User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 8 Aug 2005, 19:38   #1
Yurgeta
Lord Yurgeta

Yurgeta is an unknown quantity at this point
[Discuss] Rewards for inviteing people to PA..

ive been looking threw Preferences and noticed

" Tell a friend about Planetarion "

this is a good idear. but i was thinking of this.. if a member of planetarion invites a friend they get rewared..

Extra tech level or 2.. or some more roids.. something they can use for the round..
tho this would mean makeing the e-mail addys logged. to prevent cheating..
and also to make it limitable. so your dont get people useing secondary + addys just for the stuff. the invited friend recives a special e-mail telling them they have to be active anouth for this persons reward to be activated

as in active they have to play.. from when the sign up till the last tick.. and if there not active for a number of days there auto deleted and the reward given is removed..

if u reward people for getting new faces into the PA Universe it will incress peoples activite and the amout of ppl who play.. also it would be nice for inviteing friend to join in and be rewared etc..

reward can be sorted by the staff etc.. but it would have to be worth it to get more people..
also gmail has a 50 invite limit.. this could work out like 5 limits on invite .. and each reward would be different..
*** Example ***
Reward 1 = 1 travel faster tech
Reward 2 = 10 M,C,E Roids
Reward 3 = 1 Wave Amplifier
Reward 4 = 1 Wave Distorter
Reward 5 = 100 (Privateer,Dagger,Mosquito,Lynx) ( depending on your race u recive 100 of the basic roiding ships )

nothing to big of a reward.. but nothing useless.. all this is useful at some point in the game.. especial roiding ships. and amps+Dis

i dunno realy lol i talk to much as it is.. but i think it would be nice to have a reward for getting new faces to the game.. will incress battle situations if more people join in the fun..
Round 16 - Retired
Round 17 - Retired
Yurgeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 20:00   #2
Ginga
Reassuringly Expensive

Ginga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these parts
Re: Rewards for inviteing people to PA..

100 lynx? roflmao.

Maybe, just maybe, you could give a free credit if someone invites two paying players.
Ginga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 20:02   #3
Yurgeta
Lord Yurgeta

my reward thigs was an example like but yes. u get my point.. lol would be nice for a reward for getting fresh face to wipe out ( lol )
Round 16 - Retired
Round 17 - Retired
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 20:03   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I think the only acceptable reward would be a nominal number of roids, say 3 of each type. Anything else other than resources would be too powerful. And resources are just boring
And for you to get the reward the person would actually have to sign up a planet, not just have you send them an e-mail.

And yes, there should be a limit. Say 3 rewards per planet.

The idea is crap anyway since people would just abuse the hell out of it.

EDIT: Actually, Ginga hit on something there. If you hand out the reward only once the account is upgraded then it is a lot harder to abuse. A good idea would be to only give the reward if your friend creates the planet after tick 72, for obvious reasons.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 20:11   #5
Yurgeta
Lord Yurgeta

yes. for members of Pa who pay this could be usefull free acount would abuse thats why there is a limite.. and like u mentioned were i forgot to.. they would have to upgrade for the credit to be rewarded..to the person who invited them..
plus if the invited planet dose upgrade they can get there reward for doing the same..

so even tho they pay for a credit.. they still benifit from a reward if they send a invite out.. u just make it so member get a better reward than free players do

free player = 1 invite..
member = 3 invites

something like this.. as a member pays it is only fair to give then more options.. as they are supporting PA more than a free players dose..
Round 16 - Retired
Round 17 - Retired
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 15:53   #6
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

I have alway found the best reward for getting your firends to play is the abbility to tottaly and utterly crush them on teh field of conflic.

This to me is the best reward and doesnt have any draw backs imo
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 01:11   #7
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

easily abused?
start of a round and i introduced the whole of 1up to the game :P
no i did honest now gimme my free roids

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 09:24   #8
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
easily abused?
start of a round and i introduced the whole of 1up to the game :P
no i did honest now gimme my free roids
That's why I said only give rewards to people that introduce planets that sign up after tick 72.
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 10:26   #9
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

how about a free credit (for people to use as they wish, upgrade their current planet, next rounds planet, whatever) for every 3/4 PAID players they introduce to the game. that way if anything jolt makes £10-15 profit from the transaction, maybe the tick 72 limitations is sufficiant to prevent alliances from abusing it.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 11:27   #10
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
That's why I said only give rewards to people that introduce planets that sign up after tick 72.
still late ppl play also its just to easy to abuse 72 ticks or not.
Unless we actually have a sorta passport acount that is active between rounds then that would maybe work nicer and it would be smart having a lil account login to.

Unread 12 Aug 2005, 12:54   #11
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

it will be abused but... if it gets a handful increase in the playerbase surely its a good thing?

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 08:50   #12
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretus
it will be abused but... if it gets a handful increase in the playerbase surely its a good thing?
Isnt that the argument in favour of permitting multiing?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 13:51   #13
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

barney idea is a improvement of what i would say

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 17:51   #14
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

how about this:-
if u refer 5 people to pa who then upgrade you get a free credit. You cannot refer people with email addresses currently in the game, and referrals only become active after tick 72. In order to receive your free credit you must allredy be upgraded.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 19:04   #15
noah02
The Original Terran

Re: [Discuss] Rewards for inviteing people to PA..

hotmail.com and yahoo.co.uk anyone?

Unread 22 Aug 2005, 19:05   #16
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
hotmail.com and yahoo.co.uk anyone?
they have to actually pay...

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 22 Aug 2005, 19:18   #17
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
they have to actually pay...
ye

i can make an extra email account there free i have lots of friends in the army/university/school/world who can pay a measly £10 on there card for me in there name and hey presto i am a new fledged member and someone else gets credit for an old member who is now a newly made member
Its easily abused like everything else :/ thats the problems with humans we always find away

Unread 22 Aug 2005, 21:44   #18
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
ye

i can make an extra email account there free i have lots of friends in the army/university/school/world who can pay a measly £10 on there card for me in there name and hey presto i am a new fledged member and someone else gets credit for an old member who is now a newly made member
Its easily abused like everything else :/ thats the problems with humans we always find away

they don;t just need to pay they need to upgrade themselves.

for example u upgrade yourself, you the refer 5 fake people - theese 5 then have to upgrade - granted they could have been your alliance mates - u then get an extra credit for yourself, but indeed you could give it away.

however if this system only work safter tick 72 i'd have thought abuse would be minimal as alliances will want their members signed up and sorted out before then

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 22 Aug 2005, 21:49   #19
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
however if this system only work safter tick 72 i'd have thought abuse would be minimal as alliances will want their members signed up and sorted out before then
It could be done at tick 200 or after, after all there's still a pretty big incentive to upgrade then, reward or no reward.

I know I said tick 72 earlier but I was pretty much picking out a random number

I think tick 200 probably works best. Gives you an incentive to get the late comers in your galaxy to upgrade too
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 22:34   #20
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
It could be done at tick 200 or after, after all there's still a pretty big incentive to upgrade then, reward or no reward.

I know I said tick 72 earlier but I was pretty much picking out a random number

I think tick 200 probably works best. Gives you an incentive to get the late comers in your galaxy to upgrade too
people u refer would be signing up after u signed up though, so it wouldn;t work for existing gal members etc - of course u could odnate the free credit u got to them

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 30 Sep 2007, 14:53   #21
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

Any chance we can ever get such a feature implemented?
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 15:50   #22
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Not really with out first finding some way to remove the abuse factor that is obvious here.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 16:56   #23
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
how about this:-
if u refer 5 people to pa who then upgrade you get a free credit. You cannot refer people with email addresses currently in the game, and referrals only become active after tick 72. In order to receive your free credit you must allredy be upgraded.
5 people is a very high amount to expect people to refer before giving them something. I know there needs to be some restriction to prevent abuse, but if it isn't generous enough then people won't even bother to invite others to play.

I'd even go as far as if you refer a new paying customer who has upgraded their own planet for the first time then the referring player should get the next round for free. Some conditions on this though - it would have to be the next round otherwise the free credit gets lost. Maybe some extra bonuses for people activating a large number of friends, upgrade 3 other people and the 4th can be upgraded for free for the current round only.

Ideally this needs implementing after a single sign-on solution is implemented, preferably with a single account only ever restriction.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 18:29   #24
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

How about just giving a few roids or a handfull of xp for this? I don't see much abuse being done if you only get a small reward for people signing up and upgrade somewhere when the round is already under way for a while. Maybe 1 xp for each unique account being created and 100 xp and 1 of each roid for the account getting upgraded. If you want to abuse this in a way that makes a difference you have to create a lot of unique IPs, email adresses and buy a lot of credits. If you can do that as a form of abuse it would be easier to make support planets.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote