User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Jan 2005, 03:52   #1
Spiderman

# "The Chances Of Anything Coming From Mars - Are a Million To One" He Said #

# The Chances Of Anything Coming From Mars - Are a Million To One.... AND STILL THEY COME. #

# DUM DUM DUM. Dunna na Dunna na #

Anyone else as excited as I am?

If you know what I am talking about, you will be!!!
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 04:04   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: # "The Chances Of Anything Coming From Mars - Are a Million To One" He Said #

Aren't they making War of the Worlds the movie or something?
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 04:09   #3
Spiderman

Re: # "The Chances Of Anything Coming From Mars - Are a Million To One" He Said #

To think that Orson Wells could cause mass panic and hysteria in 1930's America is King.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 10:39   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It will almost certainly be rubbish, or at the very most mediocre.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 11:46   #5
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
It will almost certainly be rubbish, or at the very most mediocre.
Last I heard, it will be set in America

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 13:40   #6
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts

From what i've been told there are three War of The Worlds in production.

One mega blockbuster Cruise film, one low budget film and this:

http://www.calibra.eclipse.co.uk/eve...ster_large.jpg
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 13:43   #7
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Are they all American productions?

On another note - what were the name of those books where the tripods came down? There were 3 I think (books), and then some preludes to them too. About how some tripods took over the earth and placed metal caps in our heads. I read them when I was quite young, but remember them being quite good.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 15:12   #8
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I think it looks quite good, granted there may be some artistic license involved but it looks to have an appropraitely eery asmophere to match the play. It couldn't be worse than past efforts.

No idea about the books Tomkat but it does sound familier (then again what's not familier about tripod aliens invading earth lol). Some reason it always reminds me of The Day of the Triphids.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 15:22   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
I think it looks quite good, granted there may be some artistic license involved but it looks to have an appropraitely eery asmophere to match the play.
Book :eng101:
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 15:34   #10
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Book :eng101:
my bad, I had thought the book was based on the radio play not the other way around. radio play I think is just more notorious
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 15:36   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

HG Wells was copying Orson Welles all the time.

Did you know that The Invisible Man was based on Citizen Kane? And The Island of Doctor Moreau was an experiment on the character 'Unicron', from Transformers the Movie?
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 19:47   #12
Spiderman

Yes but who has heared the Jeff Wayne classic?

Scarier than any movie I have seen for sure.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 20:05   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I was listening to that earlier, as it happens.
Unread 3 Jan 2005, 20:17   #14
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Are they all American productions?

On another note - what were the name of those books where the tripods came down? There were 3 I think (books), and then some preludes to them too. About how some tripods took over the earth and placed metal caps in our heads. I read them when I was quite young, but remember them being quite good.
John Christopher was the author, White Mountains and City of Gold and Lead are the two I can remember, not sure if I ever read the third.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 03:08   #15
Tomkat

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/waroftheworlds/

btw
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 05:32   #16
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

loads od minerals, thats whats comming from there

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 14:57   #17
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle29uk
John Christopher was the author, White Mountains and City of Gold and Lead are the two I can remember, not sure if I ever read the third.
yeah, it was just called the tripods trilogy, third one is apparently called the pool of fire.
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 15:17   #18
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
yeah, it was just called the tripods trilogy, third one is apparently called the pool of fire.
Yeah, I got them all out of the university library and powered through them in two days :/

They're ok - a bit simplistic though. I didn't realise they were children's books (in the same way Harry Potter is a children's book, that kind of level) and quite short.
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 15:32   #19
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah, i read them when i was like 11 or 12 or something, so they were good at the time ()
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 17:54   #20
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: # "The Chances Of Anything Coming From Mars - Are a Million To One" He Said #

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
yeah, i read them when i was like 11 or 12 or something, so they were good at the time ()
Were you going grey back then, as well?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote