User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10 Sep 2014, 15:05   #151
Clouds
Registered User
 
Clouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,386
Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
I haven't seen any of them whine about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
I assume the great total of players thats quit this game because of being SK'd is 0, after this i bet there will be more people than that having quit due to the introduction of invincible structure defence.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2014, 15:33   #152
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Space Invaders Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,484
Mzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Here's my interpretation of what mz said: People crying over SD because it prevents them from trolling is ironic because the goal of trolls is making other people cry.

So Clouds is.... Clouds is rrr....riii... Sorry, I just can't do it.
__________________
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2014, 19:09   #153
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 793
ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Here's my interpretation of what mz said: People crying over SD because it prevents them from trolling is ironic because the goal of trolls is making other people cry.

So Clouds is.... Clouds is rrr....riii... Sorry, I just can't do it.
Clouds is most likely wrong ... cause he probably didn't understand the question.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2014, 22:23   #154
SDN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 77
SDN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villeh View Post
I'm personally no big fan of structure killing in general, but it is part of the game and if it's going to be part of the game 100% immunity being as easy as it is this round is silly.

Would it be possible to code SK as an effect measured by number of attacking fleets? As in, 1 attacking fleet would have 100% effect SK minus protection added by structure defense (which would be significantly nerfed), 2 attacking fleets would have 80% effect etc etc( 6 or more attacking fleets in one wave = 0% SK effect)

This would allow SK to still be part of the game, and also eliminate the "troll' factor.
I think Villeh (no idea who it is) is on to something here.
I also think Structure killing should decrease with the number of planets attacking but still not total immune even if there is 25 planets launching.

Some sort of formula should be made possible, so normal attacks can still SK but masswaves will do less dmg to structures. Forcing every serious player to get 10% constructions in structure defence is just silly, just remove it all together if that is the plan.

Planetarion has been so dumbed down you are forcing everyone to the same playstyle. Value > All sit on a huge number of roids and outgrow every other playingstyle. XP play is ruined with the nerfs to military centres, even if you land for 1500xp each night you will not outgrow 60 finance centres, heavy roids and refs.
__________________
Skydivenaked

Recent rounds:
Round 68 - #1 Gal Rank #6 planet
Round 67 - #1 Gal
Round 65 - Rank #3 Norsemen
Round 61 - Rank #37 Faceless
Round 60 - Rank #14 Ultores
Round 58 - Rank #35 Allieless xp play
Round 56 - Rank #14 Vikings
Round 54 - Rank #5 Vikings
SDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2014, 09:49   #155
DrunkenViking
Retard0r
 
DrunkenViking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,164
DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

I don't SK to troll. I SK to halt constructions of an enemy planet. The same way i try to steal roids to halt income of an enemy planet. The same way i FC to halt the danger an enemy planet poses. The same way i cov op to force population and guards tyo halt the overall growth of an enemy planet. The Structure defence is out of proportions compared to other defencive stratergies. People will point their fingers and laugh at you after they've roided/fc'd/sk'd/covop regardless. I don't think those crying about it the most deserves special protection in form of a cheap quick structure than nullifies a strategy used by countless people, at virtually no expence at all. There are already mechanisms in this game to be immune from SK's; it's called DEFENCE. Stop ruining everyone's alternative plays just because you emo over peanuts. Or maybe we should disable the offencive mechanisms of this game alltogether, hold hands and sing kumbaya? Then noone will emo and noone will quit, right?
__________________
-Chimpie

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *


Last edited by DrunkenViking; 11 Sep 2014 at 09:57.
DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2014, 12:40   #156
snoops^
p1mp
 
snoops^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bristol
Posts: 177
snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
I don't SK to troll. I SK to halt constructions of an enemy planet. The same way i try to steal roids to halt income of an enemy planet. The same way i FC to halt the danger an enemy planet poses. The same way i cov op to force population and guards tyo halt the overall growth of an enemy planet. The Structure defence is out of proportions compared to other defencive stratergies. People will point their fingers and laugh at you after they've roided/fc'd/sk'd/covop regardless. I don't think those crying about it the most deserves special protection in form of a cheap quick structure than nullifies a strategy used by countless people, at virtually no expence at all. There are already mechanisms in this game to be immune from SK's; it's called DEFENCE. Stop ruining everyone's alternative plays just because you emo over peanuts. Or maybe we should disable the offencive mechanisms of this game alltogether, hold hands and sing kumbaya? Then noone will emo and noone will quit, right?
This is so true whats killing this game most is the fact every time someone finds a new way to play/win/enjoy the game a ton of people whine and bitch because they aren't smart enough or good enough to come up with it themselves or find a decent counter strategy, instead they just cry that its "ruining" the game when in fact its the constant removal/nerfing of features that is turning this game into a boring value wh0ring contest.

I feel there should be a whole new thread for this.
__________________

ReBorn-Fury-Wolfpack-1up-Newdawn-DLR-NFI-Apprime-

*CEO of the Forest fan club
snoops^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2014, 14:19   #157
Cain
Awesome
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Hague
Posts: 291
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Maybe it's time to implement asteroid defence structures so capping roids is impossible?
__________________
Apprime PR - taking away ur problems since 2008
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2014, 15:44   #158
Cochese
Retired
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: The Back Porch Bar
Posts: 2,577
Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Maybe it's time to implement asteroid defence structures so capping roids is impossible?
Was just about to post the same comment.
__________________
I'd rather be fishing.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2014, 17:38   #159
theory
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 10
theory is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Maybe it's time to implement asteroid defence structures so capping roids is impossible?
Better to just skip all the preliminaries. New round structure would be:

Signup
Tick start
7 weeks of speculation and random ranting/insults/whining on the forums
Random drawing to determine ranks
Two weeks off


This way everyone has a fair shot at winning and no one can complain that it's not fair.
theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2014, 17:48   #160
TheoDD
Registered User
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 707
TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theory View Post
Better to just skip all the preliminaries. New round structure would be:

Signup
Tick start
7 weeks of speculation and random ranting/insults/whining on the forums
Random drawing to determine ranks
Two weeks off


This way everyone has a fair shot at winning and no one can complain that it's not fair.
Whats the point of tick start then? And what will happend during those ticks?
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2014, 18:13   #161
Nitros
Internal Error
 
Nitros's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 696
Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Aside from this wonderful discussion about SK, SK-defence and other things that belong in a different part of the forums: whats going on with the alliance politics? Anything happening?
__________________
Nitros

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2014, 20:14   #162
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief
 
BloodyButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 4,717
BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoops^ View Post
This is so true whats killing this game most is the fact every time someone finds a new way to play/win/enjoy the game a ton of people whine and bitch because they aren't smart enough or good enough to come up with it themselves or find a decent counter strategy, instead they just cry that its "ruining" the game when in fact its the constant removal/nerfing of features that is turning this game into a boring value wh0ring contest.

I feel there should be a whole new thread for this.
Well this is only partly true.
Dav once initiated 999999 asteroids and was exiled by his gal into c200.
Wich meant he could sit on shitloads of asteroids and not get incs, im Guess you were chanting for him then.
__________________
RainbowS

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2014, 20:16   #163
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief
 
BloodyButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 4,717
BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

And CroWke once initatiated asteroids when under attack, MHs said it looked like farming,and his planet was closed, and the attacking fleets that were through for free land were recalled.
Im sure you were celibrating his victory over planetarion.
__________________
RainbowS

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2014, 20:20   #164
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief
 
BloodyButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 4,717
BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

And lets not forget the dude r10 who was #1 for a Whole day cus there was set no limit on how much XP you would get when you killed enemy ships of a bigger planet.
The planet he killed ship from was like 100 times his size, as he was a cov-oper
__________________
RainbowS

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2014, 23:42   #165
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 793
ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

or our current nr 1 who really inspires you to just build MCs and land a few crap attacks
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 00:12   #166
DrunkenViking
Retard0r
 
DrunkenViking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,164
DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

B-Butcher, you see no difference between farming and bug abuse(assuming he generated income while in c200, something i've never gotten myself) and playing a valid stratergy intentionally hardcoded by the admins themself(like XP and SK)? Says it all...
__________________
-Chimpie

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 00:50   #167
Clouds
Registered User
 
Clouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,386
Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
I don't SK to troll. I SK to halt constructions of an enemy planet.
You keep telling yourself that, but you're part of the "troll squad" who are (/were) structure killing to troll/annoy/make people quit.

Your logic of "structure killing is the same as roiding" is somewhat biased and just completely wrong, because although losing roids reduces the target's value, it is easily replenishable within several hours by sending out attack fleets. Replacing your structures however can take days (or even weeks) if you got structure killed to ****.

Last edited by Clouds; 12 Sep 2014 at 00:56.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 06:58   #168
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief
 
BloodyButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 4,717
BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
B-Butcher, you see no difference between farming and bug abuse(assuming he generated income while in c200, something i've never gotten myself) and playing a valid stratergy intentionally hardcoded by the admins themself(like XP and SK)? Says it all...
What does it help SKing random planets?
It was a awesome strategy when alliances at war, but these random troll waves with SK wont make SK more viable, it gives admins reasons to make it worse.
__________________
RainbowS

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 07:07   #169
DrunkenViking
Retard0r
 
DrunkenViking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,164
DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
You keep telling yourself that, but you're part of the "troll squad" who are (/were) structure killing to troll/annoy/make people quit.
How do you reckon that? Just because i SK and FC to halt the enemy, i'm a troll? I for one don't care if i get sk'd, hurts more to drop a couple waves of roids. I for one hit up the ranks or return fire on those hitting me/my alliance/my gal, and i don't point fingers and laugh at people over it(even if i lol in priv chans if i FC a high ranking enemy, but thats more bacause i feel like a cripple beating usain bolt on the tracks). How do you reckon that is trolling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Your logic of "structure killing is the same as roiding" is somewhat biased and just completely wrong, because although losing roids reduces the target's value, it is easily replenishable within several hours by sending out attack fleets. Replacing your structures however can take days (or even weeks) if you got structure killed to ****.
Ye, and with certain political situations you can't get roids back for weeks either without initiating(wich essentially costs you tens of millions of resources), not to mention ship value after an FC. Get off your high horse.

Stucture killing, xp play, fc'ing, roiding and cov opping are all a part of this game's intentional machanisms and are hardcoded into the game for a reason. To offer alternative plays in order to stimulate the fun factor instead of the boring factor. Tell me, why can't you get def like you would if you were FC'd, instead of whine about the time it takes to replace constructions? Surely losing 50% of your fleetvalue on an FC hurts more? Surely an FC is more enjoyable for the "troll squad" aswell? Why don't you want to be able to make yourself immune vs FC's while you're at it?
__________________
-Chimpie

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *


Last edited by DrunkenViking; 12 Sep 2014 at 07:15.
DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 11:19   #170
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief
 
BloodyButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 4,717
BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
How do you reckon that? Just because i SK and FC to halt the enemy, i'm a troll? I for one don't care if i get sk'd, hurts more to drop a couple waves of roids. I for one hit up the ranks or return fire on those hitting me/my alliance/my gal, and i don't point fingers and laugh at people over it(even if i lol in priv chans if i FC a high ranking enemy, but thats more bacause i feel like a cripple beating usain bolt on the tracks). How do you reckon that is trolling?

Ye, and with certain political situations you can't get roids back for weeks either without initiating(wich essentially costs you tens of millions of resources), not to mention ship value after an FC. Get off your high horse.

Stucture killing, xp play, fc'ing, roiding and cov opping are all a part of this game's intentional machanisms and are hardcoded into the game for a reason. To offer alternative plays in order to stimulate the fun factor instead of the boring factor. Tell me, why can't you get def like you would if you were FC'd, instead of whine about the time it takes to replace constructions? Surely losing 50% of your fleetvalue on an FC hurts more? Surely an FC is more enjoyable for the "troll squad" aswell? Why don't you want to be able to make yourself immune vs FC's while you're at it?
FC/Roiding/SKing/XP is all parts of the game to attain a certain ranks.
What people like me fail to grasp is the style that IE "FOCKERS" went by.
They signed up and told the other players ingal, new and old, that the gal channel was #planetarion.
Then to me it seemed like they went on with attacking random planets, more or less unmotivated.
When i use SK, FC, cov-op, XP its for me to gain ranks, or to get someone above or close me to lose ranks in the long run on it.
Now to me it seems like a lot of players now base what is "fun" on how much of a "meaningless" and "uncalled" loss you can get another co-player of this game to suffer.
Ultores have whined on them being blocked, and to a lot of others it seemed they went into this round with not a goal of winning, but to make PA life a living hell for others.
As a counter reaction to "troll waves" with SK, PA-crew have nerphed SK to a point where it cannot be used in normal warfare between two top allies.
I kind of liked the way HEROES went on about it last round, going for mass waves and actualy seemed to produce a good planet ranking out of it.
__________________
RainbowS

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 11:23   #171
Blue_Esper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,038
Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

i foresee a decline in players due to recent changes
__________________
Did some stuff, played here n there done just about all there is to do
Blue_Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 12:07   #172
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief
 
BloodyButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 4,717
BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
i foresee a decline in players due to recent changes
What recent changes?
__________________
RainbowS

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 12:11   #173
Clouds
Registered User
 
Clouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,386
Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
i foresee a decline in players due to recent changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
What recent changes?
A decline in trolls maybe. Good riddance?
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 13:27   #174
eksero
Registered User
Ping Champion, What-A-Shot Champion, Snakeman Champion
 
eksero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,142
eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds
A decline in trolls maybe. Good riddance?
Just because people have fun playing the game in a different way than you doesn't mean they are trolls
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 14:48   #175
Blue_Esper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,038
Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

if only there was a decline in cry babies like clouds
__________________
Did some stuff, played here n there done just about all there is to do
Blue_Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 15:02   #176
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 614
Hunterrrr is a jewel in the roughHunterrrr is a jewel in the roughHunterrrr is a jewel in the rough
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Pals please there should be only one playstyle nap everything you can and idle!
__________________
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, confuse them with your bullshit.
BANANA ALLIANCE!!
Hunterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 15:14   #177
DrunkenViking
Retard0r
 
DrunkenViking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,164
DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Ultores have whined on them being blocked, and to a lot of others it seemed they went into this round with not a goal of winning, but to make PA life a living hell for others.
And here he gets to the point. You can't stand to see Ultorians enjoying themself so you label it trolling and making "PA life a living hell for others", as if people would bother signing up if that was the only agenda... As for ult being blocked, thats nothing new and nothing to be done about in the traditional sense(that's been made very clear). So Ult changed it's play to avoid the same old block story, and as soon as someone figured out SK's and XP were part of their alteration they got it nerfed. Now we have mil centres that takes 5 years to construct and every high profile planet is SK immune, Fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
As a counter reaction to "troll waves" with SK, PA-crew have nerphed SK to a point where it cannot be used in normal warfare between two top allies.
I kind of liked the way HEROES went on about it last round, going for mass waves and actualy seemed to produce a good planet ranking out of it.
They also nerfed it so the "little man" has no way of sticking it to the big man if he decides to bash. In reality they removed an attractive and viable feature of this game because someone couldn't compete in that departement and whined till the admins altered the mechanics, all while not removing the feature(just rendering it more or less useless). You claim to like the way HEROES played it, but if someone else picks up the style of play you shun it?

The maths here is simple, if you hate someone enough and whine high enough that people will quit if nothing is done, the admins will alter the game for your liking. Fact tho; the ones getting SK'd over and over are still whining in this game and haven't left, so where's the base for the claim?
__________________
-Chimpie

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *


Last edited by DrunkenViking; 12 Sep 2014 at 15:20.
DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 16:17   #178
FOCKERS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 8
FOCKERS is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
What people like me fail to grasp is the style that IE "FOCKERS" went by.
They signed up and told the other players ingal, new and old, that the gal channel was #planetarion.
Then to me it seemed like they went on with attacking random planets, more or less unmotivated.
Would u prefer we lied to people, #planetarion was indeed our galchan!

With 99% of our attacks pointed to top 10 value and/or roids planets, they cant hardly be considered random or unmotivated.

Fact: Many of whom you keep calling this round trolls (Ultores) were hit without mercy by us, whined like the little bitches they are, then realised we were having way more fun than them, and copied us! Losers..
FOCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 16:55   #179
TheoDD
Registered User
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 707
TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCKERS View Post
Would u prefer we lied to people, #planetarion was indeed our galchan!

With 99% of our attacks pointed to top 10 value and/or roids planets, they cant hardly be considered random or unmotivated.

Fact: Many of whom you keep calling this round trolls (Ultores) were hit without mercy by us, whined like the little bitches they are, then realised we were having way more fun than them, and copied us! Losers..
was nothing original about your playstyle... so don't put yourself at a pedastal.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 17:00   #180
FOCKERS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 8
FOCKERS is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
was nothing original about your playstyle... so don't put yourself at a pedastal.
we never said it was...
FOCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 17:08   #181
Bastet
Registered User
 
Bastet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Teesside
Posts: 167
Bastet has a spectacular aura aboutBastet has a spectacular aura about
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Chimpie, i miss you. Come back!
__________________
Bastet of Stellar.

Rounds 1-30, 42-65, 67-69, 73, 77, 80-83.

Mistu, LCH, Vengeance (the proper one), OUZO, Mercs, Fang, TiT, ToF, VSN, HR, xVx, ODDR, DFWTK, ROCK, TGV, TheFallen, Rainbows, CT, Future, ND and Stellar.

[22:03:16] <Hermiod> Im off to bed, I'll prolly dream bout Bastet, black dildos and gorillas -_-.
[22:03:21] <+Bastet> yay xD, what an epic combination, don't forget the whipped cream!


Bastet, perving on (semi-attractive) male PA players since 2000.
Bastet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 18:22   #182
Clouds
Registered User
 
Clouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,386
Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
if only there was a decline in cry babies like clouds
I don't recall crying, but feel free to correct me.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 20:27   #183
Joseph
Error
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 356
Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

This round was epic. Since i started playing pa 2001/2002. I was kicked the first time from an alliance. Thanks beloved agar3s
__________________
#braSilFTW
Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 21:39   #184
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief
 
BloodyButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Under the Rainbow
Posts: 4,717
BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Funny that Ult decided to go straight for hitting a rank 6 alliance alongside two other allies after merging tags.
Fir what reason? They had arranged a block on them
__________________
RainbowS

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2014, 22:20   #185
eksero
Registered User
Ping Champion, What-A-Shot Champion, Snakeman Champion
 
eksero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,142
eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
Funny that Ult decided to go straight for hitting a rank 6 alliance alongside two other allies after merging tags.
Fir what reason? They had arranged a block on them
What now? Half the targets were BF, other half FL, which ones are you referring to?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2014, 17:33   #186
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 614
Hunterrrr is a jewel in the roughHunterrrr is a jewel in the roughHunterrrr is a jewel in the rough
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
What now? Half the targets were BF, other half FL, which ones are you referring to?
Don`t lie eksero i saw you noob bashing!
__________________
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, confuse them with your bullshit.
BANANA ALLIANCE!!
Hunterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2014, 20:37   #187
Zh|l
Inquisitor
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: England
Posts: 2,203
Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Wait, so are Ultores crying because they can't SK people to make them quit/cry?

Or am I totally off with this?

I personally do not think being "immune" to anything is great, but to be frank I don't prescribe to the idea of causing anyone to quit in this game. It's self-destructive and shows a sorry state of the community to do so.

I've played in Heroes this round and I enjoyed the entire hitting people who hit them and their members hard and less interested when attacks became more about personal vendetta's.

If you're seriously playing this game with the intention of making others quit then I must question why you're still even bothering to be here. Just leave the game yourself, you'll find it a more productive use of your time.

Note that Spore had quite a few "troll" attacks against it. Hell, we laughed out loud to the Norton emails aimed at SnowSeal and found it quite entertaining. THAT was a good, entertaining move and not once was the objective to try and force Snowseal to quit the game totally.

That is what I personally agree with for troll attacks and the like.
__________________
----------
That uniform you're wearing
So hot I cant stop staring.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2014, 20:37   #188
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Space Invaders Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,484
Mzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldMzyxptlk spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Well this is only partly true.
Dav once initiated 999999 asteroids and was exiled by his gal into c200.
Wich meant he could sit on shitloads of asteroids and not get incs, im Guess you were chanting for him then.
I was. Good on him. Shitty that the MHs ****ed him over the way they did. And good on PA Team for closing the loophole the round after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
And CroWke once initatiated asteroids when under attack, MHs said it looked like farming,and his planet was closed, and the attacking fleets that were through for free land were recalled.
Im sure you were celibrating his victory over planetarion.
That was a hilariously bad play by CroWke. Not because it ****ed over his attackers, but because it ****ed over his own planet and alliance. So yeah, totally fine with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
And lets not forget the dude r10 who was #1 for a Whole day cus there was set no limit on how much XP you would get when you killed enemy ships of a bigger planet.
The planet he killed ship from was like 100 times his size, as he was a cov-oper
I wasn't around at the time, but I probably would have responded pretty much as I did above, with slightly more scorn heaped onto PA Team for failing to identify such a blatantly obvious issue.

When a player finds some edge and uses it to do well, that's entirely fair. If PA Team decide this new approach is bad for the game, they can and should code it out for the next round.



Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Just because people have fun playing the game in a different way than you doesn't mean they are trolls
"Troll" is just short-hand for "people I don't like" or "people who express opinions I don't like". It should be treated the way you treat a 4 year old holding their breath when they don't get their way.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
was nothing original about your playstyle... so don't put yourself at a pedastal.
I' thought the way FOCKERS played was pretty original, actually. But enlighten me: What other alliance did the "go mass Xan, organize 2 fake and 1 real mass wave on 1-3 top planets a night" before them?
__________________
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2014, 21:18   #189
TheoDD
Registered User
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 707
TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I' thought the way FOCKERS played was pretty original, actually. But enlighten me: What other alliance did the "go mass Xan, organize 2 fake and 1 real mass wave on 1-3 top planets a night" before them?
EC has to some extent, p3nguins have, apprime have. Probably several more that i can't remember or know of. Even Rock has.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2014, 22:50   #190
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Deeeeenmark
Posts: 547
Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
EC has to some extent, p3nguins have, apprime have. Probably several more that i can't remember or know of. Even Rock has.
Nothing that even comes close to the focker scale. They were a real force and roided many top planets in a pretty defensive round. And you compare them with Rock? Please..
__________________
Golan - Ascendancy

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2014, 03:17   #191
Forest
Don't make me declare war
 
Forest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 2,906
Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
Nothing that even comes close to the focker scale. They were a real force and roided many top planets in a pretty defensive round. And you compare them with Rock? Please..
Fockers were never a real force.

Fockers (and other crappy lolwave alliances) could easily be smashed.

The only reason they ever were left alone to an extent is because is because if you hit them, they team with your enemies with the sole aim of stopping you winning.

Infact, Fockers and co played only to make people quit or to ruin their round and lol that they ruined a top 10 planet. And Norton is included in that.

Bad for the game, should fk off and quit if they don't want to play properly
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2014, 09:55   #192
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 614
Hunterrrr is a jewel in the roughHunterrrr is a jewel in the roughHunterrrr is a jewel in the rough
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
Fockers were never a real force.

Fockers (and other crappy lolwave alliances) could easily be smashed.

The only reason they ever were left alone to an extent is because is because if you hit them, they team with your enemies with the sole aim of stopping you winning.

Infact, Fockers and co played only to make people quit or to ruin their round and lol that they ruined a top 10 planet. And Norton is included in that.

Bad for the game, should fk off and quit if they don't want to play properly
You should too.
__________________
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, confuse them with your bullshit.
BANANA ALLIANCE!!
Hunterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2014, 09:58   #193
Norton
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14
Norton is a jewel in the roughNorton is a jewel in the roughNorton is a jewel in the roughNorton is a jewel in the rough
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

.search Forest
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2014, 14:33   #194
Cochese
Retired
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: The Back Porch Bar
Posts: 2,577
Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
Fockers were never a real force.

Fockers (and other crappy lolwave alliances) could easily be smashed.

The only reason they ever were left alone to an extent is because is because if you hit them, they team with your enemies with the sole aim of stopping you winning.
Yet you say they (we) were never a real force?


Quote:
Bad for the game, should fk off and quit if they don't want to play properly
"Playing properly" is a relative term.
__________________
I'd rather be fishing.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2014, 15:39   #195
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: nfi
Posts: 288
vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
Bad for the game, should fk off and quit if they don't want to play properly
this sentence is nonsensical pal care to elaborate

i can't think of anyone i know playing this game with the intention of making others quit tbh
__________________
ѵսȽցΛґ

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2014, 15:50   #196
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life
 
gzambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: guinness brewery
Posts: 2,171
gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
Bad for the game, should fk off and quit if they don't want to play properly
Define playing properly please
__________________
Ascendancy, now with added Irish

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2014, 18:17   #197
Zh|l
Inquisitor
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: England
Posts: 2,203
Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
Fockers were never a real force.

Fockers (and other crappy lolwave alliances) could easily be smashed.

The only reason they ever were left alone to an extent is because is because if you hit them, they team with your enemies with the sole aim of stopping you winning.

Infact, Fockers and co played only to make people quit or to ruin their round and lol that they ruined a top 10 planet. And Norton is included in that.

Bad for the game, should fk off and quit if they don't want to play properly
I think "playing properly" is subjective and is going to make people instantly dismiss your comments.

As I already said, I believe those who wish to play just to make others quit are a blight to this game and SHOULD go elsewhere.

Lolwaving planets that are hostile to you and your members like Heroes and having fun with it at times during wars to take advantage are something I can support and get behind.
__________________
----------
That uniform you're wearing
So hot I cant stop staring.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2014, 21:32   #198
slikkah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11
slikkah is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
Infact, Fockers and co played only to make people quit or to ruin their round and lol that they ruined a top 10 planet. And Norton is included in that.

Bad for the game, should fk off and quit if they don't want to play properly
Tbh, there always should be a group players like that in this game, Fockers was the first "real" ally playing like this pretty properly, offcourse peeps will try to avoid an alliance like that wanting to hit u, its a kamikaze alliance lol, and i can understand they had fun with it
This round its Ult/App/etc just tgt'ing all those damn past rounds "blocks/nappers and bignecks" outhere, and this is pretty understandable, atleast they can have more fun for once and sleep nicely instead of dcing every fckin night for 700+ ticks against all those "shit in the pants alliances", u simply "harvest what you sow" , and i hope they did get quite some of those peeps this round, sadly i missed the parteh this round by getting idledeleted tick 100 :/
Anyway, GOOD id say and it should happen more, Lolwave/SK/FC/Covop those who deserve it
Something like a "referee" alliance group, tgt all those overblockers and hit top planets who have zillions of escort fleets or Pnaps etc, i dont mind...
In earlier rounds r1 upto R20 things have never ever been so bad as it is now, there are always reasons "wich kills the game", but i think we rather need to start looking fast at ourselves, because the game will die sooner then we imagine imo...

Last edited by slikkah; 14 Sep 2014 at 21:41.
slikkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2014, 22:01   #199
Zh|l
Inquisitor
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: England
Posts: 2,203
Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikkah View Post
Tbh, there always should be a group players like that in this game, Fockers was the first "real" ally playing like this pretty properly, offcourse peeps will try to avoid an alliance like that wanting to hit u, its a kamikaze alliance lol, and i can understand they had fun with it
This round its Ult/App/etc just tgt'ing all those damn past rounds "blocks/nappers and bignecks" outhere, and this is pretty understandable, atleast they can have more fun for once and sleep nicely instead of dcing every fckin night for 700+ ticks against all those "shit in the pants alliances", u simply "harvest what you sow" , and i hope they did get quite some of those peeps this round, sadly i missed the parteh this round by getting idledeleted tick 100 :/
Anyway, GOOD id say and it should happen more, Lolwave/SK/FC/Covop those who deserve it
Something like a "referee" alliance group, tgt all those overblockers and hit top planets who have zillions of escort fleets or Pnaps etc, i dont mind...
In earlier rounds r1 upto R20 things have never ever been so bad as it is now, there are always reasons "wich kills the game", but i think we rather need to start looking fast at ourselves, because the game will die sooner then we imagine imo...

What does Ult/App have to punish anyone for exactly? To me, that as a reason is just pathetic. Ultores have been party to being in blocks themselves and seriously, it's only "bad" when it's "against" them.

Poppycock. As someone who has been in command from the very early rounds, let me just say the blocks of present day are NOTHING when compared to the days of Fury/Legion/Xanadu.
__________________
----------
That uniform you're wearing
So hot I cant stop staring.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2014, 15:10   #200
SDN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 77
SDN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: R58 gossip thread! bringing it to the level 10!

It is very simple!

No advertisement or improvement of the game over several years has slowly killed this game.

The universe is so small now, its not possible for semiactive players to do good anymore. In this universe you are bound to have incs every 3-4 night in average if your not in the top3 fenced hc gals.

This means either play very active or just be farmed all round.

The game will not improve unless the playerbase gets bigger, i think allowing multiple planets soon is a forced measure to keep this game alive.
Im hardly playing this game anymore, not defended a single attack and not been in any tag and im still top50. The playerbase is way to small!

Big question is, how do we get more players?
What would your concerns be if pa allowed everyone to make two planets to increase the playerbase.. Those planets would offcourse not be allowed to be in the same gal, defend or attack eachother.
__________________
Skydivenaked

Recent rounds:
Round 68 - #1 Gal Rank #6 planet
Round 67 - #1 Gal
Round 65 - Rank #3 Norsemen
Round 61 - Rank #37 Faceless
Round 60 - Rank #14 Ultores
Round 58 - Rank #35 Allieless xp play
Round 56 - Rank #14 Vikings
Round 54 - Rank #5 Vikings
SDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2018