User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 4 Nov 2009, 13:03   #1
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Slimline pages

So I only just started using my phone to play PA (using Opera mini) on my newish phone (new to me, but a hand me down from my girlfriend's sister... and no its not pink!).

I just find there is a lot of extra text on the screen (meaning more scrolling), that I dont really need when playing PA.

Things like Commander Message, Quests, MOTD, Info (usually a big block of text at the bottom of each page, being a vet I don't need them, or at least a seperate link on the overview which opens up a page with them on).

The other issue I have is with tables, opera will try and display them at a full width, meaning that on the production screen, ship names are on the far left and quantity boxes are on the far right.

So a new url which links to a smaller page for phones with smaller screens would be great.

EDIT:
Regarding the the main overview items like commander message etc, have them work the same as news. If they are updated they display a "!" after the link (a link replacing the block of text, which when clicked brings up a new window)..

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2009, 14:17   #2
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of
Re: Slimline pages

if you check, some pages has already gotten a "cut down" output, like the research page. While this is a very small difference in output, it helps with the amount of data being loaded.
I plan on making changes to all pages, cutting down on the amount of text it outs and how wide/large that output is.
Problem is that pa doesn't have a separated "view", it's all a single thing so adjusting the output is quite a bit of work and will take time. So this will be very much a work in progress and happen little by little.
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote