User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 22 Apr 2005, 19:30   #1
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Social Differences

At school, and at university, there are different social circles.

Now there's the in crowd. Those who spend a lot of time together and seem to do lots of things. They're generally seen as being 'cool'.

Now there's a group of people who instead of doing the aforementioned things spend there time posting on internet forums, spend time playing networked computer games. They're generally not as socially active, in the real world that is, than the aforementioned group.

Why do you think this is?
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 19:40   #2
Korach
Commander

Korach is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Social Differences

People are different. It probably has something to do with coincidences as well. If I had signed up for my first Planetarion account three minutes later than I did about five years ago, I probably would have gotten a planet in some other galaxy than I did. Perhaps I wouldn't have gotten as hooked as I got, and hence wouldn't be sitting here right now. If it weren't for these forums, I definitely wouldn't be have started studying English.

Former BlueTuba

R1: 46:41:x
R2: 15:1:x (Quit) 11:11:22
R3: 7:9:22 (Quit) 3:12:4
R4: 189:18:6
R5: 25:6:14 [Mercury & Solace]

Updated 19 April 2005!

Last edited by Korach; 22 Apr 2005 at 19:49.
Korach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 19:48   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We dont have different social groups tbh, just different groups...
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 20:12   #4
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
i don't

there are loads of cool people on here, dante is the coolest person i've ever spoken to ever. deffeh and jonny and james and rob and chris and dace and nick and tom and symm are all cool! there's alot of other cool people on here too. i can only think of one or two people who i've spoken to on here who aren't cool.

the whole idea of cool is strange anyway, i've always found pleasant, interesting and kind people cool, i don't really understand what other people think is cool.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 20:35   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm socially "cool", yet I'm also a geek and don't try to hide it.

I just make fun of myself being geeky, that's how I manage it. It's fun.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 20:44   #6
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Some people have yet to discover Masters of Orion II.

It's not their fault.

I pity them.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 21:06   #7
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
Some people have yet to discover Masters of Orion II.

It's not their fault.

I pity them.
them and those that discoverd Masters of Orion III
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 21:08   #8
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Quite.

I can't get in to get MOO III.

Bless my pretty little head :(

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 23:03   #9
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korach
I definitely wouldn't be have started studying English.
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 23:20   #10
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I'm socially "cool", yet I'm also a geek and don't try to hide it.

I just make fun of myself being geeky, that's how I manage it. It's fun.
i can wipe the floor with any upper middle class pashmina/rugby top wearing so called cool

the worry most have is money. money makes you able to sneer, nothing is beautiful when you have money, its only 'ok'

immitate my friends.

money is the magic feather that gives you the confidence to do what you where always able to do

sneer my friends, sneer. then you will find cool. power over others and all the other worthless crap you are bitter that others have and you don't.
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 00:14   #11
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Now there's the in crowd. Those who spend a lot of time together and seem to do lots of things. They're generally seen as being 'cool'.

Now there's a group of people who instead of doing the aforementioned things spend there time posting on internet forums, spend time playing networked computer games. They're generally not as socially active, in the real world that is, than the aforementioned group.

You can cross-socialize. Just be open minded. If they're jerks and they don't want anything to do with you then you probably wouldn't enjoy hanging out with them anyway. I don't presume to know why people hang out with others, I mean I guess you can look at demographics, but there's probably more to it than that.
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 00:30   #12
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

honey

you're foreign

lord strike me down. but you are.

foreigners do not get 'it'
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 08:23   #13
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

I`m 30 something, and still on a school leavers salary :/ I get 28 days holiday a year (excluding bank holidays and uni days off) plus a good public sector pension. I also have a crap computer ( 1.2GHZ Duron, 255Meg RAM, ROM).

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.

Last edited by pyirt; 23 Apr 2005 at 08:30.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 09:35   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Because they're spending time playing networked computer games and posting on internet forums? Sometimes there really aren't enough hours in the day. I spend a lot of time both on here and with my friends but then I don't really attend lectures so I get the time from there.
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 10:39   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think the geek / jock divide is becoming rather outdated (or changing). When I was about 12/13 playing computer games or using on-line services (BBS or Usenet or whatever) was a major sign of geekdom and that you wouldn't have sex until you were 35 (when you'd still be living at home with your parents).

A number of changes (the Playstation, low cost internet, blogging, more media coverage) means that these are no longer very elitist pursuits. Even among the girls I meet who I'd class as bimbos there's a pretty high usage of things like MSN and the like. Half the population of services like Livejournal or Myspace is girls who would have run a mile from anyone who said they used the internet ten years or so ago.

Also the lonely geek isn't necessarily a particularly accurate stereotype. Most of the geeky people I know (or people who do geeky things) end up socialising all the time, if only because it's pretty hard to do D&D or LAN events by yourself. They may go down the pub less (although even that's debatable) but that doesn't mean they don't socialise.

I think at school (or in smaller universities perhaps) you just have a smallish population to draw potential friends from and so if you're into something more off-beat / different then you end up not knowing many people. Conversely the people who are into more mainstream / inoffensive / "normal" things will obviously find it easier. Obviously the mainstream varies from place to place, I suspect at an engineer / maths / computing dominated university then you'd be in a minority if you disliked network gaming or cartoons or whatever.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 11:04   #16
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

According to all the newspapers yesterday night that I was reading, texting on a mobile & e-mailing tempoarily knocks off 10 points off your IQ which is worse than dope which knocks off only 4. It's all apart of the infomania craze.

Here's a few questions that they asked a large no. of people (well to the best of my rememberance):

Do you drop what you're doing to read a message/an e-mail?

Do you always feel the need to check your e-mails when at work or whenever you're near a computer?

If you miss a day or more of not reading them, do you worry or wonder about what you might have been sent?

If yes to any of these, you're not classified as cool apparently.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 11:14   #17
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

I studied in Switzerland for my computing degree, it was odd, there seemed to be very few obvious devides between the different social groups. The big devide were in those there to study, and those there to party etc. It was quite a shock when i took mathematics back in blighty, perhaps it because of our "richer" cultural tapestry* or just media pressure to conform to atleast one of the many social groups they mention but the divides were huge in comparison.

I'm not really one for socialising, i've never been good in those meet and greet situations. I've my fiance, childhood friends and my dog. What else could a man want for.

*more foriegners
________
FoxyRoxy cam

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 06:59.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 18:48   #18
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Most smelly nerds are probably despised on the internet too.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 19:10   #19
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
i can wipe the floor with any upper middle class pashmina/rugby top wearing so called cool
Just because I go to Exeter Uni doesn't mean I wear rugby tops
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 19:25   #20
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Isn't your nickname at university "Gay Tom" ? Sounds like the in crowd love you

hey selters
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 20:45   #21
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

The scenario you (Weeks) describe certainly doesn't apply to my 'area' and school. There's the townie/chav crowd who are the 'cool' people and then there's the people with working brain cells.

There are circles within circles. Cool people as in chavs, have their own hierarchy of sorts, based on who's the biggest loudmouthed retard, and the uncool people are generally more indivualistic. The amount of people who use the internet as regularly are limited within the non-townie group, probably due to the lack of working brain cell issue. Even within the non-townie group, there's only maybe 5 in my whole school who know enough about internet and general usage to not get laughed at on IRC or other more elitist grounds, such as here for example. Most internet users I know of see the inter simply as a method to MSN, cybering camwhores and/or try and be 'emo' with myspace/lj accounts, being all depressed and the like, if they are in the category defined as 'grungers' bythe cool people (chavs). Again the oscillating inner-circles of the outer social circles shows itself. The internet isn't really seen as a geeky thing to do as there's a lot of humour oppurtunities found throughout it, but if you're seen on MSN too much during a day, then your labelled as a no-life loser.

Of course, there's extremes of each typecasts too, nerdy-likes who just don't enjoy company of others and prefer cuddling upto their xbox etc and people fixated with looking good to others, sharpening their image with extravagant drug/alcohol use even if they don't enjoy it too much just for the sake of their image and reputation as a wild cool guy/girl.

The stereotype of needing to go out to have a life is still featured here but for the 'no lifers' it's hardly a choice, as the amount of people we(I) can bear hanging out with is far too little due to, as ****ish and arrogant as it sounds, their ****ing inadequacies.

Christ, I cannot wait till I get out of this shithole.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 20:52   #22
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
The scenario you (Weeks) describe certainly doesn't apply to my 'area' and school. There's the townie/chav crowd who are the 'cool' people and then there's the people with working brain cells.

Christ, I cannot wait till I get out of this shithole.
What kind of hellhole do you live in where chavs are 'cool' and not 'twats'?

You have my sympathy, wherever it is...

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 21:39   #23
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Oh, they're still twats, but they're in such a high number compared to those of us who think they're twats, we're quite screwed.

(South east london btw)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 22:01   #24
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

The reason chavs don't use the internet is because they are poor end of story.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 22:07   #25
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Just because I go to Exeter Uni doesn't mean I wear rugby tops
no

but it's a good indication that you're thick.
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 23:04   #26
Tomkat

Quote:
no

but it's a good indication that you're thick.
Oh shush you posh twit, and stop having delusions of being godlike.
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 00:33   #27
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i am not really in any crowd at uni as i only do a couple of subjects .. the courses that i do is with people i know from, guess what, hockey....

tho when i am in town i appear to be 'incrowd' nowadays, which to me is that people who you absolutely no clue who they are come to you and act all popular while you really have no idea what they want from you and then they introduce you to their friends with something like 'look i know hans'

and when i am on the club there are a few people who appear to be all about hockey, just like me, and i know all them, then there are few who just play hockey and go home and i know a good bunch of them too, but most people are staying after their match .... usually ....

however, to answer your original question:

There are people with different social groups, who are by the other not seen as 'cool' or they are more seen like loners, while they are just in other groups ... and there are people with just less social groups ... who are judged, but not by me, tho it is a situation i do not prefer.
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 00:51   #28
Loz
Careless talk costs lives

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I spend a lot of time both on here and with my friends but then I don't really attend lectures so I get the time from there.
that's the way to do it
[19:13] <Keglomaniac> whats wrong with our intel?
[19:13] <bos|takeaway> its a contradiction in terms
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 01:08   #29
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Generally, all people have thier stimulants. Some people are stimulated by being "cool" on an i-net forums, and some are stimulated by being "cool" socially. There is no one way to be cool. It is just minority and majority. Like here. I consider the majority of you guys "cool" in an i-net sort of way. Outsiders that do not seam with the grain of the way you guys do things, like me, are pretty uncool here. For the simple fact that the majority are i-net people (giggle). BUT, there are some "cools" that are better than other "cools", as I would much rather be cool socially, than the i-net, as the quality of girls increases by 1000%.
Some people have the capability of choosing thier cool. I can hang with my friends and have fun allday, AND I can spend days playing games on the inet, and saying stupid phrases like "1337" an "*****". Others don't have a choice of thier "cool" group. Poor is NOT an excuse, broke people can hang out also. I have seen it. But say problems at home, or the environment you were raised in. You have no choice but to be a certain way so thus unable to pick what you want to do. The only way that a person could be uncool is if, you had no way of entertaining yourself. No stimulation at all. Just dull. Aperson who can't interact with anyone or anything in anyway. i consider that an uncool person.
Also, i-net geeks tend to be smarter than socially active people anyway. They just don't know how to make it work for them socially so they need help. Great example? Microsoft. Bill Gates, and that other guy who did all of the work.
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 01:17   #30
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You're such a trend-setting go-getter chika
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 01:28   #31
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
You're such a trend-setting go-getter chika
Thks JonnyBgood. You prove my point exactly. See guys, JonnyBGood is i-net cool, at one of the highest forms I should say, due to the fact that he has a position of authority over other i-net cool guys. thus JonnyBGood being cooler than me.
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 01:37   #32
Yahwe
I am.

i'd settle for anyone who was 'less shit than you'
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 01:40   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

I'm not that cool in real life though (well I am actually but occasionally I have my pitfalls). Last night I was at a party and I completely switched off during a conversation (because some people have an amazing ability to be dull even while mildly drunk) and this incredibly hot bird I've been trying to get into for the past two weeks asked me a question which I didn't hear. I pulled out my standard "to be perfectly honest it doesn't really bother me that much" when I noticed everyone looking at me expectantly. Unfortunately this time it's pretty much sunk my ship of hope as the conversation had for some insane reason turned to this girl we all knew who'd been mugged and beaten up a few weeks before and what should happen to the guys who attacked her.

I'm not exactly rating my chances highly anymore. Seriously guys alcohol destroys your attention span.
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 01:46   #34
Chika

Quote:
i'd settle for anyone who was 'less shit than you'
I don't hang with ugly men. Universally, they scare pretty girls away.
True story.
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 01:52   #35
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_horn
when you come out with such long winded drivel as you wrote a few posts ago i'm suprised you find it so easy to chat up girls........
Actually, I'm a listener. And typically, when I am at work, i post longer than any other time. Due to the fact that I have nothing better to do. I fail to see your point in any of the replies to me. Maybe I can catch it on your next attempt. Please make it clear.
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 02:00   #36
Chika

Quote:
i was refering to this
I know exactly what you were referring to. I sad I failed to see your point.

Its hard to pee in the morning because my penis is hard. You know what i am referring to in the previous sentence, but whats the point.
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 02:07   #37
zakoff
Evul Critter

zakoff is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I'm not part of either group. I'm part of the 'extreme' crowd (surfers, MTB'ers, rock climbers etc). At my uni there are people who see themselves as the in crowd, but they aren't seen as cool by anyone else but themselves. Putting effort into making yourself look cool, is totally uncool.

Quote:
Oh shush you posh twit, and stop having delusions of being godlike.
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 02:09   #38
Chika

Quote:
i was saying how suprised i was that you can hold a girl's attention for long when you spout such malarky, having said that i'm worse
having said that, I doubt you have any girl stimulation.
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 02:17   #39
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
I don't hang with ugly men. Universally, they scare pretty girls away.
True story.
hi

i'm bisexual (all gods are to quote simon raven). this is an inclusive forum. there's lots of fags here.

do stop going on about 'gettin girls'. we already have one poster who does that. and he's in your shitness league as well. heads up demigod.

kid as a bit of a tip. stick to your whole 'spouting masses of illiterate nonsense' style. it's served you well so far. you don't need another gimmick.

you're shit enough.
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 02:21   #40
Chika

Quote:
hi

i'm bisexual (all gods are to quote simon raven). this is an inclusive forum. there's lots of fags here.

do stop going on about 'gettin girls'. we already have one poster who does that. and he's in your shitness league as well. heads up demigod.

kid as a bit of a tip. stick to your whole 'spouting masses of illiterate nonsense' style. it's served you well so far. you don't need another gimmick.

you're shit enough.
erm, I never implied that I get girls. In fact, I didn't say that phrase not once in any of my posts. I'm married, I'm getting my wife.
Now, what I did say was
"I don't hang with Ugly men. Universally they scare girls away" of something like that.
if you can't agree with that statement, maybe, just maybe, you've been scaring away the girls.
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 02:38   #41
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'm not that cool in real life though (well I am actually but occasionally I have my pitfalls). Last night I was at a party and I completely switched off during a conversation (because some people have an amazing ability to be dull even while mildly drunk) and this incredibly hot bird I've been trying to get into for the past two weeks asked me a question which I didn't hear. I pulled out my standard "to be perfectly honest it doesn't really bother me that much" when I noticed everyone looking at me expectantly. Unfortunately this time it's pretty much sunk my ship of hope as the conversation had for some insane reason turned to this girl we all knew who'd been mugged and beaten up a few weeks before and what should happen to the guys who attacked her.

I'm not exactly rating my chances highly anymore. Seriously guys alcohol destroys your attention span.
lol, i think its a problem with blokes, when I was with my gf, she would speak while I was watching the tv and id find myself sitting there going um hmmm, ye, ok, I see, good point, etc etc. Then normally about half way through she would just look at me in amazement and I would have to ask her what she just said, its a problem in blokes, a real big problem.
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 06:44   #42
Tomkat

I've got this weird thing where if I'm on the computer, I pretty much turn off to external things.

I picked it up from being at home in Jersey, and having the computer in the same room as the TV and the lounge etc. So if I was trying to concentrate, I'd just ignore my mum and my sisters talking.

It's got me into trouble with people (namely ex-girlfriends) though as I'll go online while they're sitting on my bed or something, and I'll just go into ignore-mode without realising it.

That's pretty funny though Jonny. Perhaps you should reconsider your "generic answer for if you don't hear what they say"?
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 12:53   #43
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Just smile and nod, smile and nod, it works most of the time!
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 13:50   #44
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

Chika is too cool for this forum, we should ban him to stop me feeling inferior all the time.
________
Vaporizer sale

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 07:00.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 15:48   #45
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
them and those that discoverd Masters of Orion III
see, i bought moo3, thinking it would be a nice ol' strategy funpack... but i just couldnt get into it. nothing ever seemed to HAPPEN.

bloody silly game if you ask me.

edit: to answer the actual question of this thread, i think the whole "cool" thing is becoming slightly outdated. My friends know im pretty geeky (though probably not as much as id like to be) but it doesnt mean that im not "cool" or they arent for hanging out with me. Its a hobby more than anything else, and i think we have probably advanced beyond the stage where people are ostracised for how they choose to spend their free time. Unless its something like being a conservative politician, but thats a different matter altogether.
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 20:45   #46
Loz

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

lol i get negative rep cos someone doesn't know who i am, what a loser

i'm kinda new to the boards as my join date suggests u anus.
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 21:06   #47
Richie987
Mistress's fluffer

Richie987 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz

I think they did that when they realised you were male rather than a hot female.

On topic i don't think there are "social in groups", just that there are different groups with different perceptions and views on situations which make them (un)cool.
My 2 cents.
#1 Galaxy Winner
#1 ********** Galaxy winner
Top 15 ********** planet
Richie987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 01:55   #48
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceres
Chika is too cool for this forum, we should ban him to stop me feeling inferior all the time.
Hmmm, if an older account holder would have posted this, though i would have disliked it, it would have at least held some water. You on the other hand are a noob sir.
So in a political aspect, your opinion is nay. Next time you have something you want to say, pm it to a person with an older account, and let them relay it, until then. Shutup.

P.S, I don't expect you to reply for about 2 weeks or so, so I fail to see the validity of my own posting. Further more, if you are someone who is old and you returned, that only "increases" your role as insignificant, as you are forgettable
cheers
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 02:11   #49
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz

pos rep for the revolution!
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 03:45   #50
Loz

Lol OK i'm to stop using "u" and "cos". Sure, I was a bit pissed off so I couldn't be arsed to type properly