User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Nov 2003, 15:11   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Matrix: Revolutions *spoilers*

So, this movie has just started to be shown in cinema's worldwide (from what I'm told) - what's your predictions on how the ending will play out?

I reckon Trinity is actually 'the one'
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 15:21   #2
Not Starbucks

Re: Matrix: Revolutions *spoilers*

i have seen this (HA)

couldnt be assed to write a thread, but, as this is spoilers I will say my thoughts

Ok, what they hell did andy and his monkey faced brother mean by "trust me, revolutions will be better", revelutions sucked ****. I am sorry, but the movie just ended on a massive great big "thats it, you end the goddamn trilogy with that", I mean, neo fighting with agent smith then becoming a agent smith which cancels him out saving the matrix, and then the machines and people living happily together, WHAT THE HELL, im glad they cleared up the EMP thing (link between Neo and Smith). Then they opened it up for more films with the archetect saying how long the peace will last.

Lastly Trinity dying, why the hell did they drag that scene out so long, it was pointless.

Apart from that, good things were the only two battles (battle for zion was , so was smith Vs. Main Smith).

I think there will be more films after this
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 15:23   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

From what i've read:

It's crap.
Nothing is really explained.
Smith merges with The Oracle to produce a super smith.
Neo goes to 01 and persuades the machines he's their only chance to stop smith.
Smith kicks Neo's ass and takes him over.
When he taks over Neo everything is suddenly fixed again.
Trinity dies at some stage.
Zion is left in rubble but people are alive.
There's no closure and it's left very open.
The End.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 15:31   #4
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Hostile is an unknown quantity at this point

If people are telling the truth in this thread I'm going to cry.
Hostile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 15:32   #5
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile
If people are telling the truth in this thread I'm going to cry.
I've read the same thing on 3 different forums from like over 20 people

Unread 5 Nov 2003, 15:40   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

who cares about that shit anyway
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 16:22   #7
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

I hope this is lies.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 16:25   #8
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

http://pub238.ezboard.com/ficapefrm1...opicID=6.topic
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 16:57   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The Matrix sucks dude
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 17:03   #10
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stay in watch the credits, at the end of the movie the W brothers give the audieance the middle finger.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 17:07   #11
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
The Matrix sucks dude
I know you understand the concept of opinions so why do you constantly feel the need to critisice what other people like?
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 17:09   #12
Intrepid00

I think its because the Matrix does suck. I mean honeslty, Nukes give off EMP blasts so how did the machine survive in 01? Can you say plot hole.
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 17:09   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I know you understand the concept of opinions so why do you constantly feel the need to critisice what other people like?
Because it's easier than saying:

The Matrix was an ok film, with some good scenes. However, it doesn't stand up to repeated viewing due to the immensely slow pace, and lack of substance in those parts.

Reloaded was poor, removing most of the good things about the original and making even the fight scenes dull.

I haven't heard any positive opinions about Revolutions.
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 17:13   #14
Ragnarak

Quote:
It's the last one!

Unread 5 Nov 2003, 17:14   #15
Intrepid00

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id...critic&intl=us

Average score of a C HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 17:17   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I wouldn't trust the one who gave it A-.

'Most of the film was deadly boring and didn't work, but I think it's almost perfect!' (to sum his review)
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 17:25   #17
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Because it's easier than saying:

The Matrix was an ok film, with some good scenes. However, it doesn't stand up to repeated viewing due to the immensely slow pace, and lack of substance in those parts.

Reloaded was poor, removing most of the good things about the original and making even the fight scenes dull.

it so does stand up to repeated viewings! everytime Neo turns to fight Smith in the subway instead of running i get a tingling sensation on the back of my neck. Yeah maybe reloaded was poor but as far as I'm aware you have'nt actually seen Revolutions yet?

At least acknowledge that they COULD have been brilliant
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 17:30   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

It doesn't. Every time past the first that I've seen it, I've been bored to tears. One moment does not a good film make.

And other people have seen Revolutions, and they've all disliked it apart from the inconsistent person I mentioned earlier.
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 17:55   #19
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
it so does stand up to repeated viewings!
but it is fair to say you don't get anything else out of it by watching it a second time?

in fact it gets worse, because once you stop going "wow look at that effect/stunt" you begin to notice just how bad the direction actually is. compare how the wachowskis compose shots and scenes to, say, hitchc0ck to see how it should be done.

EDIT: grrr hitch**** is censored

Last edited by G_frog; 5 Nov 2003 at 18:10.
G_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 17:58   #20
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Trinity bites the ring off Agent Smith's finger and jumps into mount doom.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 18:07   #21
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
It doesn't..
To you. That's his point.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 18:24   #22
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_frog
but it is fair to say you don't get anything else out of it by watching it a second time?

in fact it gets worse, because once you stop going "wow look at that effect/stunt" you begin to notice just how bad the direction actually is. compare how the wachowskis compose shots and scenes to, say, hitchc0ck to see how it should be done.

EDIT: grrr hitch**** is censored

To need to get something out of a film after watching it a second time means you just didnt get it first time round. I usually do, so the secoind, third, fourth and any other viewings are all as good as the first.

The direction was fine, this wasnt a suspense movie it was Sci-Fi.
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 18:32   #23
Intrepid00

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=16436

Is it just me or does this guy babble a lot.
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 18:42   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
To need to get something out of a film after watching it a second time means you just didnt get it first time round. I usually do, so the secoind, third, fourth and any other viewings are all as good as the first.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
The direction was fine, this wasnt a suspense movie it was Sci-Fi.
You're ignorant. Being a science fiction film hardly precludes good direction.
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 18:49   #25
Ragnarak

Quote:
good direction.
is that not a matter of opinion though?

surely?
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 18:51   #26
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

hmmm apparently the imagination of the average forum user on the internet is better than two gay brothers.

Oh and lets be honest, stop motion filming and other stunts aside The matrix wouldnt have made half the impact, and since it came out those techniques have become a bit passé, they should have made them all and released them within one year or so back in 98/99 that way people might have appreciated it better (fooled into thinking it was good)

im waiting for the porn version

edit

not stop motion but youknowwhatimean
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 18:51   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
is that not a matter of opinion though?

surely?
That is immaterial, as he has already implied that the Matrix has bad direction.
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 18:55   #28
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
That is immaterial, as he has already implied that the Matrix has bad direction.

I didnt start out to but I deleted a bit from the end which would have made the sentence read differently.

The point I wanted to make is that if hitch**** had directed a film like The Matrix in his style (great for suspense), it wouldnt have worked as well as it did in his suspense movies.

I was saying that the direction was right for the type of film it was.
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 18:58   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I'd dare say that giles used him as an example of a good director.

The Matrix isn't well directed.
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 19:03   #30
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point

The specified moment was one of suspense, which is why i mentioned hitch****. it's not like hitch****'s movies were exclusively about suspense.

a recent sci fi thriller that was well directed? Minority Report.

It is not a matter of 'type' of direction, it was simply bad. bad composition of shots, bad or pointless cutting, bad pacing, no imagination in any of those things.
G_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 19:04   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MR has nice cinematography
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 19:04   #32
Ragnarak

Quote:

The Matrix isn't well directed.
In your opinion

*sigh*
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 19:06   #33
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The Matrix sucks dude
EOT
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 19:06   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
In your opinion

*sigh*
The quality of direction is much less individual than, say, the quality of a piece of music. It's more similar to acting.

For instance, most people agree that Keanu Reeves is a 'tad' wooden.
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 19:06   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dying puppy
EOT
IDUWYAS
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 19:11   #36
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The Matrix was an ok film, with some good scenes. However, it doesn't stand up to repeated viewing.
I've actually enjoyed watching the film several times. As for direction, I'm not overly concerned since I'm not particularly interested in the technical aspect of film-making. There are some films where a particular style is particularly irritating, but there's very little of that in the Matrix.

Clearly it's not got the best written dialogue of any filmever, but it's got an above average concept for an action movie, and makes highly enjoyable viewing.

IMHO.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 19:15   #37
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
IDUWYAS
SLITT
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 19:16   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dying puppy
SLITT
W?
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 19:23   #39
Ragnarak

Quote:
The quality of direction is much less individual than, say, the quality of a piece of music. It's more similar to acting.

For instance, most people agree that Keanu Reeves is a 'tad' wooden.
I'm not saying i disagree with your opinion, all i'm saying is that it is an opinion.
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 20:54   #40
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Just got in from seeing it.

Other than the spectacle of the defence of the dock, there was nothing in the film that would make me want to go out and see it again any time soon. It answered most of the open-ended plot lines from the first and second films which is a plus I guess.

Meh.
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 21:57   #41
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

omg mrl you are a clever shit! just here or in rl too?

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 23:57   #42
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Screw you wankers who judged it before you saw it.

Screw you pricks who hate it because you feel its cooler to go against the tide.

Screw you people who hated this film after seeing it.

I saw it at 2pm today (its release time here) and it F*CKING ROCKED

There will be NO argument. NO! SHUT UP! IT ROCKED. SCREW YOU.

And people who "dont get it" are morons. Its not that hard to understand.
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 23:58   #43
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point

I loved it. The problem with it imo was that all the philosophical stuff in part 2 didn't play a role, there was no 'answer' and the end was well... lets just say they really couldn't hope to achieve what people thought it would be.

Edit: Also what really bugged me is that they went out of their way to show that machines are not 'the evil' and that they have 'human emotions', and then in the end Neo agrees with Smith in that he isn't continuing for love (which is a concept of a weak flesh mind and not real) but because he 'chooses' to continue. I mean, sure its a nice play on words but it just really bugged me.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2003, 00:02   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
And people who "dont get it" are morons. Its not that hard to understand.
I think the problem with the film is that people get it and think it's stupid.
Unread 6 Nov 2003, 00:05   #45
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

He said he 'chooses' to continue to fight because that was the entire basis of why The One existed and how the Matrix was sustainable. Human choice.
It was also the basis of the Oracle's philosophy.

The philospohical stuff from the second DID play a role however it was more toned down Im sure as they got alot of criticism from people who couldnt understand it.
Unread 6 Nov 2003, 00:06   #46
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
I think the problem with the film is that people get it and think it's stupid.
Fine then. You think its stupid if you like. Go away and play in your LOTR sandbox at the other end of the playground. Stop annoying those of us who like it.

Did you hate the slide as a kid yet climb the ladder with all the other kids,only to sit at the top and bitch and whine about how pointless and stupid it is?
Unread 6 Nov 2003, 00:07   #47
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

personally, the only part that bugged me was the ending.

the rest was quite ace, esp the senti battle
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2003, 00:10   #48
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

You insult everyone who doesn't like it, I say it's the films fault.

I'd say you're the one who's being more belligerent.
Unread 6 Nov 2003, 00:11   #49
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
He said he 'chooses' to continue to fight because that was the entire basis of why The One existed and how the Matrix was sustainable. Human choice.
It was also the basis of the Oracle's philosophy.

The philospohical stuff from the second DID play a role however it was more toned down Im sure as they got alot of criticism from people who couldnt understand it.
You know what also bugs me? People who try to explain stuff to me what I already just said but apparantly couldnt understand it. Har har.

Seriously though, that was not the issue, he tacitly agreed with smith that love etc was not a real emotion etc all the stuff he said. Ofcourse his 'I choose too' is the 'best' reply, you can hardly say 'I choose too, but I don't agree with your statement because I met this machine family who also love their chield'. And yeah, there is philosophical stuff in the movie, its heavily toned down but the contrast is what I didn't like.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2003, 00:12   #50
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hey I heard everyone was entitled to an opinion outside of Hitler's Germany.