User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Dec 2004, 23:39   #1
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Franz Ferdinand

Should I buy their album?
I quite like "This Ffffire".
Points for World War I related jokes.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 23:44   #2
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of
Re: Franz Ferdinand

I hate Franz Ferdinand. But go ahead, a lot of people bum them.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 23:45   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I havent listened to their whole album but they remind me a bit of Travis and Razorlight. A few good songs but the rest are all much of a muchness. Compared to other new bands like Kasabian, The Killers and The Zutons i dont rate them too highly.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 23:45   #4
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I thought it was bloody great for a while but, to me that is, it became old quite quickly.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 23:46   #5
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I stopped being a twat and started to listen to them on warprecords.com/bleep. I'll tell you what I think in a minute.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 23:50   #6
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I havent listened to their whole album but they remind me a bit of Travis and Razorlight. A few good songs but the rest are all much of a muchness. Compared to other new bands like Kasabian, The Killers and The Zutons i dont rate them too highly.
I said I am not willing to do that baby, I AM NOT WILLING TO DO THAT BABY

in a similar vein of excellent and fairly new british rock, I'm growing increasingly obsessed with WttN. It's far better than the debut album and i've never seen anything maintain that degree of quality for 5 songs in a row.

anyway, franz ferdinand. They are abysmal live, or were at leeds, but generally are good if a bit samey.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 23:54   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
I said I am not willing to do that baby, I AM NOT WILLING TO DO THAT BABY

in a similar vein of excellent and fairly new british rock, I'm growing increasingly obsessed with WttN. It's far better than the debut album and i've never seen anything maintain that degree of quality for 5 songs in a row.
I've just finished listening to both albums again . The first 5 songs on WttN are probably better than any 5 put together from the debut album, but after those 5 it does go downhill slightly, which is why i'ld have the 1st just above the 2nd.

Bleed from within is my favourite song though and is unbe-****ing-leivable live. They end up having 3 drum sets on stage, its crazy .

Oh and i didnt bother mentioning them because i seem to go on about them in every other music post i make.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 23:55   #8
Weeks
Banned

Well thier album doesn't seem too awful. There's about 5 decent tracks. I think i'll just steal the good tracks off t'internet. Unless im feeling particularly rich tommorow.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 23:56   #9
Weeks
Banned

wtf is WttN?
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 23:59   #10
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
The Killers.
<3

Album of the year.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 00:01   #11
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
wtf is WttN?
Welcome to the north by The Music.

WttN > Kasabian > Hot Fuss > Who Killed the Zutons > everything else this year.
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 00:06   #12
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

no. but they're all extremely, extremely good.

edit: ps, guide and i need love. also, the only two really REALLY good tracks on the music are the people and getaway.
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 00:15   #13
Weeks
Banned

Ive just started listening to WttN and it doesnt sound really great.
Pretty much like their last album which wasnt bad.

But listen to it for more than 14 hours during a frantic attempt at handing in a piece of DirectX coursework and you'll start to shiver every time you hear it, if you're not constantly hearing it in your head anyway .
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 00:23   #14
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

my friend knows dave from the zutons, i dont.

i like franz ferdinand, but the songs on their album are all a bit samey.

i have the killers album but i;ve not listened to it yet, wtf!

but err, yeah. hairy balls in your mouth feel wirey!
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 01:07   #15
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

i listened to their album, didnt like it.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 01:21   #16
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

The Zutons? heh.
I like Franz Ferdinand, their album is good and I liked them live both times I've seen them, but for me both The Futureheads (self-titled album) and Antics (Interpol) are better. Kasabian's album is good, I received it for christmas this week, but it's missing something in my opinion. Other albums from this year that are good include Chutes too Narrow (The Shins) and Uh Huh Her (PJ Harvey).
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 01:52   #17
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
anyway, franz ferdinand. They are abysmal live, or were at leeds, but generally are good if a bit samey.
I've seen FF at Glasto and in Exeter and both times they were ace.

