User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 4 Jul 2006, 21:16   #1
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice
Change to XP formulae

Almost no reason for this thread now, as the change is fairly minor.

Last rounds formulae:
XP=Roids*5*min(2,target_score/your_score)*min(2,target_value/your_value)
Which meant if you captured 100 roids, and maxed out XP you would get
XP=100*(5*(2*2)) which equals 2000 XP

Formulae for this round:
XP=roids * 10 * (min(2,target_score/planet_score) - 0.6) * (min(2,target_value/planet_value) - 0.4)
Which means if you capture 100 roids, and max our XP you can get
XP=100 * ( 10 * (1.6 * 1.4)) which equals 2240 XP

Last edited by coffee-; 8 Jul 2006 at 14:14.
coffee- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 21:18   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Change to XP formulae

the formula has all the fingerprints of a certain member of pateam who traditionally has been massively pro-xp.

My feelings on xp are well known - it should be scrapped.
there is little more i have to say tbh
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 21:26   #3
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I'm massivly pro XP, but I had nothing to do with the formula changing.

That said XP whoring is a non-optimal strategy with that formula becuase it is based on both score and value - the formula promotes a strategy somewhere between value and xp whoring and thus on the face of it it looks good.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 21:41   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

:-(
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 21:55   #5
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Well done, now let's see how this one works out as the last one seemed like a failure
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 22:30   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The beta actually has a new xp formula:
xp = roids*8*(min(2,target_score/planet_score)-0.6)*(min(2,target_value/planet_value)-0.4)

where the bash limits are 40% and 60% for value and score respectively.
(and the xp can't be < 0)
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 22:48   #7
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pro xp when it's used in a decent way, not like the ascendancy xp-whoring r16 style, that sucked ass. On the other hand i felt like xp had been downsized too much last round so i welcome this change with open arms

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 22:52   #8
`mac^
Retired insomniac

`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
I'm pro xp when it's used in a decent way, not like the ascendancy xp-whoring r16 style, that sucked ass. On the other hand i felt like xp had been downsized too much last round so i welcome this change with open arms
Ditto

Currently - Ultores
`mac^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 19:01   #9
M0shy
WP <3

M0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the rough

lets see how it goes before we bitch yeh?
M0shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 09:35   #10
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

Agreed. Think the new formula make things worse for the for top 10 to keep good score, but might make it a more interesting round.

Not sure if i will like the change or not. Seems like value is a bit more important at the moment, and that you'll only get decent amount of xp by defending or attacking some way bigger then you. Think ziks will be able to win this round.

Interesting in seeing how this round goes tbh. And still need someone to explain the xp-formula to be. Lost track on it since r16:'(
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 13:22   #11
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
Just pointing out the fairly large change in the XP formulae.

Last rounds formulae:
XP=Roids*5*min(2,target_score/your_score)*min(2,target_value/your_value)
Which meant if you captured 100 roids, and maxed out XP you would get
XP=100*(5*(2*2)) which equals 2000 XP

Another new formulae:
XP=roids * 10 * (min(2,target_score/planet_score) - 0.6) * (min(2,target_value/planet_value) - 0.4)
Which means if you capture 100 roids, and max our XP you can get
XP=100 * ( 10 * (1.6 * 1.4)) which equals 2240 XP
So change from last round is close to nothing. TBH i liked the other formulae wich allowed you to get 4k xp more, but that's just my opinion.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 13:30   #12
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

I thought XP was spot on last round, with only the very top players taking a fall.

It was good for the majority, which is the best anyone can do.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 17:01   #13
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

The XP formula encourages attacking similar or larger sized opponents. XP style players will soon find it difficult to land without enough value to find suitable targets due to the bash limits. Value players won't be able to bash and keep up in score. On paper this looks to be a good middle ground between the Pro XP types and the Value players.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 18:58   #14
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

I have no idea what XP is other than an extra number on my overview

I dont know how to get it, I dont know who decides I should have it, I have no idea how to influence it, obtain or lose it?

in other words it is a complete (insert expletive) mystery.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote