion jlloyd samuel, we have also bagged drobny, czech international on loan, so defence is looking strong.

In Midfield, we have a must for an england international, gareth barry. We have "the hammer" hitlzsperger, who is young and quality. We have mccann, whos a hard worker likewise with hendrie, we have solano who also had a good copa america, berson and once again youth, peter whititngham, who really has a lot of potential.

In Attack we have 3 main and good strikers, we have Darius Vassell, proven not only in the premiership but also internationally, we have Juan Pablo Angel, argubly one of the best strikers of last season and we have on loan Carlton Cole, who is another great talent. But we have the youth element as well, the moore brothers Stefan and the more notably known Luke Moore, who when Villa played Everton in the final of the youth cup it was the showdown of Luke Moore v the well known Wayne Rooney.

Villa will do well this season, im sure of it, hopin no injuries come into place then we can go far as a team.
Yes.

Because we're not fans of villa so we dont see and hear about your young players all the time till they actually do something of note. You dont hear Sunday screaming at you for not knowing about Alan Hutton's defensive qualities or me moaning at you for not knowing about Ross Wallace's left foot. And your strike force isnt that good. Sorry, but it really isnt. Angel has to prove that he can actually perform 2 seasons in a row, Vassell has to prove that he can perform 2 games in a row. And Carlton Cole has a lot of work to do to prove his great finish against Shitehampton wasnt just a one off. You realise that was only his 10th career goal?

I dont doubt sorenson is a good keeper. But i dont think you should mention him in the same sentence as buffon, yo.

Mellberg's decent, Laursen is a great signing. De La Cruz is a heap of shit. "Anyone that watched him in copa america" - christ, i watched him in the SPL for Hibs and he was absolutely pants. He was signed on the basis of one good game he had against italy in the last world cup, hibs must have been laughing at the 2 million they received.. I dont know enough about Dronby, but Samuel is horrendous and Delaney has proved nothing.

In Midfield you have someone who has been tipped for an England call up for so long its not even funny by the "hes good in champ man" brigade. Your english commentators seem to think hes a better option than Thompson for Englands left. Not because hes playing in England, for an English club of course, Thompsons goals against European outfits arent that important after all. Hitzlesperger has scored some cracking goals. And then been a passenger for months on end. Gavin McCann battled so hard that Sunderland got relegated. Solano is ok, and who the hell knows about your youth players, im fairly confident they arent good enough to make you a top 6 team though.

Vassell : proven at international level ? Proven what? That hes a decent subsitute? 6 goals in 22 games. Deadly.

Angel : Last Season : 16 Goals in 33 Premiership appearances. Not bad, not outstanding.
Rest Of Villa Career : 14 Goals in 53 Previous Premiership Appearances.

Nice.

Carlton Cole 10 goals ever. Somehow i just Dont quite fear this "Deadly" line up?

Unread 16 Aug 2004, 14:37   #24
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I agree with Deffeh on the Vassell thing. Even John Motson doesn't think he's world-class to be playing at a major tournament.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 15:25   #25
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
I agree with Deffeh on the Vassell thing. Even John Motson doesn't think he's world-class to be playing at a major tournament.
well 6 goals in 22 games, isnt bad at all for a sub 99% of the time, as well as that for someone so young, im not complaining, the reason i rant and rave about villa is because ive been going for most of my life, so they are my second family, but the young strike force, coupled with xp helps, as well as that O'leary is a quality manager and that makes a big difference
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 16:25   #26
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

I rate Vassell as a good striker and O'Leary as a superb manager. The rest of Villa is fairly average though.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 16:36   #27
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

1. Arsenal, maybe.

I have to pick us for the title really dont I? Looking at the form, we have a very good chance, but we have to start bagging points now, while United and Chelsea hopefully get off to a shit start. Forward line, Bergkamps last year, hes got something to prove. Henry is certainly one of the Top 3 goalscorers in the world, and Reyes has looked out standing thus-far in pre-season, hopefully he'll start paying back that fee we paid for him. Midfield is strong, and there is great depth there too. The Vieira saga droned on far too long, I along with many other gooners have kept faith in him, its time for him to pay us back, again. Pennant, Flabbergas, Silva, Van Persie, great depth there for when the red cards arrive. Defense is strong, but there is no depth there at all. One injury to a centre-half and the ever-shite Pascal Cygan makes an appearance. Keeper is a wanker.

Keyman - Jose Antonio Reyes. My tip for player of the season.

2. Chelsea.

I have no doubt that there is a supreme depth of talent and quality at Chelsea, I dont doubt that they have a proven young manager, but I dont think this there year. There has been too much upheaval, too many players coming and going for them to go all the way in my opinion. Against United they looked disjointed, lacking coherence, and overall pretty ****ing awful. They have the best midfield in the premiership, bar none, Lampard, Duff, Robben and Parker. Get all those 4 on the same page and there isnt a team in the world that can stop you.

Keyman - Duff, or Robben, or Drogba, or fat Frank, christ, who knows.

3. Utd

They still have a great wealth of talent, and the ability to go out and buy whatever they need. But I just dont think they have it anymore, Keane doesnt have the engine to dominate the midfield like he used to. Giggs is showing less and less of the brilliance he used to. Scholes, while still being a capable player is being relied on far too heavily to produce the goals they need. With RvN and Saha out for a month or so, I see them being quite a way off the pace and playing catch up most of the season.

Keyman - RvN, of course.

4. Newcastle

Alan Shearers last season, Bobby's last season. Both will be looking to go out with a blaze of glory. The addition of Kluivert is a wonderful signing, and hopefully he'll be able to produce a partnership with Shearer that will see Belamy spending most of his time on the bench. Good strenth throughout the team, but no real outstanding quality. Dyer is an overrated pile of horse shit, Jenas has lost the plot, Titus Bramble couldnt defend a corner against a 1 legged midget. Still, good enough to sneak 4th in my opinon.

Keyman - Kluivert - If he can score goals with Shearer, Newcaslte are set.

5. Liverpool.

Owens gone, thank god. I think thats the best news for Liverpool in a long long time. Cisse is a proven forward, capable of scoring goals at any level, and I have no doubt he'll bag 20 or so this season. Baros had a wonderful Euro 2004, and I'm hoping he'll follow it up with a hatful in the premiership too. In Gerrard they have the 2nd best midfielder in English Football, hell, he might even be on par with Vieira if he was just a little more consistent. Not too sure about the back 4, again its solid, but not spectacular. If Kirkland can go half a season without getting injured we might begin to see some of his potential come out.

Keyman - Stevie G, need I say more?

6. Birmingham - Strong position last season, some good signings, if Forsell can keep scoring I see them finishing way up in the top half.
7. Charlton - Maybe a little bias here, one of my local clubs, I respect Curbishley, and I see him taking Charlton to a strong finish this year. Good signings to add more defensive strenth, and Rommehdahl to add that attacking flair.
8. Villa - If they could only get a decent forward line, they'd be up there challenging with Newcastle and Liverpool, current forward line would have trouble scoring in a brothel.
9. Tottenham - Good keeper, good forwards, shame about the rest of the team really. If Jamie Redknapp can stay fit and recapture some of his old Liverpool form they might have a chance at a higher spot.
10. Middlesborough - Couple of good forwards brought in, awesome addition to midfield (Ray <3 <3 <3) Same strength they had last year... but cant see them getting higher than this.
11. Bolton - Again, a good strong midtable finish, cant see them going higher.
12. Blackburn - John Stead is the key for them this season, scored well towards the back end of last, if he can find his goal scoring boots, they might have the first real goalscorer they've had since Shearer ****ed off.
13. Fulham - Without Saha, they'll slip.
14. Pompey - Harrys boys to continue to fight the good fight, never in danger, safe finish.
15. WBA - Some good signings, if Kanu can live up to the potential he has, they'll not be in much danger.
16. Norwich - They'll stay up, they're strong enough.
17. City - Could do better, if they have the sense to out Keegan.
18. Palance - Just dont have enough to stay up.
19. Southampton - Just dont see what they have thats going to keep them in the premiership.
20. Everton - Down, simple as.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 22:28   #28
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I just add that Arsenal have stunned me once again, Fabregas and Reyes are looking like dynamite with their whole careers ahead of them still.

****ing A, Mr. Wenger.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 22:31   #29
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Fabregas
Where has he come from? I didnt even know he existed until i saw him on the team sheet yesterday, and he's only something stupid like 17 isnt he?
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 22:40   #30
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Where has he come from? I didnt even know he existed until i saw him on the team sheet yesterday, and he's only something stupid like 17 isnt he?
If my CM memory serves me correctly, hes been with us for a good few years. Played a lot in the Carling Cup run we had last year, and looked one of the better players then. Had an outstanding charity sheild against United, and had another outstanding game yesterday.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 22:46   #31
JC
lolly roffle

The only kid i can remeber from your Carling Cup run is Bentley and i am looking forward to see how he does at Norwich .
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 22:51   #32
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

We stole Fabregas from Barca, about which they were not very happy. I am though, he looks ace :)

Last edited by Nondescript Human; 16 Aug 2004 at 22:58.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 23:06   #33
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

He has a terrible mullet however

edit:
Quote:
Francesc Fabregas joined Arsenal from Barcelona in October 2003 but has already made his presence felt at Highbury by breaking two club records.

He became the youngest player to feature for Arsenal's first team when, aged 16 years 177 days, he started the Carling Cup tie against Rotherham at Highbury.

Cesc then became the youngest Arsenal goalscorer at the age of 16 years 212 days in the 5-1 win against Wolves in the next round on December 2.

The midfield playmaker has also been a regular for the reserves, where his decision-making, passing ability and eye for goal have caught the eye.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 11:12   #34
Blastoderm
________

That's why I like seeing Carling Cup games at Highbury. It makes me know the new talent available at Arsenal.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 11:14   #35
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
The only kid i can remeber from your Carling Cup run is Bentley and i am looking forward to see how he does at Norwich .
And surely the F.A. Cup game against Middlesborough where he scored a v good goal. He didn't do too bad in his first game for Norwich.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 13:22   #36
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Shitehampton
<3
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 13:42   #37
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
9. Tottenham - Jamie Redknapp
Redknapp should not be in our team. He got a new contract on the strength of two games at the end of the season.

Davis and Mendes are far better in the centre.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 14:09   #38
Bobzeh
Sheep Lover

Bobzeh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

but Samuel is horrendous
Once again, you = idiot. Do you actually watch our games week in week out?!

As much as I'm biased through being a Villa fan, Samuel is easily one of the best left-backs in the division. Ashley Cole and (probably) Olivier Bernard are the only ones I'd rather have instead of him. He creates, he scores, he has pace. His only major let down is that he isn't a very solid tackler - that's what centre backs are for though. He WILL be in the England national team in years to come and is probably the biggest success of our awesome youth development scheme. Much of what you said about us, however, is true, aside from the obvious stupid comments such as:

"Gavin McCann battled so hard that Sunderland got relegated"

You seem to forget that last season was McCann's first season at Villa. A midfielder that we needed to add bite. A season which saw us improve from 16th to 6th. He was exactly what we needed in there.

Whilst our side doesn't have the strong midfield that the bigger clubs can boast, we have a very decent defence and a formidable attack (I'd be more scared about Vassell and Cole running at me than say Hasselbaink and Viduka, even if they have a better track record in terms of goals). Although I can't quite see us pulling off a European place this season, it's not out of our reach. We won't leak many goals, in my opinion. As for league predictions...

1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Man Utd
4. Liverpool
5. Tottenham
6. Newcastle
7. Villa
8. Birmingham
9. Middlesbrough
10. Bolton
11. Fulham
12. Man City
13. Charlton
14. Southampton
15. Portsmouth
16. Blackburn
17. West Brom
18. Norwich
19. Everton
20. Crystal Palace
Bobzeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 15:51   #39
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobzeh
Once again, you = idiot. Do you actually watch our games week in week out?!

As much as I'm biased through being a Villa fan, Samuel is easily one of the best left-backs in the division. Ashley Cole and (probably) Olivier Bernard are the only ones I'd rather have instead of him. He creates, he scores, he has pace. His only major let down is that he isn't a very solid tackler - that's what centre backs are for though. He WILL be in the England national team in years to come and is probably the biggest success of our awesome youth development scheme. Much of what you said about us, however, is true, aside from the obvious stupid comments such as:

"Gavin McCann battled so hard that Sunderland got relegated"

You seem to forget that last season was McCann's first season at Villa. A midfielder that we needed to add bite. A season which saw us improve from 16th to 6th. He was exactly what we needed in there.

Whilst our side doesn't have the strong midfield that the bigger clubs can boast, we have a very decent defence and a formidable attack (I'd be more scared about Vassell and Cole running at me than say Hasselbaink and Viduka, even if they have a better track record in terms of goals). Although I can't quite see us pulling off a European place this season, it's not out of our reach. We won't leak many goals, in my opinion.
Me = Idiot? You're the one who'd take Samuel over Riise for gods sake. You = Villa Fan.

As to the Sunderland thing.. Sunderland finished with the lowest points ever in the Premier League.. yet Macho signs for Chelsea, McCann and Sorenson sign for Villa, Phillips signs for Southhampton, Bellion goes to Man Utd, Flo starts scoring shitloads for Siena and is linked to Milan, Reyna goes to city, Kilbane goes to Everton, etc.. Arca and Thornton are highly thought of and still at sunderland

Where the **** is the blame put on? Everyone thinks their ex sunderland player was blameless and it was all the other players fault sunderland were pathetic? Now im well aware Jakiri can put us right on who was shit and who wasnt, but everyone seems to think they got their bargain man, and it just doesnt wash with me im afraid.

You've taken your forward line out of context. Maybe theyre quicker. But lets rephrase what you said. Your a defender, and you see Carlton Cole on the ball. 10 yards outside the penalty area. You arent thinking "By golly gosh, i sure wish that was Hasselbaink, yo". Viduka and Hasselbaink are stronger, deadlier, better in the air, better from set pieces, with better strike ranges and forces on them. I think they make up for losing a little pace on Vassell and Cole "just about".

Of course i dont watch Villa week in, week out. For one, im not a fan like you. For another, why on earth would i want to? I'm glad youve just played southhampton because for me at least thats the least attractive fixture of the season out the way for a wee while.

Unread 17 Aug 2004, 15:53   #40
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
You've taken your forward line out of context. Maybe theyre quicker. But lets rephrase what you said. Your a defender, and you see Carlton Cole on the ball. 10 yards outside the penalty area. You arent thinking "By golly gosh, i sure wish that was Hasselbaink, yo"
POTW nomination ahoi.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 16:58   #41
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

1) Arsenal
2) Chelsea
3) Manchester United
4) Liverpool
5) Middlesborough
6) Newcastle
7) Bolton
8) Birmingham
9) Aston Villa
10) Charlton
11) Fulham
12) Tottenham
13) Southampton
14) Blackburn
15) Porthsmouth
16) Manchester City
17) West Bromich
18) Everton
19) Norwich
20) Crystal Palace

Im counting on Everton atleast securing one more player before the transfer window closes. Still, I dont have high hopes for them, as they have just three players who are good: Yobo, Gravesen, Rooney.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 19:31   #42
Bobzeh
Sheep Lover

Bobzeh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Me = Idiot? You're the one who'd take Samuel over Riise for gods sake. You = Villa Fan.

As to the Sunderland thing.. Sunderland finished with the lowest points ever in the Premier League.. yet Macho signs for Chelsea, McCann and Sorenson sign for Villa, Phillips signs for Southhampton, Bellion goes to Man Utd, Flo starts scoring shitloads for Siena and is linked to Milan, Reyna goes to city, Kilbane goes to Everton, etc.. Arca and Thornton are highly thought of and still at sunderland

Where the **** is the blame put on? Everyone thinks their ex sunderland player was blameless and it was all the other players fault sunderland were pathetic? Now im well aware Jakiri can put us right on who was shit and who wasnt, but everyone seems to think they got their bargain man, and it just doesnt wash with me im afraid.

You've taken your forward line out of context. Maybe theyre quicker. But lets rephrase what you said. Your a defender, and you see Carlton Cole on the ball. 10 yards outside the penalty area. You arent thinking "By golly gosh, i sure wish that was Hasselbaink, yo". Viduka and Hasselbaink are stronger, deadlier, better in the air, better from set pieces, with better strike ranges and forces on them. I think they make up for losing a little pace on Vassell and Cole "just about".

Of course i dont watch Villa week in, week out. For one, im not a fan like you. For another, why on earth would i want to? I'm glad youve just played southhampton because for me at least thats the least attractive fixture of the season out the way for a wee while.
Riise really isn't that good. For the amount of money Liverpool paid for him, he's a good signing. However, since his first season, the only REAL thing he has contributed towards Liverpool's (lack of) success has been long throws. I'd much rather have Samuel.

Sunderland had a way better team than most of the sides that have gone down previously. God knows what happened there, probably a lack of motivation/poor confidence. Who cares, we've secured two good signings from there.

As for the forward thing, as a defender, with Carlton Cole 10 yards outside the area, you're not thinking about him shooting, as with Hasselbaink. Of course you're not thinking "Man, I sure wish that was Jimmy" or anything alike - but you ARE worried about being outpaced. Close down or not? etc. Both Viduka and Hasselbaink are also temperament players. Mood swings ahoy! If something isn't going their way, they won't perform. Not quite the same with our lads (who knows about Cole though).

As far as strike forces go, ours is decent. If you look at other partnerships in the league, there aren't many that are WAY better. Our problem is picking 2 players if they're all in form.

Your last comment is crap. Our first game was entertaining and had LOADS of chances. We're not the same defensive unit as seen 2 seasons ago. As much as I know people love to pick up on how "boring" we are, our game was WAY more entertaining than that of Chelsea - Man Utd, and we'll be a more entertaining side this season than many.
Bobzeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 19:54   #43
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Riise has something more than long throws...
He got a powerful left leg.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 01:37   #44
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Riise has something more than long throws...
He got a powerful left leg.
yeah, he can shoot, he can tackle, and he can cross. as well as having the best throw in in the premiership.

So all in all hes ok, eh?

Edit : I also forgot Wayne Bridge.

Unread 18 Aug 2004, 01:40   #45
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

For Liverpool he is quite okey. Though he has his defensiv problems.

Gunners got super-ashley so
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 00:00   #46
StDomingo

StDomingo is an unknown quantity at this point

Ohh...how I laughed reading all this

1. Arsenal 25 pts
2. Chelsea 23 pts
3. EVERTON 22 pts
StDomingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 22:32   #47
lokken
BlueTuba

And at the halfway stage, it looks like Chelsea are in serious danger of walking it, Everton have crapped all over our predictions and who would have thought the Scum would be that low

I'd say these predictions aren't too bad so far.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 22:38   #48
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
0. Manchester City

Another team due for improvement. The best they can hope is they lose their first 4 games and Keegan is sacked as expected, otherwise theyll be nowhere, again. James, Dunne, Distin, Mills, Sun Jihai - a whole back line with question marks over their heads for own goals, shoddy performances etc - but still solid enough in my opinion to withstand the attacks of half the league. A Strong and well depthed midfield is city's main strength, while their obvious weakness is getting either Macken, Wanchope or Fowler to perform alongside Anelka.

Main Man : Shaun Wright-Phillips. Im probably jumping on a bandwagon, but hes one of the most exciting players in the league. This team is all about livewires and inconsistencies and if he can be brilliant for 60% of the time theyll do fine.
Keegan won't get sacked. He's leaving in 12 months anyway I think. The team aren't great but as long as they get a fair bit for Anelka, Shaun Write-Phillips gets a few past of the post and Brad Wright-Phillips becomes a decent striker (or Macken and Folwer get into form) city will do ok. Plus, the defence isn't overly bad this season.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 22:46   #49
Blastoderm
________

So far the top 4 looks realistic. Except Man U switches with Liverpool. Newcastle will be back to mid-table obscurity.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 22:53   #50
lokken
BlueTuba

West Brom look gone, in terms of relegation it looks like any two from Fulham, Palace, Norwich, Scum, Blackburn and anyone above who manages to screw up bad enough to get sucked in. At the moment it looks like Bolton who are in terrible form at the moment.

I for one wouldn't want to miss Redknapp's post relegation interview.