Saying that, I don't think I'd buy their album though. Although having said THAT, I very very rarely buy music.
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 02:06   #18
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

i've got the FF album, and i liked it. I am also now considering buying The Zutons album, as both Don't Ever Think and Confusion seem to have got caught in my head
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 02:55   #19
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You're all ****ing daft but ill forgive you because with the killers, franz, and the zutons, plus the dominance of keane and snow patrol this has been the best year for music since 1999. Easily (despite the shiteness of the streets, maroon 5 razorlight etc). 2005 will be shite however - the return of the darkness and coldplay will ensure another wank year like 2003, and people going "oh oh oh muse! muse! muse are the new queen!" plus the lack of albums from the good new bands above = shite year.

By the way, merry christmas, happy new year etc, its been a while

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 08:08   #20
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

welcome back
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 10:27   #21
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i like FF
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 12:09   #22
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

All canadian radio is... Nickelback and Theory of a Dead man.

Which is better than the tripe that get's aired these days in the UK unfortunately.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 12:58   #23
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Nickelback .... better than the tripe that get's aired these days in the UK
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 14:24   #24
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

I prefer their opposing band "Gavrilo Princip and the Black Hand" They're awesome.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 14:27   #25
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

What about The Libertines, I got that for Christmas and it seems pretty
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 14:35   #26
JC
lolly roffle

Last night when i was going to bed the thought suddenly hit me that someone would bring them up to go in my list of best albums. I have Up the Bracket but havent as of yet listened to their new album. At some point i will go out and spend my money on a few new albums, of which The Libertines will probably be one.
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 18:19   #27
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
More a swipe at how some radio and music stations before I left had bent over and decided to take one up the ass for 'popular' music with regards to airing more shit that is best left on "The Box" and "Smash Hits" Albums if you know what I mean.

I couldn't stand to listen to anything music related in the UK any longer, knowing my listening pleasure would inevitably be interrupted by some weakly affiliated MOBO crap.

(that and a lot of the bands over there in the UK are getting too soft... they'll release one or two things that would get my blood charging, hair raising, wanting to get up and have fun, then the rest will be soppy ballad shite or something you'd prolly listen too stoned... at least Nickelback's latest stuff talks about falling for a whore and then beating her up as you realise your disgust.)
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 18:23   #28
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

dude, get serious, Nickelback basicly have only one single song, all others are different versions of that one song.

They are ****ing shit.
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 18:25   #29
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
dude, get serious, Nickelback basicly have only one single song, all others are different versions of that one song.

They are ****ing shit.
Nah, it's Theory of a dead man who continue to sound like nickelback, to be fair to nickelback the only stuff that sounded the same etc etc was when they were rushed to cash in on their new found popularity... since then they seem to have got the songwriting thing back on, you know lyrics that actually entertain the mind rather than tell you how to think or are just a whine like our dear eminem etc etc.
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 19:17   #30
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They're just the latest "decent for something you'd hear on Radio 1 during the day but pretty wank by any other standard" band imo. I found their album ok at first, but after the 2nd listen I had no real desire to listen to it ever again.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 03:51   #31
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
Should I buy their album?

not unless you want to branded a faggot you gay
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 03:53   #32
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
(that and a lot of the bands over there in the UK are getting too soft... they'll release one or two things that would get my blood charging, hair raising, wanting to get up and have fun, then the rest will be soppy ballad shite or something you'd prolly listen too stoned... at least Nickelback's latest stuff talks about falling for a whore and then beating her up as you realise your disgust.)

as an example see "Bloc Party" who's first song was rocking but the third song they released as a single is absolute ****ing softly softly wank and which totally put me off buying the album
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 03:57   #33
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
not unless you want to branded a faggot you gay
You brand everyone a faggot anyway. Why shouldnt he just jump to the head of the queue and be done with it.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 04:09   #34
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
You brand everyone a faggot anyway.

Not true.

I call people "gay" or "fags" but rarely "faggots".

In the "Rankin scale" it goes:

gay < fag < faggot

in order of lack of respect i have for them
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 04:25   #35
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Not true.

I call people "gay" or "fags" but rarely "faggots".

In the "Rankin scale" it goes:

gay < fag < faggot

in order of lack of respect i have for them
For "Lack of Respect" read "Level of Attraction"
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 11:57   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
"oh oh oh muse! muse! muse are the new queen!"
That's just the latest 'vogue' thing to call them. They were 'The new Radiohead' initially, and Absolution sounds like nothing either have done.

Frankly, I think the 'New Queen' comparisons were based on the fact that it's pretentious music with guitars. From that description, they're just as well described by 'The new Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds'
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 22:51   #37
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
as an example see "Bloc Party" who's first song was rocking but the third song they released as a single is absolute ****ing softly softly wank and which totally put me off buying the album
Bad Dace.
By "third", I think you probably mean fourth (Banquet, Little Thoughts, Helicopter and then the new not-so-good one (where are we, or something?)is the running order as far as I'm aware...
But the album is great. It's not out til feb, but is otherwise available (know what I mean?) so don't be put off. Luno and She's Hearing Voices are my current favourites, though I may "lose" my copy and then have all the excitement of buying it for real...
Try and get hold of the EP as well, it's 11 songs only 2 of which are on the album, which is nice.
26 days til I see them again, yay!
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 15:08   #38
Sunday8pm
Banned

Muse are great, but muse started back near the start of the millenium... in the last 2 years no new bands have come out and produced anything short of hype worthy over their short exsistences.
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 15:09   #39
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
Bad Dace.
By "third", I think you probably mean fourth (Banquet, Little Thoughts, Helicopter and then the new not-so-good one (where are we, or something?)is the running order as far as I'm aware...
But the album is great. It's not out til feb, but is otherwise available (know what I mean?) so don't be put off. Luno and She's Hearing Voices are my current favourites, though I may "lose" my copy and then have all the excitement of buying it for real...
Try and get hold of the EP as well, it's 11 songs only 2 of which are on the album, which is nice.
26 days til I see them again, yay!
could you 'lose' the album in my direction please?
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 15:19   #40
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

what nodrog said. i got the album and i listed to it now and then, 3 or 4 years time probably wont even remember them. doesnt really matter tho. thought they were toss at glastonbury btw.
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 18:47   #41
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Franz are cool.

Libertines are shit, I hope Pete dies soon.

5 best albums of the year:

You are the Quarry
Hopes and Fears
Franz Ferdinand
Lets Bottle Bohemia
To the 5 boroughs
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 23:54   #42
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

Quote:
Hopes and Fears
Hah.
Unread 31 Dec 2004, 00:04   #43
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

i'm highly surprised by the futureheads' album. i'm thoroughly enjoying it so far.
Unread 31 Dec 2004, 00:38   #44
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Franz Ferdinand are pretty shit tbh.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2004, 15:34   #45
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

Quote:
i'm highly surprised by the futureheads' album. i'm thoroughly enjoying it so far.
Good boy
24 days to go
Unread 31 Dec 2004, 15:52   #46
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i don't like any of the 'new' big bands this year

it's all impationate boringness

ps. i hope impationate is a word
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2004, 15:53   #47
Danae
loved

Danae has a spectacular aura aboutDanae has a spectacular aura aboutDanae has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I've seen FF at Glasto and in Exeter and both times they were ace.
Ace when I saw them in Brighton too.
Danae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2004, 15:59   #48
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
i don't like any of the 'new' big bands this year

it's all impationate boringness

ps. i hope impationate is a word
Impassionate.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2004, 16:03   #49
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Impassionate.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2004, 16:06   #50
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
Good boy
24 days to go
And it is something that you would like to talk about
But it's only your first day
And they say
This is the job that people die for
I hope you're ready for the next stage
A lot of people work in the same place
Don't let them get in your way