User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 25 May 2004, 20:42   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Broadband supplier?

After finally getting their dodgy phone line fixed and working ok my parents want to get broadband installed at home.

Currently their paying £15/month for Freeserve 56k dialup and don't really want to pay much more, a few quid more a month at most really.

Usage wise, my sister will be using it and downloading mp3s/films etc (so a download cap would be a bad thing) and my mum will mainly use it for surfing, bank stuff, etc.

I'll probably be using it while i'm home from uni over the summer but can live without having a 1mb connection if i have to ;(

So basically i'm looking for a reliable and easy to set up mid/broadband service for between £15 and £20 a month which doesn't have any sort of cap on usage.

Am using ADSLguide to help but wanted the forums input too.

ps. Free installation/modem/filters are all good.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2004, 23:12   #2
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all
Re: Broadband supplier?

good luck on sub £20 without a cap. there are a few out there, but i'd never heard of them. mate recently went for centrepoint, they're £22 a month for 512 iirc, and £36 for 1mb. also has a static ip

i'm on demon at £25 a month and have no plans to move, take that how you will

depending on how much you care about your sister/your summers would it be worth looking at a 256k line?

-mist
mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2004, 23:37   #3
w2k
all grown up

w2k is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.plus.net do broadband for £18.99 a month but it has restrictions on the use of P2P/sharing software apart from that theres no data transfer cap

ok i just read the mp3 part, which means that would be no good There full 512k is £21.99 a month tho no caps but as melga said i dont think your going to find one with no caps for £20
Unread 26 May 2004, 07:12   #4
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

http://www.net4nowt.com/ is the best place to find prices and services
Unread 26 May 2004, 11:31   #5
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

What about Pipex's 250 service?

£17.99, 256k down, no cap.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote