User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

View Poll Results: Should PL be changed?
No. 13 54.17%
Yes, and this sounds like a good way to do it. 9 37.50%
Yes, but this is not a good solution(explain your approach) 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 17 Dec 2015, 16:31   #51
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: Prelaunch(again)

Guess seeing how the voting is atm, it should be implented for a round.
Only having inc scans showing the real LT would be the easiest option atm

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2015, 18:11   #52
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion.

Much as I'd like to see PL removed I have to concede that 50% of those voting want to leave it alone. That doesn't seem to be an argument for doing the opposite.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2015, 20:58   #53
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion.

Much as I'd like to see PL removed I have to concede that 50% of those voting want to leave it alone. That doesn't seem to be an argument for doing the opposite.
Well having this many that wants to do something about the PL issue is more than expected.
Now that people are more or less interested to see a change, it should be implented so we can see the result of it.

Unread 17 Dec 2015, 21:15   #54
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

bollocks!! you have 9 people out of 500+ interested and its "more than expected" ffs you should work for fox news or something. get with reality!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2015, 23:50   #55
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
bollocks!! you have 9 people out of 500+ interested and its "more than expected" ffs you should work for fox news or something. get with reality!
Yes, way more than expected.
I had thought it would be like 75% people saying no-wai.
People that care will read the suggestion forums, people that dont care probly wont notice the change

Unread 18 Dec 2015, 00:11   #56
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
People that care will read the suggestion forums, people that dont care probly wont notice the change
The casual players - i.e. the ones which will suffer the most since the changes will make it harder for them to land attack fleets - do not care about the forums.
Additionally: the poll was made after round end (obvious reasons) - when most casual players will be relaxing and just waiting for the new round.. And not reading the forums (if they would read the forums at all that is).

Your poll had 22 votes.
Last round had a total of 678 planets at tick 1.
Counting the total round gets 1056 planets (players that resetted their planet are counted twice).

In other words: 3.24% of the players that played from tick start voted.
That number is IMO way too low to draw a conclusion from it..

And additionally: I believe people voted first and then started discussing it so even the votes that were casted are not a good representation..
People may or may not have changed their mind now..

Also: since the initial post did not list exactly what changes (multiple proposals) would be made (and thus voted on) nor listed the pro/cons.. (and obviously no discussion about it - nor relevant data).
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2015, 12:26   #57
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
It's not an argument either way. It wouldn't be one if 90% voted in favour either, or if 90% were against. Polls are dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
Why so angry? Relax.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2015, 15:52   #58
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Yes, way more than expected.
I had thought it would be like 75% people saying no-wai.
Another retard announcement brought to you by BloodyButcher
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2016, 07:24   #59
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Why dont you go at it from the other side, and stop the ability to live launch between 1-6am gmt. Coupled with a XP bonus for live launched attacks between 7am-12am you might just give enough incentive to alliances to change their setups.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2016, 04:00   #60
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Why dont you go at it from the other side, and stop the ability to live launch between 1-6am gmt. Coupled with a XP bonus for live launched attacks between 7am-12am you might just give enough incentive to alliances to change their setups.
I know from convos earlier with you that you thought norwegian, german and polish was basicly the same language, but having to burst your "britain is the center of the univers"-bubble, but you do know there is other timezones in addition to the greenwich one?

Unread 9 Jan 2016, 09:50   #61
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
I know from convos earlier with you that you thought norwegian, german and polish was basicly the same language, but having to burst your "britain is the center of the univers"-bubble, but you do know there is other timezones in addition to the greenwich one?
I'm fully aware. I'm also aware that 80% of those who play are asleep (or supposed to be) between 12am and 7am gmt give or take an hour.

This idea benefits all Europeans, leaving East Coast Americans to launch when they wake (-5 on GMT) makes 11am-12pm launches between 6 and 7 am and for west coast Americans (-7/-8) the other way applies - launching at 11pm-12am working out to be 6am onwards. It also is awake time for Austrailians if we wanna chuck those 5 ppl in mix too.

Currently the attack times are unfavourable to down right anti-social for the majority of players, no PL tweaking has currently changed that, so maybe it's time to think outside the box, come at the problem from a different angle.
Unread 9 Jan 2016, 18:52   #62
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I'm fully aware. I'm also aware that 80% of those who play are asleep (or supposed to be) between 12am and 7am gmt give or take an hour.

This idea benefits all Europeans, leaving East Coast Americans to launch when they wake (-5 on GMT) makes 11am-12pm launches between 6 and 7 am and for west coast Americans (-7/-8) the other way applies - launching at 11pm-12am working out to be 6am onwards. It also is awake time for Austrailians if we wanna chuck those 5 ppl in mix too.

Currently the attack times are unfavourable to down right anti-social for the majority of players, no PL tweaking has currently changed that, so maybe it's time to think outside the box, come at the problem from a different angle.
The point is not disallowing people to launch during the night, the point is making it possibole to prelaunch defending at the same cost as prelaunch attacking is at more or less

Unread 9 Jan 2016, 20:03   #63
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
The point is not disallowing people to launch during the night, the point is making it possibole to prelaunch defending at the same cost as prelaunch attacking is at more or less
But it's not doable or it world have been done by now. This is not a issue that has shown up. It's been a huge part of the decline of the game since PL was introduced.

The thing we are trying to achieve is an environment where the game is not anti social, I can't see how you can do that without restricting what can happen at the anti social time.

If were being open how many old ppl would be back and improve the game if they knew that all attacks on them would show with the amount of PL intended by the attacker during a designated anti social time. This way alliance HAVE to start using social attack times which in turn would open the game up to being fun again, genuinely fun, not crawling out of bed at 3am to send beets to someone you barely know fun. Only to recall them 1 hr later.
Unread 9 Jan 2016, 23:18   #64
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
But it's not doable or it world have been done by now. This is not a issue that has shown up. It's been a huge part of the decline of the game since PL was introduced.

The thing we are trying to achieve is an environment where the game is not anti social, I can't see how you can do that without restricting what can happen at the anti social time.

If were being open how many old ppl would be back and improve the game if they knew that all attacks on them would show with the amount of PL intended by the attacker during a designated anti social time. This way alliance HAVE to start using social attack times which in turn would open the game up to being fun again, genuinely fun, not crawling out of bed at 3am to send beets to someone you barely know fun. Only to recall them 1 hr later.
Half of the community is trying to block any change to the "prelaunch problem", they enjoy attacking, and they dont like defending, so they are trying to ensure that the game is not changing.
If i were able to DC the fleets planet A prelaunched at me shortly after he had prelaunched it, it would be a less time consuming game. I wouldnt have to stay up all night waiting for them.

Unread 10 Jan 2016, 12:47   #65
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Half of the community is trying to block any change to the "prelaunch problem", they enjoy attacking, and they dont like defending, so they are trying to ensure that the game is not changing.
If i were able to DC the fleets planet A prelaunched at me shortly after he had prelaunched it, it would be a less time consuming game. I wouldnt have to stay up all night waiting for them.
A) Half the community has never set foot on the forums, probably even 25% and only a handful of those have ever said anything here against PL changes. We're talking like 10 people max, ever.

B) What is needed is a change that makes the game more 'playable'. I know there is people who will argue it is, but if were serious would you ever start playing a game where you were told all the action hsppened whilst you slept? Well me in my timezone (along the rest of Europe on +1/+2 to me (pushing 70% of the community you talk about so much)) if we follow the average sleeping pattern then we literally do nothing with our fleets except watch it land/crash/recall and head back home, for us then to PL it before bed and repeat the same. If we want to actively take part in defence we have to break up our normal sleep pattern, or not sleep at all. No matter of fiddling about with the length of PL is gonna stop that. It's just more profitable to attack at 4am than 4pm game time.

So how do we actually make a viable change? Well we need to make night launching less profitable than day launching. Why can't it be that you can't live launch betewwen 1am-6am. That all PL between that time is viewable. Why not a complete blanket ban on all offensive movement between this time? Why can't there be raised XP gain for travel and landing between more socialable hours, and a reduction of both between unsocialable ones.

For too long the discussion has been how to FIX PL, now irs time to move forward and ask what INSTEAD OF PL
Unread 10 Jan 2016, 12:59   #66
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
A) Half the community has never set foot on the forums, probably even 25% and only a handful of those have ever said anything here against PL changes. We're talking like 10 people max, ever.

B) What is needed is a change that makes the game more 'playable'. I know there is people who will argue it is, but if were serious would you ever start playing a game where you were told all the action hsppened whilst you slept? Well me in my timezone (along the rest of Europe on +1/+2 to me (pushing 70% of the community you talk about so much)) if we follow the average sleeping pattern then we literally do nothing with our fleets except watch it land/crash/recall and head back home, for us then to PL it before bed and repeat the same. If we want to actively take part in defence we have to break up our normal sleep pattern, or not sleep at all. No matter of fiddling about with the length of PL is gonna stop that. It's just more profitable to attack at 4am than 4pm game time.

So how do we actually make a viable change? Well we need to make night launching less profitable than day launching. Why can't it be that you can't live launch betewwen 1am-6am. That all PL between that time is viewable. Why not a complete blanket ban on all offensive movement between this time? Why can't there be raised XP gain for travel and landing between more socialable hours, and a reduction of both between unsocialable ones.

For too long the discussion has been how to FIX PL, now irs time to move forward and ask what INSTEAD OF PL
Ive not seen any discussion about changing pl the way ive suggested so far, please point me towards it?

Unread 10 Jan 2016, 16:24   #67
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Ive not seen any discussion about changing pl the way ive suggested so far, please point me towards it?
Ok I get it you are a ridiculous troll who is only interested in steering every subject brought up to an end unless its his own opinion or idea. Cheers
Unread 10 Jan 2016, 16:29   #68
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think we should raise tag limits. That would fix everything.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2016, 17:07   #69
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I think we should raise tag limits. That would fix everything.
I feel this is not an idea of your own creation Mz

Who knows what would fix it, we should definitely pursue new ideas tho, but please elaborate yours
Unread 10 Jan 2016, 17:49   #70
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Ok I get it you are a ridiculous troll who is only interested in steering every subject brought up to an end unless its his own opinion or idea. Cheers
Feel free to start your own thread with your idea about closing the game under anti social hours. This thread is about PL