User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 30 May 2006, 03:52   #1
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute
Venting some frustration...

My mother and her partner have recently separated and they bought a property in a auction that she let him sign the deeds of. He lives in Swindon during the week since he has a graphic design business there, and used to come down to Wales (where she lives/ property is) on the weekends. The property is 30 or 35ache farm that used to belong to the coal board since they were going to open cast the whole valley but never got planning permission so sold off all the land in about 2002, my mum bought it and let her partner sign the contract and is doing up the house and barns as a long term project.

Anyway, about a month ago they spilt and then got back together to give it another go (I’m convinced part of the reason for this is he wanted her to get builders in to finish the work but she refused since it is a long term project for her, and hence he could get more money from a "finished project" ). However a couple of weeks ago they had another falling out and he stormed back up to Swindon taking her phone with him and demanding she would have to sell the property (he arranged to have her old number put on his business account.)

Initially, she was going just offer him half the value hoping he would just settle quickly but he said he would reject anything she offered and wanted more then half of the value (knowing she wants to keep the property) however when he told her this, she decided she is going to go for what she is actually owed (she is an accountant with her own practice, and used to do all his taxes / business accounts plus help with the bookkeeping letting him use her staff fir it, he took it all for granted and has never really paid her.)

Anyway, since he still technically owns half the property he has decided he will still come down every weekend. Things started to boil up last weekend initially when he decided to break into the shed and barn (converted to office) and take all the power tools, some which he has brought down and some which she bought.

Onto to this weekend, he came down with his son(25 yo), and people who are actually friends with both of them saying “we will come down and ignore you the whole time” hoping to make her get uncomfortable now this didn’t work and it ended with his son getting uncomfortable and leaving on Saturday. Sometime on the Saturday, they also went and removed all the screwdrivers and the like from the shed, which is if I am perfectly honest just very petty and childish since it is more an annoyance then anything. Saturday night went ok, since their friends weren’t doing the “ignore her” plan so he had to just sit there quietly and get along. The major problem came on Sunday night, when he went down to the pub with one of the friends who came down for the weekend and when they came back he brought some people up from the pub and started threatening/pushing my mum around (he didn’t actually do anything, just let them do it all.) Not sure, how but eventually they left (her partner and the people from the pub) and my mum and their friends from the Swindon were the only people left. The “amusing” thing is, that one of the people who came down was just a drinking friend of her partners from Swindon and didn’t actually know my mum well but after seeing what he was really like stayed on the farm and sided with my mum. Today, my mum contacted the police and reported it and her partner left on his own for Swindon early morning.

Why I am posting this you might ask? Well I only heard about it all today, well the activities on Sunday, and I am currently in university ~350miles away in Newcastle. I also have exams over the next week and so am feeling “helpless.” As such I am just venting some frustration here, since I don’t know what to do. If anyone has any ideas, don’t hesitate to reply

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea

Last edited by Stifler; 30 May 2006 at 04:23.
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2006, 04:45   #2
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Venting some frustration...

Hmm....Stifler's mom.

Anyway, sounds right shitty. But from a legal standpoint it sounds quite sticky. Reporting it to the police was the right step, now whatever happens there is a record of a complaint.
I have no practical advice however, as I really couldn't think of anything that would be helpful...apart from boobytrapping a nail gun and leave it lying around.

P.s. You haven't also ****ed a pie by any chance have you?