User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 1 May 2004, 20:16   #51
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of
Re: I Signed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
It might only be a minor difference though but I would like to point out that the clone you are speaking about is a free game, while Planetarion is not.

Some people doesn't seem to understand that LOADS of people are not prepared to pay for a online browser based strategy game. It's not even about the amount of money (untill a certain point) a game cost. You just have people who are willing to pay for a game and you've got people who just aren't. Most people who are willing to pay for a game on the internet know that there's a lot more interesting stuff to do.
Which reminds me, why the hell is Planetarion still p2p? If i recall, the entire reason it went to that was because the size of the playerbase had gotten to the point that the add revenue couldnt pay for all the required hardware and the full time staff needed to watch over 100k accounts or whatever it was.

Kind of a joke now.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2004, 15:24   #52
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Planetarion is still pay-to-play due to jolt being a company who obviously wish to turn a profit, as opposed to the other pa clones which are run mostly by individuals.
Unread 3 May 2004, 20:19   #53
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I Signed Up (please read, very important for the future of PA!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileman
Does that make me cool?
All that and a bag o chips baby.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2004, 02:51   #54
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileman
hai sandy @_@

what happened with Cat? I knew something was up after r7 but never got the full info~
Yes, Cat had terminal cancer the whole time but she never advertised it (actually, she'd probably be mad knowing I'm talking about it now as she never wanted the attention but I've been quiet long enough dammit!). She finally succumbed last year after refusing treatment and doing a bit of travelling.

And hicks, yes she was. I could go on forever about how integral she was to everything we did and how special she was to many of us. She's the only player I knew that was harder on herself than any of us could have dreamed, stayed up after a long battle so the rest of the gal could sleep, took the worst targets to the "best" players could get something, and never let this damn game take priority over her friendships yet never violating the trust people placed in her.
Unread 11 May 2004, 17:27   #55
The Lambs
Old VanX Propaganda Crew

The Lambs is an unknown quantity at this point

Geez guys ....... you're making me want to play old PA again .....

I thought i'd given up that addiction over a year ago.
<Trix>Tried and Tested
The Lambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2004, 14:34   #56
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point

nub
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2004, 15:10   #57
randal
boring

randal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to all

just wait for round 11, it will shine brightly over all the crap you all call the 'old pa' and stuff.. i'm so sure there..
randal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 04:50   #58
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsnake
Yes, Cat had terminal cancer the whole time but she never advertised it (actually, she'd probably be mad knowing I'm talking about it now as she never wanted the attention but I've been quiet long enough dammit!). She finally succumbed last year after refusing treatment and doing a bit of travelling.

And hicks, yes she was. I could go on forever about how integral she was to everything we did and how special she was to many of us. She's the only player I knew that was harder on herself than any of us could have dreamed, stayed up after a long battle so the rest of the gal could sleep, took the worst targets to the "best" players could get something, and never let this damn game take priority over her friendships yet never violating the trust people placed in her.

Thru all those in gal squabbles and arguements Cat was 1 of the steady presences that always kept us from really blowing up. sigh, Cat was terrific..... i was quietly informed of her passing a few weeks after it happened. The only comfort i get is that knowing shes not suffering anymore with the pain and such. Shes in a better place.
Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)
kyrealean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2004, 14:18   #59
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
You try convincing them all to play this game again.

Go on.

I dare thee.
You suck Zhil. \o/

Kile, class as usual.

This thread is rather like a L&L reunion type thing :/

Makes me kinda nostalgic.

Last edited by Cooling; 19 May 2004 at 14:24.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2004, 14:20   #60
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrealean
Thru all those in gal squabbles and arguements Cat was 1 of the steady presences that always kept us from really blowing up. sigh, Cat was terrific..... i was quietly informed of her passing a few weeks after it happened. The only comfort i get is that knowing shes not suffering anymore with the pain and such. Shes in a better place.
Sigh man..... Cat was an amazing person
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 07:05   #61
chels
Chelsea Football Club Own

chels is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: I Signed Up

Well hello why on earth are farming twattttttts like you still playing i think you should be banned
but then again what the f do i know

r0x

l8r chels

p.s hmmm aint looked in here for 1 year???? or is it less me owns u all
chels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 03:02   #62
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chels
Well hello why on earth are farming twattttttts like you still playing i think you should be banned
but then again what the f do i know

r0x

l8r chels

p.s hmmm aint looked in here for 1 year???? or is it less me owns u all
as comprehensible as always, I see. :P

Hello Chels!

(I'm not sure anyone in this thread actually still plays)
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 06:25   #63
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsnake
(I'm not sure anyone in this thread actually still plays)

as long as i dont catch you playing its all good sandeh

that 1up ally has alot of old friends in it, makes it tempting but dont succumb heheh
Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)
kyrealean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 04:14   #64
Empress
Inactive as they come

Empress is an unknown quantity at this point

heh

I miss cat

and L&L was > *

tho nothing will ever drag me back to playing this game ever again. Still there are names in this thread that make me wanna log back onto netgamers just for old times sake.

miss you guys.

~*Empy*~

Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can't build on it; it's only good for wallowing in.
--Katherine Mansfield
Empress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 04:51   #65
Ogami
Penguinnaire

Ogami is an unknown quantity at this point

go to bed empy :/
Was behind him...
Ogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 22:37   #66
Empress
Inactive as they come

Empress is an unknown quantity at this point

no :/

Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can't build on it; it's only good for wallowing in.
--Katherine Mansfield
Empress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 22:51   #67
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

You don't even come on the priv server Empy
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote