User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 Jul 2004, 17:00   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Your attitude to drinking (and to a lesser extent drugs)

First things first i dont want to hear "i dont do drugs" its not important.

So weve argued about this millions of times, what your mindset is when you start drinking

ie

"i want to drink till im happy"
"i want to stop drinking when i feel any effect that stops me conversing normally"
"i want to be sick in an alley"
"i dont drink"
"i want to drink enough to go with a party flow"

Etc

Wondered what everyones attitude was?

I think my current group of friends and i's attitude has become a tad ridiculous. Summed up in a text message from my friend to me this morning.

"You up to anything tonight. Im working till 7. Fancy getting clinically dead?"

I laughed, though of course, ive been drinking for a few hours so im not the best judge.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 17:07   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Your attitude to drinking (and to a lesser extent drugs)

That depends. If you mean going to the pub for six or seven pints it's about enjoying my guinness and providing an easy way of getting everyone together after work.

If you mean going out on the town it's about drinking until I'm having a great time and stopping if I feel it's beginning to affect me badly, ie stop me being able to carry on normally.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 17:08   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i drink till i wake up

Unread 19 Jul 2004, 17:10   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Depends. It varies.

Some nights I'll have urge to drink until I pass out / embarrass myself / etc. This is often Friday night after work has been rubbish.

Most nights I'd say that I drink enough to be able to speak to people without my subconscious telling me that both I and the person I'm speaking to are utter pointless twats. This is often quite a lot of alcohol, depending on mood.

If I'm going with someone who I suspect I have a chance of sleeping with I'll moderate my drinking accordingly to avoid Dace like embarrassment. On at least one ocassion recently this completley and utterly failed as I had no idea she wanted to sleep with me and the stupid bint didn't mention this until after I had overdosed.

One other moderating factor is safety. If I'm with my friends then I'll drink more/quicker because as stupid as it sounds I know I've got someone to vaguely make sure I don't die.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 17:12   #5
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

i like to drink until i cant walk anymore. but its expensive! i dont drink much lager (5/6 pints max) because its too gassy and shit, so usually after that i will try and drink some alternative - gin and tonics are now hip again or vodka redbull if they are on offer, but they can cost a lot.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 17:13   #6
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

and i dont worry about embarrasing myself, everyone does it when pissed so no need to worry about it
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 17:15   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If i'm going in a club i will drink until i'm drunk enough to enjoy myself despite whatever shit music might be on.

If i'm just out in the pub with a couple of mates we drink at a steady rate until closing time. Whether or not that gets us tipsy or drunk doesnt really matter as we'll just chat, play pool and generally enjoy ourselves irrelevant of how much we've drunk.

I do have a tendancy to get plastered at house parties.

Last edited by JC; 19 Jul 2004 at 17:31.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 17:28   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I do have a tendancy to get plastered at house parties.
The first house party I ever attended I walked through a glass door.

That was a house party where I was drinking lightly.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 17:38   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I drink until I go to sleep, or decide not to drink any more.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 17:44   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
and i dont worry about embarrasing myself, everyone does it when pissed so no need to worry about it
There are degrees of embarrasment though. It's possible to go "too far".
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 17:44   #11
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

This stuff I saw in the movie Eurotrip, that Absynth stuff, is it really green, and does it really make you hallucinate?
Because, if it does, I want some!
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 17:49   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
This stuff I saw in the movie Eurotrip, that Absynth stuff, is it really green, and does it really make you hallucinate?
You're supposed to dissolve sugar in it to hallucinate.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 17:51   #13
rageybabey
Shenanigans

rageybabey will become famous soon enoughrageybabey will become famous soon enough

I never really had a limit or a point where I'd think "wow I should stop now" - if it was a party at my place I'd drink until I passed out.
If at a club I'd drink until I couldn't walk very well anymore...or until I couldn't taste anything anymore...I never really paid for my drinks though so if people kept buying I'd usually keep drinking...
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
rageybabey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 17:54   #14
rageybabey
Shenanigans

rageybabey will become famous soon enoughrageybabey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
"Absente or Absynth, nicknamed "The Green Fairy" in cafes across Paris in the 19th century where much of the glamour was in the preparation ritual, is a combination of exotic botanicals. The traditional flavor and aroma of Absinthe can now be enjoyed in Absente as an aperitif or in a traditional presentation by placing a sugar cube on a slotted Absente spoon and balancing the spoon on the rim of a glass containing 1 1/2 ounces of Absente."

You don't need the sugar to hallucinate btw. Or at least I didn't.
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 17:55   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

There's easier, cheaper and less foul ways to hallucinate than absinthe.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 17:57   #16
rageybabey
Shenanigans

I LIKE POT and SHROOMS.
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 18:00   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

No need to shout.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 18:00   #18
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i drink (or whatever) to have fun. thats pretty much it. How much i actually drink depends on the 'mood of the night'. But if im doing drugs ill do as many as possible just to stay high, probably because i know i will be paying for it in some form and want to get the most out of it i possibly can. But as far as drink goes, it varies.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 18:00   #19
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Is that stuff legal? B'cause I heard from a few people on this forum they had absynth in the past.
If not, that saves me a trip to the liquor store.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 18:02   #20
rageybabey
Shenanigans

"Absynth has been banned in most countries in Europe (as well as the United States)."

It's not illegal in Europe anymore as far as I've learned. You can buy it online though and have it shipped almost anywhere. That's how I got to try it...****s you up lovely.

www.absinth.com
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 18:13   #21
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Holy crap that stuff is expensive...
Will put it on my "to do" list tho.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 18:35   #22
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Don`t know where to start really; so many points raised. I identify with much of what Rageyb has said; but will say the following:
1) The best Shrooms in this country(UK) are in Wales/Welsh boarders area.
2) I don`t do drink, only drunk.
3) I`m on a sickey at the mo after the weekend.
4) Absinthe is good. I`ve tried out an internet receipe a few years ago. Very good with some 96% ethanol I nicked from work (very important). Tasted effective and very palitable but could n`t quite get that nice clear green colour though.
5) er.. thats it.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 18:37   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyirt
Very good with some 96% ethanol I nicked from work (very important).
Unless it's analytical ethanol, it's going to have meths in it, and so be really quite poisonous.

Of course, this is discounting the fact that they use ethanol to kill cells.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 18:50   #24
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
You're supposed to dissolve sugar in it to hallucinate.
you sure? i had it in prague, so its the proper stuff, it got me hammered but i didnt hallucinate (i did the sugar thing too)
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 18:54   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

I am not sure. This is second hand information from a friend of mine who did it. I have drunk absinthe but I've never done the sugar thing.

PS I didn't hallucinate just drinking it "normally".
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 19:01   #26
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

maybe i just didnt hve enough, i only had 2 shots (but shots over there are a bit bigger ) or it might be brand specific on how much it takes to make you hallucinate.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 19:23   #27
rageybabey
Shenanigans

It must have been something else that made me hallucinate then. I can't remember what else I was smoking, toking, drinking, etc.
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 19:35   #28
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I rarely go out with a plan. Most of my nights start at the pub whereupon I'll drink to the point at which my darts performance suffers or whilst my interest in drinking is maintained. I'll rarely continue drinking past the point at which I 'want' to (as opposed to 'feeling I should'), though my will on such matters hasn't always been as strong and I'm certainly guilty of having gotten a bit past it for want of feeling part of whatever's going on.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 19:40   #29
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

I very nearly went to rehab before I realized I was ****ing my life off and took radical steps to get my head out.. My view on drugs is fairly dim, though forgiving.

I've been there, I understand, but I'll be damned if I think it's a good idea.

That said, some people can get away with occasional social use and that's that, while others like myself don't even have the word 'moderation' in our vocabularies. It all really boils down to which one you REALLY are (not the one you THINK you are as we, as humans, are masters at decieving ourselves.)
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 19:45   #30
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I tend to get drunk very easily (thats good or bad depending how you look at it!) But i very rarely get completely plastered. 7 or 8 pints usually does me for a night. I tend to stop drinking when either a) my money starts running out or b) I feel the effects too much. Then I start drinking water (which is actually a good idea cos you offer it to random girls who thank you very warmly )

I like to think of myself as an intelligent drinker... and a lightweight...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 20:27   #31
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

I used to drink until i was drunk, however now i'm on pills so i can only drink in moderation, ie a little bit on weekends. It's killing me.....
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 20:57   #32
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Unless it's analytical ethanol, it's going to have meths in it, and so be really quite poisonous.

Of course, this is discounting the fact that they use ethanol to kill cells.
Right, back from the pub. General purpose grade is fine: 96%. The other 4% is water. It takes some chemical process (I know not of) to remove this to get to 100%. This leaves some trace elements that are poisonous; so always stay with GP grade stuff. You need to use a high alcohol content (say 70%; vodka boosted with ehthanol) in order to steep the wormwood to extract the active things etc.. Wormwood is very bitter, so lots of syrup is needed. At the right temperature/filtering etc, can do it in just over a week. Not bad for a relative freebie

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 20:59   #33
pyirt
nomen est omen

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
4) Absinthe is good. I`ve tried out an internet receipe a few years ago. Very good with some 96% ethanol I nicked from work (very important). Tasted effective and very palitable but could n`t quite get that nice clear green colour though.

you made your own absinth?

did you actually use wormwood?
Yes.

Me=Hans_Blix
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 21:17   #34
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 21:42   #35
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I never really have a plan. Sometimes I will go out and find after a few drinks while I feel fine I just don't want to drink anymore but other times I will just get totally wasted. It doesn't seem to matter what happens during the night, it just seems to happen. I will drink a lot more if it is a pub crawl rather than just going to one or two places in the night.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 22:01   #36
rageybabey
Shenanigans

Quote:
I thought you died on my floor at my 20th birthday party. That scared me.
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 23:59   #37
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Absinthe isn't illegal in the UK either. It can be bought, just without the wormwood (hallucinogenic agent) removed. It's about 65% I believe.

You can buy it with the wormwood in Europe - not sure which countries. I think all...?

You don't need to put sugar in it. That's an urban myth...

The amount I drink depends. If I'm having a crap night, I usually drink more. If I want to dance, I drink less. I am quite good at gauging when to stop drinking though, so I stop before becoming incoherent. Which is often bad, as it reduces my self-esteem
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 08:03   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageybabey
I thought you died on my floor at my 20th birthday party. That scared me.
I blame the cider. It was a bad idea.
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 08:25   #39
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Depends who I'm with. When I'm in a pub with people who I find intellectually interesting, I generally prefer to just have a few drinks while we're talking. Getting actually drunk in these kind of situations normally reduces the quality of the night, but being 'tipsy' is obviously cool. With people who I get along with but with whom I don't really discuss particularly interesting topics, getting drunk and having a laugh is normally the most fun. When I go to clubs, the optimist in me expects it to actually be enjoyable but 99% of the time it isnt, so I'll normally either go home early, or get 'actually' drunk. I like the paths my thoughts often take when I've been drinking a fair bit especially if I've been thinking about cool things during the previous couple of days, so it can often be nice to just sit in a busy club on my own and think. It often brings a new perspective on things. I'll try to avoid getting drunk to the point of "hur hur I cant walk, lets pass out!" since its generally boring.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 08:28   #40
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I drink for the happy effect it gives me, I'm not a fan of puking, blacking out or falling down so I never drink excessivly anymore (sometimes I end up drinking more than I normally would, but that would be because I lost track of what I was drinking, like at a friends house)

Have done it a handful of times while younger and learned my lesson.

I find there's no need to get so pissed I cant think/feel/move. Don't really see the attraction in that.

Though I can handle a good bit of alcohol and the happyness I go for is either, mildly happy or quite happy. Drink never makes me narky so I don't have to worry about that.
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 09:13   #41
Danae
loved

Danae has a spectacular aura aboutDanae has a spectacular aura aboutDanae has a spectacular aura about

i don't drink
Danae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 09:17   #42
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

don't really think i have a real 'attitude to drinking'. i don't mind getting uberdrunk occasionally but i don't go out to get drunk either. just want to have a good time, and drinking is part of that.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 09:22   #43
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Everything in moderation.

I pity anyone who does anything out of peer pressure.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 12:14   #44
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

I was at the stage last night that people talk to each other about how ****ed you are - right in front of your face - and act like you cant hear them or respond properly.

**** me i was blitzed. Great dat

Unread 20 Jul 2004, 14:10   #45
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Absinthe isn't illegal in the UK either. It can be bought, just without the wormwood (hallucinogenic agent) removed. It's about 65% I believe.

You can buy it with the wormwood in Europe - not sure which countries. I think all...?
(
You cant buy it in france, i looked .
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 14:26   #46
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
I used to drink until i was drunk, however now i'm on pills so i can only drink in moderation, ie a little bit on weekends. It's killing me.....
yeah, i was like that for a while, now i do both.
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 15:02   #47
rageybabey
Shenanigans

Quote:
I blame the cider. It was a bad idea.
It had been there for days. I'm sorry we let you drink it.
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 15:05   #48
rageybabey
Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danae
i don't drink
Why?
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 16:00   #49
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i drink until i can't be arsed anymore.
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 16:04   #50
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
i drink until i can't be arsed anymore.
Is that some sort of Gay Code?