User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 May 2006, 09:01   #1
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
the eurovision songfestival

reading some dutch newssite, i found the following lyrics by the contender from Iceland:

Congratulations

Hey you, looking at me, I’m talking to you
I’m Silvia Night shining in the light – I know you want me too
Born in Reykjavik in a different league – no damn eurotrashfreak
The vote is in, they say I win
To bad for all the others

So congratulations I have arrived
I’m Silvia Night and I’m shining so bright
Eurovision nation your dreams will come true
You’ve been waiting forever
For me to save you
Wham bam boom

My song’s totally cool no yesterday’s news
Really hot okay, really not too gay
I’m coming here to stay
Want a piece of me, listen carefully
You’ll be D.E.A.D.
So boys and girls around the world,
Let’s meet next year in Iceland

Eurovision nation your dream’s coming true
For me to save you

(phone - conversation)
Hello is it god?
What’s up dog?
It’s your favourite person in the world Silvia Night
I’m saving the world
See you...bye

For me to save you
Wham bam boom

Vote for your hero that’s what you must do
I love you

so when is this songfestival? i can't wait tbh.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 10:16   #2
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: the eurovision songfestival

That's superb.

I shall Sky+ it.

What could possibly beat that?

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 11:03   #3
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Saturday 20th May for the final

Thursday 18th May for the semi final (which determines half the line up for the final) Iceland are in this, but towards the end (after Estonia and Bosnia Herzegovina) so you dont have to watch all of it, so may not be in the final.
Unread 15 May 2006, 12:58   #4
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is the UK entry:

Teenage life

Now hear this...

What did you learn at school today ?
That's what the teachers used to say
But they don't know
Don't understand, do they?
Why do they always give advice?
Saying "Just be nice, always think twice"
When it's been a long since they had a teenage life

What did you learn at school today?
But they don't know
Why do they always give advice
When it's been a long time since they had a teenage life

Dwelling on the past, from back when I was young
Thinking of my school days and trying to write this song
Classroom schemes and dreams
Man they couldn't save me
Cos my days were numbered when I signed down on “Avy”
Teenage kicks running out what could we do
I still show respect to my boys who made it through
And getting told off Mr T how my life would be
Then giving him a signal
So everyone could see

Sunshine and shade
Those girls I'd serenade
Thinking of those sixth form chicks that misbehave
Hoping that those days would go on and on forever
Every day something new
Just friends running together
But suddenly school ends
Your teenage life gone
All your mates are growing up now
They're moving on
And now I'm looking back
I'll tell you what I know
Do you listen to your teacher ?
No I don't think so

"What did you learn at school today?"
But they don't know

Now if you treat the kids fine, together they will shine
Ooh ooh ooh shine
And if you give the kids time, they won't do the crime
Won't do the crime

Now my bad old ways
Were during my school days
Messing on those grade A's
My life is just a haze
I'm going through the struggle
Five ten and kicking back
So I could lock my flow
Lace it up now on the track
Oh yeh I felt the pain
Whilst chasing all the fame
I'm being told I'm nothing
Just a player in the game
But now I walk tall
Stand proud for you to see
I'm driving these fast cars
It's five stars for me

"What did you learn at school today?"
But they don't know

--

Schoolgirls ++ obviously, but what else does everyone think about it? It has rapping* too

*raping
Unread 15 May 2006, 12:58   #5
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Is it the Finnish entry that's the latex masked death metal group ?

Bet they eat Wogan if he says anything naughty.

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 14:46   #6
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

As a musician this shit offends me.

It's all bullshit and you know it.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 16:43   #7
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

That Icelandic song was more than likely written by a narcissistic sociopath. C'mon it even has a part where she's talking to God.

Pity they cut out the second converstaion with God where it goes:

(phone - conversation)
Hello again there god?
What’s that you're saying?
You want Silvia Night to skin the unbelievers?
I have to drink the blood of the innocent?
Ok! See you...bye
Unread 15 May 2006, 17:18   #8
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: the eurovision songfestival

Finland's entry, ho ho ho
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 17:32   #9
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Britains entry is good for several reasons

Schoolgirls
Easy Lyrics
Schoolgirls
Lighthearted humour
Schoolgirls
The guy is famous in eastern europe
Oh did I mention schoolgirls?

I reckon we could win as I saw him on richard and judy and it seemed quite funny and upbeat better than taking it seriously. Plus he has all his fans in poland and places like that. Plus theres schoolgirls.
Unread 15 May 2006, 17:37   #10
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Are there actually rules that state all entries have to be shitty europop, or is that just something that happens in practice?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 17:38   #11
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

All Eurovision entries have to be shite. It's in the Treaty of Rome.
Unread 15 May 2006, 17:41   #12
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Was reinforced at Maastricht. Britain then opted back into the social chapter in 1997 meaning we have to produce shite as well.
Unread 15 May 2006, 17:43   #13
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The one thing that's pretty much a given is that Ireland won't win it. Mainly because we've had that dubious distinction of winning it a billion times in a row and the state broadcaster (RTE) can't afford it anymore.
So they pick a song that will definatly not win (ie some shite ballad) and pack off some retard singer, i.e. in this case Brian 'I lick nobs and have floppy hir' Kennedy.

Then it'll be some upbeat poppy number with half naked chicks who wins and the wallet of RTE breathes easy once more.
Unread 15 May 2006, 17:44   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

When was the last time Ireland won it? I suppose the last time folk music had any crediblity was around 1976, so it must be at least thirty years or so, I reckon.
Unread 15 May 2006, 17:52   #15
pig
1up on you

the 90s?
Unread 15 May 2006, 17:57   #16
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
The one thing that's pretty much a given is that Ireland won't win it. Mainly because we've had that dubious distinction of winning it a billion times in a row and the state broadcaster (RTE) can't afford it anymore.
So they pick a song that will definatly not win (ie some shite ballad) and pack off some retard singer, i.e. in this case Brian 'I lick nobs and have floppy hir' Kennedy.
You mean like "My Lovely Horse"?
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 18:00   #17
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Are there actually rules that state all entries have to be shitty europop, or is that just something that happens in practice?
It's tradition!
Unread 15 May 2006, 19:34   #18
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

The Elf Girl From Norway Is Gonna Win!!!
Unread 16 May 2006, 01:03   #19
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
The Elf Girl From Norway Is Gonna Win!!!
My moneys on Gunther...
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote