User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 21 Sep 2007, 17:28   #1
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all
Autojoin the galaxychannel in Com Unit

Although the title really says it all, I'll explain it:

The GC (or MoC?) can add a galchannel (+ password if neccessary) in the politics screen. Then when opening your com unit and connecting to netgamers, it will automatically join the set galchannel. Easy to use and great for new players who don't understand IRC.

I have no idea if this is hard to code though...

Discuss!
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2007, 17:42   #2
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts
Re: Autojoin the galaxychannel in Com Unit

Shouldn't be that difficult, they now join the #XX:XX chans automagically don't they?

Things would be simpler if #XX:XX channames couldnt be registered by private persons, but were so by planetarion itself. This way the galchan was always secure for those who joins this and that gal.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2007, 21:02   #3
Markb
PA Team

Markb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the rough

If you didn't notice Allfather, NetGamers != Planetarion. Whilst it is a good idea, it would require a separate channel service bot to control gal chans. NetGamers wouldn't be happy if 100+ chans were reserved for PA, as there are several other games resident on NG that use X:Y co-ords.

NetGamers Senior CSC Administrator
Markb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2007, 22:53   #4
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

It's just an extra applet parameter for the java IRC client.

If the GC can set the channel and password for the galaxy in some area of the politics page then it should be trivial.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2007, 09:34   #5
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
It's just an extra applet parameter for the java IRC client.

If the GC can set the channel and password for the galaxy in some area of the politics page then it should be trivial.
You're saying it's extremely easy to code? Then I would say the idea is accepted
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2007, 09:41   #6
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markb
If you didn't notice Allfather, NetGamers != Planetarion. Whilst it is a good idea, it would require a separate channel service bot to control gal chans. NetGamers wouldn't be happy if 100+ chans were reserved for PA, as there are several other games resident on NG that use X:Y co-ords.
Then make them #pa.1.1 #pa.1.2 etc.
And i know netgamers are not a part of pa.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote