User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 8 Oct 2005, 21:55   #51
madman2k30III

madman2k30III can only hope to improve
Re: Planetarion Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
or copyright free music

Anyway I doubt igloo will take you up on this offer which is a shame because using the podcast method where its not reliant on timezones and removes the music taste of listeners element seems like the perfect way to get a PA audio broadcast to work. I have been around this community long enough to see many attempts to pull the shoutcast model off and every time PAradio has started off with a good start and then dropped off until its the same handful listening and this could have sorted most of the major hurdles it faced. I know you lose some of the edge you get with a live broadcast but the gains are wrth it imho.
if the dj has a wide enough selection of music it shouldn't prove to be a problem. many p2p sites have a radio station check out nova stream they have bout 7-10 dj's and have a wide choice of music many with different types. so if the dj's that take onthis task do the same thing it should do fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[F-Crew]
You know when you've been [FC]ucked

madman2k30III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2005, 23:01   #52
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman2k30III
if the dj has a wide enough selection of music it shouldn't prove to be a problem. many p2p sites have a radio station check out nova stream they have bout 7-10 dj's and have a wide choice of music many with different types. so if the dj's that take onthis task do the same thing it should do fine.
Each DJ playing a wide vareity of music actually compunds the problem. Why listen to something that pretty much a music based show if in an hour theres one or two songs you like. Proper radio stations can somewhat get away with this as much of their audience is static and has a limited choice BUT people using net radio dont have this lack of choice which is where the problem with PA radio always kicks in. You play a variety of music you annoy everyone and no-one listens, you play a certain type of music you alienate 90% of the potential listeners at that moment. Its a lose lose situation and has been one of the main reasons PA radio has failed on atleast 3 previous attempts.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2005, 00:25   #53
Dorraj
[TGV]

Dorraj has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i reckon its an awesome idea! but how would it work? will i be able to get it in australia? or is it internet radio? hmm. But i love the idea. Im all for it.
Round 16 - No PA
Round 17 - TGV - Officer
Round 18 - Omen - Officer
Round 19 - TGV - HC
Round 20 - TGV - Officer
Round 21 - TGV - Officer
Round 22 - 42 - No PA
Round 43 - TGV - Peon
Dorraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2006, 21:03   #54
Stroyer

Stroyer is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry for bringing up a post like this, but I wonder if someone ARE working on something like this?

I think the podcast idea is perfect! All though music would be expencive, and not especially attractive. What I think people would like to see in a Planetarion podcast should be something like this:
  • Status reports (top 100 planets etc)
  • Interviews (ie. with the leading planet, a HC of the best alliance, etc)
  • Advertisements (mostly alliance recruting, but PA tool sites and stuff would also be nice to hear about)
  • Discussions (about tactics, players, the game, etc)
  • "Training lessons" - how do you become a good PA player?

Say this is a podcast that comes out twice a week or something. Would be great! And the best thing is: it would be easy! Even I can make a podcast (I mean could, if I had time for it)!
Stroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2006, 21:21   #55
Anonymous Hero
I can be your hero!

Anonymous Hero is on a distinguished road

If jolt aren't willing to have the Planetarion name used for radio/podcasting, maybe try NetGamers. You could possibly cover a wide variety of games which use NetGamers, instead of being restricted to the one game.

There is plenty of music available which is free to use, you just have to find it - Magnatune is one example. See if you can find some decent downloads which people would listen to in a podcast!
Anonymous Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2006, 08:12   #56
clau777
Romanian Warrior

clau777 can only hope to improve

Do it already!

Victuri Te Salutant

ex: glx/legion/eclipse/daous dava
current: random
clau777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2006, 00:39   #57
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by clau777
Do it already!
Its fine saying do it but we need either someone on PATeam to take control and get things going or we need some skilled people in the community to take the lead and start it. I'm assuming their must be some people in this community with experiance of audio production and a background in something like music whom would be ideal as the main person to take the lead on this project.

Additionally since I brought the podcast idea up I have started to listen to alot more of them and to me it now seems more appealing than ever. The bandwith issues we did think could be an issue (thus bittorrent being considered as a distributing method) could be easierly solved. If you head over to https://www.libsyn.com/ you will find the host of alot of the most popular podcast out there. This is a service thats popular because you pay for the storage space NOT the bandwith. For $5 a month you get 100mb of space and unlimited bandwith and thats peanuts really.

Also with skype taking off as it has that provides an ideal way to get the studio feel without having everyone in the same room. A skype call just need to be made free of charge to the other participants and the audio recorded and you the studio effect. This would also be good for interviews

So someone i PATeam please take it upon yourself to put the gears in motion and start collecting the people with the skills needed to produce a PA podcast
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote