User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 24 Oct 2007, 03:01   #1
badass
=)

badass is an unknown quantity at this point
Gal Defence

A real problem in PA is we have is our alliance system in which alliances with the best naps (not taking away from players *not gonna debate this*) always win. Wont matter how much they hard code alliances into pa, the "I wont attack you if you dont attack me" policy will always exist.

Now it began to make me think of how can you counter this "I wont attack you if you dont attack me"... The idea is very simple but the implementation is very complex. To create a game where you cant just target a single planet.

I came up with an idea that a gal would have a Gal Def Fleet. Where the gal would send ships to protect the entire gal and not a single planet. How it can work is STILL BEING FORMED.

My thoughts of how to function this would be:
-Have a 4th fleet section that you dedicate ships for gal defence
-take 12 hours to send ships to gal defence section and for it to return
-gal defence fleets would remain until recalled?
-Gal Defence fleet cant be used for planet defence
-Gal Defence would battle All fleets incomming based on ETA

Before you go all nuts on this radical idea you must think about it for a while. If everyone is random you cannot form alliance gals (gals wont attack each other). Gals are the new alliance. Alliances would have to exist with small members for allowance of targets.

Constructive negative/positive arguements and thoughts plz
badass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 04:16   #2
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough
Re: Gal Defence

Im pretty sure I saw this one in another post a while back

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 06:15   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You're trying to fix something that's not broken.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 15:54   #4
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
You're trying to fix something that's not broken.
I'm going to have to agree, this suggestion doesn't really solve any real problem, and potentially creates a whole bunch of new ones.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 16:50   #5
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Would be better to make it so that if an galaxy was hit x amount of times the xp gained from attacking them (and the roidcap) was reduced, so in the long run it wouldnt pay of to bash the same galaxies over and over again cause you would be left with little or no gain

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 20:23   #6
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Would be better to make it so that if an galaxy was hit x amount of times the xp gained from attacking them (and the roidcap) was reduced, so in the long run it wouldnt pay of to bash the same galaxies over and over again cause you would be left with little or no gain

My problem with this one is that a lot of the time you dont have a choice but to hit a galaxy several times in a round because of alliances/NAPs. There were a couple of galaxies last round that I landed on several times, I didnt have a choice i the matter, if I wanted to attack with my alliance, I just had to.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 22:54   #7
[ND]Balor

[ND]Balor has a spectacular aura about[ND]Balor has a spectacular aura about[ND]Balor has a spectacular aura about

I agree that the best way to solve this problem is through XP, but there is also the problem that sometimes you just have to continually bash a galaxy. And how much is XP worth anyhow? Not that it is unimportant, but not too many people are attacking for XP, they are attacking for roids.

and for ships/
[ND]Balor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 23:03   #8
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Naps ruins the rounds with the current playerbase.
2 galaxies nap and like 10% of the playerbase is out of limits (plus your own alliance).

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote