User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 18 Feb 2009, 15:22   #1
bell

bell is an unknown quantity at this point
The lonely life of a new sign-up

As proper old school player of PA (sub round 10) I ventured back to the game after a absence of round about 5 years.

Sadly as I didn't have this flash of inspiration on 30th January, I am well behind the curve. Unfortunately, my new galaxy hae already decreed they dont want any new sign-ups in their galaxy, so I am probably getting exiled on the very 1st tick out protection.

IMO such an attitude is counter-productive to any growth in the game. If I didnt have any prior knowledge of it, I may have taken this juncture to bugger off and never play again in the face of such rejection.

Ah well, I guess will spend the round like some kind of intergalactic nomad.
Unread 18 Feb 2009, 15:28   #2
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
Re: The lonely life of a new sign-up

Hi Bell.

I think we played together a long time ago.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2009, 15:37   #3
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell View Post
As proper old school player of PA (sub round 10) I ventured back to the game after a absence of round about 5 years.

Sadly as I didn't have this flash of inspiration on 30th January, I am well behind the curve. Unfortunately, my new galaxy hae already decreed they dont want any new sign-ups in their galaxy, so I am probably getting exiled on the very 1st tick out protection.

IMO such an attitude is counter-productive to any growth in the game. If I didnt have any prior knowledge of it, I may have taken this juncture to bugger off and never play again in the face of such rejection.

Ah well, I guess will spend the round like some kind of intergalactic nomad.
your probably better of out of there galaxy then, since any decent galaxy would accept any active player with open arms.

if you land in a poor galaxy, check preferences. You can self exile from there too.
Unread 18 Feb 2009, 15:38   #4
bell

We did indeed, I landed in a gal with another fellow PCMA'er, which I think you were also member of
Unread 18 Feb 2009, 19:02   #5
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

This kind of thing happens more than I would like to admit and I have been guilty of it once or twice. I agree, it is counter-productive when it does happen, and actually has been a problem for some time now, unfortunately, there is no changing some people's minds on the subject.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2009, 19:15   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's shit, but as Veil05 says, there are plenty of galaxies that'll take you in with open arms. Good luck.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2009, 19:57   #7
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Don't let one bad experience turn you away from the game.
Loads of gals will be glad to have you if you're active

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2009, 02:49   #8
snoops^
p1mp

snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about

ive always given new players a chance, if a player is active, with a little coaching they can amount a decent score and provide help to gal mates. if more people practiced this the community might grow a little.

ReBorn-Fury-Wolfpack-1up-Newdawn-DLR-NFI-Apprime-

*CEO of the Forest fan club
snoops^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2009, 09:57   #9
bell

Thankfully they let me stay in the end, thanks to knowing a guy in the gal. So its not all bad.
Unread 22 Feb 2009, 18:22   #10
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05 View Post
your probably better of out of there galaxy then, since any decent galaxy would accept any active player with open arms.

if you land in a poor galaxy, check preferences. You can self exile from there too.
It really depends.. At this stage of the round a new sign up will have a hard time catching up, one without an ally even less of a chance. The prospect of having the chance of a much bigger, estalished planet exiling in is something any ambitious galaxy will choose. Pre tick 200 this might have been different but saying a planet is "better off not in that galaxy" is quite harsh and closeminded.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2009, 20:18   #11
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

in my eyes any late signup can do well seeing he can still target low score fat inactives. and gain a descent roid count that way.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2009, 08:49   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
It really depends.. At this stage of the round a new sign up will have a hard time catching up, one without an ally even less of a chance. The prospect of having the chance of a much bigger, estalished planet exiling in is something any ambitious galaxy will choose. Pre tick 200 this might have been different but saying a planet is "better off not in that galaxy" is quite harsh and closeminded.
On the other hand, the odds of a bigger planet exiling in at this point of the round are close to zero.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2009, 23:35   #13
IsNoGoOd

IsNoGoOd has a spectacular aura aboutIsNoGoOd has a spectacular aura aboutIsNoGoOd has a spectacular aura about

good luck and wb
IsNoGoOd is offline   Reply With Quote