User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Nov 2003, 15:49   #1
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Poll Suggestion Section

Having just looked at this for the first time (I haven't got a net connection so as u've prolly noticed I'm no longer a frequent spammer ) I've noticed a few things....

Firstly the "Would your round 11 be...." poll has been there for 6 days and has just hit 250 votes - surely an awsomely poor number? Secondly in both the "PAX Opinions 1 - Likes" and "PAX Opinions 2 - Dislikes" polls opinions are pretty evenly spread, both with under 200 votes.

Does this mean that out of a very small number of the community that actually cares anymore, the actual likes and dislikes of this round are widely spread? I see two problems. Firstly an awesome drop in the numbers of the community itself and secondly the likes and dislikes of some are pretty much mirrored by others, making PaX a nightmare to improve to appeal to some while not pushing others away from it.

Not meaning to sound depressing, hey, I loved Planetarion just as much as the next person in it's prime, but it is losing its appeal and seems to be on a steady downward decline. Is it really worth the (I must say excellent) amount of effort that MrBrick is putting into it to try and maintain and resurrect Planetarion to its former glory, or is it time to let it rest once and for all?

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2003, 16:14   #2
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Poll Suggestion Section

How about the 100 odd votes on the 'should we ban quit threads' or the lowly 250+ replies on spinners quit thread.

I've noticed it. It's all up to jolt anyway.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 02:35   #3
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Good post Maddix.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 08:37   #4
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

well i guess not many are visiting the boards anymore, people lost interest into a dying game.

such polls should be in the overview - there should be daily something in the overview relating to the boards. i know that atleast 60% or more of my alliance dont read things here....

advertise it - they are a part of the community and such "important" polls should be in the overview also.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 18:18   #5
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

They should put a link to the polls on the overview.
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 18:32   #6
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliterate
They should put a link to the polls on the overview.
Just asked MrBrick about that. He said last time it was up people complained, but he'll stick it up again and see what happens.
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 18:52   #7
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Just asked MrBrick about that. He said last time it was up people complained, but he'll stick it up again and see what happens.
Just noticed the link on the overview - it appears to be split in half (i.e so you can't just click on it and be taken to the page, you have to c+p, erase the space etc.. etc..)
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 19:44   #8
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point

There's also the problem of the MOTD not parsing URLs atm.
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2003, 00:49   #9
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

probably the answer is much more simple:

players arent interested in this forum

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2003, 01:01   #10
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point

http://tinyurl.com/ttmm
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2003, 18:34   #11
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Good post Maddix.
Good post Zhukov.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2003, 16:59   #12
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Good post Zhukov.
Comedy option

Good post Jester

<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2003, 22:40   #13
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
probably the answer is much more simple:

players arent interested in this forum
You mean game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrick
There's also the problem of the MOTD not parsing URLs atm.
There seems to be a problem in everything (Alliance Forums, MOTD, Overview, Politics) with urls getting a random space in them, I reported it at the start of the round, but think Spinner had more serious problems

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 00:06   #14
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

maddix tell jenn to email me fs :P

anyways.. i think the polls have opened a few eyes to realize what we've been trying to say all round. you simply can't please everyone. a lot of people liked pax.. a lot of people didn't.

all i ask is that people check out r11 because i believe we're on to something don't give up hope just yet.
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 07:18   #15
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Maybe too many noobs who didnt noticed the forums as a strong community tool combined with old PA players who are to old to type in the keyboard??

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote