User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 28 Oct 2009, 08:11   #1
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Scanning Chance... again

I've many times stated that i dislike the way scanning works, either yes or no (amps v dists).

I always liked the early rounds of chanced based, where by everyone had a chance to use their own scans and scanners were used sparingly.

I propose that we being back the formulas for chance based scanning, but with a slight change.

Its easier to scan a planet, if a planet has a fleet coming to you (perhaps even prelaunch).

So with no fleet launched at you, you would more than likely need a scanner (if high enough dist amount).

To balance out the fact dists and amps take the same time to build, I would suggest that Dists are twice as effective. So if one planet build dists and one planet build amps, then it would always be 50% chance to scan (at a basic level, but the value could be a lot lower 25% or worse).

Pros
1) Xans cloaking ability get a little less massive.
2) Joe Bloggs can try and scan people (but it may take a lot of resources to do it).
3) People may build less dists, because of the gap in the cloaking armor.

Cons
1) The 100% dist route would be less used, but that would help out with general scanning.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2009, 11:20   #2
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold
Re: Scanning Chance... again

Random chance is bad in a competitive environment.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2009, 14:49   #3
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
Random chance is bad in a competitive environment.
Not necessarily. If the game is too predictable, then adding some randomness is good in ensuring that people do not get bored to death.

However, scan system needs a serious revamping anyway, so my only reason against this suggestion is to rather take the time and redesign this part of the game properly.
Unread 28 Oct 2009, 14:50   #4
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

And at what point would one be unscannable by another planet it's attacking? Still amps+1=dist?
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote