User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 12 Jan 2006, 22:49   #1
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
d&d questions

Ok, so i know its been a while since i posted here, but I have a few questions for you about d&d (specifically the everron setting), a friend of mine is setting up a group and has convinced me to join, what kind of classes and races are available, and also what are the abilities that they have or can learn?
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 00:27   #2
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
Re: d&d questions

Do you mean classes and Races seperate of regular D&D? Or just the natural D&D.

Also for DnD info I will refer you to

d20srd.com

Wizards First Rule- People Are Stupid
Quoted by the first Wizard Zorrander

Defender of the RP forums against the GD invasion September the 19th 2003
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 00:59   #3
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

is this D&D or AD&D, because this makes a massive difference
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 12:32   #4
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

AD&D V3.5 if that makes any difference.
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 00:04   #5
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
Ok, so i know its been a while since i posted here, but I have a few questions for you about d&d (specifically the everron setting), a friend of mine is setting up a group and has convinced me to join, what kind of classes and races are available, and also what are the abilities that they have or can learn?
AD&D 3.5e, Eberron setting. The books you're looking for would be the PHB, Eberron campaign setting, races of Eberron and magic of Eberron. Especially the campaign setting is important.

All the normal races and classes for 3.5 are availble, in addition to several others.

*Opens a bunch of .pdf files*

Races:
  1. changelings - An interesting race, with no ability modifiers, but the ability to alter its own form, although in a rather limited way (humanoid forms only) and a few bonuses in skills
  2. Kalashtar - An interesting race, it lacks the +1 feat and +1 skill of the human, looks very much like them, but instead is a powerfull psionic race, gaining additional psi points and an immunity to certain spells and effects. These would make a nice psycher or wilder
  3. Shifter - Shapechangers, +2 dex, -2 int and cha. They can shift to temporarily improve their statistics, have low-light vision and a few skill bonuses. Shifting is rather hard to explain in a small amount of text, so read the Eberron campaign setting.
  4. Warforged - +2 con, -2 wis and cha. Artificial life, in a way, they are immune to some of the things of a construct is immune to (a construct is immune to pretty much everything but large amounts of brute force and damaging spells, although they can have spell resistance), they don't heal damage naturally and recieve a reduced benefit from normal healing spells. They have a list of special feats in the campaign setting as well.

Classes:
  1. Artificer - The magical builder of ADnD, he gains all the various item crafting feat for free at the lowest possible level they become availble, meaning they can craft anything a character of that level can craft. Unfortunately they don't have a spellist for this purpose and must thus emulate spell requirements with UMD checks, in addition, they don't make good fighters. Artificers are best suited to the role of cohor if you ask me
  2. Psion - An expanded psionics character, check with your GM to see if they're allowed. The psion is the intelligence based psionic caster. He has a d4 hit dice, but gains a psicrystal companion. Psions are casters above all else and should be kept well away from any enemies.
  3. Psychic warrior - An expanded psionics character. The psychic warrior is a cross-over between fighters and psions, perhaps best regarded in the same way as a cleric. They lack the sheer offensive power and bonus feats of a fighter, but in return gain the chance to get a number of psionic abilities. A psychic warrior can be a fearsome opponent.
  4. Soulknife - An expanded psionics character. Rather hard to describe this one. It has some powerfull special abilities which make it a lethal hand to hand combatant, but none of its abilities work at range, which means its ability to damage targets at a distance is minimal.
  5. Wilder - An expanded psionics character. Wilders are pretty much like a sorceror, but they learn abilities even slower. In return they can try to 'overload' their abilities, which can make them significantly more powerfull (like a 15d6 fireball at level 10 with a reflex save DC of 24, for example)

This is by no means a exhaustive list (especially not of races). The best places to find more classes would be Complete Arcane, Complete Divine, Complete Warrior and Complete Adventurer. Consult with your GM which classes are and aren't allowed.

If you want more information, or (crazy) ideas, come meet me and a bunch of other ADnD fanatics on irc.starlink.org #ADnD or irc.nightstar.net #DnD and ask around.

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2006, 17:41   #6
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

cheers for the info, we started playing last week and are doing a session a week, in the end I went for a changeling mage (with some intent to become a monk of the mockery later).
Unread 3 Feb 2006, 23:17   #7
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

www.wizards.com would bring some info too

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote