User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 30 Oct 2010, 13:33   #1
jermain

jermain is on a distinguished road
Jagex

Are they actually doing anything?
jermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2010, 13:44   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Jagex

Jagex are putting together a detailed plan and design and will announce what they can when they can.
Unread 30 Oct 2010, 15:13   #3
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
Jagex are putting together a detailed plan and design and will announce what they can when they can.
Holy shit, this is new and exciting ... oh ... wait

r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2010, 15:52   #4
williams

williams is an unknown quantity at this point

Release Date 01-01-2099?
williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2010, 19:42   #5
jermain

jermain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Do we know when we are doing to here an announcement? A week, a month, a year?

Surely as we are all stakeholders in pa we should be given some information as to what is happening!
jermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2010, 22:05   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

you're actually customers, not stakeholders

Any and all information will be given when it can be
Unread 31 Oct 2010, 22:25   #7
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

from google - define: stakeholder

An individual or group with an interest in the success of an organization in delivering intended results and maintaining the viability of the organization's products and services. Stakeholders influence programs, products, and services

that pretty much sums customers up as well...

that said it would be unusual for lets say for example lionhead to put up an indepth official development blog/announcement about one of their projects. These things take time there is not going to be any quick "make PA awesome button" they got to find developer's and all the other stuff that is associated with a big games company and any project they have. I doubt PA is their highest priority project and we should not expect them to pour all their time and effort into it.

I know we as the community have been let down before but we should give them more time and actually let them do something with the game. However it might be nice for a few more creators hours or something just to let us know they are alive
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2010, 22:37   #8
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Your lionhead example fails miserably. Media coverage of the development process of games is seen in games magazines / e-zines whereby interviews and 'development updates' feature regularly.

Lionhead did a few really big 'development' pieces with the no-longer-in-print PCZone, to name but one.

But yes, you're right, we are stakeholders. I think Richard was getting his stakeholders and his stockholders all muddled up.
Unread 31 Oct 2010, 22:59   #9
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

Actually it doesn't fail as miserably as you thought. fair enough the company might have failed or been a bad choice but it is a fact that some games developers do not give out detailed development information about the game.

expected features, release date, game play demos yes but never details about who is working on it and if they are working on it until it is at a state where they can demo it etc. Not that i know jagex company procedure but they might have a no media policy? or they may simply not want to release information about the game yet.

my point was meant to be this. I doubt we will ever see the ammount of community interaction we have in the past much of it will happen behind closed doors and then when it is almost ready or at a testable phase it will be announced etc.
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2010, 23:01   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm just glad they haven't ****ed anything up yet.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2010, 23:43   #11
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road

Why so many of these posts? Do you people sit around getting your panties all bunched up because Jagex hasn't made any major announcements mid-round within weeks of buying the game?
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2010, 22:21   #12
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

The lack of game development will continue until morale improves.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2010, 15:19   #13
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

To be honest, I´m sort of glad Jagex didn´t hurry to announce what "awesome" things they´re going to do. I do believe they are working on stuff, unlike other owners before who promised lots and delivered nothing.
Quality takes time, especially with a game like PA that can just as well be compared to Duke Nukem (takes) Forever.
I prefer to wait and see what they cook up in the end, after they´ve taken their time to examine stuff.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2010, 20:51   #14
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
you're actually customers, not stakeholders

Any and all information will be given when it can be
If I told my clients this I would lose them.
Unread 4 Nov 2010, 21:29   #15
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

how about they work on their internet connection!!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2010, 21:30   #16
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

oh and a customer is a stakeholder
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2010, 21:16   #17
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Stakeholder != Shareholder

Players of PA are stakeholders, as they have an interest in the game and the future of it.

It amazes me that PA's staff still fails to realize this after so many years...
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2010, 22:33   #18
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Breaking News!

I have just hacked Jagex and stolen some of the NEW PA CODE!

Remember PAX? Well this is PAXXXX for Round 40!

They've rewritten the ENTIRE GAMING ENGINE!

Just to prove I did it, I'm releasing the login script for Planetarion for all of you to see:

Code:
/********************
PAXXXX Version 0.0023
Login Script
********************/
HAI
CAN HAS STDIO?
PLZ OPEN FILE "USERS.DB"?
	AWSUM THX
		IM IN YR LOOP
			I HAS A VAR LINEUSER
			I HAS A VAR LINEPASS
			I HAS A VAR USER
			I HAS A VAR PASS
			IZ VAR USER EQUAL 2 LINEUSER AND IZ VAR PASS EQUAL 2 LINEPASS
				I HAS A VAR DOYOUHAVEASTAKEINPLANETARION
				IZ VAR DOYOUHAVEASTAKEINPLANETARION TRUE?
					VISIBLE "LOGIN SUCCESSFUL!" KTHXBYE
				O NOES
					VISIBLE "PLEASE SOLVE THIS CAPTCHA: x*0.5*(800-x)^(-0.5)*(-1)+(800-x)^0.5?"
			O NOES
				OMGCONTINUE
		IM OUTTA YR LOOP
	O NOES
		VISIBLE "ERROR! DATABASE DOWN!"
PLZ CLOSE FILE "USERS.DB"
KTHXBYE
** Apparently PAXXXX is written in LOLCODE

Nitin
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2010, 03:23   #19
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

If I could hug you, I would.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2010, 04:03   #20
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

There are 2 sides to this

1) Optimist - Can wait until Jagex decides what to do, and will trust them to do bring PA back to its former glory.

2) Pessimist - Has seen what happened to the game, since spinner moved on and doesn't trust any other owner.

We have a few of the first, but they get crushed by the weight of the second.

While I can see it will take a while for Jagex to actually decide where PA is to go, I believe that they must have had some idea as to where PA is going, before they even bought the game (optimist).

If not then they only bought it for the name (pessimist, conspiracy theory), and as such "PA 2" will be far removed from the current game. I say this because as a game, the current version doesn't work on a commercial level. As such, jagex would have to reinvent the game from scratch.

I think most people are worried by the lack of actual interaction from jagex (they cant even make it to the creator hours).

I also like to know where to PA Team stand in relation to jagex? Are you running this game or the temporary caretakers, to be replaced with more jagex staff?

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2010, 08:31   #21
Appocomaster
PA Team

Jagex planned almost from the start to keep the PA Team on board. They never planned to buy it to use the name for something else; they saw it's been under resourced and wished to correct that. They prize good, addictive games over forcing everyone to pay to play, so I can't see them trying to force people to pay to milk as much money as possible from the game, either. They were actually surprised at the percentage of people who do pay.

They have formed a small project team for the moment, and have had to spend more time than they expected going through a lot of internal processes and getting things sorted out their end. They've identified areas they want to improve so that they can add it to the Jagex website. As the game is changed to meet that standard, you'll start to see more of an influence on the support / mh / community side.
Unread 10 Nov 2010, 08:49   #22
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Looking forward to it. Your statement sounds more reasonable than any of the crap pervious owners after Spinner told us. Keeping mild hopes things might actually improve during time.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2010, 15:01   #23
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
They prize good, addictive games over forcing everyone to pay to play, so I can't see them trying to force people to pay to milk as much money as possible from the game, either. They were actually surprised at the percentage of people who do pay.
While I like playing for free, I can also see the fact that you dont get any real benefit from paying, all you get is access to auto report incs, and a small resource influx.

For most people who play casually, its not worth the small amount to pay,

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2010, 05:52   #24
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jagex planned almost from the start to keep the PA Team on board. They never planned to buy it to use the name for something else; they saw it's been under resourced and wished to correct that. They prize good, addictive games over forcing everyone to pay to play, so I can't see them trying to force people to pay to milk as much money as possible from the game, either. They were actually surprised at the percentage of people who do pay.

They have formed a small project team for the moment, and have had to spend more time than they expected going through a lot of internal processes and getting things sorted out their end. They've identified areas they want to improve so that they can add it to the Jagex website. As the game is changed to meet that standard, you'll start to see more of an influence on the support / mh / community side.

...Do they plan on replacing the multihunter team?
Unread 11 Nov 2010, 10:58   #25
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have absolutely no problem with the approach Jagex is currently taking. I would expect something within a year of them getting the game, though. It's not _that_ complicated, after all.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote