User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 30 Aug 2005, 02:37   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Fight or Flight

There's a magic little almond at the centre of your head.

It's a lever big enough to move your whole body.

It's called the amygdala and it's responsible for any phobia that exists.

Achluophobia: an irrational fear of the dark

Basophobia: an irrational fear of falling

Cheimaphobia: an irrational fear of the cold

All controlled by the amygdala.

Dysmorphophobia (deformity, especially in others), emetophobia (vomiting), gerascophobia (growing old), hypnophobia (sleep), ichthyophobia (fish), katagelophobia (ridicule), ligyrophobia (loud noises), nosophobia (illness/disease), odynophobia (pain), peniaphobia (poverty).

More fears than you could possibly remember (and there'll be a phobia for not being able to do that too).

Cathisophobia: an irrational fear of sitting down

Just because a name for it exists doesn't make it sensible

All those people with phobias it's a good bet that just like their hook nose or wild uncontrolable hair or their squinty eyes, just like their genes they got it from their folks.

All these frightened people out there spawning more frightened people.

The end of the world aint gonna come with nuclear holocaust.

All it's gonna take is some fanatical terrorist group blowing up the benzodiazepine factories.

Klonopin, halcion, librium consigned to a firey fate.

Valium, ativan, paxipam "not available at this time"

Centrax, serax, tranxene existing merely as formulae.

With the pacifiers gone there'll be nothing left to keep the panicky masses in check.

Humanity will disappear and what remains will tear itself apart.

And you just know that now this apocolyptic vision has been prophosised there'll be people out there getting all amped worrying that it'll happen.

Stupid ****ers.

Pygmophobia: an irrational fear of midgets or short people.

A girl i work with has that one.

At first glance and from a distance midgets look like kids.

They kinda blend in.

As they approach tho you can identify adult features.

This girl at work when she "identifies" that's when she starts panicking.

It starts off just with her breathing accelerating.

As the midget gets closer she gets more and more anxious.

Sweating palms, darting eyes, teeth bared in a snarl.

20 feet away and she'll be crossing the road to "get away from the damned thing".

The look of fear on her face is quite comical.

**** knows how someone goes about getting a phobia like that tho.

There's a midget who works someplace close by to where i work.

Leaving the office one day i happened to spot him just ahead of me.

Using my mobile i took a photo of him.

The girl at work, the pygmophobe, being her friend it's only natural that i would want to help her get over this debilitating affliction.

Let her lead a normal life.

You know "that sort of thing".

I sent her the photo as a mulitmedia text message.

I even included a little bit ot writing at the bottom.

"looks like someone let him out of his cage again"

I think humour is always useful in situtions like this.

You can't really be scared of something you laugh at.

Now karma being what it is you don't really want to laugh at those more disadvantaged than you.

You've really gotta think about the situtaion though.

Those little midget ****ers can make an absolute fortune if they move to Mexico.

All they've gotta do is wrestle a bit.

So midgets can make a fortune 'cause of their size so who's really the one at a disadvantage here?

I saw my friend at work today for the first time since i sent the text.

There'd been no reply so i wasn't sure how much she appreciated my help.

Her phone can act a bit wonky at times tho so i asked if she'd received it.

"No".

No she hadn't received it.

No Catherine hadn't received it.

Catherine hadn't received it because in the glee-filled moment of sending the text i'd sent it to Katherine.

That's Kat my sister's friend.

Ohhh well nothing was going to happen there anyway.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 02:40   #2
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Fight or Flight

(and "yes" all that for me to tell "a Kat story")
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 02:44   #3
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

*yawn
________
KD80

Last edited by Arachnidman; 25 Jan 2011 at 13:44.
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 03:16   #4
Dace
so f*cking zen

It was 4 hours from when i first mentioned i was gonna write a story and 3 after i decided to start it so STFU!

Anyways i had to "research".
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 03:33   #5
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
Research?
pygomohpbia was the third option given to you (by me incidentaly), maybe 5 minutes after you asked. and you got the phobia-list equally fast.

Pygomophobia might have been given to me early on but it didnt stop me from continuing to google to see if i could find an "official" answer.

I got several phobia lists ... and i had to read them all (looking for specific things). The getting didnt take long. The reading did.

I also had to research:

- drugs
- fight/flight response (the brain)
- "fear" quotes (i was thinking of starting the story with one but changed my mind ... still read them for about 20 minutes tho)

Quote:
Your storytelling abilities have dropped somewhat since the last Tale of Rankin....

I actually disagree with you.

I thought what i wrote was good.

If anything let it down it was the ending which was always gonna be weak.

Instead of just making a thread on "an amusing thing happened at work today", posting 5 lines and having another thread accredited to myself after 2 minutes i thought i'd actually put some effort into it partly for the benefit of GD (:rolleyes:) but mostly to practise.

Writing well is not as ****ing easy as it may seem.

In conclusion feel free to savage the end of the story but if you mock the "story-telling" you're talking out of your arse *shrug*
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 03:37   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Also, Nan, feel free to write a story about any aspect of your life.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 03:48   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
You've written far more entertaining stories than this before, Dace.
I am sure we both can agree on that.

Obviously, but i feel this one was about the "best written".
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 03:54   #8
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Your storytelling abilities have dropped somewhat since the last Tale of Rankin....
yours haven't changed
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 10:08   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was thinking "oh hey, the fight club special features must be pretty good" until halfway through your post.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 10:16   #10
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

superb
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 11:00   #11
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I laughed out loud at the caption you decided to put underneath the picture
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 14:10   #12
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you forgot to mention coulrophobia - the irrational fear of clowns
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 14:22   #13
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Using my mobile i took a photo of him.

I sent her the photo as a mulitmedia text message..
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 14:33   #14
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

tl:dr
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 17:48   #15
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough

I was expecting a Kurashima joke :(
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 18:24   #16
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

[quote=Nantoz]I only get neg. reped and called attention whore when I attempt to write something personal, so I seldom bother to do it.QUOTE]
Wussaphobia?
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 20:31   #17
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

have you been reading Chuck Palahniuk again dace?